Dr. Rick Tague, MD

Dr. Rick Tague, MD

Obesity Medicine  ·
Dr. Rick Tague, MD is an obesity medicine specialist in Leawood, KS and has been practicing for 31 years. He graduated from Tulane University School Of Medicine in 1984 and specializes in obesity medicine, bariatric medicine, and more.Read his story

4963 W 135th St

Leawood, KS 66224

Learn about Dr. Tague

Dr. Tague's Experience

Dr. Tague's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Obesity Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Tague's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Tague "My professional passion is Optimum Health for those seeking weight loss and improved nutrition. Excellent health is only possible if weight is controlled and if nutrition is excellent. These truths led me to found the Center for Nutrition and Preventive Medicine, P.A. in 1996. Since that time I have counseled and supported over 20,000 patients on their journey towards weight loss and health. My education and experience, along with that of my professional team, sets us apart from weight loss franchises or diet clinics. You will appreciate our professional, compassionate, and thoughtful approach towards your improved health. If you or a loved one have struggled with unwanted weight gain, we can help. Give our office a call to set up an informative and educational consultation with one of our friendly and supportive staff. Sincerely, Rick Tague, M.D., M.P.H."

This content was provided by Dr. Tague "My goal is to help patients achieve optimum health through weight control and excellent nutrition.Achieving these goals is often challenged by genetic and environmental influences, including stress. By using the power of modern treatment strategies, individualized metabolism and weight goals become achievable. By carefully evaluating the previous challenges and current status of each patient, strategies can be developed. Then a plan is designed and implemented that is personalized for maximum outcome. My staff (MD's, registered dietitians, nurse practitioners, nutritionists, and others) and I provide support and modify the plan as needed throughout the journey toward optimum health."

• Obesity Medicine

• Exercise Counseling
  • Nutritional Counseling
  • Weight Loss Management
  • Wellness Examination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kansas.

• Kansas State University
    Other Education | Completed 1984

• Outstanding Student in Family Medicine, 1984
  • Summa Cum Laude, 1980
  • Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, 1984

Dr. Tague has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Tague does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tague and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Tague's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tague to family and friends
26 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. Tague's Performance

Dr. Tague Says:
"

Your satisfaction with the care we deliver is very important to us. We work to create personalized weight management and wellness plans that are specific for each person and their unique medical and personal needs. Excellence is our professional standard. My staff and I will always work to empower you toward your health and weight goals. A free initial consultation is provided.

"

I only started the program a week ago, but I have already lost approximately 10 lbs. The difference that I noticed with this program compared to others, is that much attention goes into blood work and body composition. When I met with Dr. Tague, he was very attentive. I told Dr. Tague that I...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0