Dr. Richard Westmark, MD

Dr. Richard Westmark, MD

Neurosurgery  |

Dr. Richard Westmark, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Houston, TX. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Westmark is affiliated with Clear Lake Regional Medical Center and Houston Methodist St. John Hospital.

Houston Spine & Neuro Surgery Center

18333 Egret Bay Blvd Ste 200

Houston, TX 77058

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • CoreSource
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HAP Insurance
  • MedHealthInsurance

Learn about Dr. Westmark

Dr. Westmark's Experience

Dr. Westmark's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Aneurysm
  • Ankylosing Vertebral Hyperostosis
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease

• Carotid Ultrasound
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic

Medical School | Graduated 1988
  • University Of Michigan Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Massachusetts General Hospital Boston

Dr. Westmark has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Westmark does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Westmark and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Westmark's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Westmark to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Westmark's Performance
in Deer Park, TX |
I seen Dr. westmark here recently and I was totally impressed with his office staff and with him . Everyone was polite and friendly and Dr. westmark was very informative on the conditions of my care. I would recommend him to all my family and friends .
in Seabrook, TX |
Dr. Westmark and his PA Jerry, were wonderful people to deal with. Surgery went fine and smooth. Will recommend him to all my friends if they get hurt. They over explained the procedure to the point you knew, that they knew, what they were doing.
in La Marque |
It's amazing to read all these fake reviews. Dr. Westmark caused me much pain and compounded already significant issues. I am in more pain 4 years out from the laminectomy he performed than when I 1st saw him . I advise anyone to please please please get a 2nd opinion before letting this arrogant, cold hearted doctor operate on you. Staff also rude and unprofessional.
Pearland,TX |
I highly recommend Dr. Westmark if you're in need of a neurosurgeon. He made me feel very comfortable discussing my issue with my lower back. It was my first time meeting him and I felt like I had known him for many years. He's extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and has a great sense of humor. He was very patient with me and listened to what I had to say and did not rush my visit with him at all. I will see him again for any issues I may have with my back.
in Deer Park, TX |
Went to Dr. Westmark after seeing a Orthopedic doctor about a pain I was experiencing. As it turns out, I was diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis in my lower back. For me, first impressions mean a lot. With my first appointment I knew I was going to like this doctor. I felt very comfortable while discussing my problem and his attitude was something that impressed me. His sense of humor along with his knowledge of his profession was to me unmatched. Would not hesitate using him again.
in La marque |
The experience with Dr Westmark, as well as his staff was great. I would highly recommend this office for anyone in need of a neurosurgeon. The staff made the experience easy, welcoming, and professional. While Dr Westmark was extremely knowledgeable and to the point with my issue. He made it clear that he was always there whoever I may need him in the future. He also spoke on a personal level that showed that he cares about his patients, his practice, and the staff that worked for him.
in League City, TX |
I've had several appointment with Dr. Westmark several years ago. My last and final appointment resulted in Dr. west mark and his staff leaving me sitting in an exam room with the door to the hallway closed FOR OVER 2 HOURS! Finally, I left the exam room. Some time later I sent a request for medical records which, to date, has been ignored for over a year. Talented Dr but pompous and uncaring. Go see another provider!
Houston, TX |
It always seems like the staff is overbooked and over worked. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
in Texas City, TX |
I love Dr. Westmark. I have gone through two back surgeries and each time it has been a bounce back with very little down time. I have herniated disc in my lower back L 1 - 5 and when they decide to go out its truly out. He has removed spurs and scar tissue from my back. I did not answer the ? about wait time. You have to understand Dr. Westmark does not treat his patients like cattle on a tread mill he takes the time he needs to treat you and make sure you understand about your own body.
in Houston, TX |
Highly recommended; I?m 73 and he was a second opinion and more thorough than a widely advertised spine institute. He planned fusion, but after several hours of surgery decided that a lumbar laminectomy and discectomy of L4, L5, S1 was adequate. Instead of staying 2-3 days in the hospital, I woke up and went home the same day (he doesn?t do surgery unless it?s necessary). Before surgery, he clearly explained my problem, my options, and my recovery. He is very busy, but worth the long wait.
in Santa Fe |
Recommended I have a 3 level fusion, made it sound like if I didn't I could be paralyzed. Post surgery has been worse than I ever imagined. I have had significant neck pain, stomach pain and shoulders. No post surgery help for the issues the surgery caused. I would stay away from fusion there are much better choices available. Wish I had done more research.
in Alvin, TX |
Appreciate the time he spent with me and explaining my situation and recommended treatment plan.
Have you seen Dr. Richard Westmark, MD?
Are you Dr. Westmark?

Visit Dr. Westmark

Dr. Westmark accepts 17 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
    Blue Choice
  • CoreSource
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA