Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD

Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD

General Surgery  ·

Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD is a general surgery specialist in Fairfax, VA and has been practicing for 27 years. He specializes in general surgery and breast surgery.Read his story

Virginia Surgery Associates

3620 Joseph Siewick Dr Ste 406

Fairfax, VA 22033

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • Principal Financial Group

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check Dr. Ahmed's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Ahmed's Top Procedures and Conditions

Port Placements or Replacements

Dr. Ahmed performs Port Placements or Replacements more than 5% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Port Removal
Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic

Dr. Ahmed performs Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic more than 5% of his peers

Mastectomy

• Colon Surgery
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Crohn's Disease
  • Diaphragmatic and-or Hiatal Hernia
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Breast Tumor
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Abscess
  • Intestinal Obstruction
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Lipomas
  • Liver Cancer
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Mastectomy
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Port Placements or Replacements
  • Umbilical Hernia
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Varicose Veins
  • Ventral Hernia

For me, there is a special gratification that comes with being a surgeon. Being a surgeon requires clinical knowledge and technical skill. While I certainly take pride in that, I believe it's the emotional connection with patients that elevates surge...

• General Surgery

Dr. Ahmed's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD
Fantastic
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
Dr. Ahmed is a great surgeon with a professional (and friendly) bedside manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
I found Dr Ahmed to be excellent not only the surgery but also his ability to communicate with patients
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
GREAT surgeon, GREAT sense of humor, a doctor with whom it is VERY easy to speak and ask questions. If you need an organ removed (or, presumably, put in), I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Ahmed. When he removed my gall bladder, he even found a watch I lost years ago! The staff at Stone Springs Hospital from Outpatient Registration to Surgical Recovery are TOP NOTCH. It's REALLY reassuring to know that there is a wonderful hospital so close to home.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
My experience with Dr. Ahmed was very good. He was informative prior to the operation is explaining the procedure and all of the requirements needed for a full recovery. I would highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
Dr. Ahmed is an exceptional surgeon who truly listened, reached out to my daughter's other specialists and took extra precautionary steps to ensure her safety and well being. My daughter has had several surgeries from various surgeons but this was the first time I felt like she was in safe hands. I highly recommend Dr. Ahmed!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Ahmed by my primary physician for gallbladder surgery removal because I was in severe abdominal pain. With one look at me Dr. Ahmed said.... "we need to get your gallbladder out now!" He was very personable, knowledgeable and caring about the surgery that I had to have the very next day. I was extremely pleased with his manner, understanding and compassion of the situation and completely put me at ease with my upcoming surgery. He & his staff are THE VERY BEST in medicine!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
Dr. Ahmed was my surgeon for inguinal & umbilical hernia repairs, colon resection, & I was a breast cancer husband when he performed bilateral mastectomy for my wife. He is very considerate; he kept me fully informed & comfortable w/recommendations & procedures. He has a wonderful, caring, & humorous personality. He is clearly technically superior, & he provides the perfect balance of professional care and personal caring. I regularly & wholeheartedly recommend him to as many ppl. TY Dr A!! :)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Ahmed to repair two hernias. Following an initial examination, my surgery was scheduled. From my initial appointment through the surgery, I received excellent care. From the initial appointment through the follow-up, my experience was exactly as outlined by Dr. Ahmed. Were I to require a future surgery, I most certainly would seek care at Virginia Surgery Associates.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Ahmed for complex patients. Not only was my initial appointment informative and reassuring, Dr. Ahmed took steps to insure that I met with the anesthesiology team as well to insure the most complete, well rounded care during my surgery. I was incredibly impressed with his knowledge and capability to create a safe environment. Dr. Ahmed took care to leave as little scarring as possible when operating so I was left with only four small incisions. I am incredibly impressed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
He performed a hernia repair on me laparoscopically, and the surgery went very well with minimal pain and quick recovery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
After a suspicious mammogram, I was referred to Dr. Ahmed. His manner is professional, reassuring and personable. In the office and hospital he explained the recommended procedure, invited questions, and inspired confidence. His office team is accessible and supportive. If I ever have to go through this again, I will return to Dr. Ahmed!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
Two weeks ago today Dr. Ahmed performed a Robot XI assisted, Laparoscopic hernia repair, Inguinal (Right) with mesh on me. Today I feel great. In fact, I never had to take the Vicodin that was prescribed. After three days, I even stopped taking Advil. Because of that, I was able to drive three days after surgery. I resumed working out (much less weight) yesterday and even played a few holes of golf. Dr. Ahmed and his team (Mary and Dynese) prepared me for the surgery perfectly.
Fantastic experience!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
Had an inguinal herni repair and could not be happier with Dr. Ahmed, his staff and the quick scheduling of my surgery. I’ve had minimal pain and would highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
My surgery experience with Dr. Ahmed was outstanding. My surgery and recovery went very smoothly without complications or setbacks. In addition, Dr. Ahmed has a great bedside manner and is very patient. He always had a positive attitude, took the time to answer my questions, asked how I was doing, and explained my procedure in terms I could understand.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
Very congenial, easy to talk with, down to earth, inspires confidence. Absolutely no pain or discomfort following inguinal hernia repair.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
You will find no better surgeon than Dr. Ahmed. He is simply the best in all areas. Great surgeon. Great communicator. Great person. His staff is always outstanding. Smart, kind and competent. I have two Surgeries over the past three years...everything went perfectly in all ways. Cannot say enough great things about the doctor and the practice. John L
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
I went to the ER at 3 am on a Sunday with pretty serious pain. Dr. Ahmed operated on me later that morning. His analysis of the situation was accurate and he was able to resolve my issue. He correctly set me expectations: my recovery has proceeded as he predicted. When I had questions after my surgery, the nursing staff was phenomenal: helpful, patient and understanding. I was very impressed at my post-op checkup and how much time he spent answering questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
Spent over $100 for 10 minutes of his time. I could've just googled what he suggested.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Ahmed?

Insurance accepted

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Assurant Health
AvMed
Medicaid
Principal Financial Group

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Ahmed treats patients.

Inova Fairfax Hospital