Dr. Riley Williams, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 56

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Riley Williams, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in New York, NY. He is affiliated with Hospital For Special Surgery, winner of the Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award. He is also affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Riley Williams, MD

Riley J. Williams III MD PC

525 E 71st St New York, NY 10021 ()
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Williams with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at New York - Presbyterian.

Make an appointment at New York - Presbyterian today at (718) 355-9439.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of New York - Presbyterian.

Dr. Williams' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Williams

3.4

Dr. Williams

After seeing several surgeons who said it was impossible to combine torn labrum surgery with an esteemed bad collarbone break , I saw Dr. Williams who not only did it, but did it well.
Tracy M Blake – Dec 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Riley Williams, MD?
Outstanding service and people. Polite, empathetic, upbeat. Top notch surgeon who listens and give you various options for treatment depending on your desired outcome. Awesome facility.
Robert English – Nov 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Riley Williams, MD?
A fantastic experience for shoulder arthroscopy at the Hospital for Special surgery ambulatory care center! Dr Riley Williams is an amazing surgeon! Both highly skilled and compassionate and attentive to my needs to return back to work and full function. His staff is amazing! So professional and conscientious! a well-oiled machine!!! The outpatient surgery center is immaculate and the nurses are excellent! Every part of this experience was great from the front desk staff to the surgical center staff and all of the support staff in the process including his surgical coordinator, Jessica who is so patient and organized and his surgical nurse Liliana who responded to all of my needs. No need to look further this surgeon is the best!! Thank you for giving my function back! I am grateful!
Lisa Lange – Oct 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Riley Williams, MD?
There is no better surgeon that Dr Williams. After 4 knee surgeries and 2 shoulder surgeries , at 62 I'm still able to play basketball and kickbox. Its all because of Riley Williams and his team at HSS . His bedside manner is 2nd to none. I am eternally grateful for being able to stay in the game after multiple injuries. Thanks doc amd Co.
Frank Rothman – Aug 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Riley Williams, MD?
Dr. Williams is the BEST doctor/surgeon/specialist! I went to him with a shoulder condition that would not heal. He truly listened to me, throughly examined me, and gave me 2 possible choices on how to treat my condition. He is personable, thoughtful, and informative. I was well taken care of by his staff and the staff at Hospital for Special Surgery Westside. All of my questions were answered, they took care of my paperwork, and checked in on my to see how I was progressing. I can't recommend Dr. Williams and his staff enough. In the future is I have any shoulder, elbow or knee issues, he will be my first call.
A. Mitchell – Aug 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Riley Williams, MD?
I really do not like to write negative reviews but I don't want anyone to make the same mistake I did. I had knee surgery (ACL reconstruction) and it failed. All my follow up visits were about 5 minutes long and he'd start walking toward the door at every follow up appt so that I wouldnt be able to ask him all my questions. He is completely dismissive of your concerns, questions, etc. I called so many times and the response was "stop worrying". I am so depressed about my failed surgery and so angry at myself that I picked him to do my surgery. I feel like I've lost time from my injury..the surgery...to recovery. I know he is well known but please, I dont want anyone to go through what I just did and I am a pretty level headed person. This experience was SO awful. You do NOT want to go to him. Please save yourself that money and agony. I guarantee you that you will not be happy.
Jun 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Riley Williams, MD?
Riley Williams-placing my trust in you was the biggest regret of my entire life. You grossly minimized the risk and complexity of your recommended procedure, selling a minimally invasive procedure for a small partial thickness defect of my knee. What I received was a graft three times the size discussed. In addition you removed medial meniscus that I I begged you prior to surgery not to touch. You acted with full discretion, which you DID NOT HAVE! As a result of your overly aggressive procedure, and unauthorized removal of meniscus, my knee is exceedingly worse. Now I am a prime candidate for a total knee replacement, which I was nowhere near prior to meeting you. The treatment that I received and the way you sold the procedure was reckless and immoral. Clearly you've demonstrated you were more interested in a larger payday than in my outcome. A Disalvo
May 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Riley Williams, MD?
I almost NEVER leave reviews. Ever. However, I feel compelled to express how happy we are with Dr. Williams and his staff. Dr. Williams recently performed surgery on my 17-year-old son's left shoulder. From first eval to post-op follow-up, the entire process has been terrific. Dr. Williams is a real professional, an expert in his field. He is super knowledgeable, kind, and to-the-point. His medical and office staff, too, are professional, responsive and well organized. Really--You're in excellent hands at HSS. Great surgeon. Great staff.
Sarachman Family – Apr 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Riley Williams, MD?
The front desk was efficient and friendly. Dr. Williams was patient and thorough. He addressed all of my concerns and didn’t mind me asking questions about my injury. He had performed shoulder surgery on two of my friends with successful results. When I was diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff, they suggested that I see Dr. Williams to have him evaluate my injury. I found him to be pleasant but direct. I have a follow up appointment in six weeks. I’m very happy I went to see him.
Jeff Z – Jan 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Riley Williams, MD?
Dr Williams did my third shoulder surgery. Light years better than my first two
Feb 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Riley Williams, MD?
Good Dr with bad bedside manner. Staff is very rude especially his office manager, Karen. Before your surgery they may be very accommodating but if after your surgery you encounter a problem things will change for the worst. Would never recommend this Dr. So many other Drs that are just as good and even better.
Feb 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Riley Williams, MD?
I had nothing but positive experiences with Dr. Williams and his staff. I was fit in for an appointment within a week and surgery scheduled for not even a week later for ACL Reconstruction. Dr. Williams was extremely professional, answered all of my questions, and his staff did the same. Exactly what I would want out of a surgeon.
Sam in New York, NY – Nov 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Riley Williams, MD?
I called to get an appt for my husband who needed knee replacement surgery. Dr. Williams was rec'd to me by Dr. Bryan Kelly's office.Dr. Williams required that I send test results before we could get an appt. I sent MRI and x-ray reports. My husband saw him last week. He required another set of x-rays. When they finally sat down, Dr. Williams said,"I don't do knee surgery anymore. (a lie) Here are the cards of 3 doctors I recommend." Hundreds of $'s charged to insurance! Liar, scammer and fraud!
none – Oct 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Riley Williams, MD?
Part 1: I don’t even know where to start. I rue the day that I met Dr. Williams. He ruined my life. When I came to him, I had already had 3 knee surgeries and told him that I wanted a knee replacement. He denied it immediately saying I was too young. Instead he wanted to the bio uni oats procedure which is what he’s most popular for. He made the surgery seem like no big deal and told me I would be back doing things within 3 weeks… how misled I was. He was so unbelievably cocky and arrogant.
New York – Feb 19, 2018
Staff are ignorrant and rude cant even get to see doctor hug up on 10 x
rca – Feb 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Riley Williams, MD?
I have had 2 procedures by Dr. Williams. Both times I recovered quickly and was back to training within weeks. I'm writing this review because I want to also acknowledge his staff. It is Sunday night and I just received a call back within minutes of leaving a message. Karen from Dr. William's office called, alleviated my stress, and scheduled an appointment immediately. This is nothing less than exceptional service. and care. Great team!
Jacqueline Wolfson in New York, NY – Nov 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Riley Williams, MD?
The office staff is horrible! Before even making the appointment the billing manager was extremely rude to my wife. We were told that she will decide if I’m even worth his time to see! I don not know how someone could even employ such a person with such bad manners on the phone and who lacks in the ability to speak to a human being! The last time I was I have canceled my surgery with Williams simply because of his staff and will be inquiring about my options with another surgeon within HSS.
Basking Ridge , NJ – Oct 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Riley Williams, MD?
I had a surgery with Dr. Williams. My experience with him and his staff was very bad. He was not professional with his communication or care. His staff was also so disorganized and unprofessional that I'm surprised they are working in medicine. Although my surgery failed, I would say the same thing if it had been successful. If you want a good experience I would steer clear of this doctor and staff.....likely outcome is not good.
New York – Sep 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Riley Williams, MD?
Incredibly arrogant Dr. Office team of receptionists are RUDE as can be. I Called 6x over a month to schedule cortisone shot, secretary was nasty and hung up on me after I expressed my displeasure with this process. AWFUL staff. RUDE as can be. Scheduled my shot and 3 days after the injection received certified letter that Dr. Williams dropped me as a patient. With so many great doctors in NYC you be crazy to deal with this level of service. His office staff worst ever encountered!
New York, NY – Jul 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Riley Williams, MD?
This guy is so unprofessional it is not funny. He literally spent no time with me, and after I came back because the operation did absolutely nothing to relieve my pain, not only did he not care, but he literally spent 1 minute with me, told me he would be right back and never came back. He had his assistant come back in and tell me to get another MRI. I cannot express enough how unprofessional this guy is. I would love to report him because it was such a horrible experience.
New York, NY – Jul 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Riley Williams, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Williams?