Dr. Robert Barbarite, MD

Dr. Robert Barbarite, MD

Internal Medicine  |
Dr. Robert Barbarite, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Parkland, FL. He is 71 years old and has been practicing for 45 years.

7541 N State Road 7

Parkland, FL 33073

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Barbarite

Dr. Barbarite's Experience

Dr. Barbarite's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine

• Asthma
  • Atherosclerosis
  • Bladder Diseases
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Bronchiectasis
  • Bronchitis
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pain
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Constipation
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Cough
  • Dysphagia
  • Ear Ache
  • Ear Disorders
  • Emphysema
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Esophagitis
  • Fever
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Heart Disease
  • Heartburn
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Herpes Zoster Without Complication
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Muscle Weakness
  • Nausea
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Perimenopause
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pharyngitis
  • Spondylosis
  • Stomach Diseases
  • Symptomatic Menopause
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vertigo
  • Vitamin D Deficiency
  • Warts

• Anemia and Iron Deficiency Screening
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Cardiovascular Disease Counseling

• Kings County Hospital Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1973
  • Kings County Hospital Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1975

Dr. Barbarite has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Barbarite does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Barbarite and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Barbarite's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Barbarite to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Barbarite's Performance
Pompano Beach, FL |
If this doctor was an emergency room technician or brain surgeon dealing with life threatening emergencies, I could forgive the long (1-2 hour) waits EVERY time. They must overbook because this is outrageous. Less greedy and more timely please. I will be finding another doctor. I've had enough!
in Miami, FL |
The Dr himself is very nice, but his office staff is ridiculous, unprofessional, and extremely rude! They argue with eachother in front of patients, and his office manager Lori is horrible. What a rude woman. Nurses Joann and Janae are sweet as pie. God forbid you wear any perfume or spray it's the worst thing in the world to these people. Just horrible and rude people the dr should really consider changing staff to not keep loosing patients
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
One of his staff members sent me to the wrong hospital for an operation. They did not have any referral and I waited 2 hours until it was clear that I was in the wrong place. The following day I complained at his office and was not allowed to see the doctor, totally disregarding the case. I wrote him a letter with details and his reply was that I was no longer welcome in his office. My first reaction was to report him to the A.M.A but I did not want to ruin his career. I found a better Doctor
in Coconut Creek, FL |
Dr. Barbarite is thorough, intelligent, and takes the time to explain your illness to you. He has helped me through several sicknesses. My grown daughter also sees him. For 4 years she had mysterious allergic reactions. One day when those symptoms flared up we went to the ER early in the morning, where they did absolutely nothing for her. We were able to get an appointment with Dr. Barbarite later that day, and the minute he walked into the room he accurately diagnosed her. Mystery solved!
in Coral Springs, FL |
This poor excuse for a doctor diagnosed my mother with a pinched nerve, without even seeing her and said she needed physical therapy. A 2nd opinion revealed 2 acute fractures in her back. Beware of the idiot and his staff of clones
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I've been a patient at this office for approximately 20 years and was just seen about 5 months ago. Friday I came down with a severe sore throat and called to ask if my Nurse Practitioner (Pam) could call in a prescription to the pharmacy. I was called back about 1.5 hours later and told to take Aleve and OTC medication and if I felt terribly sick I could come in Monday or go to a walk-in-clinic over the weekend. I'm still sick today. I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THIS OFFICE!
Pompano Beach, FL |
I agree with the many "POOR" reviews I read about Dr. Barbarite that describe a very busy office that overbooks themselves, is non-caring about the huge wait times to see any of the medical professionals on staff because too many people are booked to the same appointment time, that this office runs like a chicken with their head cut off with nobody knowing what anybody else is doing, where nobody is accountable to anything and where mistakes and bad patient service is the norm.
Deerfield Beach, FL |
Dr Barbarite is a great man........HOWEVER....... in a terrible medical climate, it appears as though he has succombed to the greed of overbooking while hiding behind a staff that has a "we will get to you when we get to you" mentality. I have been there quite a few times only to wait for a minimum of 90 minutes up to 3 hours. The office manager is extremely nasty and approaches issues as if medical attention is a privilige...........extremely fast to collect co-pays yet extremely slow and inco
in Coral Springs, FL |
Dr Barbarite is not only a thorough professional in his field with years of experience but also a wonderful person. He always makes us feel at ease and my daughters aged 10 and 5 are always welcome with us in the exam room. Healing starts the minute you meet a doctor with a smile and positive attitude. We adore you Dr Barbarite and wish you life's best always.
Boca Raton, FL |
I have been a patient there for 4 years, the service continues to get worse and worse. The past 3 or 4 visits I had to wait no less than an hour passed my scheduled appt time, to be seen. I just called to have a script refilled, I was on hold for 25min, got aggravated and hung up.
in Fort Lauderdale, FL |
Terrible. Had a visit this week. Got there early but still waited 1 1/2 hrs after the appt time. Front desk woman was terrible, rude and nothing nice about her. Why they would have a person like that as the first person you see when you go in in beyond me. Must be a family member. Even making an appt is an ordeal if you can get through on the phones. The doctor is nice if you can get in to see him through the gatekeeper gauntlet. manipulate records!! Be careful.
in Boca Raton, FL |
He did not look at my personal history before treating me. I had to mention prior related lab results which he then checked. I was also told to write down the reasons I was seeing him -only one was addressed, then he left the room and never came back. His office (specifically Barbara) is incompetent - incapable of providing referrals without at least 4 follow-ups, several trips to the office and constant mistakes. Took 3 weeks just to get an annual mammo referral and others even longer.
Parkland, Florida |
I could not recommend Dr. Babarite because he was incapable of giving me an obvious diagnosis. He told me I had the flu when it was a staph infection. Also, my prescription directions which he wrote were incorrect. I caught the error. He is a nice guy, but inept to say the least.
Miami, FL |
It is ridiculous for a patient with an appt to have to wait in excess of 1.5 hrs to be seen. After finally being seen, I was sent to the front desk with a drug sample and Rx. After looking at the sample and what was prescribed, I asked to speak with the dr for a different med and Rx. I was told, No that I could not and that the dr was busy. Too busy to address the concern of a patient who waited almost 2 hours for a 15 min. appt?! They never asked me about any contraindications I may have.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. B has been my Dr. for over 15 years. He is an amazing Dr. He has demonstrated absolute care and concern for me and my wife over the years. For those who only see the PA in his office, simply ask specifically to be seen by Dr. B. The staff certainly needs improvement particularly with getting prescriptions filled. Most of the staff are very kind and the offices are immaculately clean and safe. I recommend him completely. Dennis D. Boca Raton, FL
in Coral Springs |
I've been a patient for close to 20 years. If I want an appt with Dr B, I request when making an appt. Dr B is a great physician who is perceptive & questions to uncover potential issues I haven't even thought of, based on his knowledge/experience. He listens & discusses solutions based on how I feel about the choices, if more than one. my feelings were considered, in other words, something rare to find in a physician. Other staff professionals I see are equally interested in solutions.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Saw him once and was handed off to other docs/pa's after first visit...had an issue one time that I described to another doc later on years later and was asked why doc barbarite did not hospitalize me and I could have died from the condition
Coconut Creek |
As I never met the real Dr himself becauae they schedule you with the nurse practitioner I can't say. Don't know what patients actually see real Dr..maybe the ones with lots of $$? Wait time is atrocious. Total disrespect for patients. Even technicians for very 1st appt of day is late. Don't spend needed time..all they care about is sending you for tests, bloodwoork, xrays. I'm looking now for another primary care. Don't want to go back.
in coral springs |
This Drs. Office is absolutely a incompetent managed place. You will sit for hours. Be told wrong information. And overcharged for basic needs. Horribly run is the best way to describe it. Once i sat there for three hours and had to leave. They have no respect for working peoples time. No stars Front desk receptionist is extremely rude. Im invoicing them for my time spent
in Pompano Beach, FL |
Horrible. I had a weekend emergency and because the office is closed the voice mail directs you to an emergency after hours line. I left a msg on my emergency asking for a call back from any doctor in the office, if not from Barbarite himself. Despite leaving three messages throughout the day, Saturday, Sunday and Monday went by without a call back from the office. I had to phone office Monday during regular biz hours. No emergency response is disgusting.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Barbarite, MD?
Are you Dr. Barbarite?