Dr. Rick Burg, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryAge 50

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Rick Burg, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in McKinney, TX and has over 21 years of experience in the medical field. They graduated from UNIV OF MN MED SCH in 2002. They are affiliated with medical facilities such as Medical City Mckinney and Methodist McKinney Hospital. Their office accepts new patients.

Dr. Rick Burg, MD

Total Orthopedics Sports & Spine - McKinney

7300 Eldorado Pkwy Ste 165 McKinney, TX 75070

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Burg with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Medical City Frisco.

Make an appointment at Medical City Frisco today at (214) 306-6784.

These providers are on the medical staff of Medical City Frisco.

Dr. Burg's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Burg

3.6

I went to Dr. Burg because he was highly recommended. I used to be an elite level gymnast and have had many injuries. I've been having back pain for over a year now. have been told by multiple chiropractors and friends that are physical therapists that there seems to be something wrong with a disc in my back. For my first visit I saw his PA. They took an xray of just my neck, even though my pain is not in my neck. He was in a rush and barely asked about my injury history and barely examined my back. He was basically blowing off all my questions. His favorite answer was "there are alot of muscles that connect there." He also was saying that I might need an MRI but he wasn't going to order it unless he felt like I needed it after trying PT for 4 weeks. I felt like, just because I am young, he thought that I was of little concern to him. I will not be returning to this office after this experience.
Abigail Johnston – Jan 15, 2023
Find someone else
Extremely difficult to get anyone on the phone. On hold for about 30 minutes every time I called. After finally getting an appointment I saw Dr Burg and felt like he didn’t care. He had zero compassion and will I never go back.
Derrel F – Jul 06, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rick Burg, MD?
Get a 2nd and 3rd opinion before surgery!
I was recommended to Dr Burg from a friend after seeing a surgeon in Plano that I was referred to for reoccurring back pain. The original surgeon said I needed a big surgery in my abdomen and back at a small hospital in Ft Worth I never had heard of and also a urine test. Dr Burg recommended trying physical therapy before any surgeries and I have been great since starting my sessions in July of 2021
Allan – May 03, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rick Burg, MD?
Dr. Burg treated me for neck pain. I had it for many years. I went to several other places and Dr. Burg was the only surgeon that recommended artificial disc replacement. I am an attorney and he was concerned about my adjacent levels. I am pain free and couldn’t be happier. I was so scared about the thought of spine surgery. Dr. Burg has an amazing staff. I would highly recommend Dr. Burg if you are having back or neck pain.
May 03, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rick Burg, MD?
Worst Office STAFF and MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Marissa) I have had to deal with. When you call you sit on hold for at least 5 - 10 minutes each time. The doctor referred me to another Doctor for Injections and due to that Doctor not accepting my insurance, they had emailed Dr. Burg's scheduler in the office making them aware of this. I waited a month, due to Covid, thinking it was taking longer than usual for that office to contact me. I started making phone calls to find out that the Pain Management Doctor's office had sent the notice, but no one had try to contact me or find another Doctor. I had to make phone calls to several other doctors before finding one and then had to proceed of asking for the referral to be sent to the new doctor. Had three injections, followed up back with Dr. Burg, who then ordered a CT Myelogram. I was referred to Envision Imaging and was told they only do this type of test in Bedford, which is and hour and a half from where I live. Called the office ag
Patient in Pain – Oct 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rick Burg, MD?
Phenomenal, changed my life and rid me of horrible neck and shoulder pain. Am sincerely grateful for him and his staff.
Steve Duffy, MD – Sep 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rick Burg, MD?
I’ve been dealing with neck pain for the past 4 years, I’ve seen many different kinds of doctors, I’ve had numerous imaging and numerous procedures, I even had surgery by a different surgeon 11 months ago. All of which ended with the same result....NO result. I’m happy to have found Dr. Burg, I wish I would have found him years ago! I like that he goes over and looks at the imaging in office with you and shows you in detail what is wrong and why it’s wrong. Everything ran quickly and smoothly the day of surgery and everyone on Dr. Burg’s team was great!
Debbie S. – Sep 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rick Burg, MD?
Horrible bedside manner rude and arrogant. Will not prescribe medication to manage pain. Just wants to do surgery immediately.
Sep 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rick Burg, MD?
excellent surgeon, Dr. Burg changed my wife's life with a neck surgery. She has been able to return work and enjoy life again. thank you Dr. Burg.
Ray in Sunnyvale, TX – Jun 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rick Burg, MD?
Had back surgery for a brace to straighten out my spine. Dr. Burg was extremely professional and competent. In the hospital for two days, in bed at home for one day and up and walking the following day without any pain or discomfort. Did not need any pain pills and have had no problems for the last year. Would highly recommend for a consultation.
J. LoBello in Fairview – May 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rick Burg, MD?
Dr Burg and his PA Clay are amazing!!! I have been dealing with neck pain since 2014. I've tried all the non surgical options throughout the years to no avail. Dr Burg performed an ACDF at 5-T1, 3 levels. I'm 1 month out with NO PAIN. I can't tell you what a difference it has made in my life. Dr Burg is knowledgeable and was patient with all my questions. I'm SO grateful for these professionals, couldn't recommend more highly.
Shaun O'Neal in Plano, TX – Jan 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rick Burg, MD?
Dr Burg gave me my life back! He removed 2 herniated discs in my lower back and by doing so I can now walk tall with ZERO pain! He is a no nonsense person and doesn’t sugar coat anything. I appreciated his straightforward nature as I was better prepared for the recovery process.
A Rubin in McKinney, TX – Nov 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rick Burg, MD?
Dr Burg was very thorough & took his time explaining my husband’s condition & choices so we could fully decide on our options. Even to the point of hooking us up w/a primary doctor for our pre op orders since we’re relatively new to town. He seems to be a very caring individual & we’re quite pleased.
Ron & Sandy – Jun 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rick Burg, MD?
I was highly displeased with Dr. Burgs office and Ortho Texas for their disregard for patient care. I was scheduled for surgery a few weeks ago. The doctor did not show up to my pre-op appointment and the CNA/Nurse rushed my appt and told me everything about my surgery was on a piece of paper. I cancelled my surgery as the conflicting information and lack of care is at the utmost importance when going under the knife. Extremely disappointed. Invest in inter-professional communication training.
Leigh Cobbs in Allen Texas – Apr 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rick Burg, MD?
Dr. Burg was arrogant, belligerent, and all-around awful to my 84yo mother suffering with chronic pain, reducing her to tears and not caring about that, either. If surgeons are renowned for their lack of bedside manner, this guy is their poster-child. Oh – and we waited 90 minutes for the privilege!
Mar 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rick Burg, MD?
Likelihood: ZERO. Made appt. with Dr. Burg, downloaded all new patient docs & completed before going in. Rec'd text confirmation of appt. & replied "yes". Arrived 30 minutes early for 11 am appt. Staff said appt. had been cancelled. I showed them the text & they supposedly "fixed it". In reality, I got bumped. Sat the waiting room until 11:35, with no call back. Finally had to leave & go back to work. I know doctors are "important people", but my time is also valuable.
Mar 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rick Burg, MD?
Dr Burg was very thorough with me during our visit and took time to explain everything about my injury and my options he even spoke so that I could understand which is rare with alto of doctors. Thanks Dr Burg
Guy Garland in Irving, TX – May 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rick Burg, MD?
Dr. Burg is a fantastic surgeon. After exhausting all non-surgical options to relieve my neck and arm pain, he performed a 2-level cervical fusion for me. I am now pain-free and my quality of life has improved 100%. He is very direct and answered every single one of my questions thoroughly throughout the entire process. He treated me like a person, not just a patient.
C. Merrill in Allen, TX – Apr 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rick Burg, MD?
Can't speak highly enough about Dr. Burg. I had 3 years of sciatic nerve pain. 5 days after surgery with Dr. Burg, I was completely pain free. I couldn't be happier.
Cuyler in McKinney, TX – Mar 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rick Burg, MD?
I visited Dr. Burg today on Thursday, November 17, 2016. His demeanor when I first met him was annoyed and extremely arrogant. He explained everything well, but offered no practical solutions and would not give me advice on how to proceed because he "cannot interfere with the proceedings of his clients"???? He decided I should have surgery in a few months, but would not prescribe any medications to help. Like prescribing medications to help was below his pay grade. Very rude. Do not support him.
Austin T. in Plano, TX – Nov 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rick Burg, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Burg?