Dr. Rita N. Oganwu, MD

Dr. Rita N. Oganwu, MD

Internal Medicine | Female | 65 years old

Personal Bio

Dr. Oganwu's Experience

See how Dr. Oganwu's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Oganwu

Dr. Oganwu accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Oganwu has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Oganwu
Dr. Oganwu's Office & Staff
    31 – 45 minutes (14)
Chicago, Il |
She's VERY rude and the wait time is beyond ridiculous! She got an attitude with me, because I was asking her questions and told me she wasn't going to continue to keep answering questions! Her arrogance is distasteful. When I left out of her exam room I guess the assistant saw the look on my face and she said, "She just takes getting used to!" Let's just say my first visit was my last! I would NEVER recommend her!!!
in Chicago IL |
I have to say my 1st visit was a good one. We talked, I voiced my concerns, she listened and layed out she suggestions. During my visit, I had assessed enough to determine that she was a keeper. I was willing to give her a try. Hadn't had a full physical in 2 yrs she did a full panel of lab work, results came back and her practice is to schedule you back in to the office to review the results in person before she provide a copy of the report to you. Like this practice. I have no complaints
in Chicago, IL |
Not enough room to leave full scope of visit. I had a follow up visit with Dr. OGANWU.. I signed in and asked a question about a bill that I received due to the fact that Dr. Oganwu did not bill the insurance for a wellnes visit..i was told she couldn't/wouldnt make the correction to the bill & i would have to pay this bill. I had an appt with her was told she refused to see me.... i never received the results from the test she billed my insurance for. Unethical billing practice unprofessional
Homewood, IL |
Dr Oganwu will run Unnecessary test to jack up your bill? Office visits for preventive care is covered at 100%. If the Dr. Feels you need additional services you should be informed that this may not be a covered service. When my insurance questioned her about the diagnosis code and why it wasn?t coded as prevented, she lied and said I came in with a cold and she need to run a Spirometry, to make sure my lungs was clear! I did not have a cold. Then she said it?s not her job to discuss money!
in Matteson, IL |
Been seeing Dr Oganwu 2 years & I am in disbelief how I was treated at my last visit. My accumulated outstanding bal was $150.The Off Mgr wouldn't allow me to be seen unless I paid $50. I only had $25 but the OM wouldn't accept it. I tried to work out a pay plan. I found that I had been charged 2x on many visits b/c the dr spent over 30 min but was never informed. The dr refused to see me & I left in tears. The week b4 I had a lung collapse but they didn't care. Sadly I won't return there.
Have you seen Dr. Rita N. Oganwu, MD?
Are you Dr. Oganwu?

Compare Dr. Oganwu

Dr. Oganwu says...

Dr. Rita N. Oganwu is board certified in Internal Medicine and Geriatrics and has been practicing medicine for over 25 years.. She is a member of the American Society of Bariatric Physicians. Her practice scope includes non-surgical weight management and metabolic medicine.

Dr. Rita N. Oganwu offers a wide variety of cutting-edge treatments for all kinds of diseases including nagging symptoms associated with aging, menopause and andropause.

Some of Dr. Oganwu's exciting anti-aging treatment options include bio-identical hormone replacement therapy, which safely and naturally restores the body's hormonal balance in order to eliminate the annoying symptoms of menopause, andropause, decreased libido.

Homeopathic treatments, vitamins and herbal supplements are also available.

Dr. Oganwu's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Geriatric Medicine and Internal Medicine

Dr. Oganwu has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Oganwu's Board Certifications

• Geriatric Medicine

• Anemia
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Depression
  • Emphysema
  • Heart Disease
  • High Cholesterol
  • Injuries

University Of Nigeria / College Of Medicine
    Harlem Hospital Center
    Harlem Hospital Center

Dr. Oganwu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Oganwu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Bariatric Medicine

• Spirometry
  • Urinalysis
  • Vaccination

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.