Dr. Robert Beitman, MD

Dr. Robert Beitman, MD

Gastroenterology  ·
Dr. Robert Beitman, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Cape May Court House, NJ and has been practicing for 38 years. He graduated from New York University School Of Medicine in 1975 and specializes in gastroenterology, geriatric medicine, and more.Read his story

15 Village Dr

Cape May Court House, NJ 08210

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Amerihealth
  • CoreSource
  • EmblemHealth

Learn about Dr. Beitman

See how frequently Dr. Beitman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Constipation
Abdominal Pain
Stomach Diseases

Dr. Beitman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Beitman's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Beitman "The doctor has had decades of formal education and continuing medical educations. He has studied at major medical centers and with many experts in the field. He tries to be helpful and informative."

This content was provided by Dr. Beitman "I practice high quality internal medicine and digestive disease (gastroenterology). I believe in listening to the patients and treating them as if I would my own family. I have been in private practice for over 37 years. I have experience with nursing homes and their management,and hospice medical care. Also I run and practice in an accredited surgical office in my office where I perform multiple digestive procedures per week."

• Gastroenterology
  • Geriatric Medicine

• Geriatric Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Union College In Schenectady,Ny
  • University Penn Med College Hosps
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1978
  • Presby Med Center University Penn
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1980

Dr. Beitman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Beitman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Beitman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Beitman's Reviews

4.4
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Beitman to family and friends

Dr. Beitman's Performance

Dr. Beitman Says:
"

we  at the office try to do our very best. we are happy to  hear patient comments. we try to acknowledge what patients say and change if necessary to improve or modify our selves

"

My insurance company will not cover visits to his office because he is out of network. He screamed that I HAD to call my insurance company and DEMAND they cover visits to him. Further, he informed me I should pay him cash for visits to him and then get reimbursed from my insurance company....OMG,...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Our office takes virtually all insurance plans. On occasion, a patient may travel into the area and has a primary physician elsewhere. They may require a referral to see the doctor. This is true whether the patient saw the doctor even while hospitalized, Patients are required by their plans to notify their primary and obtain referrals. Yes it is true that a patient can see a doctor outside of their plans and pay for services. Often plans will satisfy patients. Hope you get the care you need.

he is a very pleasant doctor with a great staff. His waiting room is almost always crowded. I like that it suggests to me that people value his judgment. You do have to wait, often 30 mins+, but it is well worth it. I bring magazines to read. I always see the doctor, not an assistant. He is so...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Don't ever go here this man is a quack, just takes advantage of senior citizens. I think he pushes pain meds. and milks Medicaid insurance. Sorry but I absolutely believe this to be true.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Our office is geriatric sensitive. We stand against pain meds, often times patients demand them. We have been working with the various plans for decades and understand how they work. We are always happy to help patients. Our staff is always getting compliments. It is true that not every patient does well in every office. Sometimes requests are not considered appropriate. Some offices have fewer patients and shorter waits. Some patients have expectations that are not thought to be best fpr them.

excellent knowledgable doctor, who will tell you the truth. You may not want to hear it, but I do. Because he is so good you will have to wait to see him, but in my mind it is worth it,I suspect you would agree. He has a lot of knowledge with regard to the digestive tract, also internal medicine.He...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I am impressed with Dr. Beitman, my first visit he was impressive. Made me feel very confident and explained everything that I needed to know. My test was a breeze, he did a great job. My husband is transferring over to him.