Dr. Robert Atkenson, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 69

Dr. Atkenson

Atkenson & Atkenson Mds

14640 John Humphrey Dr Ste 101 Orland Park, IL 60462

Dr. Robert Atkenson, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Orland Park, IL and has been practicing for 44 years. He graduated from University Of Illinois At Chicago / College Of Medicine in 1975 and specializes in orthopedic surgery.

Dr. Atkenson accepts

Dr. Atkenson accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
Blue Choice
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois PPO
Commercial Insurance Company
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
HealthLink
HealthLink PPO
POMCO Group

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Atkenson's experience treating your condition or procedure

Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

Dr. Atkenson treats Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Atkenson treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture

Dr. Atkenson treats Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture more than 95% of his peers

Dr. Atkenson treats this condition more than 95% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Achilles Tendon Rupture

• Broken Arm
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Atkenson

Dr. Atkenson?
Dr. Atkenson's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Robert Atkenson, MD
I would definitely recommend Dr ROBERT Atkenson. I had a hip replacement in August 2018. I was up walking with a cane good in 2 weeks. The only thing I regret is that I didn’t do my surgery sooner. Dr R Atkenson is the best !!! K Perretta
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Atkenson, MD?
I had my hip replaced via the "Super-Path" method - extremely pleased with the results! I was up walking within hours of the surgery and went home the next day. Have had several surgeries done by Dr. Robert Atkenson, and I have always been impressed with his caring approach and thoroughness in explaining my care pre and post surgery. Office staff have also been attentive and caring. I would definitely recommend Dr. Atkenson to anyone needing an orthopedist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Atkenson, MD?
December 7th 2014 dr. Atkinson performed hip surgery had to have it redone 7 months later. I guess I should have wrote this review a long time ago. I guess even good to surgeons can make a bad choices. He misaligned my hip so bad that it was turning out of the socket 5 months after the surgery. Have to say nice guy. But I wouldn't recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Atkenson, MD?
In May of 2017 Dr. Atkenson did my hip replacement surgery! I was up and walking 3 hours after surgery, and back riding on my Harley a week later!! He takes his time with his patients, and answers all your questions! I wouldn’t go to anyone else!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Atkenson, MD?
Dr. Atkenson is a great Orthopedic Dr. Did a fantastic job on my husband's shoulder within days he was moving his arms able to do things he wasn't able to do for a long time. No pain unbelievable. The Doctor made sure we understood the procedure. Love the staff very friendly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Atkenson, MD?
I had left knee replacement 8 months ago. I no longer have pain in my knee after suffering pain for many years. The surgery was performed at Metro South hospital where I received excellent care. I am also pleased with the treatment I received from the physical therapist Dr. Atkenson recommended. From my first appointment on I have received excellent care from the doctor and his staff. While totally professional they were friendly and answered all my questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Atkenson, MD?
I found Dr. Atkenson to be a quintessential member of his profession; professional yet personal, a master in his field. His office in Orland Park was more of a distance than I wanted to travel, but after meeting him, I realized that distance didn't matter. He performed quite a tricky hip surgery that finally relieved excruciating pain that I had for 8 months. His warm demeanor and surgical skills are much appreciated. Thank you, Dr. Atkenson and a special thank you to Cathy!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Atkenson, MD?
I had no problem scheduling an appointment. Was impressed with the Dr. at my first meeting. Became comfortable and trusting of him as he discussed the important things he had learned from doing many of these surgeries. X-rays were immediately taken there at his office and he showed both my wife and I just how deteriorated my hip was. We greed to go ahead. His staff made the arrangements & gave me a outline of what I needed to do. Had surgery April 4th and walked the same day. I am very pleased.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Atkenson, MD?
Dr. Atkenson is excellent . He is friendly, listens to you and explains your treatment thoroughly, answering any of your questions. My wife and I have been going to Dr. Atkinson for many years, and he has helped me with back problems, and broken bones. His staff is friendly and concerned about you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Atkenson, MD?
Dr. Robert Atkenson greats you in a friendly, and professional manner, takes time explaining and answering questions thoroughly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Atkenson, MD?
I am a 69 nine year old male. Walking was very painful. Dr. Atkenson replaced my left hip on May 16, 2015. I was able to walk within a few hours. Within a week, the pain from the surgery was gone, I was able to do my own shopping and within a couple of months I was able to walk over two miles. Today I walk without pain and roller skate. I have no sensation of the artificial hip in my body.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Atkenson, MD?
Absolutely outstanding ,very professional. My wife and I are very happy with the care and treatment we have received under his care. Highly recommend !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Atkenson, MD?
I don't always see eye to eye with my providers, but this man is a great doctor and a fine man.I am Blessed to have chosen him for my surgery and after care. I highly recommend him and his brother Paul. He is also caring for my older brother since he met Dr. Robert Atkinson after driving me to a few of my appointments. A truly caring and sincere doctor. Along with his brother Paul, they both gave me exceptional care for my procedures . Thank you Doctors Robert and Paul !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Atkenson, MD?
This is an update on my total knee replacement I had done by Dr. Robert Atkenson on March 3, 2016. It has been 5 months and My family and I just returned for Yosemite National Park. I consider my self very active; even at the age of 66. I am pleased to say after 4 days of hiking in Yosemite my new knee worked great. I honestly thought I would never be as active as I was 20 years ago. Our next trip is to Patigonia in South America. I give Dr. Atkenson a rating of 5 STARS. Thank you "Doctor Bob"
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Atkenson, MD?
Had my right hip replaced by Dr. Atkenson with the Super Path procedure. Dr. Atkenson is very professional and and explains in detail, he answered every question that was asked. He will not let you leave until you feel that you(the patient) are comfortable and satisfied with the timeline of the surgery. Robert even gave me his cell # to call anytime I have a question. I give Robert and his Staff my highest recommendation. I know Robert will be my surgeon to replace my left hip when needed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Atkenson, MD?
Been a patient of Dr Robert Atkenson's for 21 years. The way I describe Dr. Atkenson is you know you're going to like him as soon as he walks into the room. Dr. Atkenson has scoped my left shoulder,. right knee and left knee (twice). He has done full total knee replacements for both of my knees and has treated for multiple other reasons. I've recommended him to other family and friend who have been pleased. He's done an amazing job on my knee replacements.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Atkenson, MD?
Dr Robert Atkenson, over a period of about 15 years , has performed 3 procedures on my left knee. The final procedure done January 21, 2015 was a total left knee replacement. Dr Atkenson took a very cautious, but well designed rehab approach for my recovery. He knew going into surgery that my goal was to be able to ski in Colorado over the New Year Holiday. After 3 days and a total of 15 hours of skiing, I knew the surgery was a success!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Atkenson, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Atkenson?