Dr. Ritu Varma, MD

Pain MedicineFemaleAge 47

Pain Medicine

Dr. Ritu Varma, MD is a Pain Medicine Specialist in Waldorf, MD. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Ritu Varma, MD

12070 Old Line Ctr Ste 205 Waldorf, MD 20602
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Dr. Varma's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Varma

Great experience
Total experience was excellent! Didn't have to wait long. Very well organized. Dr. Varma is very professional. She asked good questions Very good communication. I will refer others to her practice.
Palacios – Nov 16, 2022
Highly Recommend
Dr. Varma helped me regain my old life back through the epidural treatments she provided. During intro and follow-up appointments she listened and helped me understand what was happening with my body and how the treatments would provide relief in the short and long term. Her staff was also always very polite and helpful, whether it was getting checked in or preparing for a procedure. I would highly recommend Dr. Varma to others experiencing lower back pain and/or disk issues.
Jeff B. – Aug 26, 2022
Amazing
I have seen Dr. VARMU for a few years for serious lower back pain, with procedures scheduled as needed during that time. She and her staff are simply amazing. She is compassionate and friendly... and an amazing doctor.
Chris W – Jul 21, 2022
Exceptional service
I will refer Dr. Varma to anyone else who needs relief due to severe back pain. I had pain for a previous injurie and visit different doctor, physical therapy, acupuncture and tried various pain relief options, and no pain relieved. When I first met Dr. Varma, she immediate knew my problem after a short fist visit and looking at my x-rays. I will say after all the procedures I received from Dr. Varma, just like she said to me, I will be back to at last 98% no pain, and its true. No more pain.
Leslie Espino – Apr 05, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ritu Varma, MD?
Dr. Varma is a leader amongst her peers and a true health care professional. I have suffered from back, hip, and groin pain for many years and Dr. Varma took the time to take a holistic approach to treat my pain. She listens to patients and truly gets at the heart of the issue to minimize pain. I strongly recommend Dr. Varma.
Matt – Mar 28, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ritu Varma, MD?
She is very nice and cares about her patients. She explains the procedure
Ronald Wright – Oct 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ritu Varma, MD?
I would certainly refer my family and friends or anyone else who needs relief to Dr. Varma. When I first met Dr. Varma I was in severe pain and there was no relief in sight. Prior to my visit with her, I had been to physical therapy, acupuncture and tried various pain relief options and nothing would work. Dr. Varma assured me that she could help bring some relief to my lower back and she did. Dr. Varma was my pain relief angel and I'm forever grateful that I am no longer in pain as I was these past few years. I trust Dr. Varma and her team and I would recommend her to everyone I know. Thank you Dr. Varma for my holiday gift of no pain??
Sherita B – Dec 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ritu Varma, MD?
Pain management is a tricky business, I am sure. After a few failed attempts with doctors who would not listen or read the charts before diagnosing, I was overjoyed to find Dr. Varma. She listens, acknowledges my concerns, and sets the course for treatment. As we have proceeded through treatment, my quality of life has improved significantly. An absolute life-changer, Dr Varma is the doctor you are looking for. (I note also that Dr. Varma’s assistant (Jessica) is every bit as pleasant and professional as the doctor herself- a real bonus!)
Thomas C – Aug 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ritu Varma, MD?
You should see Dr. Varma if you really want to get better. I'm a nurse and I injured my back at work. I was seen by her for low back pain. Her treatment literally made my pain disappear. No surgery. I had moved and just came back to the area. I hunted her down and I'm seeing her again for my neck now. Without her help, I would have quit long time ago. She's so positive and always smiling. I'm blessed to have such a caring doctor!!
May 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ritu Varma, MD?
I was seen by Dr Varma in December of 2019 at the Alexandria clinic after suffering from severe neck pain I had for years after being in a car accident. Along with that I suffered from headaches that made it impossible to perform my daily activities. I highly recommend Dr.Varma my pain has nearly disappeared in months. She does not believe in high doses of pain medicine and instead gave me alternative treatment to target my pain. I thank her for her patience in answering all of my questions, for her kindness but more than anything, allowing me to have a great quality of life.
Ellie S – May 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ritu Varma, MD?
I was seen by Dr. Varma on January 04, 2020 in her Alexandria Office. She is the one Doctor who’s so skilled with her treatment techniques that she helped me avoid back surgery. I had slipped disc in my back. Pain was so bad that I could not walk or stand. Even sitting was painful. Every doctor I consulted kept giving me more pain medicines. I was nothing but a zombie. I was losing control of my life. Then, I saw Dr. Varma. After her treatment, I have been able to get my life back. I rarely take any pain medicine now and bye bye to Surgery. She’s hands down the best !!
JPJ – May 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ritu Varma, MD?
I saw dr Varma1 time bc my dr was away& I needed an rx. She billed my ins $2,350 4 separate times. I wasn’t going to be a new patient so there wasn’t a consultation. She knew that. She looked me up to find my rx and then she wrote 1rx for me & I left. This is outrageous!! Dr Ritu Varma &Mid Atlantic Pain Management are the reasons health care in America is so dysfunctional. I pay $22,000 a year just to have health ins. SHAME ON YOU DR RITU VARMA &MID ATLANTIC PAIN MANAGEMENT. $2,350 for 10min-billed 4 times. People are literally dying bc health care is too expensive. It’s practices&drs like this that make health ins. unattainable for so many millions of Americans. You have blood on your hands. What can ins companies do when a person gets charged nearly $3,000 multiple times for taking a pen &rx pad out to write 1perscrjption? My God, what if I had been sick & needed treatment? I can’t even imagine how much that would cost. It’s disgusting and really sad. You’re the problem
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Erin – Mar 06, 2020
Hello Erin, Dr. Varma is an employee of the...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ritu Varma, MD?
Dr. Varma is attentive and cares about the patient. Diagnosis was proper and procedures were helpful in eliminating pain.
Feb 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ritu Varma, MD?
Amazing pain doctor who listened to all my concerns. I’m pretty young (20s) so hopefully I would need to come back for my chronic pain, but life is fickle. In any case, I know who to call!
Jan 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ritu Varma, MD?
Dr Varma has treated my low back pain for over a year. Top notch medical care!
Kipp B. – Jan 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ritu Varma, MD?
Dr. Varma has helped my with a shoulder injury from many years ago. She also gives me trigger point injection which help with various aches and pain.
Dec 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ritu Varma, MD?
Have been seeing Dr Varma since around July of 2018. She is THE best doctor that I have. She is not just an anesthesiologist. She’s a also a trained surgeon/orthopedist /pain management doctor, that is well versed with diagnostic abilities, Intuitiveness, and spot on determination of the reason for ailments. She doesn’t just spend 5 mins with you throw out a diagnosis & medicine at you. She listens, looks at your history and xrays, MRI, etc basically takes in ALL the info. She is thorough. Out of many, many Drs I have seen regarding my long list of injuries, arthritis, bursitis, spondilithiasis, disk protrusions, nerve compression & damage, scoliosis and every other diagnosis one can have associated with these problems. She takes it all in. My issues are within my neck, shoulder, back (cervical to coccyx), hips & knees. She is addressing all of these with utmost care, compassion & understanding. I have damaged my body from 45 hrs of cowgirling & body of a bull rider. She has saved me!
Melissa G, Warrenton VA – Dec 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ritu Varma, MD?
Dr Varma is very pleasant and listens to her patients. I have psoriatic arthritis, degenerate disc disease, pinched nerves in my neck. Dr Varma has helped improve my pain levels. I make this review again to correct a 3 star review previously. That was an error, good on my part, want to ensure she gets good rating as she deserves.
Sean Baker – Dec 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ritu Varma, MD?
I had pain for many years and saw many doctors prior to being referred to Dr. Varma. Dr. Varma was caring, took the time to listen to my concerns and took the correct steps to diagnose and direct the correct course of action to treat my issues in my back. Dr. Varma followed up with me personally when she didn't need to and honestly provided the type of treatment that you dream you could receive. I highly recommend Dr. Varma to anyone who is experiencing spinal pain and has not been able to get relief.
Elisabeth – Dec 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ritu Varma, MD?
One year ago I could not walk 10 feet without having to take a knee due to the shooting pain in my back and legs. I'm just a working guy and Dr. Varma talked to me like a peer and knew exactly what the issues were and through a series of back injections the worst I now encounter is sore back, which is expected for a guy of 62. Furthermore, she made sure I never experienced more pain than necessary and never made me beg for information or explanation. Although she is quite busy and things don't happen fast, I assure you, you've found the right Doctor for both your pain and peace of mind.
  • Long wait times
Dec 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ritu Varma, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Varma?