Dr. Rob F. Schuster, MD

Dr. Rob F. Schuster, MD

General Surgery | Male

Physician Group of Arizona 10238 E Hampton Ave Ste 301B, Mesa, AZ 85209 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Personal Bio

Abdominal Surgeons LTD at St. Luke's Medical Center Certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American College of...Read more

Dr. Schuster's Experience

See how Dr. Schuster's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Schuster

Dr. Schuster accepts 33 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Schuster has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Schuster's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schuster to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Schuster
Dr. Schuster's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (23)
in Phoenix, AZ |
Meeting him in the ER and being told I need my appendix out immediately was kind of hard and scary to hear, but his bed side manner was out of this world and he is the sweetest and most compassionate Dr I have met in years, and I have had many surgeries and egotistical drs, so to finally have a,Dr who has bed side manner, who takes his time to listen you your concerns and needs is amazing. I feel lucky to have had him perform my surgery and now I am back for another abdominal surgery at his hand
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr Schuster is far and away one of the best doctors I have ever met and nothing I can say really does justice to the man, he is present during your appointment, he is a highly intelligent, compassionate and caring person ,and a truly outstanding doctor. I count myself truly lucky to have found him. He is non judgemental and very easy to talk to. If your considering weight loss surgery I highly recommend Dr Schuster and will go back to him for any future procedures.
in Tempe, AZ |
Dr. Schuster is a wonderful surgeon. His concern for my situation was genuine and heartfelt, and he has the ability to make me feel as though I am his only patient while in his care.
in Phoenix, Az |
I've met with 2 surgeon's 1st @ wiaz, the other @ true results, and they BOTH spent about 2 mins with me and didnt even make eye contact. I almost had my lapband surgery with true results until i met Dr Rob Schuster who by the way sat with me for about 40 mins. He asked me alot of questions, he wanted to know my concerns and questions. At that moment i decited i wanted this Dr to operate on me. I cancelled with true results. My surgery went very well he checked on me while i was recovering.
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr. Schuster is the best MD I have seen. He listens to your concerns and explains everything so you know what to expect. Great bedside manner and sense of humor. I highly recommend him to anyone!!
in Mesa, AZ |
I met Dr. Schuster through the ER at Mountain Vista Medical Center. I needed emergency surgery shortly after arriving at the ER. Dr. Schuster was very clear & considerate in explaining everything that was happening & why I needed surgery right away. He checked on me everyday in the hospital but went above & beyond just checking in to see how I was doing in my recovery. He spend time with me going over every question & concern I had and was very communicative with my other doctors. A+ doc!
Apache Junction, AZ |
After having to deal with the anxiety of a breast cancer diagnosis, Dr. Schuster was very straightforward and honest with what I would be dealing with. He spent time talking me through my questions and putting me at ease with his honesty.
in Mesa, AZ |
I followed Dr. Schuster from one medical office to another to ensure he was my surgeon. He is personally a really nice guy and has a great bedside manner (not common among surgeons!). He is thorough, supportive, explains things well, and actually listens. The surgery process is GREAT. It's very well laid out, makes sense, and the patient advocates help you through every step/question/concern. I can't imagine trusting my care to anyone else. Would give more than 5 stars if possible!
in Queen Creek, AZ |
Dr. Schuster makes sure you understand everything that is involved in your decision for weight loss surgery. I had an extensive amount of tests ran before surgery. However, when Dr. Schuster went to do gastric bypass, he discovered I had Congenital Intestinal Malrotation. My organs were all backwards. I'm sure that wasn't fun to find. He ended up doing the gastric sleeve and took my appendix as a precaution. He probably saved my life twice that day, I would highly recommend Dr. Schuster.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Got me in for an appointment the same day and was able to perform the necessary surgery a week later. Great bedside manner and sense of humor.
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr Schuster did my gastric bypass in August of 2013 and everything went well until a year ago. The Barriatic Center he was at did nothing to help me as I was Schuster's patient. In January 2016 my insurance changed and I was able to see him and he immediately took care of me. Dr Schuster is my life saver not once but twice. Thank you for caring about your patients no matter where you are at. I would highly recommend Dr Schuster.
in Avondale, AZ |
Dr. Schuster performed gastric sleeve surgery on me on 11/11/15. Everything went very smoothly and I have had no complications. He worked with me because my insurance didn't cover the surgery. I had a great experience with him and his office.
in Tempe at |
I was just there yesterday and had a surgery done for disimpaction. Dr schuster is the BEST doctor I have ever had. I recommend him to anyone. He is very caring and sympathetic. He basically saved my life. He listens to me and makes me comfortable. I love him and what he does ! Thanks doc I appreciate you very much !
in Maricopa, AZ |
I totally enjoyed being treated by Dr Schuster. He always listened to me and I felt totally comfortable with him. I would recommend him to anyone and I will see him again in the future when the need arises
Have you seen Dr. Rob F. Schuster, MD?
Are you Dr. Schuster?

Compare Dr. Schuster

General Surgery
Mesa, AZ 85209

Narrow your results

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

• General Surgery

• Breast Cancer
  • Breast Lump
  • Carcinoma in Situ
  • Cholecystitis and Gallstones
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Hidradenitis
  • Hyperparathyroidism
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Incisional Hernia
  • Varicose Veins
  • Ventral Hernia

• Adrenalectomy
  • Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
  • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Biopsy of Breast
  • Breast Reconstruction
  • Colectomy
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Hepatectomy
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Revision Gastric Restrictive Procedure
  • Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Transendoscopic Stent Placement
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Dr. Schuster has received 1 sanction

More What is a sanction or disciplinary action
    • Unprofessional Conduct  (8/6/2015)
    • Action Taken: Reprimand
    • Summary: Please reference the following Document
    • Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    • State: Arizona

Stanford Hospitals and Clinics

Completed in 2006

University of Arizona

Graduated in 1996

Dr. Schuster has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Schuster has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schuster does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schuster and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Schuster's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in General Surgery
  • Board certified in General Surgery
  • Malpractice claims in Arizona not available
  • Sanctions found

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Schuster

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Schuster's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Schuster

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Schuster says...

Abdominal Surgeons LTD at St. Luke's Medical Center

Certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American College of Surgeons, Rob F. Schuster, MD, FACS, is a bariatric and general surgeon for the Bridges Center for Surgical Weight Management. Dr. Schuster has been a Center of Excellence surgeon since 2006 at Stanford University, where he trained as a bariatric surgeon.

Since arriving in the Valley in 2006, Dr. Schuster has been consistently recognized as a Top Doc in Phoenix Magazine and was a former Chief of Surgery and Chief of Staff at his previous hospitals. He specializes in general and bariatric surgery including Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy, duodenal switch, adjustable gastric band, complex endoscopy, bariatric revisions and a wide breadth of general surgery.