Dr. Ritu Varma, MD

Anesthesiology •  Female • Age 44

Dr. Varma

NoVa Anesthesia Providers

4660 Kenmore Ave Ste 100 Alexandria, VA 22304

Dr. Ritu Varma, MD is an anesthesiology specialist in Alexandria, VA and has been practicing for 7 years. She specializes in anesthesiology and pain medicine anesthesiology.

Dr. Varma's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Varma

Dr. Varma?
Dr. Varma's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Ritu Varma, MD
I was seen by Dr. Ritu Varma for Herniated Disc. I had severe low back and leg pain. It was very painful for me to walk. It started affecting my quality of life. I was seen by the surgeon and was advised surgery. She reviewed my MRI and suggested treatment plan. My treatment was painless. All my leg pain and back pain has disappeared after her treatment. It saved me from a huge surgery where pain relief is not even a guarantee. I found her very compassionate, empathetic and caring. Now, I am able to go to Gym and have returned to active life. Thanks to Dr. Varma.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ritu Varma, MD?
My husband was treated by Dr Varma and he had great relief. I have had sever leg pain for years –going to acupuncture, wearing heat patches and going to physical therapy – with very little relief. After my Husbands treatment I asked the Medical folks at Ft Belvoir if I could get this type of treatment and they said yes Medicare and Tricare would cover it. Dr Varma requested an MRI and then explained all the problems with my spine. She gave me the series of epidual shots which gave me tremendous relief and I now can walk without stopping every few blocks to massage the pain in my legs . Dr Varma is now treating me for hip and lower back pain, plus numbness in her feet. I have suffered for many years and now getting much better thanks to Dr Varma.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ritu Varma, MD?
I have been treated by Dr. Varma for severe pain from spinal pinching of a nerve for just less than a year. She has listened to my complaints, recommended a treatment regiment. We proceeded with this plan, and she continually monitors the progress. She has followed up on the program, and suggested additional treatment, or modification that may make the pain lessen. This attention to the patients condition and listening to the patient, and their lifestyle need is very refreshing. Completely recommend her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ritu Varma, MD?
A truly amazing Doctor who cares over her patients as a mother would over her children.A rare heart with supreme knowledge to heal and combat my pain.Never been better or more happier after 19 years of dealing with disk issues. Henry Wolf 11/21/19
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ritu Varma, MD?
Dr Varma is truly AMAZING! She has such class and professionalism when dealing with her patients. Whenever I have an appointment to see Dr Varma, you know you’ll be treated with the utmost respect. She is truly a blessing when it comes to medicine.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ritu Varma, MD?
I have been seeing Dr Varma for many years. She is always pleasant, listens and honest with her patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ritu Varma, MD?
Dr. Varma is very thorough and extremely patient. She explains everything so that you understand. Her assistance is also great at following up.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ritu Varma, MD?
Doctor Varma, is really a savior and was for me. I am glad that the Lord send this amazing Doctor my way. She and her Staff are the best, my pain was so server shooting down my legs both, my back, always shooting pains. I could not sleep and couldn't even think about doing anything until I was treated by Doctor Varma. She is so caring, respectful and gets the job done. I have nothing but great things to say about this outstanding Doctor, I don't know what I would have done with out her not taking care of me. I am still have problems but nothing like the ones I had before I med Dr Varma. She is a real professional, and a gift to many and myself, that words cannot describe. Thank You! Doctor Varna, and your Staff
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ritu Varma, MD?
Absolutely the very best Doctor I have ever had. She treats you like family, very very knowledgeable in pain management, best bed side manner. When you first meet Dr. Varma she makes you feel like you have known her forever. She is so nice, a wonderful smile. She is such a joy to be around. She has given me relief in my back and neck. My wife and I just think the world of her. She listens to what you have to say and she explains everything to you. She doesn’t rush you in and out like some doctors. She takes her time with you and makes sure you understand what she is explaining. If you’re looking for a pain management doctor, this is the one.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ritu Varma, MD?
A Blessing! Dr Varma and team have given me back my life. She really listens to me and feels as if she understands the pain I'm undergoing. In the initial meeting after one of the most thorough exams I've undergone and I have seen many pain management physicians across the country in the last 10 years she gave me her game plan to get me back to a better quality of life and "normal" life. I wished I would have gone to her years ago and I would have been able to continue my military career as after 21 years of service I was medically retired due to my lumbar and radiculopathy pain. THANK YOU Dr Varma for giving me back to my family, especially my two year old as he deserves a mom that can play with him and do the every day tasks daily. You are Amazing and I'm so grateful to you for all that you have done for me and the many patients you see and treat daily. If you are lucky enough to have her as your pain management Dr, it would be the BEST thing you could do for yourself.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ritu Varma, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Varma?

I work with every patient as if they are my family member, and I treat them the way I would treat my own family. Every patient is unique, and I believe the best care plans are tailored combinations of techniques that may include: interventional treat...

• Anesthesiology

2012
University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor

• Hindi

Dr. Varma accepts

Dr. Varma accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
Independence Blue Cross
Memorial Hermann Physician Network

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check if Dr. Varma treats your condition or procedure

• Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spondylosis
  • Thoracic Disc Disorders
  • Upper Back Pain

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Varma treats patients.

Holy Cross Hospital

Silver Spring, MD

64% Patient experience rating, 5% lower than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
  • Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2017)