Dr. Rita Hadley, MD

Dr. Rita Hadley, MD

General Surgery  ·
Female  ·

Dr. Rita Hadley, MD is a general surgery specialist in Mesa, AZ and has been practicing for 16 years. She specializes in general surgery.Read her story

Advanced Surgical Associates

2945 S Dobson Rd

Mesa, AZ 85202

• Health Net
  • SCAN Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Hadley

See how frequently Dr. Hadley performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
Gallbladder Removal
Gallbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy), Laparoscopic
high

Dr. Hadley's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Hadley's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Hadley "Dr Hadley grew up in the Midwest. She has an extensive education which culminated in 2 professional degrees. She first obtained a PhD in neurophysiology from the University of Iowa where she studied the mechanisms of pain. Dr Hadley is very interested in how people feel pain and how it can best be managed. Because of her research and her ongoing clinical advancements in pain control, she travels the country to educate physicians on how to optimize pain management after surgery while minimizing narcotic use. After her PhD, Dr Hadley went to medical school at Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio and became a surgeon. She was in practice in the Dayton area for 13 years before her move to Phoenix, AZ in June, 2015. She manages the surgical aspect of abdominal and breast diseases, as well as hernias, skin lumps and bumps, and tumors. As a board certified general surgeon, she also specializes in bariatric surgery and has performed countless weight loss procedures. Dr Hadley specializes in many general surgery procedures. She dedicates a large portion of her practice to women's health, including breast cancers. And she maintains a presence and leadership in the advancement of patient care and pain management across the country. Dr Hadley has been very active in leadership roles in addition to her clinical practice and has been the Medical Director for the Bariatric Center of Excellence, the Chief of Surgery, and has served on several hospital committees dedicated to the advancement of quality and efficiency in Dayton, Ohio."

This content was provided by Dr. Hadley "Dr Hadley is committed to compassion, caring, and nurturing.  Her practice reflects the special touch that we appreciate when we are valued.  Whether surgery is required or not, Dr Hadley will provide the care necessary to ensure safety and understanding. "

• General Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Purdue University
  • Wright State University Dayton OH
    Medical School | Graduated 1997
  • Wright State University School Of Med Dayton Oh;
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Hadley has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hadley does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hadley and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hadley's Reviews

3.7
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hadley to family and friends

Dr. Hadley's Performance

I met Dr. Hadley for the first time last week. I have never felt more comfortable with a doctor in my life. She sat and talked to me, and actually listened to what I had to say. I look forward to future visits with Dr. Hadley, and that isn't something usually said about physicians.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr Rita Hadley is AWESOME! From my first appointment I knew it was going to be a success. Dr Hadley went over all of the bariatric surgery options and we decided the gastric sleeve would be best for me. I am now six months post surgery and I have lost over 140 pounds and only have 26 more to go to...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option0
Dr Hadley is an excellent doctor with a no-noonsense kind of approach. She helped me get to my desired weight and gave me the biggest hug when I did. I really liked her and she is a great physician.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option0
I have never been so depressed after a dr. appt. as I was yesterday after seeing Dr. Hadley. Basically she said there was nothing she could do for me. I was on a downward spiral due to weight loss and it might be too late to change the course. She said my body has gone into "anorexia mode"....more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option2
Dr Hadley is amazing. She's highly skilled, is caring and compassionate while being professional. She is by far the most caring doctor we've ever seen. We felt like she was our biggest supporter. After my husband spent 8 days in the hospital, lost 40 pounds in 3 weeks....she got him back to his...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option5thumbs down icon option0
Are you Dr. Hadley?

More General Surgery Specialists like Dr. Hadley at Advanced Surgical Associates