Dr. Rob O'Bert, MD

Dr. O'Bert
Telehealth services available

BJC Medical Group

3009 N Ballas Rd Ste 351c Saint Louis, MO 63131

Dr. Rob O'Bert, MD is an otolaryngology (ear, nose & throat) specialist in Saint Louis, MO and has been practicing for 11 years. He graduated from University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine in 2004 and specializes in ear, nose, and throat and pediatric otolaryngology (ear, nose & throat).

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Otolaryngologists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Dr. O'Bert accepts

Dr. O'Bert accepts the following insurance:

American Enterprise Group
Health Alliance PPO
HealthLink
HealthLink PPO
Homestate Health Plan
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Molina Healthcare
Molina
Pekin Insurance
Principal Life
Thrivent Financial
Wells Fargo Insurance

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Missouri

Upper Respiratory Conditions

Upper respiratory specialists diagnose and treat conditions such as infections, sinusitis, allergic rhinitis, and whooping cough (pertussis) that affect the upper part of the respiratory system, including the nasal passages, larynx, and lungs.

Typically treats 80% more than their peers

Acute Sinusitis

Dr. O'Bert treats Acute Sinusitis more than 84% of their peers

Dr. O'Bert treats this condition more than 84% of their peers

Endocrine Surgery

Endocrine surgeons treat conditions affecting the adrenal glands, pancreas, parathyroid and thyroid through procedures including tumor removal, organ resection or removal, and the Whipple procedure.

Based on claims data for 4 conditions and procedures

Thyroidectomy

Dr. O'Bert performs Thyroidectomy more than 87% of their peers

Dr. O'Bert performs this procedure more than 87% of their peers

Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy
high

Dr. O'Bert performs Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy more than 84% of their peers

Dr. O'Bert performs this procedure more than 84% of their peers

Thyroid Lobectomy

Dr. O'Bert performs Thyroid Lobectomy more than 45% of their peers

Dr. O'Bert performs this procedure more than 45% of their peers

Ear, Nose, and Throat Surgery

Ear, nose and throat care surgeons treat conditions affecting those areas through procedures such as tonsilectomy, adenoidectomy, myringotomy (ear tubes), and sinus surgery.

Based on claims data for 12 conditions and procedures

Intranasal or Sinus Procedure

Dr. O'Bert performs Intranasal or Sinus Procedure more than 99% of their peers

Dr. O'Bert performs this procedure more than 99% of their peers

Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)

Dr. O'Bert performs Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery) more than 99% of their peers

Dr. O'Bert performs this procedure more than 99% of their peers

Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)

Dr. O'Bert performs Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery) more than 97% of their peers

Dr. O'Bert performs this procedure more than 97% of their peers

Sleep-disordered Breathing

Sleep-disordered breathing specialists diagnose and treat conditions, such as snoring or obstructive sleep apnea, in which breathing is interrupted during sleep, resulting in symptoms of fatigue, irritability and high blood pressure.

Based on claims data for 1 condition or procedure

• Acute Sinusitis
  • Acute Tonsillitis
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Allergic Rhinitis
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Bell's Palsy
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Glossectomy
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hyperparathyroidism
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Malignant Tumor of the Head and-or Neck
  • Meniere's Disease
  • Nasal Obstruction
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nosebleed
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Disease
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Perforated Eardrum
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Perilymph Fistula (PLF)
  • Peritonsillar Abscess
  • Sinusitis
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma
  • Sore Throat
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Swimmer's Ear
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Throat Pain
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp
  • Wound Repair

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Rob O'Bert, MD...

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer weekend visits?

Offer evening visits?

Communicate via email?

Have free onsite parking?

Dr. O'Bert's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. O'Bert

Dr. O'Bert?
Dr. O'Bert's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Rob O'Bert, MD
I would highly recommend Dr. O'Bert to anyone needing an ENT physician. I found scheduling appointments to be simple and he was always punctual. Dr. O’Bert explained everything my condition thoroughly & in terms that were easily understandable. He provided all options available to treat my chronic sinus problems and, once surgery was selected, he reviewed the details again with me and my girlfriend to set everyone’s expectations about the surgery and recovery process. Not only was Dr. O’Bert incredibly accommodating and helpful but his office staff was top notch. When my insurance was slow to approve the procedures, Shelly and the other staff worked directly with them to resolve the issues to the extent possible. Ultimately, even after the team’s involvement, my insurance required Dr. O’Bert to speak with one of their representatives to resolve their concerns (something that he did at 6:30 pm the night prior to the surgery). Honestly, I could not recommend Dr. O’Bert and his sta
DV – Feb 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rob O'Bert, MD?
I have had two surgeries with Dr. O'Bert for my thyroid. He and his staff have all been wonderful and have worked hard to get to the bottom of my issues and resolve them quickly. I appreciate his caring nature and the time he took with me during appointments as well as on follow-up phone calls. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing ENT surgery and treatment.
Andrea Brown – Feb 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rob O'Bert, MD?
Dr. Rob O'bert MD was absolutely fantastic. He was very thorough, kind and understanding. He explained my options and got a treatment plan organized which effectively treated my chronic sinus problems I've had for many years. I would very highly recommend him to anyone needing an excellent ENT. Appointments ran on-time and the staff was superb and very caring. I also work in the medical field so my expectations are even higher. Dr. O'bert was excellent in every aspect of my care plan. He came very highly recommended from a physician I work with. I never thought I could be well again and it is very comforting to feel so much better again after years of misery and two prior sinus surgeries with a different ENT. Thank you so much Dr. O'bert. If I could rate you higher, I would. Do not hesitate to entrust him and his staff to care for you.
Amazing! Excellent ENT! Much gratitude! – Jan 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rob O'Bert, MD?
Terrible experience! Ordered several tests over several months, not able to offer any medical input! More of an 'NT than a ENT, after ordering a very expensive battery of test very expensive tests, CT, MRI, and Audiology Testing over the span of months, all he's able to say is he recommends a otologist!? I thought we were seeing an EAR nose and throat doctor, but It seems like we were just made to pay for enough test to satisfy his ego that he would be able to diagnose a condition that obviously seems beyond his capability. Completely disappointed, i guess he may be fine if you need Amoxicillin for an ear ache, but if you need real medial input look elsewhere!
NeedEarDoctor – Jan 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rob O'Bert, MD?
I had been going to a different doctor in the same immediate area who was entirely unresponsive. I'd been having trouble breathing through my nose and had frequent nosebleeds and nasal infections. After about a years worth of trips to that doctor I switched to Dr. O'bert. The first visit he checked on the problem and almost immediately said "You have a deviated septum." I would have thought the other doctor would have been able to diagnose that as well. Dr. O'bert did the septoplasty as well as revising a large scar on my neck that was improperly completed by the other doctor. I no longer get infections on that scar, nor do I have to look for volunteers to pull hairs out of any of the glaring irregularities that were left prior to O'berts revision.
MGKimmel – Oct 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rob O'Bert, MD?
Excellent bedside manner; Dr. O’Bert explains thoroughly, and listens to my questions and concerns. His staff provides very thorough follow-up, and it has been a pleasure communicating with them.
Oct 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rob O'Bert, MD?
I had a deviated septum operation performed on July 17th 2019 by Dr O'Bert. He was very professional, confident, and thorough. He has a good bed side manner and the most important thing is I can now breathe fully without drugs or holding my nose open to get air. I would definitely recommend him.
Helene Spetner – Sep 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rob O'Bert, MD?
Dr. O'Bert was able repair several complications with sinus scar tissue and a deviated septum. He has amazing bedside manner, is very informative and transparent and honest. Dr, O'Bert's surgical skills are also second to none! After all the work I had completed in one day I was hardly sore and had zero bruising and a rapid recovery. IN addition his staff is wonderful and helpful.
Todd – Aug 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rob O'Bert, MD?
Dr. O'Bert has a wonderful bedside manner. He has shown great interest and care for myself and my family. Our kids also love Dr. O'Bert! I'm so happy to have finally found an ENT in St. Louis that we love!
Louis – Aug 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rob O'Bert, MD?
I would give more stars if google allowed it! I actually ended up finding Dr O'Bert from my insurance company (Humana) and surprisingly he was in-network. I have had sinus issues, migraines, congestion and sever allergies all my life. I went in for a consultation and told him what was going on. Not only was I early to my first appointment, they brought me back and I saw Dr O'Bert before my appointment time! Very clean office as well. He recommended I get a CT scan so we can figure out a game plan. I was able to do that at the hospital immediately after my appointment and they called back the next day with my results. I had him perform a septum sinuplasty and clear out my sinuses. The whole process was very tolerable and after I had the splints removed and cleaned out my life is changed!!! I can breathe while I sleep now, my quality of life has gone up to the level of priceless by not having to suffer with poor breathing through my nose now. He is a very nice caring doctor.
Dan W – Jul 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rob O'Bert, MD?
Dr. O'bert was thorough and helpful from my very first visit. He didn't recommend surgery right away, but rather requested scans and talked through options with me. He was patient and understanding while I took my time to arrive at the surgery decision, and he did a fabulous job on the sinus surgery itself. I feel like a new person! Dr. O'Bert was fantastic in every way, as was each person in his office that I dealt with over the phone and during each office visit. Can't say enough wonderful things!
Lauren F. – Jun 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rob O'Bert, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. O'Bert to anyone needing an ENT physician. He explained everything thoroughly & was compassionate. He did an excellent job in regards to the surgery I received from him. His office staff was professional & caring as well.
Apr 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rob O'Bert, MD?
I couldn’t be happier with my experience. Dr. O’Bert, his staff and the OR team at Missouri Baptist Medical Center provided exceptional care with a great outcome. I never waited for my appointments or my surgery, for that matter. These professionals are doing it right. I highly recommend this team for your ENT needs.
Mar 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rob O'Bert, MD?
If you are worn out from no sleep, continuously fighting sinus infections and becoming increasingly depressed; make an appointment to see Dr. O’Bert and meet him along with his professional staff! Five weeks ago Dr. O’Bert did my sinus surgery including a septoplasty and turbinate reduction. My breathing is so improved and I am excited to start living a healthy life!
Mar 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rob O'Bert, MD?
Dr. O’Bert was very clear about what the problem was with my sinuses and described the procedure very clearly. The day of surgery he reviewed the procedure with me and my wife to set everyone’s expectations about the recovery process. I am extremely pleased with the results!
Mar 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rob O'Bert, MD?
I'd been to three other doctors who couldn't seem to get to the root of my breathing issues which continued to get worse and worse. Dr. O'Bert quickly identified my restricted airway and was able to preform a balloon dilation to resolve the issue quickly and relatively painlessly. I cannot express how thankful I am for having my issues finally resolved.
Alton, IL – Feb 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rob O'Bert, MD?
Saw Dr. O Bert for increasingly frequent and severe sinus infections. After patiently and fully answering my questions, he did Septoplasty. Almost 6 mos. post-op, I haven't any sinus infections. I would recommend him to family and friends without reservation. Also, he has a wonderful office staff. jj
Janet Jackson in MO – Feb 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rob O'Bert, MD?
Dr. O'bert did a great job with my surgery. His office was also very helpful with my questions following my discharge. I would highly recommend Dr. O'bert and his staff!
Sara Ransick in MO – Feb 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rob O'Bert, MD?
I found Dr O'Bert on Healthgrades when I was looking for a good ENT. I am the type that does a lot of research. He had an excellent rating, and as I found out, for good reason. I had sinus surgery to straighten a deviated septum and expand my nasal passage by turbinate reduction and polyp removal. The surgery went extremely well. Aside from the surgery, the pre and post op visits were fabulous. Dr O'Bert and his staff were all courteous, swift, and professional. I could not be happier.My Age=57
Jon in Manchester, MO – Jan 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rob O'Bert, MD?
Dr. O’Bert and Dr. Shabaz are outstanding health care professionals in their specialized field. They explain thoroughly and completely every aspect of the options available in helping to determine what is the best treatment for your specific medical issue and the avenues that will be taken to achieve the ultimate results. I would strongly recommend Dr. O’Bert and his group to anyone looking for an exceptional specialist who I consider to be the best.
Kevin in St. Louis, MO – Jan 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rob O'Bert, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. O'Bert?

I am interested in providing the most thorough and up to date care available. I am especially happy to treat those who have been told nothing was available to help them in the past by other physicians.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)

2009