Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Rob Dickerman, DO
Dr. Dickerman is widely recognized as one of the top spine fellowship-trained neurosurgeons with extensive training on both conservative (nonsurgical) and surgical options for treating patients with acute spinal conditions. He is the Director of Spine Surgery at The Medical Center of Plano and now Associate Professor at The University of North Texas Health Science Center. Dr. Dickerman graduated from University of North Texas Health Science Center and has a brain tumor fellowship from The National Institutes of Health and trained under world-renown neurosurgeon Dr. Ed Oldfield. He has a particular interest in primary and metastatic brain tumors. He is a member of the American Brain Tumor Association and The Pituitary Society and has performed hundreds of surgeries for brain tumors and pituitary adenomas. His extensive research in brain tumors and neuroendocrinology continues today. Dr. Dickerman is also Board Certified in Neurological Surgery through the American Osteopathic Board of Surgery.

6130 W Parker Rd # 1-502

Plano, TX 75093

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Dickerman

See how frequently Dr. Dickerman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Low Back Pain
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Spinal Stenosis

Dr. Dickerman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Dickerman "'Treat others as you would want to be treated'"

• Neurosurgery

• Broken Neck
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neurological Diseases

• Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Spine Surgery

• Texas Wesleyan University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1992
  • Univ Of North Texas Health Science Center Texas College Of Osteopathic Medicine, University Of North Texas Health Science Center At Fort Worth
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • University Of N. Texas Health Science Center/ Osteopathic Medical Center Of Texas
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1998

• Chancellors Award UNTHSC, 1998
  • UpJohn Research Achievement Award, 1995-1996
  • Albert Einstein-LIJ Research Award, 2001-2002
  • Mayo Clinic Acedemic Scholarship, 1997
  • American College of Osteopathic Surgeons National Achievement Award, 2002, 2004
  • Marquis Who's Who in American Science and Engineering, 1998
  • Dallas Top Doctors Award, 2005-2009
  • Competetive Stipend Awarded, 1995-1996
  • Glaxo-Wellcome Fellowship, 1995-1996
  • Southern Medical Association Fellowship, 1996-1997
  • American College of Surgeons (ACOS) Research Award, 2001
  • Neurosurgery Fellowship National Institutes of Health, 1999
  • Who's Who Among American Medical Students, 1998

Dr. Dickerman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dickerman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Dickerman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dickerman to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Dickerman's Performance
in Paris, TX |
Dr. Dickerman provided excellent care to my wife. I would recommend him to anyone needing neurosurgical surgery.
in Frisco |
Hands down, the best and most knowledgeable Neurosurgeon in the world (believe me, I had my share of neurosurgeon visits in the past 4 years)! From the moment I met Dr. Dickerman, I felt like I had made the right choice. He took his time explaining every detail and answering all of my questions. Dr. Dickerman is extremely professional yet very personable. He listens to your concerns and gives you straight answers and options. My surgery went extremely well and I am now almost back to normal.
in Plano, TX |
Highly satisfied
Rison, AR |
Dr. Dickerman was confident and reassuring in his diagnosis. My pain was affecting my daily life that I was starting to let it control my life. Thanks to him, I not only had relief but got my life back. His whole staff was so helpful and polite.
in Dallas, TX |
Took the time to answer my questions and genuinely cares. My family and I felt like Dr D was compassionate, confident and talented. We all agreed it was the best choice and we were right.
in Mckinney, TX |
I had surgery in February. The member of your team that stood out was Dr. ob Dickerman. I had heard he was a great doctor, and that, he is. To me, he is an angel. He did for me what no other doctor was able to do. He is awesome, smart, concerned, polite and most of all a GREAT door.
Richardson, TX |
Excellent surgeon with heavy schedule. Would recommend for spinal surgery over all.
in Garland, TX |
Excellent bedside manner. Talks so you can understand. Doesn't rush you out of exam room ever.
Richardson, TX |
It's a really pity that a good doctor like Dr. Dicker man has to work with a team of incompetent office assists. My mother was given a pain medication that gives her nausea and constipation. She was also promised a quick spinal shot by the doctor, but the operation scheduler wants to put it off for more than 2 months. Neither the nurse practitioner nor the scheduler ever return calls. Long story short, my mother now have to see another doctor. What a waste time spent in pain!
in Plano, TX |
Dr.Dickerman is so well respected in the medical community inspired confidence and trust. I never felt rushed or like himself or Ashley did not listen to my questions or concerns and they never made me feel like i was just a number. This could have been a very scary scenario but was a very pleasant experience. Dr. Dickerman cares and is very much focused on patients, making us feel calm, secure, engaged, empowered and part of the team. I would without reservation recommend him to anyone.
in Mckinney, TX |
After waiting 1.5 hrs in exam room, I opened door and looked around due to boredom, the Dr asked what i was doing, I joking(I thought) said, Just seeing if anyone was out here, He slammed the file down on the chair and stormed off..came back in and said this isn't going to work, find another doctor.
in Murphy, TX |
Quickly determined all of my husband's issues, and prioritized them based upon our wishes. He is a very talented physician, and I would not hesitate to refer my mother to him, if he takes medicare patients. ; - )
in Royce city, TX |
Impressive experience meeting him. He lived up to the hype I had heard. I know now why my Doctor referred me to him. He's got it together!
in Argyle, TX |
Dr Dickerman saw my 96 year old mother when she was transferred to Presby Plano from another Presbyterian hospital. Although my mother was fully awake, Dr. Dickerman did not address her, but spoke to me. He was impatient from the beginning. He said, Your mother has a broken neck. She can never live alone again. She can be released today to rehab. No follow up instructions or orders were sent with her to rehab. His office never returned rehab RN calls. Pitiful.
in McKinney, TX |
He was truly a gift from God, without his skill and expertise I would not be walking today. Dr. Dicker an and his staff are amazing, they were with me and my family through the entire process. I couldn't ask for a better experience or surgeon to put my faith in, I would strongly recommend Dr . Dicker an and his staff for any spinal or brain injuries.
Have you seen Dr. Rob Dickerman, DO?
Are you Dr. Dickerman?