Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD

Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD

General Surgery  ·

Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD is a general surgery specialist in Fairfax, VA and has been practicing for 26 years. He specializes in general surgery, surgery, and more.Read his story

Virginia Surgery Associates

3620 Joseph Siewick Dr Ste 406

Fairfax, VA 22033

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Ahmed

See how frequently Dr. Ahmed performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Mastectomy
Intestinal Obstruction
Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision

Dr. Ahmed's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Ahmed's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Ahmed "Dr. Robert Ahmed is a board certified General Surgeon with specialized interests in advanced laparoscopic and robotic surgeries, breast disease and comprehensive hernia repairs. He attended Georgetown School of Medicine and completed his residency at Georgetown University Hospital."

This content was provided by Dr. Ahmed "For me, there is a special gratification that comes with being a surgeon. Being a surgeon requires clinical knowledge and technical skill. While I certainly take pride in that, I believe it's the emotional connection with patients that elevates surgery from a science to an art. I am well aware that surgery is among the most stressful experiences of a patient's life. In my practice, I seek to address both the physical and emotional well-being of my patients and strive to provide a compassionate and caring environment for their surgical care. Just as I stay up-to-date on the latest surgical innovations such as minimally invasive techniques and improved pain control, I also seek to develop personally. Living overseas as the child of a U.S. Foreign Service Officer has left me with an insatiable appetite for travel and I continue to see as much of the world as I can. Above all, I value the time I spend with my family; my wife Liz, and our three children Matt, Nick and Chris."

• General Surgery
  • Breast Surgery
  • Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Georgetown University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1987
  • Georgetown University Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1988
  • Georgetown University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Ahmed has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ahmed does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ahmed and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ahmed's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ahmed

4.5

10.204081632653061%

Dr. Ahmed?
Dr. Ahmed's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD
RecentHighestLowest
Two weeks ago today Dr. Ahmed performed a Robot XI assisted, Laparoscopic hernia repair, Inguinal (Right) with mesh on me. Today I feel great. In fact, I never had to take the Vicodin that was prescribed. After three days, I even stopped taking Advil. Because of that, I was able to drive three...Read More
Great Falls, VA – Sep 14, 2018
Fantastic experience!
Brittany – Aug 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
Had an inguinal herni repair and could not be happier with Dr. Ahmed, his staff and the quick scheduling of my surgery. I’ve had minimal pain and would highly recommend him.
Eric in Vienna, VA – Aug 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
My surgery experience with Dr. Ahmed was outstanding. My surgery and recovery went very smoothly without complications or setbacks. In addition, Dr. Ahmed has a great bedside manner and is very patient. He always had a positive attitude, took the time to answer my questions, asked how I was...Read More
Ian – Aug 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ahmed, MD?
Very congenial, easy to talk with, down to earth, inspires confidence. Absolutely no pain or discomfort following inguinal hernia repair.
Ron – Aug 11, 2018
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Ahmed?

Compare General Surgeons