Dr. Robert Antoniou, MD

Pain Medicine | Male

8340 Woodhaven Blvd Glendale, NY 11385 Get Directions
Dr. Robert Antoniou, MD
Dr. Antoniou is a graduate of Duke University, where he played four years of soccer in the most competitive conference in the country. During this time, he worked closely with the team's physical therapist and doctors for treatment of injuries. He also volunteered at Duke Children's Hospital and the Brain Tumor Center at Duke where he was inspired to pursue a career in medicine. After Duke, Dr. Antoniou graduated from SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, NY. He completed his internship in Internal Medicine and completed his residency at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center, an affiliate of Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston, MA.

Dr. Antoniou's Care Philosophy

EMU Health treats individuals, not just "pain", and we do so with kindness, attentiveness and the utmost respect you deserve. We offer today's most advanced interventional pain treatments as well as highly specialized pain management. We are dedicated to helping our patients regain healthier, happier and more productive lives. We cater to patients suffering from pain related to a variety of medical conditions (i.e. accidental injuries, arthritis, back surgery pain, bone pain, cancer pain, low back pain, neck pain, neuroalgia, peripheral neuropathy, etc) We work collaboratively with the area physicians, specialists and other healthcare providers to ensure your care is coordinated on multiple levels. Any other conditions you have are always factored into your overall pain management plan. It is our goal to help our patients take their lives back through effective pain management. It is not just about the quality of care; it's about quality of life.

Dr. Antoniou's Experience

See how Dr. Antoniou's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Antoniou

Dr. Antoniou accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Antoniou is now accepting new patients
EMU Health8340 Woodhaven Blvd
Glendale, NY 11385
(718) 850-4368Get Directions

Dr. Antoniou's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Antoniou to family and friends
Dr. Antoniou's Performance
in East Northport, NY |
Dr Antoniou is an excellent Anesthesiologist who always has his patients well being in mind. I highly recommend him.
in Farmingdale, NY |
Dr. Antoniou's professionalism, empathy and focus on me, has made such a positive impact to my health and my ability to keep my pain in a controlled state. He took the time to do a full physical exam, reviewed my chart from my previous physician (new to NY) and even asked about my activities. He worked to further a treatment package that included massage, PT, medications and even acupuncture. Shame on NAPA to close the office without notice! Dr. A was not the person who made that poor call.
in NY |
I was introduced to Dr. Antoniou, by way of my treating physician, due to chronic pain relating to spinal stenosis. I will admit, prior to meeting him I was a bit apprehensive whether or not this would be just another visitor at another doctor. I was quite surprised and very impressed by his attentiveness to listen, examine and provide a consultation. He has a wonderful and caring personality. He was concerned about my concerns and that is important to me. He's a great doctor. He gets it!
in East Northport, NY |
I would recommend Dr. Antoniou to everyone. He is the best, most compassionate Dr. we have ever seen in his field. He has treated myself & my husband for a long time. You are a lucky patient to have him. He spends the time you need as a patient. Anyone in the Huntington area who was his patient & didn't get to say good-bye it was NOT Dr. Antoniou's fault. We wish you all the best in the future. We will miss you very much!!!
in Ny |
He's caring, compassionate, listens to me, explains options for my treatment plan, encourages me to make decisions & take part in my own care, guides my understanding of everything & has a great "bedside manner." I recommend him to anyone struggling with pain.
in Melville |
very competent
Hicksville, NY |
Dr. Antoniou is a wonderful physician. I have worked in a hospital setting for 20 years, so I am accustomed to working with doctors. Dr. Antoniou is extremely knowledgeable. He gives you a proper exam during consultation and follow up appointments. Today, doctors are rushed to meet quotas. Dr. Antoniou does not rush you out of the office. He takes the time needed to explain conditions and procedures to you. He takes time to answer any questions you may have. He is kind and aims to heal you
in Huntington, NY |
Dr. Antoniou is kind and compassionate. He really cares about making you better and targeting the cause of your pain. The staff is kind and helpful. Overall great experience and great outcome.
in Centerport, NY |
Dr Antoniou is a very kind and compassionate young doctor. I was a little nervous for my 1st appointment. We had recently relocated across the country and I had been going to my previous doctor for many years. I was worried that it would take a while for Dr Antoniou to understand my body and discomfort. I needn't have been concerned. Dr Antoniou treated me with great care and respect from the start. I feel that he truly listens to my words and help me live as pain free as I can. ??
in Commack, NY |
very, very good. he is very knowledgeable and appears very concerned about his patient.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Antoniou, MD?
Are you Dr. Antoniou?

Compare Dr. Antoniou

Dr. Antoniou says...

Dr. Antoniou is a graduate of Duke University, where he played four years of soccer in the most competitive conference in the country.  During this time, he worked closely with the team's physical therapist and doctors for treatment of injuries.  He also volunteered at Duke Children's Hospital and the Brain Tumor Center at Duke where he was inspired to pursue a career in medicine.

After Duke, Dr. Antoniou graduated from SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, NY.  He completed his internship in Internal Medicine and completed his residency at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center, an affiliate of Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston, MA.

Dr. Antoniou's Care Philosophy

EMU Health treats individuals, not just "pain", and we do so with kindness, attentiveness and the utmost respect you deserve.  We offer today's most advanced interventional pain treatments as well as highly specialized pain management.

We work collaboratively with the area physicians, specialists and other healthcare providers to ensure your care is coordinated on multiple levels.  Any other conditions you have are always factored into your overall pain management plan.

It is our goal to help our patients take their lives back through effective pain management.  It is not just about the quality of care; it's about quality of life.

Dr. Antoniou says...

Dr. Antoniou specializes in the treatment of low back and neck pain caused by degenerative disc disease, arthritis, spinal stenosis, herniated discs, sciatica, muscle spasms, tripper points and pain following pain surgery.  He also has expertise in treating cancer related pain, complex regional pain syndrome, neuropathic pain, atypical facial pain, pelvic pain, peripheral neuralgia, major join pain and headache.

Dr. Antoniou offers a  variety of treatment options to assist in eliminating pain that has not responded to previous therapies, including nerve blocks, epidurals and radiofrequency ablation.

Dr. Antoniou's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pain Medicine
  •  Board certified in Anesthesiology

Dr. Antoniou has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Antoniou's Board Certifications

Tufts Univ, St. Elizabeth's Med Ctr

Completed in 2015

Duke University

Graduated in 2003

Dr. Antoniou does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Antoniou and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pain Medicine