Dr. Rixt Luikenaar, MD

Dr. Rixt Luikenaar, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  |

Dr. Rixt Luikenaar, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in Holladay, UT. She is 47 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Luikenaar is affiliated with St. Mark's Hospital, Lds Hospital and University of Utah Health Care.

Rebirth ObGyn

2180 E 4500 S Ste 265

Holladay, UT 84117

• Altius Health Plans
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • Health Net
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Molina Healthcare

Learn about Dr. Luikenaar

Respectful treatment, working together in a warm welcome environment. Participation in your own healthcare, clear explanation of what is done for you, supportive and caring staff. No judgement, we vow for equality and diversity. We take care of people, you will receive personable individual care.

Dr. Luikenaar's Experience

Dr. Luikenaar's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Endometriosis
  • Female Infertility
  • Gestational Hypertension
  • Gynecologic Disorders
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hemorrhoids
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
  • Intrauterine Growth Restriction
  • Mastodynia
  • Menstrual Cramps
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Pregnancy
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Premenstrual Syndrome
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

• Colpopexy
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Cystoscopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Prenatal Care and Counseling
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sonography
  • Tattoo Removal
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vulvectomy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• Medical School Rijks Universiteit Groningen, The Netherlands-Cum
    Medical School | Graduated 1997
  • West Virginia University School Of Med Morgantown Wv
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2000
  • West Virginia University School Of Med Morgantown Wv
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Davinci Robotics Training
    Other Education | Completed 2013

Dr. Luikenaar has no media or publications listed.

• Dutch

Dr. Luikenaar does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Luikenaar and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

St. Mark's Hospital

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Luikenaar to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Luikenaar's Performance
in SLC, UT |
So caring and kind. She really listens to you instead of clacking notes on a laptop. And she has a beautiful energy about her.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Luikenaar is a godsend. She takes the to time to understand her patients needs, and she takes the time to make sure her patients understand her prescribed treatments. Dr. Luikenaar is consummate professional who cares about the wellbeing of her patients. I am so grateful for Dr. Luikenaar. She has helped me make my life into one I want to live. I cannot recommend her enough.
Ogden, UT |
Dr Luikenaar has been my choice for specialized care for the last 3 years. She is very caring and works to have the care meet your individual needs. She is constantly expanding her offerings and gives to the community. I would like to say we need all doctors to care as much as her, but she is setting a standard that shouldn't be applied to others.
in Kaysville, Utah |
We've been going to Dr. L for 3 years, she is amazing! And her staff is SUPER helpful! I am sad to see so many poor reviews. If you have morals you NEED to go to this warm and welcoming clinic. Dr. L treats all women and men! She truly is the best.
Sandy, UT |
I have been seeing Dr Luikenaar for over 3 years now and is by far the greatest Dr I have been too. Well informed, thorough and makes me feel like she really cares for me and my health. Her staff is amazing, and really take care of everything, they work with me on payments and are always understanding. I recommend her and her clinic to everyone.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Luikenaar is an amazing. She patiently talked me through all my options and the risks, explaining the procedures. It enabled me to make an informed decision to have a laparoscopic hysterectomy and oophorectomy. Incredibly flexible, she performed the surgery where it was convenient and economical for me. She visited with me before and immediately after surgery and genuinely cares about her patients. I have recommended her to several friends.
in Orem, UT |
I've been a patient for 2 yrs. Dr Luikenaar and her staff are always professional and friendly. Dr L is highly qualified to treat my health needs. But, more important to me, she genuinely cares and treats me like a person, not a stat or an insurance payment. I don't get rushed through my appointments. Dr Luikenaar isn't just a great doctor. She is also an amazing advocate and ally, working towards educating others in the medical profession about health needs of myself and others like me.
Mountain Green, Utah |
Dr. Luikenaar provides tremendous, and compassionate, professional medical services to all her patients. Both myself for many years, my wife, and to so many other individuals I personally know. She serves an amazing cast of communities, including marginalized and underprivileged communities, who sadly are unwelcome elsewhere. Healthcare is very personal...ask questions...it can be stressful...be a partner with your Doctor and medical staff, and solve your concerns, with kindness and respect.
in West Jodan, UT |
Kindest, most compassionate Dr. I have worked with. Also, love her staff. Waiting times are worth it. There can be a wait because she actually spends quality time with you.
Salt Lake City, Utah |
Dr. Luikenaar inserted my Nexplanon in September 2015. When she asked if I could feel anything after the anesthetic was put in, I said yes, I can still feel it. She said I would be fine and put it in anyways. It hurt. Because I could still feel it. Now a year and a half later, I'm getting it out. It got lost in my arm mixed up with the blood vessels and tendons. I had to get an ultrasound to find where it went. Her office is refusing to help pay for any of it, since I didn't go back to her.
in Midvale utah |
I love her she's the best she's delivered three of my babies and done it well and great help and support after giving birth I highly recommend her to anyone .
in West Jordan, UT |
I needed a doctor that was informed, opened and understanding. Dr. Luikenaar is that doctor. No BS but a kind and empathic approach was exactly what I was looking for. For those of us who need an informed and open minded doctor, I highly recommend Dr. Luikenaar to family and friends.
Salt Lake City, UT |
The best Dr. in the world.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Luikenaar is fantastic. I would highly recommend her. She provides amazing, comprehensive care for all women. I appreciate her straight forward, no nonsense approach. I am not transgender, but my girlfriend, and several of my friends are. I am so grateful that good, morally strong, inclusive people like her exist.
in West Jordan, UT |
Dr. Luikenaar had been my doctor for about 4 years now. I am impressed by the personal care and attention she provides every time I visit for an appointment. Dr. Luikenaar has put sound medical science and dedication to patient health above popularity, and she treats all of her patients with warmth and dignity. In my opinion, our health care system would be much better if there were more doctors dedicated to true healing and health like Dr. Luikenaar. I enthusiastically recommend her!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I visited Dr. Luikenaar back in Jan. and had an amazing experience with her. She very much understands the needs of the transgender community and has a deep passion for helping those of us who are a part of the community. I had posted a previous negative review and shouldn't have as I was totally in the wrong at the time.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
she is very friendly ,patiently listen to our problems and give best solutions. best obgyn in Utah
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I have been suffering PCOS since I was 21. Also being transgender, this put a lot of strain on me. I bled non stop for 7 months one time then a whole year the next. Most doctors wanted to throw BC at me. Dr. Luikenaar not only listened to me, but realized that being trans that I wouldn't want to carry a child. She instantly got me going to have an endometrial ablation and I am doing great now. Her staff is AMAZING and are quick to use proper pronouns. Her and her staff are blessings!
in Kearns, Utah |
Rixt is an amazing doctor but her staff is unprofessional and rude!!!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Doctor Luikenaar and her staff are awesome! Been going to this clinic for two years now. I am now, currently pregnant and Dr. Luikenaar will be delivering my baby! She's awesome. Clean office and great staff :)
Have you seen Dr. Rixt Luikenaar, MD?
Are you Dr. Luikenaar?

Visit Dr. Luikenaar

Dr. Luikenaar accepts 19 insurance carriers
  • Altius Health Plans
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • Health Net
    Tricare
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
    Managed Care