Dr. Ripudaman Hundal, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & MetabolismMaleAge 54

Telehealth services available

Christiana Center for Womens Wellness

1082 Old Churchmans Rd Ste 100 Newark, DE 19713

Dr. Ripudaman Hundal, MD is a Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialist in Newark, DE and has over 32 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Hundal has more experience with Thyroid Disorders, Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring, and Osteoporosis & Screening than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Government Medical College Chandigarh, Punjab University medical school in 1989. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Bayhealth Hospital, Kent Campus and Christiana Care Health System - Christiana Hospital. He has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Hundal to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Hundal is affiliated with Christiana Care Health System - Christiana Hospital Newark, a highly rated and top awarded hospital for endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism.

• Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Critical Care Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Good Patient Care
    Patients said they had exceptional care at this hospital. See hospitals

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Delaware

Frequently Treated by Dr. Hundal

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Hundal treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Hundal treats other conditions, please contact the office at (302) 444-8156.

Thyroid Disorders

Thyroid disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the thyroid gland, including hyperparathyroidism, thyroid disease, and thyroid nodules.Compare with other Thyroid Disorders specialists.

Dr. Hundal is experienced in the area of Thyroid Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 17 conditions and procedures

Goiter
Hypothyroidism
Thyroid Goiter
Hyperparathyroidism

Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring

Diabetes specialists manage and treat a range of diabetes-related conditions including type 1 and type 2 diabetes and diabetic ketoacidosis through procedures such as continuous glucose monitoring and insulin therapy.Compare with other Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring specialists.

Dr. Hundal is experienced in the area of Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 9 conditions and procedures

Diabetes Type 2
Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
Diabetic Ketoacidosis
Diabetes Type 1

Osteoporosis & Screening

Osteoporosis specialists diagnose and treat conditions characterized by low bone density and bone weakness, such as osteoporosis and osteopenia.Compare with other Osteoporosis & Screening specialists.

Dr. Hundal is experienced in the area of Osteoporosis & Screening. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

• Lipedema
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Lipoprotein Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Osteomalacia
  • Thyroiditis
  • Thyrotoxicosis Factitia
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

Dr. Hundal accepts

Dr. Hundal accepts the following insurance:

Select

Dr. Hundal's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hundal

2.9

Dr. Hundal?
  • Office environment (28)
  • Wait times (26)
  • Explained conditions well (22)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (11)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (11)
  • Office environment (6)
After reading other reviews I see my wife is not the only one with problems with this office can't get them on phone and when you do they lie to you about what they are doing benn trying for almost 4 weeks to get test strips ordered right they say the sent paperwork to pharmacy but pharmacy said they have not heard from them since January totally out of test strips and had to call primary Dr for help I guess the only thing that would help unfortunately if someone dies from their lack of caring and they sue them luckily found a way better doxtor
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Lana King – Feb 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ripudaman Hundal, MD?
I have had several surgeries in the last two months. My caseworkers and I haven't been able to talk with anyone in the office for the last three weeks so that I can start palliative care. In the main time Dr. Hundal is the gatekeeper. But I can't get an appointment or a call back even though we've been calling leaving messages with the answering service every day for the last three weeks. I can't even get refills through the pharmacy and my kidneys are shutting down. I've never been so disappointed. I want to live too.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Long wait times
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
S. Price – Dec 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ripudaman Hundal, MD?
I have been calling the office for over a month trying to get a refill prescription for my glucose test strips. I have been out for a while so no way to test my blood sugar at this time. I get no response. My pharmacy did tell me that the office sent a refill order but that it needed to be accompanied by a Medicare form. They said they have sent that form to the office three times with no response. You cannot talk to office staff since every call goes to an answering service. I have not seen Dr Hundal in years which is fine with me since I do really appreciate his practitioner Lea, but the lack of response from the office team takes away any positive feelings about this practice.
LT – Dec 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ripudaman Hundal, MD?
Absolutely horrible office. I’ve been going there for a few years. The staff is incompetent. It takes a month to get a prescription filled and I have to call 4-5 times and scream at them to get the prescription. 80% of the time they don’t fill it correctly. It’s so frustrating. The doctor barely gives you the time of day you’ll see him for 10 min and he doesn’t listen to your problems. The only blessing about that place is the nurse practitioner. My health has gotten so much worse since I’ve been seeing this doctor.
Jul 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ripudaman Hundal, MD?
I went in with serious concerns and he said let me ask the questions first and then he would address mine. When asked about nausea and vomiting I said yes significant weight loss of 70 pounds. Even with these symptoms he addressed none of them and then never went over my questions. He also lied to me about my test results because I already had them.
Apr 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ripudaman Hundal, MD?
Highly Competent Doctor , Horrible office staff. Never return calls, Do not answer Pharmacy requests.You must argue with them to get the prescriptions to the Pharmacy. Office staff unfortuanetly are incompetent also. I hung in for over a year with this Doctor it never got any better. Sad that his office staff has ruined his overall rating.
paige howell in DE – Dec 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ripudaman Hundal, MD?
Dr. Hundal himself seems quite knowledgeable, but his staff takes months to get anything done, doesn't return phone calls, does not communicate about treatment plans and procedures so patients have no idea what to expect (I learned more on Google than from 5 nurses combined), administers clumsy painful injections, dismisses patient complaints about medication side effects, gives advice without reading patient files, and does not respect patient privacy AT ALL. Very disappointed.
Nov 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ripudaman Hundal, MD?
No problem with Dr. My problem is with call back. After leaving messages two times. This creates anxiety. Not sure anyone checks messages. Another Dr. schedule my appointment.
Nov 09, 2018
NOT GOOD AT ALL
Wilmington – Mar 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ripudaman Hundal, MD?
Takes 3 and 4 calls to get a call back for appointment. Takes multiple calls and emails to get presciptions refilled after no response to pharmacy. Office staff on one appointment refused to take blood pressure because doesnt like to do that, in front of me, the patient. When call phone line no option to talk to live person and dont get call backs for days or not at all, driving follow up calls. There are only 2 Endocrinoligists that accept my insurance in the area so i am stuck.
Newark, DE – Mar 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ripudaman Hundal, MD?
I came to see Dr. Hundal for my thyroid condition after being treated by another endocrinologist for 10 years. One of my issues with my other doctor was that he patronized me and was dismissive when I had questions about my care. Dr. Hundal is very pragmatic and thorough. If you want a physician who is warm and engaging, then his approach may not be for you. He is highly competent and welcomes my questions. I am very satisfied.His nurse practioner is good. Office staff ok, not great.
Newark, DE – Aug 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ripudaman Hundal, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Hundal by my OB, to get a second opinion on if I have gestational diabetes. His staff did not reply to the urgent appointment request for 2 weeks, so I had to call them to set it up for a Saturday 8am slot. They failed to send me for the necessary lab work so my appointment was useless. Dr. Hundal was rushed through the appointment, leaving me with many questions. I've called multiple times for my results (available a week ago) and still haven't received a call-back.
Deanna W in Wilmington, DE – Jun 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ripudaman Hundal, MD?
First Visit, 2/29/16: Listened attentively to everything I said. He and his assistant, Lea, made me feel like I was special, my opinions regarding my health were valid and neither interrupted me as I spoke. I have been following Dr. Hundal's recommendations and already see positive physical results.
K. Garrett in Wilmington, DE – Mar 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ripudaman Hundal, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Hundal?

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism