Dr. Richard Wasserman, MD

Pediatrics | Male

Dr. Richard Wasserman, MD
I am Medical Director of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology at Medical City Children's Hospital and managing partner of Allergy Partners of North Texas and was on faculty at UT Southwestern Medical School for 27 years. Raised in New York, I attended Hobart College, studied at Mt. Sinai School of Medicine and City University of New York Graduate School where I got a PhD in immunology from CUNY. I received my MD from Southwestern Medical School and did an internship and residency in pediatrics and a fellowship in bone marrow transplantation and immunology at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. After a fellowship at The Rockefeller University I became Chief of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology and Pediatric Program Director at Southwestern Medical School. In 1988, I started a private practice and research group in allergy and immunodeficiency. I have coauthored more than 100 peer-reviewed publications, case reports, book chapters and reviews and 80 International Meeting posters and presentations.

Dr. Wasserman's Care Philosophy

We believe that patients and parents are the true decision makers in healthcare. It is the responsibility of our physicians and their team to teach patients and parents what they need to know in order to make good decisions. We work to empower patients by explaining their problem and teaching them about the treatment options that are available. We encourage approaches that support self management but never leave patients on their own without access to immediate support. We use email communication to provide patients with ready access to their physician.

Dr. Wasserman's Experience

See how Dr. Wasserman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Wasserman

Dr. Wasserman accepts 12 insurance carriers

Dr. Wasserman is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Wasserman has admitting privileges.

Dr. Wasserman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wasserman to family and friends
4.5
based on 20 total reviews (1 with a comment)
Dr. Wasserman Says:

Allergy Partners of North Texas strives to provide the highest quality of care in a friendly and efficient setting. We are able to do this because we encourage our patients feedback especially in areas in which we have the opportunity to improve. We are grateful to patients and parents who provide us with feedback and those who choose to share their personal experiences directly with us and through social media.

Dr. Wasserman's Performance
in Tye tx |
The best caring knowledgeable Dr I have ever meet. He has took excellent care of my son for 25 years and I trust him with everything, he is one of the reasons my son is alive. He never gave up on finding a diagnosis for my son and was always extremely so caring and always made me feel at ease even when things weren't looking so good. I will always be so grateful for all he has done and continues to do
Have you seen Dr. Richard Wasserman, MD?
Are you Dr. Wasserman?

Compare Dr. Wasserman

Dr. Wasserman's Care Philosophy

Dr. Wasserman says...

With fellowship training and more than 35 years of experience taking care of patients with immunodeficiency and a variety of allergic disorders, my colleagues and I provide innovative, leading edge therapy for immunodeficiency, asthma, food allergy, hives, eczema and nasal allergy. We employ state of the art testing and treatments supported by a robust information system that provides patients with ready access to their physician. We are particularly known for our treatment of primary immunodeficiency and food allergy. We have treated more than four hundred food allergic patients.

Dr. Wasserman says...

Allergy Partners of North Texas is recognized nationally as an innovator and leader in the treatment of life-threatening food allergy. Our research group has participated in studies of most of the immunoglobulin (IG or antibody) replacement therapies currently available in the US. We treat dozens of food allergy patients each week and care for more than 200 primary immunodeficiency patients.

Dr. Wasserman says...

Dr. Wasserman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pediatrics
  •  Board certified in Allergy & Immunology and Pediatrics

Dr. Wasserman has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Wasserman's Board Certifications

• Anaphylactic Tree Nut Allergy
  • Anaphylaxis
  • Angioedema
  • Asthma
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Bronchitis
  • Cholinergic Urticaria
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Chronic Urticaria
  • Common Variable Immune Deficiency (CVID)
  • Dermatitis

The Rockefeller U

Completed in 1982

Hobart and William Smith Colleges

Graduated in 1970

Dr. Wasserman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wasserman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pediatrics