Dr. Rob O'Bert, MD

Dr. Rob O'Bert, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat | Male

Ballas ENT Consultants 3009 N Ballas Rd Ste 351C, Saint Louis, MO 63131 Get Directions

I am interested in providing the most thorough and up to date care available. I am especially happy to treat those who have been told nothing was available to help them in the past by other physicians.Read more

Dr. O'Bert's Experience

See how Dr. O'Bert's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. O'Bert

Dr. O'Bert accepts 22 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. O'Bert has admitting privileges.

Dr. O'Bert's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. O'Bert to family and friends
Dr. O'Bert's Performance
Chesterfield, MO |
My experience with Dr. O'Bert was excellent in every respect. I had switched from another doctor to Dr. O'Bert because my previous doctor was either very late or a no-show himself for appointments. In contrast, Dr. O'Bert was on time, friendly and conversational, but still to the point and efficient. I had a deformed septum surgically corrected and other minor bone work to open my sinuses. He did this at Missouri Baptist Hosp and my experience there was equally positive. I recommend Dr. O'Bert.
in Ballwin, MO |
Dr. O'Bert has wonderful bedside manner. I always felt I was in good hands. Surgery was a great success! I couldn't be happier! Wonderful ENT!
in Sunset Hills, MO |
We love Dr. O'Bert! He just performed a complex surgery on me and I couldn't be more satisfied. Thank you so much for doing an excellent job! The followup care was great too. After 2 wks I am fully recoverd and back to work.I would highly recommend this physician to family and friends.
in High Ridge, MO |
Dr. O'Bert is very caring doctor and I always enjoy going to see him. I wish he could be my primary care doctor. I would highly recommend Dr. O'Bert to everyone for their ENT needs. Bob Williams
Ballwin, MO |
I love Dr. O'Bert! Always on time and spends enough time answering my questions. He has successfully fixed my ENT problems as well! He is also wonderful with kids. My children adore Dr. O'Bert! I highly recommend this ENT!
St Louis, MO |
Terrible doctor-shouldn't have a license-negligently treated his patient -now has Stage 3 oral cancer-please get a second opinion if you see this Dr.
in St Louis, MO |
After a lifetime of suffering with chronic sinusitis and five surgeries I found lasting relief through Dr. O'bert. For the first time can remember, I have gone more than a year without a sinus infection thanks to my last procedure by Dr. O'bert. My wife says he is the nicest doctor she has encountered in a post operation update while I was in recovery. Dr. O'bert is competent, kind, and empathetic. Same for the staff.
in St Louis, MO |
Dr. O'Bert performed a total thyroidectomy on me in Feb. He used the latest surgical technology to insure there would be no laryngeal nerve damage. Surgery was a complete success with only Tylenol needed for discomfort post-op. He and his office staff, specifically Nicole, his nurse, were very good about communicating instructions and test results in a timely manner.
in Fenton, MO |
I highly recommend Dr. O'Bert to anyone that is suffering from chronic sinus issues. On my very first visit Dr. O'Bert diagnosed my sinus issue, the cause and the surgery to remedy the problem that I have been plauged with for over 10 years. Now that the surgery and my one week recovery period are over, I can now breath freely without effort.
in Belleville, IL |
Dr. O'Bert is an excellent doctor and helped me to breathe more freely again. I commend him and his entire staff. They are very friendly and helpful to patients. I highly recommend Dr. O'Bert.
Ballwin, MO |
We have had 3 family members get procedures from Dr. O'Bert and he was fabulous! We were seen on time for all of the appointments and the procedures were on time as well. Dr. O'Bert is an expert in his field and efficient in his practice.
in St Louis, MO |
I went to Dr. O'Bert to correct a deviated septum and inflamed inferior turbinates. From the start, the entire staff were very professional, knowledgeable and kind. Dr. O'Bert explained the procedure clearly and answered all of my questions, which put my mind at ease. After the surgery, I was finally able to breathe through my nose, (something I have struggled with for years), and had no issues during the recovery process. I am very satisfied with the results and have recommended him.
St Louis, MO |
Horrible office. Terribly run. Dr. Obert falsified documentation, which was put on my end of visit summary. The office clearly wants to take advantage of patients. Definitely not a through office and I would never want them to touch me again. The office always promised to call, but would never actually call.
in Chesterfiel, MO |
Being a senior citizen and additionally having served in the military as a Medic, I recognize good professional medical service and attention from a trustworthy provider. Dr. O'Bert and the entire staff at Ballas ENT Consultants demonstrated what good health care is and should be! From the front desk and all of the way through my medical process, all was completed perfectly! Thank you so much for your courtesy, respect, and thoroughness! Thanks to all!!
in St Louis, MO |
Dr. O'Bert is awesome! I went to him for a blocked sinus and was very pleased with my care. He performed two surgeries on my sinuses which has enabled me to breath more freely. I trust him so much that I referred my sister to him. She is very happy with his care also. Dr. O'Bert listens to his patients, explains procedures very well and as a bonus he has a great sense of humor. I would recommend Dr. O'Bert to everyone.
St Louis, MO |
overall great doctor, very quick and concise information, not a long wait time at all. Front staff could be a little more helpful though but not horrible
in St Louis, MO |
Dr. O'Bert approaches his practice with an amazing combination of confidence, humor, and compassion. I was very pleased with my septoplasty, and have absolute confidence in his skill, judgement, and honesty. The entire staff was fantastic to work with, and I recommend Dr. O'bert with complete confidence.
in St. Louis |
Dr. O'Bert is an excellent doctor. He is competent, relatable, kind, and attentive. He has helped me tremendously with my sinus issues, for which I am thankful. I am very content with his care and would highly recommend him to anyone.
in Wentzville, MO |
He was very courteous and professional and put me at ease before and after my surgery. I would recommend him highly to family and friends.
O Fallon, MO |
Dr. O'Bert is an excellent surgeon and doctor. He is very involved at all times ... office visits, pre and post surgery and he does a great job of explaining all medical procedures. He has an excellent bedside manner and truly cares about his patients well being. He has operated on two of my teenage children and dramatically helped improve their medical conditions. We would highly recommend him!
in Festus, Mo |
Dr. O'Bert explained my upcoming procedure in terms that were completely understandable. He outlined my choices with pro and cons to give me a clear picture.
in St Louis, MO |
I was nervous about a condition of my thyroid having a nodule/cyst on it. Dr. O'bert was able to show his concern professionally and listen to me on what I wondered about. He was very open and upfront on what my options were. I felt confident to proceed with the surgery and remove or do whatever would be the right thing to do. We made appointment and then even was able to get me in earlier before the Christmas holiday and heal before all the celebrating. My scar seems to have cleared up nicely
in Johnsonville IL |
Dr. Obert's staff and nurses are extremely nice and knowledgeable. There was practically no waiting they get you right in. Dr Obert's was patient, great listener, and an expert in his craft. He diagnosed my husband quickly and did surgery immediately. We had excellent care and couldn't be more happy with Dr. Obert. Definitely a doctor I would recommend to anyone.
in Chesterfield, MO |
After more than a year of trying to sleep with a wet washcloth over my mouth because my nasal passages were blocked, I saw Dr. O'Bert. My general practitioner misdiagnosed this for many months. Dr. O'Bert diagnosed the main problem in about 45 seconds. He did a quick visual inspection and followed up with an MRI scan that revealed still more issues. In an operation that took only about an hour he resolved all the problems - including one that was precancerous. I am very pleased with the results.
in O'Fallon, MO |
Dr. O'Bert & staff were extremely professional and on top of all the medical issues I had going on. I would recommend him to my family and friends!
in St Louis, MO |
I was very pleased with my care, Dr. Obert took the time to explain the process, I have recommended several family and friends. Dr. Obert is professional and he set my mind at ease I am glad to have him as my doctor.
in St Louis, MO |
Dr. Obert was able to significantly improve my hearing in my right ear. His staff was friendly and helpful during this whole process. He kept me well informed about what to expect during and after the procedure.
in Glen Carbon, IL |
Dr. O'bert is very professional. He diagnosed my sinus issues very quickly and expertly. His staff is excellent. Very friendly and professional with great follow up.
in Granite City, IL |
Dr. O'bert a great doctor. He listened. He understood. Very helpful & understanding... Was seen very quickly at m appointments, staff was very nice & friendly. Doctor O'Bert was amazing. & I will recommend him to any & everyone
in Denver, CO |
Dr. O'Bert possesses outstanding Dr. to Patient communications skills in detailing ENT procedures and speaks with authority and overall respect to his patients. Based on his performance with me, I would highly recommend him to any family or friends requiring his skills and services. In my professional opinion, he is a model doctor who I have come to admire and respect. v/r Don Strick
in St Ann, MO |
Dr. O' Bert has performed two surgeries that I needed. One was done in 2012 and the other 2016 and each time I had surgery Dr. O'Bert was very informative,helpful, and very nice. If you need a wonderful, caring ENT Dr. O'Bert is your doctor.
in St Peters, MO |
Dr. O'Bert is a very professional and very courteous person. He took the time to explain the surgery needed to solve my problem, performed the necessary surgery, and then did followup procedures after surgery. Dr. O'Bert provided all the information I needed to recover from my surgery. He never seemed to be in a rush, and always answered my questions. I like him both as a doctor and a person...very easy to talk to. Yeah, I certainly would recommend him to my family and friends.
in St. Louis, MO |
This was my first surgery with Dr. O'Bert. He performed the nasal septum (deviated) and the inferior turbinate procedures just as he explained. The follow-up visit went very well (stint removal). I could not be more pleased with the results. I wish I had received the diagnosis years ago. Dr. O'Bert has performed literally hundreds (thousands?) of these procedures in his career and has a great "bedside" manner. I would not hesitate to allow him to do similar future procedures or recommend him.
in Chesterfield, MO |
Dr. O'Bert is an excellent surgeon who also has a caring manner toward his patients. My parathyroidectomy went surprisingly well.
in St Louis, MO |
Keeps very close to his scheduled appointment times. Very knowledgeable and tells you what to expect so there are no surprises. Puts you at ease as much as possible.
St Louis, MO |
Dr Obert has performed surgery on three members of our family and he was excellent every time. He is up to date on the latest scientific information in his field. He is caring when patients are experiencing pain or have questions. A great asset to your family's healthcare team!
in St Louis, MO |
He was great in removing a lipoma from my neck.
in St Louis, MO |
He is a very down to earth person with great personality.
in St Louis, MO |
Dr. O'bert is a wonderful physician. He has helped my 5 year old son who struggled with constant ear infections and strep throat. My son has had 2 surgeries with Dr. O'bert and we couldn't be happier with the results. He is very kind with great bedside manner. His staff is wonderful and very easy to work with. Thank you Dr. O'bert for all that you have done to help my son and a special thanks to the Ballas ENT staff. I highly recommend them!
in St Louis, MO |
Dr. Obert and his staff were very professional and willing to give me as much attention and time as I needed. He gave me full confidence in the procedure and was very thorough in explaining the procedure before the surgery as well as what he found post surgery.
in defiance mo |
I have always had congestion my whole life I thought that it was normal, some days worse than others. Dr. O'Bert suggested turbinate reduction surgery to help correct this problem. I Could not be more happy with the results I could breathe immediately after surgery. In the two weeks since surgery my quality of life has improved greatly. I am so great full to Dr. O'Bert and his staff.
in Ballwin, MO |
I had a serious sinus infection that required surgery. I had minimal pain and discomforts with an end result of total health.
Bridgeton, MO |
Dr. O'Bert is the best E.N.T. doc ever! I got a Tonsillectomy and he explained exactly the procedure and medication and explained to me the exact symptoms I would experience so that I wouldn't have any surprises while I recovered. He was really on point with everything I was suppose to feel and experience. I would recommend him to everyone. His staff is very friendly.
in St Louis, MO |
I would recommend Dr. O'Bert because he was professional and caring. He took the time to explain how the surgery would work and he did a great job fixing my snoring.
in Wentzville MO |
From the time I first saw Dr O'Bert He was extremely nice,professional and willing to help His office staff is truly amazing to helping paper work and appointments.
in Columbia, IL |
Dr. O'Bert was called into the OR while I was under anesthesia for back surgery. A tumor was found in my throat, surgery canceled and he was the one to handle the treatment for me. He is very attentive and knowledgeable and does not rush you out of the office. His staff is friendly and his office is comfortable. He performed 3 surgeries to remove the tumor and surrounding tissue. He was very thorough and by God's blessing and Dr. O'Bert's skills I can say that I am now cancer free!!
in St Louis, MO |
I had waited a long time for extensive septum and sinus surgery. I found Dr. O'Bert by doing my own research. I am a busy executive with little down time so needed someone very good, efficient and current on latest procedures. Dr. O'Bert is a very well educated younger otolaryngologist with great training. Very personable, knowledgeable and well liked and respected by his peers. Did great work and I was only out for 2 days. My highest recommendation.
St Louis, MO |
Dr. O'Bert provided clear information on the surgery, benefits, risks, and recovery. All follow up office visits involved no waiting and excellent service from the complete office staff.
in St Louis, MO |
He was friendly and explain and answer all our questions.
I would recommend Dr O'bert because is has a great office staff, they are very timely, and he has great bedside manner. I trust his skills and his opinions on the plan of care he thought best for me. He is also known around the hospital for being prompt with his OR cases as he was with mine. Very personable as well.
Have you seen Dr. Rob O'Bert, MD?
Are you Dr. O'Bert?

Compare Dr. O'Bert

Dr. O'Bert's Care Philosophy

Dr. O'Bert's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat
  •  Board certified in Otolaryngology
  •  Malpractice claims in Missouri not available

Dr. O'Bert has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

Why It Matters: Dr. O'Bert's Board Certifications

• Facial Fracture
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hyperparathyroidism
  • Otosclerosis
  • Outer Ear Infection
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant
  • Perforated Eardrum
  • Perilymph Fistula (PLF)
  • Postnasal Drip
  • Salivary Gland Stones and Inflammation
  • Sinusitis
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Throat Pain

Barnes - Jewish Hospital

Completed in 2009

Miami University

Graduated in 2000

Dr. O'Bert does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. O'Bert and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery With Navigational System
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Neck Mass
  • Laryngoscopy
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Thyroid Lobectomy