Dr. Rishav Kansal, MD

Dr. Rishav Kansal, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Kansal was born in Philadelphia. After spending his youth in Pennsylvania and Delaware, his family moved to California. He completed his undergraduate studies in Human Biology at University of California, San Diego (2006) with Honors. He then journeyed back to Philadelphia to complete Medical School at Temple University School of Medicine (2011). He completed his Internship at Mercy Catholic Hospital in Darby, PA (2012). He then completed his Ophthalmology Residency at Temple University Hospital (2015). As a general ophthalmologist and cataract specialist, Dr. Kansal sees patients for routine eye exams, glasses and contacts, diabetic screenings, glaucoma evaluation, cataract screening, and dry eye treatment. He has experience with the latest techniques in cataract surgery including Toric and Multifocal Lenses. Dr. Kansal also performs pterygium excision, eyelid surgery, minimally invasive glaucoma surgery, and several types of laser eye surgery. Dr. Kansal enjoys a wide variety of activities including hiking, martial arts, tennis, and cooking.

770 N Coit Rd Ste 2486

Richardson, TX 75080

• AARP
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Kansal

See how frequently Dr. Kansal performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
Keratitis
Eye Infections
high

Dr. Kansal's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Kansal "Each patient deserves individualized attention and care. I try to provide that to the best of my ability for every patient by finding the cause of your problem, explaining the condition in basic English, discussing the options for treatment, and proceeding with a plan we both agree on. "

• Ophthalmology

• Cataract, Posterior Polar, 1
  • Chorioretinal Scars
  • Choroid Diseases and Disorders
  • Choroidal Melanoma
  • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
  • Choroideremia
  • Cystoid Macular Edema
  • Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration
  • Nonreactive Pupils
  • Ocular Albinism
  • Ocular Albinism II
  • Ocular Cicatricial Pemphigoid
  • Ocular Herpes (Herpes of the Eye)
  • Ocular Histoplasmosis Syndrome
  • Retinal Edema
  • Retinal Migraine
  • Retinal Scarring
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Retrobulbar Neuropathy

• Mercy Fitzgerald Hosp/Mercy Catholic Med Ctr
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Temple University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2015

Dr. Kansal has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kansal does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kansal and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kansal's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kansal to family and friends
Dr. Kansal's Performance
in Plano,TX |
Dr Kansal did my cataract surgery on both eyes and I am recommending him to my family and friends.I have no need for reading glasses.My vision has improved beyond my wildest dreams.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr Kansal performed cataract surgery on both of my eyes more than a year ago and the procedure was painless and recovery was brief. I am very happy with the results because this has changed my vision and I am able to see very clearly. He also put plugs for dry eyes in both eyes and this has worked very well too. Dr Kansal has a calm professional approach to his patients and he takes careful attention and time to give every detail satisfaction . I recommend him very highly.
in Dallas TX |
I cannot speak more highly of any doctor! He is totally professional in every way. He removed cataracts and put lens in. He went over every detail in great detail Everything went exactly as he said they would. i coud not be more pleased. Thank you Dr. Kansal. Vick Clesi
in Wylie, TX |
Dr. Kansal is an intelligent professional, personable and caring doctor with the ability to perform successful surgery. We did not go into surgery until he knew every detail about my eyes and what I was expecting the outcome to be. As a “senior citizen”, I really felt that his goal was to help me see the best I could. My cataract surgery was painless and my toric lenses enable me to see near and far without glasses as I chose to have “monovision”. I recommend Dr. Kansal !
in Knoxville |
Dr. Kansal is hands down the best Dr I have ever experienced. He is professional, warm and caring. He does not "rush" you through your exam and takes the time to explain everything throughout your exam. His office team is extremely helpful with exemplary customer service to help navigate the referrals and insurance. We live an hour away from his office and we all are happy to make that drive to Dr. Kansal.
in Plano, TX |
Dr. Kansal performed cataract surgery on me in August 2015. The results were amazing.. I am now able to read and do computer work without glasses. He also performed a procedure to reiieve excess pressure in my eyes.which helps to combat Glaucoma. He is a very warm and caring doctor. Takes his time with his patients. and listens. He is extremely thourough in his followup care. The office staff is exceptional. I would totally recommend Dr. Kansal to family and friends.
in Richardson, TX |
Recently had cataract surgery on both eyes and was very pleased with explanations and patient care. Wonderful results. Passed DMV eye test days later and removed vision restriction that has been in place since getting license in high school. Highly recommend this team for anyone.
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Kansal recently performed cataract surgery on both of my eyes, and it was a pain-free, stressless experience. I was able to pass the eye test at the DMV and had the restriction removed from my drivers license.
in Richardson, TX |
I recently had cataract surgery on both of my eye's by Dr kansal. I was impressed with his knowledge on the procedure and his sincerity, kindness and considerations of me as a patient. I would highly recommend him to anyone that's considering cataract surgery.
in Richardson, TX |
Dr. Kansal just preformed cataract surgery on both of my eyes last June and July. I now have 20/20 vision and do not have to wear glasses to read. After over 50 years of wearing glasses I have been elated over the success of my surgery. Dr. Kansal is one of the nicest doctors I have ever known. He is kind and consider and above all is a skilled surgeon. I highly recommend this fine doctor. On top of his skill and ability as a surgeon, he runs a top-notched office with a fantastic staff.
Richardson, TX |
Thorough, kind , Dr. Kansal demonstrates a sincere interest in his patients. He explains things clearly and completely. I had cataract surgery and am very satisfied with the results.
in Richardson, TX |
Dr K is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. He takes all the time you need until you fully understand your situation. He is calm, patient and uber knowledgeable. And he is so personable, It's a winning combination!!
Thanks for your feedback Sheri.
Dallas, TX |
Very personable and professional doctor. I did not feel rushed at all and he answered all of my questions. His staff was equally helpful and very pleasant
Thank you for you comments.
in Allen, TX |
Dr. Kansal is awesome! Very nice and personable not to mention thorough. He explains things in a way that is easy to understand. Love this doctor! Highly recommend!
Thanks Deb. Appreciate your comments
Pueblo, CO |
My whole family sees Dr.Kansal. He fit me with astigmatism contacts, and now I don't need to wear glasses. He also did my dad's cataract surgery a few months ago. My dad decided on getting an upgraded lens, and now he sees great and doesn't need his glasses either! We both highly recommend Dr.Kansal.
in Richardson, TX |
I was more than impressed with Dr Kansal. He listens so well, he is very personable, smiles a lot, asks questions and then takes the time to communicate well. He is the best eye doctor I've ever seen & i recommend him to any & everyone!
Thank you very much for your comments. It was very nice of you to post a comment.
Have you seen Dr. Rishav Kansal, MD?

Visit Dr. Kansal