Dr. Richard Wilk, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 60

Dr. Wilk

Brigham & Womens Hospital

60 Fenwood Rd Boston, MA 02115

Dr. Richard Wilk, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Boston, MA and has been practicing for 28 years. He graduated from Thomas Jefferson University in 1985 and specializes in orthopedic surgery and orthopedic sports medicine.

Dr. Wilk accepts

Dr. Wilk accepts the following insurance:

Tufts Health Plan
Tufts PPO
WellPoint

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Wilk's experience treating your condition or procedure

Knee Disorders

Dr. Wilk treats Knee Disorders more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Wilk treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain

Dr. Wilk treats Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Wilk treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Knee Pain

Dr. Wilk's conditions and procedures:

• ACL Surgery
  • Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear

Dr. Wilk's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Richard Wilk, MD
awful
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
This was my second appointment with Dr. Wilk. I was less than satisfied with his bedside manner on the first visit, but was willing to try again since I have always experienced a high standard of care from the physicians at B&W. This visit was even more disappointing than the first. Dr.Wilk became angry and was rude and hostile in his approach to me when I repeated to him something that I had been told by other members of his own practice. He was not in agreement with their opinion.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
Dr. Wilk lacked emotional intelligence, evident by his arrogant, uncaring manner. When I told him I felt a little uncomfortable being touched where my pain was, he made a callous and wildly inappropriate “joke” that in the moment I was too flabbergasted to properly respond to- but my best response was choosing another doctor to go to for surgery. He is clearly uncaring, with terrible bedside manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
Extremely pleased with the process leading up to surgery. The first appointment was quick and left me unsure. I wasn't used to a doctor being so straightforward and to the point. But with the follow-up appointments and recommendations for surgery, I felt very trusting and extremely confident in Dr. Wilk and his recommendations. His demeanor before I was wheeled into surgery made me feel even more comfortable that I was in good hands. Very pleased with my recovery! He is fantastic!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
I recently had hip surgery with Dr. Wilk. Two weeks later and the pain I have dealt with over the past year and a half is virtually gone. Dr. Wilk is easy to work with but the process can be challenging. Pain is very personal and we all want a quick solution but you have to put faith in Dr. Wilk’s expertise and work with him. This is his job and he’s the professional and in my opinion a good person. For those with personality conflicts, my advice, love yourself and move on.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
I saw Dr. Wilk on 3 occasions. I should of know he was going to be a problem when during my 1st appointment a patient came running out of exam area saying she will never see him again and how awful a doctor he was. I figured the patient was just high maintenance so, though I was nervous I gave him a try. He is a typical surgeon who thinks he’s god. He doesn’t want to hear about pass diagnosis and testing from other doctors. Doesnt want to accept the Interpretation of my MRI from BWH radiology.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
He has a really horrible bedside manner. I’m fine with a doctor not being super friendly, as long as they offer great medical care. I cannot say I feel as if Dr Wilk provides even mediocre care, at best. He made it seem like my pain was no big deal and made several rude comments to me throughout my visit. I think he is a true surgeon and downplays anything not needing surgery. I am left feeling confused, without medical guidance despite paying my copay to see a doctor. Ridiculous.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
Dr. Wilk was informative, helpful and friendly. His expertise was evident. He took the time to explain the situation with my hip and the options. Unfortunately, my hip is too far gone for him to help but he laid out the options and some of the pros and cons associated with those options.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
Dr. Wilk had not reviewed any of my file or my images. He interacted with my body roughly during the physical exam. He explained my hip issues fairly well but acted completely skeptical of my history of medial knee dislocations despite my Ehlers-Danlos diagnosis. He spent about five minutes in the room. His attitude seemed to be either the person needs drastic surgery or they aren't worth his time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
I suffered with hip problems and pain for years. I saw numerous physicians who were not comfortable operating on what ultimately appeared to be numerous co-occurring conditions. Dr. Wilk was comfortable and confident in performing arthroscopic surgery. Not only is my hip better, but my lower back pain (which had been attributed to scoliosis) is markedly improved as the surgery alleviated referred pain. He is patient, thorough and kind.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
I've been suffering hip pain for 17 years after a car accident. In Oct 2017 the pain and stiffness became unbearable. My doctor recommended me to Dr. Wilk and I'm so very glad he did! Dr. Wilk is compassionate and did everything he could to help me. I'm still recovering from the surgery but I am the most pain free I have been in years and no longer need any pain medicine for the first time in forever. I highly recommend Dr. Wilk to anyone looking for a dedicated skilled orthopedic doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
I traveled a distance to have Dr Wilk 'clean up' my knee that has had problems for some time. I had previously been told by other orthos there was 'nothing' they could do. Wilk cleaned up the joint, stopped the 'click' and took away almost all pain. The knee will never be 100% - too bad Wilk didn't get it first before others ruined it. Nice guy - INCREDIBLE nurses and support staff. Day surgery team were the BEST!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
Doctor wilk is far by the best surgeon he gets to the point and makes you feel comfortable! His surgical staff made me feel comfortable I had a great experience pre op and post op!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
I had read all of the reviews and thought Dr. Wilk would be a great choice for my knee pain. I don't know who these people saw but the Dr. Wilk I met was a condescending jackass! He was abrupt spent 3 minutes with me upon our first meeting. I won't waste my time going into his arrogance and non existent bed side manner. I've changed physicians any doctor who tells you that you couldn't possibly be "in that much pain" with a torn meniscus and knee sprain run don't walk, no wonder he had openings!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
Super smart and thorough! Listened to symptoms, activities, etc. and didn't jump to conclusions but instead formulated a well thought out diagnosis and clearly explained everything he was seeing to help develop a clear path forward for treatment. Open to questions and help explain so I was comfortable before I walked out the door. Highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
Dr. Wilk did an arthroscopic rotator cuff repair on my left shoulder five weeks ago. Because of the care he took in surgery and the experience of the other surgical team members I can say that I would recommend them to all who need this procedure. From the second week post op I've had unlimited range-of-motion, and been pain free since the day after surgery therefore having no need for pain meds which in my mind has made my recovery all the more positive.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
I took my daughter to Dr. Wilk for a consultation for an ongoing MCL and meniscus issue. He was very professional and approachable. Ended up not needing surgery, but was very impressed with Dr. Wilk's knowledge and disposition.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
I have been seeing Dr.Wilk for about 20 years now for many orthopedic issues and he has been very professional and compassionate to me and my family. I have had many surgeries done by him and had complete recovery with no problems at all from them. Myself and my mother have been fit in many times for issues that needed to be seen fast. He is one of the most caring doctors I have ever had and would Highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
Dr. Wilk operated on my knee after I had a ski accident- I had completely torn my ACL and partially torn my MCL and miniscus. His personal attention and expertise made the experience the best it could be! Thanks to him, I am back to skiing and playing tennis! I am grateful to him for fixing my knee - so professional and kind. I knew just what to expect from the process as he explained it all clearly. I would recommend him whole heartedly!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
Dr Wilkes is unbelieveable. The whole process from beginning to end Dr Wilkes and his staff did everything in their power to make it easy for me. Going forward I would not hesitate to recommend Dr Wilkes to all my family and friends. He's the definition of professional and he takes pride in the work he does.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Wilk?

Brigham & Womens Hospital

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Wilk treats patients.