Dr. Richard Wilk, MD

Dr. Richard Wilk, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Richard Wilk, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Boston, MA. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 32 years.

60 Fenwood Rd

Boston, MA 02115

• Tufts Health Plan
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Wilk

See how frequently Dr. Wilk performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear)
Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain
Knee Disorders

Dr. Wilk's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Orthopedic Sports Medicine

• Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Shoulder Surgery
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• Emory University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990
  • Tufts Nemc Sports Fell
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1991

• Best of Boston orthopedic surgeons, 2003

Dr. Wilk has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wilk does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wilk and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wilk's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wilk to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Wilk's Performance
MA |
Doctor wilk is far by the best surgeon he gets to the point and makes you feel comfortable! His surgical staff made me feel comfortable I had a great experience pre op and post op!
North Attleboro, MA |
I had read all of the reviews and thought Dr. Wilk would be a great choice for my knee pain. I don't know who these people saw but the Dr. Wilk I met was a condescending jackass! He was abrupt spent 3 minutes with me upon our first meeting. I won't waste my time going into his arrogance and non existent bed side manner. I've changed physicians any doctor who tells you that you couldn't possibly be "in that much pain" with a torn meniscus and knee sprain run don't walk, no wonder he had openings!
Boston, MA |
Super smart and thorough! Listened to symptoms, activities, etc. and didn't jump to conclusions but instead formulated a well thought out diagnosis and clearly explained everything he was seeing to help develop a clear path forward for treatment. Open to questions and help explain so I was comfortable before I walked out the door. Highly recommend.
in Methuen, MA |
Dr. Wilk did an arthroscopic rotator cuff repair on my left shoulder five weeks ago. Because of the care he took in surgery and the experience of the other surgical team members I can say that I would recommend them to all who need this procedure. From the second week post op I've had unlimited range-of-motion, and been pain free since the day after surgery therefore having no need for pain meds which in my mind has made my recovery all the more positive.
Concord, MA |
I took my daughter to Dr. Wilk for a consultation for an ongoing MCL and meniscus issue. He was very professional and approachable. Ended up not needing surgery, but was very impressed with Dr. Wilk's knowledge and disposition.
in Burlington, MA |
I have been seeing Dr.Wilk for about 20 years now for many orthopedic issues and he has been very professional and compassionate to me and my family. I have had many surgeries done by him and had complete recovery with no problems at all from them. Myself and my mother have been fit in many times for issues that needed to be seen fast. He is one of the most caring doctors I have ever had and would Highly recommend him!
in Needham |
Dr. Wilk operated on my knee after I had a ski accident- I had completely torn my ACL and partially torn my MCL and miniscus. His personal attention and expertise made the experience the best it could be! Thanks to him, I am back to skiing and playing tennis! I am grateful to him for fixing my knee - so professional and kind. I knew just what to expect from the process as he explained it all clearly. I would recommend him whole heartedly!!
in Burlington , MA |
Dr Wilkes is unbelieveable. The whole process from beginning to end Dr Wilkes and his staff did everything in their power to make it easy for me. Going forward I would not hesitate to recommend Dr Wilkes to all my family and friends. He's the definition of professional and he takes pride in the work he does.
in Wakefield, MA |
Dr Wilk is an amazing doctor. He changed my life, literally, with my knee replacement. His confidence was so reassuring. He answered every question and he and his staff were totally accessible to questions or concerns. I was so apprehensive at first but, with all the information provided, I went forward with the procedure. I am so glad I did. The process was much less traumatic than I anticipated plus I had great care pre-during-and post hospital. I had full recovery with no complications. Thank
in Chelmsford, MA |
I sustained a complicated shoulder injury. I visited 2 physicians, but they were unable to help me. The 2nd doctor I saw recommended her colleague, Dr. Wilk. She told me, " I would go to him. " Her NP reiterated, he is excellent. When another MD and an NP have that kind of confidence in a surgeon, I knew I wanted to see him! He patiently explained the surgery, complications & recovery. Lenore Delgrosso NP works w/ him..she is kind & knowledgeable. I'm grateful for their expert care.
in Leominster, Ma |
Dr. Wilk is experienced and very professional. His knowledge of what to expect is accurate every time.
in Londonderry, NH |
I was referred to Dr. Wilk for evaluation of my labral tear with the possibility of arthroscopic repair or hip replacement. I found him knowledgeable, open and honest, and quite personable. He spent time with me, going over my options after reviewing the scans and x-rays that I had brought with me. He requested that we do a current scan and some x-rays, and then review them in order to help me make the right decision. His PA was wonderful as well, a truly caring professional. Thank you both.
in Boston, MA |
After months of hip/groin pain and visas to several other orthopedic specialists I was referred to Dr Wilk. I am glad I was. I got a diagnosis of FAI, and opted for corrective surgery. Tomorrow will be 14 days since surgery, and while I have a long way to go to full recovery, I am feeling better already. I think Dr Wilk is highly skilled at what he does. I have minimal discomfort from the procedure itself. The incisions are healed. I have minimal bruising. Great job Dr. Wilk !
Arlington, MA |
Dr Wilk may very well be an ok surgeon but he is only a mechanic, a technician with no idea of the patient as a person. Was unresponsive when asked about the healing process, gave no information about what to expect post op, and implied ongoing pain was the patient's issue, not his
in Windham, NH |
I knew the morning after surgery that Dr. Wilk and his team were very talented. I was very pleased with the limited pain and quick recovery.
in Newton Center, MA |
Took his time and actually listened to me. I did not feel rushed at all.
in Acton, MA |
Professional, talented, VERY experienced - a leader in his field. Dr. Wilk was my physician/surgeon for an arthroscopic hip procedure (FAI) and expertly navigated me through the details leading up to surgery, explaining everything he would do and why, and what I should expect. The surgery went great; he was thorough going above/beyond what he expected was necessary. Post-op he has seen me every few weeks (and still is) to ensure my recovery is going as planned. A+ Recommended. Thank You!
Have you seen Dr. Richard Wilk, MD?
Are you Dr. Wilk?