Dr. Richard Winder, MD

Dr. Richard Winder, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Richard P. Winder, MD, is a native of Logan, Utah. He graduated as Valedictorian from Logan High School and Cum Laude from Brigham Young University. He went on to receive his medical degree at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas. Dr. Winder completed his Orthopaedic Surgery residency at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. Following his residency, Dr. Winder was invited to participate in a sports medicine fellowship at the prestigious American Sports Medicine Institute in Birmingham, Alabama, under the direction of Dr. James R. Andrews. There he provided care to many professional, collegiate, high school, and recreational athletes and their families. Dr. Winder was specifically assigned as a team physician for Tuskegee and Auburn Universities football programs, Birmingham Barons baseball, WWE Professional Wrestling Association, and the Alabama Ballet.

Desert Orthopaedic Center

2800 E Desert Inn Rd Ste 100

Las Vegas, NV 89121

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California

Learn about Dr. Winder

Dr. Winder and his staff strive to treat patients with kindness and respect.  He enjoys explaining the diagnosis to the patient and deciding together with them what the best treatment choice will be.

Dr. Winder's Experience

Dr. Winder's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Sports Medicine

Dr. Winder does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adhesive Capsulitis

• Labrum Repair
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Replacement
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• Brigham Young University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2004
  • U Of Tx Southwestern Med Sch At Dallas
    Medical School | Graduated 2009
  • Mayo Clinic-Rochester
  • American Sports Medicine Institute Birmingham Al
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Winder has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Winder has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Winder does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Winder and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Winder's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Winder to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Winder's Performance
in Las Vegas, NV |
This was my first visit. Dr. Winder explained my condition and answered all of my questions. Since he did not do the type of surgery I need, he referred me to another doctor in orthopedic center who I will be seeing next week.
Henderson, NV |
Respectfully, issue was not addressed. I stated that my pain was in the back of my knee and he gave me pages of exercises for physical therapy for patellar/front of knee.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Winder is outstanding. Prompt, professional, knowledgeable and funny. He made me feel comfortable, took care of the shoulder issue, and got me on my way. Thank you sir!
in Las Vegas, NV |
It was a first visit for me. Everything went smoothly. Dr. Winder was very personable and professional. He took the time to listen to my assessment of my problem as well as what I had done to help myself and what didn't work. He was supportive and reassuring. I appreciated that he did not push for surgical intervention until I am ready. I will recommend him to others.
in Henderson, NV |
Very caring and patient. He takes time to listen and explain the situation.
Las Vegas, NV |
Dr Winder was competent and thorough
Henderson NV |
I've been very satisfied with everything at DOC. Staff are friendly and efficient. Dr. Winder comes highly recommended and I can see why.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Winder was excellent! Once the exam and decisions were made, we moved swiftly to correct my shoulder problem. Also had a great physical therapy experience. I would recommend Dr. Winder and the team to anyone needing orthopedic attention.
Las Vegas, NV |
wonderful!
Henderson, NV |
I had a torn ACL and medial meniscus playing soccer. I got in to see Dr. Winder the next week. He explained what had happened internally, what to expect and my options. He was patient and kind. I had the surgery (acl reconst with hamstring autograft) 2 weeks later. Surgery went smoothly. Had my 2-week follow up and he answered all my questions and checked/verified all is well. PT is tough but at least the surgery was a success. I'm happy with my experience with Dr Winder.
in Henderson, NV |
He is very good in his field. Before my surgery I've read his bio so I was confident that I was in good hands and I was not mistaken. He asks about my pain and he listens to my concerns and gives appropriate solutions.
in Henderson, NV |
My son broke his wrist at a birthday party at Glowzone. Dr. Winder was extremely caring with an excellent bedside manner. He had a quick rapport with my son and explained the X-rays in depth to us. He and his staff were extremely friendly and efficient, while simultaneously not being in a hurry. We were well taken care of and I highly recommend Dr. Winder.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr Winder gave me a cortisone shot in my knee..he nor no one on his staff told me to stay off knee or any of the possible bad side effects. It has been 11 days and my leg from knee down is on fire and has been for 9 days. Also all this time I have had the feeling of ice water running through my leg. His office just tells me to go to pt but I just want to know what went wrong and is this permanent. I have decided that I cannot go on if I have to live like this the rest of my life..
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr Winder has worked with me for several months
in Las Vegas, NV |
I had Dr. Winder perform a full right shoulder replacement on August 10th. It's been three months and I could not be happier. Although I'm still healing, the horrible pain I had been experiencing is gone. Thanks and a big 5 stars for this surgeon!
Have you seen Dr. Richard Winder, MD?
Are you Dr. Winder?

Las Vegas, NV 89119
Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center
5400 S Rainbow Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89118

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Winder at Desert Orthopaedic Center

Orthopedic Surgery Specialist