Dr. Richard Winder, MD

Dr. Richard Winder, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. Richard Winder, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Las Vegas, NV. He is 36 years old and has been practicing for 8 years. Read his story

Desert Orthopaedic Center

2800 E Desert Inn Rd Ste 100

Las Vegas, NV 89121

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California

Learn about Dr. Winder

See how frequently Dr. Winder performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear)
Knee Disorders
Osteoarthritis
high

Dr. Winder's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Winder's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Winder "Richard P. Winder, MD, is a native of Logan, Utah. He graduated as Valedictorian from Logan High School and Cum Laude from Brigham Young University. He went on to receive his medical degree at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas. Dr. Winder completed his Orthopaedic Surgery residency at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. Following his residency, Dr. Winder was invited to participate in a sports medicine fellowship at the prestigious American Sports Medicine Institute in Birmingham, Alabama, under the direction of Dr. James R. Andrews. There he provided care to many professional, collegiate, high school, and recreational athletes and their families. Dr. Winder was specifically assigned as a team physician for Tuskegee and Auburn Universities football programs, Birmingham Barons baseball, WWE Professional Wrestling Association, and the Alabama Ballet."

This content was provided by Dr. Winder "Dr. Winder and his staff strive to treat patients with kindness and respect.  He enjoys explaining the diagnosis to the patient and deciding together with them what the best treatment choice will be."

• Sports Medicine

Dr. Winder does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment
  • Shoulder Replacement
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• Brigham Young University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2004
  • U Of Tx Southwestern Med Sch At Dallas
    Medical School | Graduated 2009
  • Mayo Clinic-Rochester
  • American Sports Medicine Institute Birmingham Al
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Winder has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Winder has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Winder does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Winder and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

St. Rose Dominican, San Martin Campus

is a Healthgrades Top-Rated Hospital

2016 Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment

View Ratings

Dr. Winder's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Winder to family and friends
Dr. Winder's Performance
in Arizona |
He was friendly, professional and answered all of my questions.
Henderson, NV |
Dr Winder cares about his patients. Always offered me options for my problem knee along with the cost, rehab time, but never tried to push me into a decision. I highly recommend Dr Winder
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Winder replaces both of my knees this year. That was 3 weeks ago for the last one. He is skilled and nurses and staff relayed he is one of the best in Las Vegas. He was also kind, thoughtful, I wish all my Dr.s were as warm yet professional. He also has Eric and Arioli on his team. They always respond to my calls. One time after hours. If I need anything in the future, I know Dr. Winder would be my first call.
in North Las Vegas |
Dr. Winder is a direct, succinct, and efficient physician. I feel he genuinely cared about my situation and effectively dealt with my injury in a fastidious and immediate manner. He and his P.A.'s Eric and Aureli are a cohesive team and helped manage my care with as much competence as Dr. Winder.
Excellent doctor
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr Winder has been fabulous. He is always friendly, remembers who I am even if I don’t see him frequently. Makes sure he takes his time with you and answers any questions.
Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Winder is compassionate and caring. He took the time to listen to my concerns and ideas. I did not feel rushed. The treatment plan developed works for me.
in Las Vegas, NV |
This was my first visit. Dr. Winder explained my condition and answered all of my questions. Since he did not do the type of surgery I need, he referred me to another doctor in orthopedic center who I will be seeing next week.
Henderson, NV |
Respectfully, issue was not addressed. I stated that my pain was in the back of my knee and he gave me pages of exercises for physical therapy for patellar/front of knee.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Winder is outstanding. Prompt, professional, knowledgeable and funny. He made me feel comfortable, took care of the shoulder issue, and got me on my way. Thank you sir!
in Henderson, NV |
Very caring and patient. He takes time to listen and explain the situation.
Las Vegas, NV |
Dr Winder was competent and thorough
Henderson NV |
I've been very satisfied with everything at DOC. Staff are friendly and efficient. Dr. Winder comes highly recommended and I can see why.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Winder was excellent! Once the exam and decisions were made, we moved swiftly to correct my shoulder problem. Also had a great physical therapy experience. I would recommend Dr. Winder and the team to anyone needing orthopedic attention.
wonderful!
Henderson, NV |
I had a torn ACL and medial meniscus playing soccer. I got in to see Dr. Winder the next week. He explained what had happened internally, what to expect and my options. He was patient and kind. I had the surgery (acl reconst with hamstring autograft) 2 weeks later. Surgery went smoothly. Had my 2-week follow up and he answered all my questions and checked/verified all is well. PT is tough but at least the surgery was a success. I'm happy with my experience with Dr Winder.
in Henderson, NV |
He is very good in his field. Before my surgery I've read his bio so I was confident that I was in good hands and I was not mistaken. He asks about my pain and he listens to my concerns and gives appropriate solutions.
in Henderson, NV |
My son broke his wrist at a birthday party at Glowzone. Dr. Winder was extremely caring with an excellent bedside manner. He had a quick rapport with my son and explained the X-rays in depth to us. He and his staff were extremely friendly and efficient, while simultaneously not being in a hurry. We were well taken care of and I highly recommend Dr. Winder.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr Winder gave me a cortisone shot in my knee..he nor no one on his staff told me to stay off knee or any of the possible bad side effects. It has been 11 days and my leg from knee down is on fire and has been for 9 days. Also all this time I have had the feeling of ice water running through my leg. His office just tells me to go to pt but I just want to know what went wrong and is this permanent. I have decided that I cannot go on if I have to live like this the rest of my life..
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr Winder has worked with me for several months
in Las Vegas, NV |
I had Dr. Winder perform a full right shoulder replacement on August 10th. It's been three months and I could not be happier. Although I'm still healing, the horrible pain I had been experiencing is gone. Thanks and a big 5 stars for this surgeon!
Have you seen Dr. Richard Winder, MD?
Are you Dr. Winder?

Las Vegas, NV 89148
Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center
5400 S Rainbow Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89118

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Winder at Desert Orthopaedic Center