Orthopedic Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Ritesh Shah, MD
Dr. Shah is a nationally recognized orthopedic surgeon whose mission is to get active joint replacement patients back on their feet as quickly as possible. The surgeon travels and teaches colleagues worldwide about new advances in same day hip and knee replacement, hip arthroscopy, and joint revision surgery.Dr. Shah's typical otherwise healthy hip and knee replacement patient walks with a cane about one hour after surgery, returns home after ninety minutes, and is back to a light workload in a few days or weeks. Such rapid recoveries are possible because of new advances in surgery, anesthesia, physical therapy, and patient preparation. Recovered patients typically go back to skiing, hockey, and tennis. One former hip replacement patient is a horse trainer at Arlington Park; a hip arthroscopy patient is currently a professional car racer.The orthopedic surgeon is also expert in hip arthroscopies. This procedure relieves hip pain in younger patients with cartilage tears and may prevent otherwise inevitable joint replacement surgery later. Dr. Shah devoted a year away from his family to learn the technique from its Washington University of Saint Louis pioneers.The orthopedic surgeon largely credits his results to a team-approach to orthopedic care. "Rapid Recovery Reality" is only possible because of a leading-edge anesthesiologist, a consistent and expert operating team, and leading physical therapists both in home and outpatient settings.Dr. Shah's clinical research specialty is evidence-based medicine. He has many publications in that and other fields and also often lectures in national meetings.Dr. Shah recently co-edited his first book, Pocket Orthopedic Surgery. The book, used by residents and health providers nationwide, is a handbook for residents in training.In his spare time the orthopedic surgeon plays tennis, basketball, and enjoys swimming. His biggest enjoyment of all is spending time with his young family.

9000 Waukegan Rd Ste 200

Morton Grove, IL 60053

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • HealthLink
  • Self Pay
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Shah

I believe in providing empathetic, innovative, timely, and exemplary care to all my patients.  My philosophy is that each person is an individual and should have treatment catered to his or her particular needs.  With contemporary training in hip and knee disorders in adults and young adults, I believe in educating the patient and their family on their natural disease process, alternatives in treatment options, and expected outcomes of surgical and non-surgical treatment to allow patients to make better-educated decisions.  Most importantly, I pride myself in working with a specialized support team to effectively diagnose and treat all patients to ensure complete patient satisfaction and return to activity and function.

Dr. Shah's Experience

Dr. Shah's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Orthopedic Sports Medicine
  • Orthopedic Trauma Surgery
  • Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery
  • Sports Medicine Orthopedic Joint Reconstruction

Dr. Shah does not have any board certifications listed.

• Ankle Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Shoulder Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Loyola University Chicago
  • Washington Univ Barnes Jewish Hosp
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2011
  • Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2011

Dr. Shah has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Shah has no media or publications listed.

• Gujarati
  • Hindi

Dr. Shah does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shah and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shah's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shah to family and friends
Dr. Shah's Performance
in Park Ridge, IL |
I had a Hip Arthroscopy, because of a torn labrum. Surgery was 3 weeks ago, and I just got off crutches, and back to driving. I felt a little stiffness and discomfort the first couple of days after surgery, but no pain. Dr. Shah did and excellent job explaining the procedure and what the recovery would look like. I'm extremely happy with the results so far, and would highly recommend him to family and friends.
Back to running marathons again. Both my hips had FAI And Labrum Tears. Dr Shah performed hip arthroscopic labrum repairs for both hips about 6 weeks apart. After the rehab, I'm back to running marathons. He's a very published, gifted, but humble surgeon. Every physical therapist loves him and many PTs have had hip surgery with Dr Shah themselves. The day he did my surgery, he also had outpatient total hip and knee replacememts. OUTPATIENT!!
Dr Shah is the best hip surgeon period!!! I had a Hip Arthroscopy with a labrum repair done with a famous downtown surgeon. What a mistake? After a year of severe pain. I met Dr Shah at the request of a physical therapist who had a perfect hip Arthroscopy done by Dr Shah. Dr Shah re-operated on my hip and did a perfect labrum repair. I had no pain after 3 days. If you need a hip scope, go see Dr Shah. I'm glad I finally did.
Park Ridge, IL |
-He kept me waiting over TWO hours past my appointment time without explanation. -He spent less than five minutes with me (I timed him), and didn't even bother to examine my leg. -After telling him my pain and mobility are now WORSE after he operated on me, he said I might need the surgery again. AGAIN? -He left the room and didn't come back - and I still had questions! -He said he would prescribe a painkiller, but never called it in to the pharmacy. I will NEVER recommend him !
in Gurnee IL |
I had a knee replacement. At 6 months post surgery, I am pain free and walking, doing stairs and fully back to life. I was treated with respect, patience and given all the information that I needed to anticipate my getting ready for this surgery, having the surgery and recovering from the surgery. They could not have been nicer. My phone calls were ALWAYS returned promptly by his staff. I will eventually need my other knee done and I will definitely be working with Dr. Shah for it!
Lake Forest, IL |
Dr. Ritesh Shah completed my total knee replacement in June of 2017. The time he spent with me prior to the surgery, explaining the procedure, my options and expected outcome was exceptional. He spoke to me in layman's terms along with showing me on film how he came to his conclusions. The procedure at the surgery center went smoothly and I credit that to the advance preparation and team approach at IBJI. My outcome to date has been great, and I highly recommend Dr. Shah as a surgeon.
in Palatine, IL |
Tremendous staff and doctor. The office is very efficient in seeing patients and providing quality service. Dr. Shah is a tremendous surgeon as he listened to what my exercise goals were for after surgery, and performed a procedure that has allowed me to return to an aggressive exercise routine within months of the surgery.
in Schaumburg, IL |
Dr Shah is very caring physician. His positive orthopedic approach helps me to go for Knee-Surgery. I am happy that I selected him as my orthopedic surgeon. I can definitely say visit Dr Shah for your Ortho problem before you decide anything. Post surgery care is very important and his team follows up for best results.
in Park Ridge Il |
I liked the fact that Dr. Shah sends me emails almost every day reminding me of the things I am to expect. I got very positive feedback from the nurse at Glenview Terrace when she changed my original bandage to a new one. She was very impressed with the surgery. I was also very happy to see how the back of my leg ( I believe it's called the hamstrings) could almost reach the the bed when I put my leg flat on the bed. This means that my leg is NOT bent. It almost lays flat on the bed.
Mount Prospect, IL |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Shah to family and friends. In fact, I have already done so.
in Niles, IL |
Dr Shah is compassionate and extremely competent. I would recommend him without hesitation for your orthopedic needs.
Mundelein, IL |
Having seen 4-5 doctors in the past few years for my hip replacements and now my knees, I feel very qualified in saying Dr. R. Shah is the best. He is very caring, calming and never rushed. He will guide you through your surgery and suggest what is best for you. For me it was to replace one knee at a time instead of two. His recommendation made sense, and two weeks out I am doing better than I ever imagined. I highly recommend Dr. R Shah.
in Palatine, IL |
Dr. Shah is a great Orthopedic surgeon, I was extremely happy at how quickly I recovered from my knee surgery. He was encouraging and put to rest all my concerns. His office is always quick to respond to questions and he is also available. Will recommend him to patients requiring knee surgery.
Lake Forest, IL |
Thorough, professional, skilled. Great choice for arthroscopic hip surgery.
Wilmette, IL |
I find Dr Shah to be a really good surgeon and to have a great attitude and approach. His staff is excellent. My hip replacement surgery went extremely well and I'd highly recommend him. My mobility has come back fast and I have had very little pain or discomfort.
in Glenview, IL |
I had a hip replacement surgery in October 2016. It was outpatient I was home that afternoon. I never had to take a pill for pain. All the people involved were thoughtful and caring. My hip is workings it should be without pain . I would highly recommend Dr. Shah and his staff to anybody and everybody
in Morton Grove, IL |
Dr. Shah has done an excellent job of explaining the process of knee replacement to me. Now after I have my new knee I am very happy with the results. Your rehab success depends on your attitude and motivation for success .Having Dr. Shah on your team will assure you of getting the best possible results. I could not be more pleased with my knee replacement surgery.
in Lake Forest, IL |
Dr. Shah is very confident and competent. He has researched and implemented specific surgical and patient protocols to ensure a successful outcome. His staff is very professional and effectively implements the procedural protocols. I highly recommend you consider a consultation.
in Chicago, IL |
My experience with Dr Shah was very good, from my first appointment pointing out my problem area and how it could be managed, thru surgery and now thru physical therapy. His staff is excellent, very informative.
in Hoffman Estates, IL |
After trying unsuccessfully with other physicians to treat left-sided, lower extremity pain, I was relieved to finally meet Dr. Shah, who immediately and accurately diagnosed the source of the pain and recommended hip replacement surgery. I only wish I had met him about two years earlier, it could have saved me several months of discomfort and pain.
in Glencoe, IL |
I have been putting off having this hip replaced for several years, and, had it not been for the fact that I could no longer row, I would probably still be procrastinating. And what a huge mistake that would have been! I am happy to say that I am six weeks out and already walking normally without a cane. Dr. Shah and his wonderful staff have given me back my mobility, and I am looking forward to getting back on the water this spring. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Shah is very personable and thoroughly explains every step and part of the process. He has great staff! I would highly recommend Dr. Shah and his staff.
in Wheeling, IL |
After meeting Dr. shah before my first knee surgery,he explain the procedures of which i did not understand. He ask if i had any questions,had only one, how many procedures he had done, when told me my mind was at ease.Dr.Shah in my opinion is very understanding of his patient needs and over all a kind person.
Dr. Shah spent a lot of time explaining the issues and answered all questions. He even waited to leave the room to allow you time to come up with additional questions. I find this bedside manner to be rare in today's world where doctors seem to be exiting the room as soon as they enter. Dr. Shah performed surgery on me and it went way better than I ever expected.
in Morton Grove, IL |
I could not have asked for a better Dr. Dr. Shah replaced my hip 3 weeks ago and I am still amazed at how well my recovery is coming along. He is the man to see for your knee or hip replacement.
in Wilmette, IL |
Simply an amazing doctor in all aspects! He is concerned, compassionate, and extremely knowledgeable- all of which put me at ease. Everyone has praised work and after my hip labrum surgery, I can completely understand why. His work is truly the finest and I would recommend him to anyone.
in Morton Grove, IL |
Dr. Shah performed a minimally invasive hip replacement on my left side. The process was performed at an outpatient facility. My experience was impressive. I walked with a cane one hour after surgery. My recovery two weeks out has been swift. I now feel better and stronger than before the surgery.
in St. Joseph, Michigan |
Received a total knee replacement and a few months later, a hip replacement from Dr. Shah. Both surgeries went exceedingly well with fast recoveries. His skill as a surgeon is remarkable. He and his physician assistants were always available after the surgery to take care of any concerns that arose. I even traveled from another state to have him as my surgeon.
in Chicago, IL |
When he came in for my office visit, he was professional and most of all he did not rush through the exam. He spoke with me initially for at least 40 minutes and made sure I completely understood the knee replacement procedure before he left. The surgery went off exactly as he had explained, no surprises. Even at the rehab center the physical therapists praised his work.
in Peoria, IL |
Dr. Shah was compassionate. He listened to me and understood I was in pain. His goal was to make me as comfortable as possible while I lost weight and getting the surgery approved through workers comp. He came to visit me the day after surgery and told me the surgery went great! Dr. Shah truly cares about you!
in Libertyville, IL |
Dr. Shah is a very concerned, compassionate and informed clinician. I am thrilled that I had him do my hip replacement surgery.
Have you seen Dr. Ritesh Shah, MD?
Are you Dr. Shah?