Dr. Richard Wupperman, MD

Dr. Richard Wupperman, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Richard Wupperman, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Austin, TX. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 15 years. Dr. Wupperman is affiliated with Seton Medical Center Austin and St. David's Medical Center.

3000 N Interstate 35 Ste 660

Austin, TX 78705

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Wupperman

See how frequently Dr. Wupperman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Scoliosis
Spine Deformities
Spondylolisthesis

Dr. Wupperman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Wupperman "Diagnosis and treat low back and neck problems utilizing the very latest technology."

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Degenerative Spine Disorders
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Kyphosis
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lower Back Injuries
  • Lumbar Disc Degeneration
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Hip Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Kyphosis Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Puncture

• Vanderbilt University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
  • Cedars-Sinai Institute For Spinal Disorders
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Wupperman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wupperman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wupperman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wupperman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wupperman to family and friends
Dr. Wupperman's Performance
in Austin, TX |
AWESOME surgeon!! A few years ago, I had a complicated lumbar fusion that was not successful. Dr. Wupperman, was called by another practice to assist in repairing my spine. I did not meet him at that time. I sought him this time for a cervical fusion. He was attentive and listened to all my concerns. He then professionally and clearly explained how the fusion could be approached. I was immediately sold to his plan. He performed the fusion and I am now doing very well.
in Austin, TX |
Dr Wupperman is the best. He has been my back doctor for over 4 years and I only have the best experiences with him. He simplifies everything to make it easy for me to understand and is always very patient with me and my questions. I would recommend him to all of my friends/family.
in Leander, TX |
Dr. Wupperman is nothing but the BEST. He has corrected what two other doctors screwed up on me and I am getting around as if nothing had ever happened to me. I go back in a few days to get the final fix which is now my neck that we have discovered never fused and hardware not properly placed. I would highly recommend Dr. Wupperman to any one and I have sent several referrals already and they have all been very pleased. Has a great bed side manners and he is a hands on doctor. Two Thumbs up
in Austin, TX |
Due to injury and disease, I have been in need of numerous spinal fusions, securing approximately 75% of my entire spine. I have used several surgeons across several cities, and I can adamately attest that Dr. Richard Wupperman by far, is the most skilled, professional in his field. I would highly recommend him to family, friends, and strangers alike! For me, The best in his field!
in New Braunfels, TX |
Dr Wupperman is a 10 in my book. He is very knowledgeable in his field and explains things very well. I would recommended him to anyone who is in need of a good trustworthy spinal surgeon.
in Austin, TX |
I searched Dr. Wupperman out having seen him 8 or so years ago and remembering how much I liked him. My memory was correct! He has a conservative approach to helping with my back pain and scoliosis. We discussed my options and I'm already better. Very kind!
in Copperas Cove, TX |
Dr. Wupperman accepted me as a patient when other surgeons refused to treat me due to the complexity of my spine problems. He is very professional in his manner, but also very approachable and kind. He has been, and continues to be , a great blessing to me. I have never doubted his suggested course of treatment , as I know he has my best interest as priority.
in Austin, TX |
I did extensive research on orthopedic surgeon's and met with many before meeting Dr. Wupperman. I felt he had more knowledge and patiently explained everything to me. There where other Dr.'s I saw that made me feel uneasy before I met Dr. Wupperman. I knew that he was there to help, he treated me like family. He checked on me many times after surgery to make sure I was good. I am pain free today because of him and barely a scar. I am truly grateful and blessed to have met him.
in Eldorado, TX |
I had major neck surgery performed by Dr. Wupperman in October 2016. I was very nervous my first appointment because another surgeon referred me to him because of the extensive surgery that I needed. From the minute Dr. Wupperman walked in the door I felt at ease. He looked at my films and sat and talked to my husband and I and answered all of our questions. While in the hospital he made sure I was comfortable and all needs were being met. Very caring, compassionate and skilled surgeon.
in austin, tx |
Dr. Wupperman is my hero! He is competent, compassionate, and has a cool sense of humor. He operated on my son and brought him relief from severe pain. As a mom, there are no words to express this depth of gratitude. Thank you Dr. Wupperman.
in Austin, TX |
I consulted with several orthopedic spine specialist before deciding to stick with Dr. Wupperman. He provided the most insight into my condition and explained treatment options in a very straightforward manner. He empathised with the intensity of the pain I was living with and addressed it as soon as possible. Moreover, he spent time walking me through my MRI in efforts to teach me how to live with a bad back and avoid exacerbating other less acute issues.
in Austin, Texas |
Dr. Wupperman is an awesome surgeon . I wouldn't trust anyone else with my spine. Recently had a major surgery from T2-S1. His surgical skill and knowledge has helped me to not be in constant pain. Thank you Dr. Wupperman !!
in Austin, TX |
When I moved to Austin, my former orthopedic MD (in Dallas) recommended Dr. Wupperman as the best orthopedic surgeon in Austin. He was right on target. Dr. Wuperman is a great surgeon and a skilled doctor. He also seems to be a kind and conscientious person. Highly recommended.
Have you seen Dr. Richard Wupperman, MD?
Are you Dr. Wupperman?

See our Orthopedic Spine Surgery Specialist at St. David's Medical Center

Visit Dr. Wupperman

Dr. Wupperman accepts 9 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    HealthKeepers Plus POS