Dr. Richard Veyna, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Dr. Richard Veyna, MD
Dr. Richard Veyna is a board certified neurosurgeon who specializes in complex spinal disorders and deep brain stimulation. He also treats cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine disease and is an expert in minimally invasive surgery. His passion is treating essential tremors and movement disorders. Dr. Veyna completed extended training in deep brain stimulation where he developed a multi specialty program for surgical treatment of movement disorders with Struthers Parkinson's Disease Center, a Parkinson's Disease Foundation Center of Excellence in Minneapolis, MN. Dr. Veyna speaks fluent Spanish and welcomes the opportunity to care for Spanish speaking patients. If you do not see your insurance listed, please contact our office at 877-784-3667 or see a complete list on our website: MHSI.us

Dr. Veyna's Care Philosophy

Dr. Veyna understands the concern patient's may have when considering surgical options. Becoming a partner with the patient and helping to educate them about their options is part of his care philosophy. Ultimately, it's the patient's decision, but helping to educate them on their options takes time, and he takes time to do just that -- educate and partner with his patients.

Dr. Veyna's Experience

See how Dr. Veyna's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Veyna

Dr. Veyna accepts 13 insurance carriers

Dr. Veyna is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 7 hospitals where Dr. Veyna has admitting privileges.

Dr. Veyna's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Veyna to family and friends
    4.5
    Dr. Veyna Says:

Your comments and feedback are always welcome. My preference is direct communication if you have a concern you would like me to address. If the care and treatment provided you is worthy of sharing with others, you have my appreciation. Thank you for your feedback.

Dr. Veyna's Performance
    in New Baltimore, MI |
    Dr Veyna was a great surgeon 5 years ago when my disc blew up in my back. For the last 6 months I have been having problems with my back again. I set up an appointment for it & was told the soonest I could get in was 2 months from the day I called to make my appointment. I've went to emergency 2 times since for the excruciating pain I'm in. The day before my appointment as I was in the hospital his office called me to tell me they had to cancel & the soonest I can get in again is another month.
    in Harrison township mi |
    Tells you exactly what needs to be done to correct a problem and makes it happen !...outstanding Doctor !!!
    in New Baltimore, MI |
    Dr Veyna was great. He sat across from me and my husband and took the time to explain everything from my MRI to surgical options. He also was very honest regarding how much pain relief cervical spine surgery would provide. After ten years of pain I feel that even a small amount of relief would be welcomed and we were grateful for his honesty as to what to expect. We never felt rushed despite the office being very busy that day.
    in Macomb, MI |
    I saw dr Venya last year. Very kind doctor explain your condition to you. I will eventually need a cage and screws in my neck. However he is one not to cut unless absolutely necessary. I will be going back soon as fir another evaluation since my condition has worsen. For another her consolation. To keep up with my pain and recommendations from him.
    in Utica, MI |
    Dr. Veyna has performed both a cervical fusion and a cervical decompression. He brought me through both with flying colors!! He is also quite a human being. He participates in doctors without borders. Above EXCELLENCE!!
    in Auburn Hills, MI |
    I find Dr. Richard Veyna to be an excellent doctor. He is very knowledgeable and has had an excellent education graduating at the top of his graduating class. He is a great communicator and took the time to listen to the problem I have with my neck.
    in Clyde, Michigan |
    Dr. Veyna has been my doctor for years. I first saw him at a different practice. He had treated me for neck and back issues. When he moved to the MHSI practice. I followed him there. He knows my case inside and out and there is no one I trust more for my back and neck issues then Dr. Veyna.
    in Sterling Heights, MI |
    dr veyna did my last 2 neck surgeries and i must say i never felt so much relief i have in years. i was not only having neck issues the second time but also shoulder issues. i was seen another doctor for my shoulder,they thought it was seperate issues. well after this neck surgery.i am glad to say my shoulder issues are gone completely! i would highly recomend dr venya for any issue you might be having. i love his bed side manner and has a great sense of humor and loves his patients.
    Dr Veyna said the incision would be 1" and it was 2" incision and sewn up very poorly. On my chart was I was allergic/adverse side effects to pain medication, which I get NO PAIN relief, loopy confusion and nausea. They gave me that medication anyway. I told the staff I was getting NO PAIN relief, vomiting, they just stated we gave you medication. I stopped taking the pain med and went home. He does not take care of his patients. Go get PRP or Stem cells instead.
    We believe you have posted your concerns on other social media outlets as well. We have attempted to contact you several times but haven't been able to get in touch with you. When you take our phone call, we'd be happy to discuss your concerns.
    in ALMONT MI |
    I THOUGHT HE WAS VERY HONEST.ALTHOUGH HE DIDNT TELL ME WHAT I WANTED TO HERE LOL .I WAS GOING TO HIM FOR A SECOND OPINION I FELT HE DID A GREAT JOB EXPLAINING THINGS TO ME AND THE RISKS INVOLVED I THINK WHEN PEOPLE ARE GOING TO A SPECIALEST YOU HAVE TO BE A LITTLE UNDERSTANDING YOU MIGHT NOT GET SEEN WRIGHT AWAY. JUST RELAX YOU WILL GET YOUR TURN AND NOT FEEL RUSHED
    Livonia, MI |
    I went to the class and they said to control your pain. I had surgery. Beaumount never controlled my pain. I had a reaction to medication. I got blow off by the doctor and his staff. My pain was never controlled. I had to go to a pain doctor.
    Please call the MHSI office at 877-784-3667 to discuss your concerns with our management staff.
    in Richmond , MI |
    Dr. Veyna, thank you for seeing me in the ER at RO Beaumont the other day. I was in a real bad way and my normal Dr (P-C) from your practice was out on state on vacation. And God bless him for it as you doctors work as hard and long as anyone and probably more. I felt like my life was spinning out of control and you gave me a path forward. I will be getting an EMG next week and seeing P-C on his first day back. God bless you are yours, JT
    in Mount Clemens, Mi |
    Best doctor and surgeon I have seen in my life time. He cares about his patients. He did my surgery and is currently working on my sisters. He knows what he is doing. I thank God for him and his assist. She is wonderful too. You are in good hands with them.!
    in Sterling Heights, MI |
    Dr. Venya did my back surgery he takes time when he sees you very kind and thoughtful. You will genuinely like him he is very competent, you'll be pleased.
    in Clinton Township, MI |
    Dr Veyna was wonderful. He sat down and explained what was going with my MRI and disc. He gave me 2 options and and of course i couldn't wait. He got me into surgery next day and i was walking soon after. If not for him and Dr Roth i would still be extreme pain. Thank you so much!
    in Macomb, MI |
    Dr Veyna is not only knowledgeable but has a can-do upbeat approach to medicine. I truly felt that I was his priority when considering a double Mobi-C Cervical Spinal implant. He kept me well informed unto the issues I would face, remembered my partner's name and occupation, as well as everything as regards to my desires for my life. After my surgery he was attentive to my needs as well as made sure to address my concerns post-surgery. For such a serious surgery it went perfectly.
    in West Bloomfield, MI |
    MY EXPERIENCE WAS/IS NEGATIVE!!!!! MY CONDITION IS AS BAD AND IN SOME WAYS WORSE THEN BEFORE YOU OPERATED ON ME!! AND ALL YOU WANTED TO DO IS GIVE ME PAIN PILLS!!
    in Imlay city, MI |
    Best dr I've ever dealt with kind, cares personally & very intuitive. He explained my husbands problem in detail to us, he understood his pain & actually cared 2 thumbs wayyyy way up for dr venya thank you so much appreciated
    Have you seen Dr. Richard Veyna, MD?

Dr. Veyna says...

His passion is treating essential tremors and movement disorders.  Dr. Veyna completed extended training in deep brain stimulation where he developed a multi specialty program for surgical treatment of movement disorders with Struthers Parkinson's Disease Center, a Parkinson's Disease Foundation Center of Excellence in Minneapolis, MN.

If you do not see your insurance listed, please contact our office at 877-784-3667 or see a complete list on our website:  MHSI.us

Dr. Veyna's Care Philosophy

Dr. Veyna says...

Dr. Veyna is passionate about helping patients with tremors regain a better quality of life. His education and training has made him one of only a few neurosurgeons in Michigan who perform deep brain stimulation to help control tremors.

Dr. Veyna says...

Dr. Veyna performs deep brain stimulation and minimally invasive spine and brain surgery, using minimally invasive surgical techniques.

Also, for cervical herniated disks, Dr. Veyna is one of the areas experts in a disk implant all Mobi-C which is a new option to cervical fusion.

Dr. Veyna says...

Dr. Veyna's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
    •  Board certified in Neurosurgery
    •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

Dr. Veyna has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Why It Matters: Dr. Veyna's Board Certifications

• Brain Aneurysm
    • Broken Neck
    • Cerebral Hemorrhage
    • Cerebral Vascular Disease
    • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
    • Cerebrovascular Disease
    • Parkinson's Disease
    • Pathological Spine Fracture
    • Polyneuropathy Due to Alcohol and Drugs
    • Post-Concussion Syndrome
    • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
    • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
    • Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
    • Subdural Hemorrhage
    • Thoracic Spine Fracture
    • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
    • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
    • Traumatic Brain Injury

Baylor University
    • Other Education
      Children's Hospital Of Michigan/Dmc
      William Beaumont Hospital

Dr. Veyna does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Veyna and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Disc Replacement
    • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
    • Herniated Disc Surgery
    • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
    • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
    • Neurostimulation