Dr. Robert Bastian, MD

Dr. Robert Bastian, MD

Laryngology  |
Dr. Robert Bastian, MD is a laryngology doctor who practices in Downers Grove, IL. He is 64 years old and has been practicing for 39 years. Dr. Bastian is affiliated with Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital.

3010 Highland Pkwy Ste 550

Downers Grove, IL 60515

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Cofinity
  • HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Bastian

See how frequently Dr. Bastian performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Larynx Conditions
Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
Dysphagia

Dr. Bastian's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Laryngology

• Otolaryngology
    Accredited by: American Board of Otolaryngology*

• Achalasia
  • Aspiration (Breathing in Foreign Object)
  • Aspiration Pneumonia
  • Chondroma
  • Chronic Cough
  • Chronic Laryngitis
  • Dysphagia
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngeal Cancer
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma of Head, Face, and Neck
  • Spasmodic Dysphonia
  • Stridor
  • Throat Cancer
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Tongue Cancer

• ENT Surgery
  • Esophageal Dilatation
  • Excision of Tracheal Tumor or Stenosis
  • Excision or Destruction of Pharynx Lesion
  • Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES)
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Tracheal Resection
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Tracheostomy
  • Vocal Fold Medialization Surgery

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Greenville College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1974
  • Washington Univ Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1978
  • Barnes Jewish Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1979
  • Wash University Barnes Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1983

Dr. Bastian has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bastian does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bastian and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bastian's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bastian to family and friends
Dr. Bastian's Performance
Downers Grove, IL |
Dr. Bastian and Melissa Smithson, PA were outstanding in evaluating and explaining their assessment of my vocal challenges. Their prescription for improvement of my circumstances will take motivation and commitment to practice; however, I long to be able to use my voice differently. I now have direction on how to increase my vocal variability. I only wish I had accessed these resources earlier in my life. Never too late to go to laryngopedia..com to practice skill sets untapped. Thank you.
in Downers Grove, IL |
Incredible voice doctor, surgeon and all-around beatiful person. I feel so privileged to have been in his care. Wonderful staff and support. Thank you from the depths of my heart for helping bring back my instrument and my vocation!!!
Downers Grove, IL |
I would recommend Dr. Bastian to everyone. His diagnosis and treatment through the years has helped me tremendously.
The best!
in Downers Grove, IL |
Dr Bastian is the greatest. 11 years ago, I was scheduled to have a total laryngectomy with another ENT but Dr Bastian found a way to save my larynx AND my voice. I am forever grateful to have found such a fine surgeon.
in Carol Stream |
He is awesome! I'm so hopeful now!!!! I wish I'd met him years ago and many doctors ago and years of feeling and sounding sick!
An amazing diagnostician and the best ENT I have ever seen. I am a singer and was having a very odd problem--vocal spasms and pain--that no one seemed able to diagnose. I was concerned about a dystonia and the issue was really affecting my quality of life. Dr. Bastian diagnosed the issue immediately and put me on a treatment protocol that has worked wonders. I am very grateful for his expertise. The office was also wonderfully run. I can't recommend him more highly.
in Downers Grove, IL |
I've seen Dr Robert Bastian for over 15 yrs for vocal cord issues. I've had procedures, vocal therapy & surgery under his direction. Dr Bastian is dedicated to his field of practice & his patients. He's always up to date on new procedures & his staff is great. He's helped me from a medical standpoint & also in dealing with chronic health issues. I've seen many specialists & Dr. Bastian is by far, the best I have seen in every aspect. He is a brilliant doctor, open to my thoughts & always kind.
Downers Grove, IL |
9 year patient with ver year patient with very positive results! Very happy with DR. Bastian
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Bastian is WONDERFUL!! He is extremely educated and is vigilant about keeping his patients educated as well. He is very kind and really takes his time with you. I'm excited to have met him and to be in his care. I can't wait to see what the future hold, but I'm sure Dr. Bastian can help me!!!
in Palm Coast, FL |
Easy, informative. Very kind, professional.
Yes I WOULD And I have
Very friendly
Downers Grove, IL |
Felt a lot of confidence in Dr. RIchardson's assessment & diagnosis. Really appreciated how he listened without interruption to my son's history/case, as many aren't so attentive and the case history is key in most cases. Office staff very professional and kind. Beautiful facility.
Downers Grove, IL |
Dr. Bastain was extremely nice and knowledgeable.
in Beverly Hills, Fl |
Absolutely the caringest physician, I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Due to insurance also have had several others who treat my condition, but most success here along with treating the whole family's questions.
Downers Grove, IL |
Dr. Bastain was very thorough and informative. I would highly recommend him to anyone that is seeking a quality examination based off of accurate information and years of study.
in Bolingbrook, IL |
Doctor Bastain was very friendly and helpful! He explained things very well and helped me understand my symptoms.
Downers Grove, IL |
The doctor is very friendly and welcoming, and really wants the patient to learn and have good outcomes.
Downers Grove, IL |
Dr Bastain and staff, especially Tiffany, are always very helpful, courteous and professional.
Crown Point, IN |
First time seeing him or any voice specialist. An absolutely phenomenal experience. Dr. Bastian's reputation is well earned. If anything, it is understated. Knowledgeable, kind, educational, and understanding. He's a great doctor, he's an even better teacher. Not sure how anyone could really provide a better experience. No, we are not related, and no, he did he not pay me to say any of this. :-).
in Connersville Indiana |
Dr Bastain and the staff could not have been more professional. I will highly recommend Bastain Voice Institute to those in need. I especially appreciated how thorough he explains things. Don Bales
Downers Grove, IL |
He was a very smart man and knew how to diagnose. Encouraging and knowledgable.
in Downers Grove, IL |
Dr. B was caring and seemed genuinely concerned for me to have a speaking voice return.
in Downers Grove, IL |
Very glad I came in. Dr Bastian was very informative.
in Downers Grove, IL |
Dr. Bastian was very nice and explained everything very well.
in Downers Grove, IL |
Dr Bastin satisfied my desire to know the why of my cough and empowered me with the knowledge of a specific plan on the how to treat it. Also l left the visit with the assurances of how we will stay connected in communicating the process of my progress.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Bastian, MD?
Are you Dr. Bastian?