Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD

General SurgeryMaleAge 60

Telehealth services available

New Patient

Current Patient

Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD is a General Surgery Specialist in Leesburg, VA and has over 34 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Georgetown University School Of Medicine medical school in 1987. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Inova Alexandria Hospital and Inova Fair Oaks Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Ahmed to book an appointment.

Inova Virginia Surgery Associates PC - Lansdowne

Our after hours patient concierge is open and ready to help you get started.
Inova Virginia Surgery Associates - Lansdowne44055 Riverside Pkwy Ste 242 Leesburg, VA 20176

Inova Virginia Surgery Associates - Fairfax

Our after hours patient concierge is open and ready to help you get started.
Inova Virginia Surgery Associates - Fairfax13135 Lee Jackson Memorial Hwy Ste 305 Fairfax, VA 22033

Inova Virginia Surgery Associates - Falls Church

Our after hours patient concierge is open and ready to help you get started.
Inova Virginia Surgery Associates - Falls Church3301 Woodburn Rd Ste 306 Annandale, VA 22003

Hospital Highlight

Affiliated with Inova Fairfax Hospital Falls Church, a highly rated and top awarded hospital for general surgery.

• Practices at Top Hospital Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award™ See hospitals

More General Surgery Specialists at Inova

Dr. Ahmed's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ahmed

Dr. Ahmed?
  • Office environment (70)
  • Staff friendliness (69)
  • Appointment scheduling (67)
  • Appointment was rushed (6)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (6)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (6)
Met Dr. Ahmed in 2015 when I was in very serious condition from an intestinal bleed out! He told me that he had cleared his schedule for me and explained what needed to be done and my options. He did an exemplary on that surgery and has performed three more surgeries for other problems through 2019. Have always found him and his staff to be patient,friendly, and extremely competent.
WCM – Mar 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
I just had surgery with Dr Ahmed. He is simply fantastic and his follow up was amazing. Great staff and his nurses outstanding. He went out of his way to help me in every way possible.
Philip Klein – Feb 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
I just had a hernia repair surgery with Dr. Ahmed...he is a great surgeon, made me feel very at ease as I was concerned about going under General Anesthesia when I was at the hospital...his office staff is amazing, front office/back office and nurses are amazing, it is very comforting to have someone get back to you the same day to answer any of your questions. I truly highly recommend for any one requiring surgery, his beside manners are truly the best, he listens to all of your concerns and addresses them to where you can understand. I have underlying medical conditions and was assured all would go well...feel great after 2 weeks post op...you need to go see him for your surgical requirements, he is the best, I can see why he was voted TOP Doctor in Washington Magazine! Believe me, I checked everyone on the internet , and Dr. Ahmed always came out on top! I will recommend Dr. Ahmed to anyone that requires surgery!! Thank you Dr. Ahmed and staff, truly amazing!!
Barbara Macris – Feb 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
Dr. Ahmed performed my complex and successful surgery over 20 years ago, so when I recently needed surgery, he was my first choice as surgeon. The surgery again was very successful. Dr. Ahmed is a very experienced and excellent surgeon and a kind, caring person. His surgical team and nursing staff are top-notch. Would highly recommend.
Jan 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
Dr Ahmed performed surgery to remove my mother's gallbladder and it was a really great experience. If you are looking for an amazing surgeon in the metro DC area, he is your guy. After our first consultation, we just knew he was the right person to complete this procedure with. My mother's english is not the best but he was immensely respectful and patient with us. He answered all her questions no matter how silly some of them were. He truly made her feel comfortable and confident in his abilities and in what to expect as part of the procedure. We had consulted with a few other surgeons prior to Dr Ahmed and had always felt either rushed or like they weren't interested in listening. Dr Ahmed spent a lot of time with us and we are so grateful. Thank you for your kindness!
C.Baya – Aug 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
I was impressed by Dr. Ahmed's personable but professional nature, and great sense of humor. In June 2020 he repaired my umbilical hernia, and did a laparoscopic repair of my inguinal hernia. I didn't experience any post-surgery pain. Every aspect of my experience was outstanding, from Dr. Ahmed and his office staff, to the staff, nurses and anesthesiologist at the Stone Springs Hospital. I am very thankful for the level of care I received, and highly recommend Dr. Ahmed and the Stone Springs Hospital.
John Lambert – Jul 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
Dr. Ahmed is a top-notch physician and I am very pleased with the surgery and my outcome. He has a great sense of humor and made me feel at ease throughout the entire process. His staff is helpful and attentive. I would recommend Dr. Ahmed to anyone!
Jun 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
Dr. Ahmed and his staff are terrific. Mary is so efficient and responsive. Thanks for a great experience.
Althea – Jun 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
I was in a great deal of sudden pain, and my own physician’s office, because of Coronavirus, offered me only a video conference call six days later. They were zero help. My daughter then called her doctor who recommended Virginia SurgeryAssociates, and I had an office appointment with Dr. Ahmed only three hours later. Everyone in that office was efficient, professional, and kind. Dr. Ahmed made a correct diagnosis of diverticulitis, and his staff immediately arranged stat bloodwork and a CT scan for me, and went out of their way to make sure I had the right directions to the nearest hospital. They were there for me in the days after diagnosis, even though I did not need surgery. I especially appreciate that Dr. Ahmed told me exactly what to do and where to go if things got worse, and assured me that I should call at any hour if I needed them. Everyone at VSA not only cared for me, but made me feel that they cared about me as a person.I cannot recommend Dr. Ahmed and VSA highly enough.
A. Suziedelis – Apr 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
I found Dr. Ahmed and his staff to be professional and responsive. My general practitioner had two hernias repaired by Dr. Ahmed and referred me to him. The surgery appears to have gone well though a month out and I still have some discomfort. I called the nurse at the practice who provided advice, letting me know it take more time to heal. I would recommend Dr. Ahmed to others.
Michael McPoland – Apr 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
I selected Dr. Robert Ahmed based on an Internet search for a hernia consult. I found him very professional but personable with a great sense of humor. He took the time to make sure that all my questions were answered. He performed a laparoscopic robotic repair which by all accounts was a complete success. I recommend him as a surgeon for hernia issues and would not hesitate to use him again should the situation warrant.
Richard Weber – Jan 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
Dr Ahmed thoroughly explained my condition, treatment options and didn't push surgery on me (although that was what I ultimately decided made the most sense). He made me feel very comfortable in the decision making process and went over the surgical procedure and recovery until I was satisfied that I knew what was going to happen. Everything went according to plan and my recovery was spectacular! I had been misdiagnosed for two years by other doctors and ERs and I'm now so relieved I won't have these pains ever again!
Marko Gri in Sterling, VA – Jun 25, 2019
Fantastic
William Landrum in VA, VA – Jun 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
Dr. Ahmed is a great surgeon with a professional (and friendly) bedside manner.
VA – Jun 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
I found Dr Ahmed to be excellent not only the surgery but also his ability to communicate with patients
K Mikula in Oakton – Apr 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
GREAT surgeon, GREAT sense of humor, a doctor with whom it is VERY easy to speak and ask questions. If you need an organ removed (or, presumably, put in), I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Ahmed. When he removed my gall bladder, he even found a watch I lost years ago! The staff at Stone Springs Hospital from Outpatient Registration to Surgical Recovery are TOP NOTCH. It's REALLY reassuring to know that there is a wonderful hospital so close to home.
Mike Piacente in South Riding, VA – Mar 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
My experience with Dr. Ahmed was very good. He was informative prior to the operation is explaining the procedure and all of the requirements needed for a full recovery. I would highly recommend him.
Tim Jeffrey in Sterling, VA – Mar 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
Dr. Ahmed is an exceptional surgeon who truly listened, reached out to my daughter's other specialists and took extra precautionary steps to ensure her safety and well being. My daughter has had several surgeries from various surgeons but this was the first time I felt like she was in safe hands. I highly recommend Dr. Ahmed!
Jan 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Ahmed by my primary physician for gallbladder surgery removal because I was in severe abdominal pain. With one look at me Dr. Ahmed said.... "we need to get your gallbladder out now!" He was very personable, knowledgeable and caring about the surgery that I had to have the very next day. I was extremely pleased with his manner, understanding and compassion of the situation and completely put me at ease with my upcoming surgery. He & his staff are THE VERY BEST in medicine!!
K. Beck in Leesburg, VA – Jan 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
Dr. Ahmed was my surgeon for inguinal & umbilical hernia repairs, colon resection, & I was a breast cancer husband when he performed bilateral mastectomy for my wife. He is very considerate; he kept me fully informed & comfortable w/recommendations & procedures. He has a wonderful, caring, & humorous personality. He is clearly technically superior, & he provides the perfect balance of professional care and personal caring. I regularly & wholeheartedly recommend him to as many ppl. TY Dr A!! :)
A John Gironda III in Fairfax Station – Jan 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ahmed?

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check Dr. Ahmed's experience treating your condition or procedure

Hernia Repair

Dr. Ahmed performs Hernia Repair more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Ahmed performs this procedure more than 97% of his peers

Incision and Removal of Foreign Object

Dr. Ahmed performs Incision and Removal of Foreign Object more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Ahmed performs this procedure more than 97% of his peers

• Carcinoma in Situ
  • Cholecystitis and Gallstones
  • Cholelithiasis
  • Colectomy
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Colon Cancer
  • Colon Surgery
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Constipation
  • Crohn's Disease
  • Cyst Incision and Drainage
  • Diaphragmatic and-or Hiatal Hernia
  • Ductal Carcinoma in Situ
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophagectomy (Esophagogastrostomy, Esophagojejunostomy)
  • Excision of Breast Tumor
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Abscess
  • Intestinal Obstruction
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Disease
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Pelvic Abscess
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis
  • Vulvar Cancer
  • Wound Repair

Dr. Ahmed accepts

(703) 278-2091

Dr. Ahmed accepts the following insurance:

Select
HealthyBlue Advantage
Medicaid
Special Needs Plan SNP
Principal Financial Group

For me, there is a special gratification that comes with being a surgeon. Being a surgeon requires clinical knowledge and technical skill. While I certainly...Read more

• General Surgery