Dr. Rixt Luikenaar, MD

Dr. Rixt Luikenaar, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  ·
Female  ·

Dr. Rixt Luikenaar, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in Salt Lake City, UT and has been practicing for 16 years. She specializes in obstetrics & gynecology, family medicine, and more.Read her story

Rebirth ObGyn

2180 E 4500 S Ste 265

Salt Lake City, UT 84117

• Altius Health Plans
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • Health Net
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Molina Healthcare

Insurance accepted

Altius Health Plans
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Commercial Insurance Company
Coventry Health Care
Health Net
Tricare
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medicaid
Self Pay
Tricare
TriCare for Life
WellPoint

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Utah

Check Dr. Luikenaar's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Luikenaar's Top Procedures and Conditions

Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)

Dr. Luikenaar performs Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP) more than 88% of her peers

Dr. Luikenaar performs this procedure more than 88% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Excision of Cervix
Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)

Dr. Luikenaar treats Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea) more than 81% of her peers

Dr. Luikenaar treats this condition more than 81% of her peers

• Chronic Pain Management
  • Colpopexy
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • C-Section
  • Cystoscopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Gynecologic Disorders
  • Hemorrhoids
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • Hormone Replacement Therapy
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hymenectomy
  • Intrauterine Growth Restriction
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Premenstrual Syndrome
  • Prenatal Care and Counseling
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sonography
  • Uterine Diseases
  • Uterine Fibroids
  • Uterine Prolapse
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Vulvectomy
  • Yeast Infections

Respectful treatment, working together in a warm welcome environment. Participation in your own healthcare, clear explanation of what is done for you, supportive and caring staff. No judgement, we vow for equality and diversity. We take care of people, you will receive personable individual care.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

3.9

Dr. Luikenaar?
Dr. Luikenaar's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Rixt Luikenaar, MD
Dr Luikenaar and her team are highly unprofessional. I went in for an annual check up. Without asking me or getting my consent, she gave me a swab because supposedly she saw some discharge. I was charged $153.36 (luckily not the full cost of the swab which was $663.00) because their office did not code it as preventative. At no point did she even mention the swab to me or ask if I was having any symptoms of an infection (which I was not). They also did not code my pap as preventative.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rixt Luikenaar, MD?
I found Dr. Luikenaar at the very end of my pregnancy. She spent so much personal quality time with me. Her staff is so nice. She was very informative and professional, her bed side manner is excellent. She let us make so many decisions and she really makes you feel like she is there for you. She explains everything and gives you options. I want to have another baby just to see her!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rixt Luikenaar, MD?
Dr. Luikenaar is a fantastic OB! I absolutely love her. She is very observant and driven to meet the needs of her patients. I have never had a long wait to see her and I recommend her to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rixt Luikenaar, MD?
So caring and kind. She really listens to you instead of clacking notes on a laptop. And she has a beautiful energy about her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rixt Luikenaar, MD?
Dr. Luikenaar is a godsend. She takes the to time to understand her patients needs, and she takes the time to make sure her patients understand her prescribed treatments. Dr. Luikenaar is consummate professional who cares about the wellbeing of her patients. I am so grateful for Dr. Luikenaar. She has helped me make my life into one I want to live. I cannot recommend her enough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rixt Luikenaar, MD?
Dr Luikenaar has been my choice for specialized care for the last 3 years. She is very caring and works to have the care meet your individual needs. She is constantly expanding her offerings and gives to the community. I would like to say we need all doctors to care as much as her, but she is setting a standard that shouldn't be applied to others.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rixt Luikenaar, MD?
We've been going to Dr. L for 3 years, she is amazing! And her staff is SUPER helpful! I am sad to see so many poor reviews. If you have morals you NEED to go to this warm and welcoming clinic. Dr. L treats all women and men! She truly is the best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rixt Luikenaar, MD?
I have been seeing Dr Luikenaar for over 3 years now and is by far the greatest Dr I have been too. Well informed, thorough and makes me feel like she really cares for me and my health. Her staff is amazing, and really take care of everything, they work with me on payments and are always understanding. I recommend her and her clinic to everyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rixt Luikenaar, MD?
Dr. Luikenaar is an amazing. She patiently talked me through all my options and the risks, explaining the procedures. It enabled me to make an informed decision to have a laparoscopic hysterectomy and oophorectomy. Incredibly flexible, she performed the surgery where it was convenient and economical for me. She visited with me before and immediately after surgery and genuinely cares about her patients. I have recommended her to several friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rixt Luikenaar, MD?
I've been a patient for 2 yrs. Dr Luikenaar and her staff are always professional and friendly. Dr L is highly qualified to treat my health needs. But, more important to me, she genuinely cares and treats me like a person, not a stat or an insurance payment. I don't get rushed through my appointments. Dr Luikenaar isn't just a great doctor. She is also an amazing advocate and ally, working towards educating others in the medical profession about health needs of myself and others like me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rixt Luikenaar, MD?
Dr. Luikenaar provides tremendous, and compassionate, professional medical services to all her patients. Both myself for many years, my wife, and to so many other individuals I personally know. She serves an amazing cast of communities, including marginalized and underprivileged communities, who sadly are unwelcome elsewhere. Healthcare is very personal...ask questions...it can be stressful...be a partner with your Doctor and medical staff, and solve your concerns, with kindness and respect.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rixt Luikenaar, MD?
Kindest, most compassionate Dr. I have worked with. Also, love her staff. Waiting times are worth it. There can be a wait because she actually spends quality time with you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rixt Luikenaar, MD?
Dr. Luikenaar inserted my Nexplanon in September 2015. When she asked if I could feel anything after the anesthetic was put in, I said yes, I can still feel it. She said I would be fine and put it in anyways. It hurt. Because I could still feel it. Now a year and a half later, I'm getting it out. It got lost in my arm mixed up with the blood vessels and tendons. I had to get an ultrasound to find where it went. Her office is refusing to help pay for any of it, since I didn't go back to her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rixt Luikenaar, MD?
I love her she's the best she's delivered three of my babies and done it well and great help and support after giving birth I highly recommend her to anyone .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rixt Luikenaar, MD?
I needed a doctor that was informed, opened and understanding. Dr. Luikenaar is that doctor. No BS but a kind and empathic approach was exactly what I was looking for. For those of us who need an informed and open minded doctor, I highly recommend Dr. Luikenaar to family and friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rixt Luikenaar, MD?
The best Dr. in the world.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rixt Luikenaar, MD?
Dr. Luikenaar is fantastic. I would highly recommend her. She provides amazing, comprehensive care for all women. I appreciate her straight forward, no nonsense approach. I am not transgender, but my girlfriend, and several of my friends are. I am so grateful that good, morally strong, inclusive people like her exist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rixt Luikenaar, MD?
Dr. Luikenaar had been my doctor for about 4 years now. I am impressed by the personal care and attention she provides every time I visit for an appointment. Dr. Luikenaar has put sound medical science and dedication to patient health above popularity, and she treats all of her patients with warmth and dignity. In my opinion, our health care system would be much better if there were more doctors dedicated to true healing and health like Dr. Luikenaar. I enthusiastically recommend her!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rixt Luikenaar, MD?
I visited Dr. Luikenaar back in Jan. and had an amazing experience with her. She very much understands the needs of the transgender community and has a deep passion for helping those of us who are a part of the community. I had posted a previous negative review and shouldn't have as I was totally in the wrong at the time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rixt Luikenaar, MD?
she is very friendly ,patiently listen to our problems and give best solutions. best obgyn in Utah
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Luikenaar?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Luikenaar treats patients.

St. Mark's Hospital