Dr. Richard Wilk, MD

Dr. Wilk
Telehealth services available

Brigham and Women's Hospital, Orthopaedic and Arthritis Center

60 Fenwood Rd Fl 2 Boston, MA 02115

Dr. Richard Wilk, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Boston, MA and has over 35 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Wilk has more experience with Knee/Lower Limbs than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa medical school in 1985. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Brigham And Women's Faulkner Hospital and Brigham And Women's Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Wilk to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Orthopedic Surgeons in your area

See similar Orthopedic Surgeons in Boston

• Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Friendly Staff
    Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews

Dr. Wilk accepts

Dr. Wilk accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts PPO
WellPoint

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Knee/Lower Limbs

Knee and lower limb surgeons perform procedures such as total knee replacement, partial knee replacement, and tendor repair, to treat conditions including arthritis, ligament tears, or bone fractures.Compare with other Knee/Lower Limbs specialists.

Typically treats 72% more than their peers

Osteoarthritis of Knee

Dr. Wilk treats Osteoarthritis of Knee more than 100% of their peers

Dr. Wilk treats this condition more than 100% of their peers

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain

Dr. Wilk treats Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain more than 99% of their peers

Dr. Wilk treats this condition more than 99% of their peers

Check Dr. Wilk's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Wilk's conditions and procedures:

• ACL Surgery
  • Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Richard Wilk, MD...

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer weekend visits?

Communicate via email?

Offer an online patient portal?

Dr. Wilk's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Wilk

3.7

Dr. Wilk?
What People Say About Dr. Richard Wilk, MD
Visited Dr Wilk's for shoulder issues Dec of 19 & Mar of 20. Had MRI and X rays at Brigham's before the Appointment. Dr Wilk's explained what the MRI was showing and all my options and gave me the referrals needed for physical therapy. All my questions were answered in terms easy to understand. He gave me exercises to do on my own. I highly recommend Dr Wilk's he is extremely informative and easy to talk with.
John – Apr 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
Dr Wilk, from day-one, was completely professional in words and actions--Any trepidation II had before the procedure was assuaged--I have about 99% movement in my shoulder and it feels great
Douglas Lemle – Mar 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
I had a great experience with Dr. Wilk and his staff in Foxboro. I had a torn labram and needed surgery to repair it. The office is very professional. Dr. Wilk and his staff do a great job. I felt well taken care of by Dr Wilk and he was able to help me understand the surgery and what I would have to do post surgery. X-rays were in house and very little office waiting in between the nurse, the doctor and the xrays. Everything about the day surgery was smooth. Surgery was at 7am and I was home by noon. I would recommend his service to anyone needing to head down this path. I am recovering well and following the doctor's orders and look forward to a full recovery and getting back to my active lifestyle.
Michelle from Braintree – Feb 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
Over a year ago, I was in severe pain with my hip. I was referred to Dr. Wilk and he was extremely thorough in explaining and working with me to figure out the best solution to getting me walking without pain. After surgery and several months of PT, I had my one year anniversary post-hip surgery appointment today with Dr. Wilk and I am happy to say I am pain-free!
Jan 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
Saw Dr Wilk in June for a Left Rotator Cuff repair and have been very happy. Pre-treatment went very well and I felt as if my concerns were all completely addressed pre-surgery. On the day of the surgery, everything went perfectly and I experienced very little pain Post Surgery. On my follow up, Dr Wilk showed me exactly what he needed to do to repair my shoulder. PT was successful and I am returning to work tomorrow with full confidence in the repair. I can highly recommend Dr Wilk if you have any shoulder issues.
Joe McG. – Dec 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
He was the one doctor that scheduled me in to see him within a week.He listened to my situation with my hip.The pain was a killer more than a 10 more like 20.I could not move unless I held on to something.I brought a MRI with me and he spent over 5 minutes studying it.I had a Hip Labral Tear and every doctor said I was to old to do anything. I'm 82 and in excellent shape.
Michael McEneny – Nov 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
Today I had my one year anniversary post-hip surgery appointment with Dr. Wilk. As always, he was fully attentive and truly showed he cares about me and the pain, which has improved tremendously. He did a superb job on my hip, which in turn has helped with my chronic back and knee pain. He warned me it would be a lot of work during my 6 months of rehabilitative therapy, but the work paid off and I’m feeling positive moving forward. I highly recommend Dr. Wilk if you need hip surgery. He’s great to work with and keeps things moving in a positive and honest direction. He’s a great surgeon and very friendly guy!
Lauren – Oct 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
I found Dr. Wilk to be attentive and informative. I was satisfied with the time he spent with me and his explanation of my situation. I actually found that he provided me with more information and insight than the orthopedic that referred me to him. I certainly do not agree with other reviewers that commented negatively on his bedside manner, which by the way is far less important than his medical experience. I would highly recommend him as an orthopedic.
Aug 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
I came to Dr. Wilk for a second opinion and was very satisfied. I greatly appreciate his approach. He is direct and to the point. He picked up on things that the first doctor hadn’t even discussed with me. I’m 100% confident I’m in good hands and appreciate his approach.
Aug 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
Dr Wilk performed shoulder replacement surgery for me, and did an excellent job. He is a very skilled surgeon, and I’m recovering well. His office is busy, and efficient, and I’ve had an excellent overall experience.
Jerry C. in Southborough, MA – Aug 09, 2019
awful
Foxboro – Jun 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
This was my second appointment with Dr. Wilk. I was less than satisfied with his bedside manner on the first visit, but was willing to try again since I have always experienced a high standard of care from the physicians at B&W. This visit was even more disappointing than the first. Dr.Wilk became angry and was rude and hostile in his approach to me when I repeated to him something that I had been told by other members of his own practice. He was not in agreement with their opinion.
Feb 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
Dr. Wilk lacked emotional intelligence, evident by his arrogant, uncaring manner. When I told him I felt a little uncomfortable being touched where my pain was, he made a callous and wildly inappropriate “joke” that in the moment I was too flabbergasted to properly respond to- but my best response was choosing another doctor to go to for surgery. He is clearly uncaring, with terrible bedside manner.
Jan 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
Extremely pleased with the process leading up to surgery. The first appointment was quick and left me unsure. I wasn't used to a doctor being so straightforward and to the point. But with the follow-up appointments and recommendations for surgery, I felt very trusting and extremely confident in Dr. Wilk and his recommendations. His demeanor before I was wheeled into surgery made me feel even more comfortable that I was in good hands. Very pleased with my recovery! He is fantastic!
Mashpee, MA – Jan 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
I recently had hip surgery with Dr. Wilk. Two weeks later and the pain I have dealt with over the past year and a half is virtually gone. Dr. Wilk is easy to work with but the process can be challenging. Pain is very personal and we all want a quick solution but you have to put faith in Dr. Wilk’s expertise and work with him. This is his job and he’s the professional and in my opinion a good person. For those with personality conflicts, my advice, love yourself and move on.
Lauren in North Attleboro, MA – Nov 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
I saw Dr. Wilk on 3 occasions. I should of know he was going to be a problem when during my 1st appointment a patient came running out of exam area saying she will never see him again and how awful a doctor he was. I figured the patient was just high maintenance so, though I was nervous I gave him a try. He is a typical surgeon who thinks he’s god. He doesn’t want to hear about pass diagnosis and testing from other doctors. Doesnt want to accept the Interpretation of my MRI from BWH radiology.
Still in pain – Nov 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
He has a really horrible bedside manner. I’m fine with a doctor not being super friendly, as long as they offer great medical care. I cannot say I feel as if Dr Wilk provides even mediocre care, at best. He made it seem like my pain was no big deal and made several rude comments to me throughout my visit. I think he is a true surgeon and downplays anything not needing surgery. I am left feeling confused, without medical guidance despite paying my copay to see a doctor. Ridiculous.
Anonymous – Aug 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
Dr. Wilk was informative, helpful and friendly. His expertise was evident. He took the time to explain the situation with my hip and the options. Unfortunately, my hip is too far gone for him to help but he laid out the options and some of the pros and cons associated with those options.
Gari in Concord, MA – Jul 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
Dr. Wilk had not reviewed any of my file or my images. He interacted with my body roughly during the physical exam. He explained my hip issues fairly well but acted completely skeptical of my history of medial knee dislocations despite my Ehlers-Danlos diagnosis. He spent about five minutes in the room. His attitude seemed to be either the person needs drastic surgery or they aren't worth his time.
Grace in ROSLINDALE, MA – Jul 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
I suffered with hip problems and pain for years. I saw numerous physicians who were not comfortable operating on what ultimately appeared to be numerous co-occurring conditions. Dr. Wilk was comfortable and confident in performing arthroscopic surgery. Not only is my hip better, but my lower back pain (which had been attributed to scoliosis) is markedly improved as the surgery alleviated referred pain. He is patient, thorough and kind.
Lisa Cole in natick – Feb 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Wilk?

• Orthopedic Sports Medicine

• Orthopaedic Sports Medicine

1991
Tufts New England Medical Center Sports Medicine
1986
New Engl Med Ctr
1985
Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa
New England Med Ctr Hosps, Orthopedic Surgery New England Med Ctr Hosps, General Surgery

• Best of Boston orthopedic surgeons, 2003

More Information

• Does Dr. Wilk communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Wilk communicates via email

• Does Dr. Wilk offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Wilk offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Wilk offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Wilk offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Wilk have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Wilk has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Wilk offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Wilk offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Wilk offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Wilk offers evening visits