Oncology  |
Dr. Rishi Sawhney, MD
Dr. Rishi Sawhney, MD is an oncology doctor who practices in Pleasanton, CA. He is 41 years old. Dr. Sawhney is affiliated with Eden Medical Center, Washington Hospital, San Ramon Regional Medical Center, Valleycare Medical Center and Saint Rose Hospital.

5725 W Las Positas Blvd Ste 100

Pleasanton, CA 94588

• Anthem Blue Cross
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Shield of California
  • Health Net
  • PHCS
  • Stanford Health Care Advantage
  • Stanford Health Care Alliance

Learn about Dr. Sawhney

Our team of highly skilled physicians and nurses are dedicated to providing comprehensive and compassionate Hematology/Oncology care in several modern state-of-the art facilities. We take great pride in our patient centered care philosophy; at our clinics "the patient always comes first."

Dr. Sawhney's Experience

Dr. Sawhney's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Oncology

• All Lymphoma
  • Anal Disorders
  • Anal and Rectal Cancer
  • Anemia
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Breast Cancer
  • Cancer Pain
  • Cancer Treatment Complications
  • Cervical Cancer
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Coagulation Defects in Pregnancy and Postpartum
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Cryoglobulinemia
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • ENT Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Hemophilia
  • Hodgkin's Disease
  • Hypercoagulable State
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Kaposi's Sarcoma
  • Lung Cancer
  • Lymphocytosis
  • Lymphoma
  • Lymphoma, Large-Cell
  • Macroglobulinemia (incl. Waldenstrom's )
  • Mantle Cell Lymphoma
  • Pleura Cancer
  • Pleural Cancer
  • Polycythemia Rubra Vera
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Purpura
  • Qualitative Platelet Defects (incl. Glanzmann's Thrombasthenia)
  • Rectal Cancer
  • Stomach Diseases
  • Stomach and Small Intestine Cancer
  • Testicular Cancer
  • Thalassemia
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Thrombocytosis
  • Venous Embolism and Thrombosis

• Bone Marrow Biopsy
  • Cancer Pain Management
  • Thoracentesis

No malpractice history found for California.

• UCLA Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. Sawhney has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Punjabi

Dr. Sawhney does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sawhney and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sawhney's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sawhney to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Sawhney's Performance
in Pleasanton, CA |
I have been seeing him for over 5 years with inoperable stage 4 lung cancer. Expected to survive less than 9 months. 5 years later I am still in remission. Dr Sawhney and his staff are the best.
Dublin, CA |
Dr. Sawhney is a very caring and diligent doctor. During my treatments I watch as he circles the room greeting people by name and touching base on their treatments. This is truely amazing considering the amount of patients he cares for. He always has a smile and is the best doctor I have ever had.
in Livermore, CA |
I started my CLL journey 10 years ago.Together we went through a lot in this 10 years, chemos, surgeries , hospitalizations ,radiation...I can't thank him enough! I'm alive just because of him. He always said that now there is a great choice of treatments and we will try to find the one that is more suitable for me.He is a wonderful person who really cares about his patients.If unfortunately you need an oncologist, you fortunate enough to have him as your doctor!Thank you Dr. Rishi Sawhney !
in Livermore, CA |
Dr Rishi has been treating my ITP, I have been under a close care last year because my pregnancy made my ITP a lot worse. I felt that he always looked out for my best interest and even though I had to be under a high dose of steroids during the last few months of my pregnancy it was for the best and to make sure I had a safe delivery. Throughout the years him and his stuff are like family to me & I cannot imagine any other doctor doing a better job than him.
in Pleasanton, CA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Sawhneys since 2012. I am being treated for Multiple Myeloma. Dr. Sawhney has a wonderful professional way about him. He is so comforting, and explains things so that we can understand them. He is very encouraging, and has a positive manner about him. I feel very fortunate to have Dr. Sawhney as my oncologist.i cannot say enough positive things about him.
Dr. Sawhney is a dedicated oncologist. He is highly intelligent, and is on the cutting edge of the latest treatments for cancer. He has an excellent bedside manner he brings positivity, and comfort to his patients. He has an excellent staff that works closely with him. Everyone at Valley Care Oncology sincerely is there to help and take care of you. I have recommended him to family and friends. All have been thankful. He has been a blessing to me! I thank God for bringing him into my life.
in Clovis, CA |
I had a serious DVT and PT and small clots in my lungs and was in the hospital almost a week. Dr. Sawhney came in every day to check on me and sometimes even twice a day to make sure I was improving and getting the care I needed to make my health better. His bedside manner is outstanding and during a tramtic health expericece , he made things a lot better for me. I not live 3 hours away and I still make the drive to see him for my checkups. You will not find a better Dr. in CA, he is awesome
in Livermore, CA |
Dr. Sawney's office is amazing. Everyone that we came into contact with was not only very professional but helpful as well. Dr Sawney himself really cares about his patients. He never gave up on my grandmother who is 86 years old and had stage 3 lung cancer. He made a plan for chemo and radiation which worked!!! Dr Sawney never stopped fighting for her and she is now CANCER FREE!!!! I HIGHLY RECCOMMEND HIS OFFICE!!!!!! THANK YOU DR SAWNEY AND STAFF!!!!!!!!!
in Pleasanton, CA |
Dr. Sawney and the entire staff, especially Amita, deserve to be in the cancer "Hall of Fame". Step by step, I have gone from Stage 4 colon cancer that spread to the liver in Oct. 2015, to Stage 4 "Cancer Free" in April 2017. Dr. Sawney has surrounded himself with the most qualified and caring staff. It is my sincere admiration for the care and information that makes me grateful for listening to my great doctor! Dr. Sawney and Amita, and the staff of caregivers have absolutely set the standard
in Pleasanton, CA |
Dr. Sawhney, his PA-C Amita Saggi, the nurses and all of the support staff and lab personnel are not only highly qualified but treat you with kindness, compassion and respect. They take the time to ensure all of your questions and concerns are addressed. I would highly recommend Dr. Sawhney and all of those working at Valley Medical Oncology Consultants.
San Ramon, CA |
Dr. Sawhney is very caring and compassionate. He thoroughly explained my problem and the recommended treatment and why that particular treatment. Unlike a few doctors, he didn’t mind when I brought in web articles and asked questions about differences in his recommendations vs. what the web articles stated. His staff is incredible. They are organized, efficient, caring, and very, very friendly. I wish all doctor’s offices were run half as well as Dr. Sawhney’s.
in Dublin, CA |
Dr. Sawhney is so very kind and talented. My results were better than I'd hoped, but dead on with what he expected from treatment plans. He has fashioned a staff that is efficient, caring, compassionate and dedicated. Together they help make a scary experience into something so much more positive. His PA Amita is amazing! His nurses display great caring and compassion. Many compliments to the entire staff and so many thanks for your dedication and fine work!
san ramon, ca |
Dr Sawheny is wonderful but the staff in the office (with the exception of the nurses) are really bad. It's the most unprofessional medical office I've visited. Hard to believe people in an oncologist's office, working with cancer patients, could care SO little about the patients
in Pleasanton, CA |
Dr Sawhney and team has the ability of turning a very frightening experience in one's life, to building confidence and belief that you couldn't be in better hands. Their love and commitment to their profession gave me the power to believe in myself and eventually win the battle. With the completion of my treatment, not only had the cancer gone away, but I felt I was leaving part of my family. Because of Dr. Sawhney's gift to me, I am in the process of becoming a volunteer within his unit.
in San Leandro, CA |
Could not have been better! Caring, vastly knowledgeable, personable... Terrific! Always willing to take whatever time and steps the patient needs or wants. Confidence inspiring doesn't begin to describe him. Feel very fortunate to have had a friend recommend him. He is the model for a great physician!
Have you seen Dr. Rishi Sawhney, MD?
Are you Dr. Sawhney?

Visit Dr. Sawhney

Dr. Sawhney accepts 12 insurance carriers
    Aetna EPO
    Aetna POS
    Aetna PPO
  • Anthem Blue Cross
    Anthem Blue Cross of California EPO
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Beech Street (Multiplan) PPO