Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Richard Topping Jr, MD
Dr. Richard Topping Jr, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Elkins, WV. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Topping Jr is affiliated with Davis Medical Center.

1502 Harrison Ave

Elkins, WV 26241

• Medical Mutual of Ohio
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Topping Jr

Dr. Topping Jr's Experience

Dr. Topping Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

No malpractice history found for West Virginia.

• University Of Virginia / Main Campus
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1985
  • University Of Virginia / Main Campus
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1990
  • University Of Va Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Topping Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Topping Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Topping Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Topping Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Topping Jr to family and friends
Dr. Topping Jr's Performance
in Buckhannon, WV |
I am extremely pleased with Dr. Topping. I broke my elbow back in July of 2017. I broke it in two places but had multiple little fragments. He did a wonderful job of putting my bones back together and is a very pleasant and helpful person in explaining the process before, during and after surgery. It was my first broken bone in 62 years and I fully trusted his professionalism. Very pleasant, helpful and knowledgeable Orthopedic surgeon.
Leesburg, VA |
Just wanted to say thank you to your office people .. they made my experience very good.. My hip is doing very very good.. now it my arm .. but he looked about it .. so I very satisfied....
in Elkins wv |
Dr. Topping is a very nice dr and listens to concerns you may have. His wife who is a nurse goes out of her way to truly help the patience and Deloris who is another nurse in his office is very helpful. He also has a pa Alicia who knowledgeable and good.
Keyser, WV |
After 5 yrs of pain & 2 other ortho surgeons, we were referred to Dr. Topping. At consultation, Dr. Topping & staff demonstrated their in-depth knowledge & compassion for their career & patients. Great bedside manner-Dr. Topping & assistant visited each day in the hospital. The preopt & followup appts were comforting & informative. The paperwork & insurance issues were handled quickly. Although others can do the same surgery, Dr. Topping & staff went beyond the call of duty. God Bless them.
in Mabie, WV |
Dr. Topping and entire staff provided excellent pre-surgery, surgery and post surgery information and care. They made the arrangement through my insurance company, with the hospital and post surgery care with home health and physical therapy. I had very little worries other than showing up at the appointed time for my total knee replacement. The surgery was successful and recovery went well with informative follow up visits with Alicia & Dr. Topping. I give Dr. Topping and his staff an A+
in Elkins , WV |
Wouldn't go anywhere but to Topping! Excellent care always!
in Beverly, WVA |
Excellent Dr. And staff very Friendly and helpful. Dr. Topping did my full knee replacement surgery on July 11,2017 and referred me to 7 performance physical therapy. I now have full range motion. (with in 3 weeks) As long as you do all of your physical Therapy right away as requested and follow doctors orders you should recover 100%. I am very satisfied with my results and I highly recommend dr. Topping as your surgeon.
in Elkins, WV |
He explained the results of xrays, options-with all possible risks and benefits of both surgery and alternative treatments. Exam was thorough and office staff was helpful.
Parsons, WV |
Dr. Topping is easy to talk too and ask questions. Explains things to you so you can understand what he is talking about. He is very good about following up with you after any procedure he has done on you.
in Elkins, WV |
I had shoulder surgery last year and 3 weeks ago I had a total knee replacement. Dr. Topping and his staff were very professional, helpful,compassionate, and always took time to listen and answer all my questions. I've had excellent results from my surgeries. I highly recommend him.
in Buckhannon, WV |
Dr. Topping performed carpal tunnel surgery on my left wrist two years ago. I was able to lift weights two months after surgery and my scar is not visible, as Dr. Topping made a very small incision on my hand that mirrors a line in my hand. Incredibly, even the muscle in my thumb that was nearly gone because of the carpal tunnel has recovered. This doctor is very skilled, very friendly and takes the time to answer any and all questions. I highly recommend this doctor.
in Walkersville, WV |
In 1999 I had my right knee replaced at Mon. General and was to go back in 6 months and have my left knee replaced also. I got along great with my right knee, but I kept putting off getting my left knee done. In the meantime Dr. Stole left Mon General. I thought I would tough it out till maybe I would not need anything. WRONG! ON Jan. 10 2017 Dr. Topping did a total left knee replacement and I have got along great. The pain from surgery is nothing as to the pain from bone on bone.
in Davis, WV |
Dr. Topping has been my orthopedic doctor for several years. I would recommend him as a doctor to anyone. Recently, I had total knee replacement. My surgery was very successful and Dr. Topping and his medical staff were very helpful to me during my recuperation period.
in Maysville, WV |
I had a total hip replacement in April 2016 and am well pleased with the results. I would highly recommend Dr. Topping because he explained the surgery fully and what to expect after the replacement. His staff is very knowledgeable, professional and friendly. I recommend him to anyone anticipating orthopedic surgery.
in Slatyfork,WV |
Dr. Topping performed an in-office procedure which was an incision of the tendon sheath in my left hand to eliminate very serious pain. The diagnosis of my pain was De-Queer Vain's syndrome which was due to constriction of the tendon going to the thumb. The entire procedure was quick and painless and eliminated the need to go to the hospital which would have cost much more time and much more money. Dr. Topping and his entire staff do an absolutely wonderful job and I would highly recommend him.
in Elkins, WV |
I would highly recommend this doc to all my friends and family. When interacting explains in terms that I can understand. Really approachable and down on patient level.
in Elkins, WV |
I would highly recommend DR. Topping as surgeon, he does a very good job. He has operated on me several times,
in Valley Bend, WV |
Dr. Topping replaced my left hip joint in March 2011 and my right hip joint 3 months ago in July 2016. Both times I got along really well and, after the recommended therapy, can get around so much better! I'm very happy with his expertise, and his care before and after the surgery. Not only is Dr. Topping a very highly skilled surgeon, he's also a down-to-earth really nice guy that I really like very much, and we've had some good conversations about our families, pets, and life in general!
Elkins, WV |
Dr Topping is a very skilled and educated physician. He spends a lot of time with his patients and seems to sincerely care about their wellbeing. I would have given his office a higher overall rating had my experience with his office staff been more pleasant. While Dr. Topping and all of the nurses I interacted with were very helpful and kind, his receptionist and referral specialists are deeply lacking in compassion and courtesy.
in Buckhannon, WV |
Total knee replacement in 2015. I got along great. I am pain free and can get on the floor and play with my 23 month old grandson. Dr. Topping was very caring and took good care of me before and after surgery.
in Philippi, WV |
WHEN I HAD MY FIRST KNEE DONE IN 2013 I WAS BACK TO BOWLING WITHIN TWO WEEKS AND WHEN I HAD MY SECOND KNEE DONE IN 2014 I WAS BOWLING WITHIN THREE WEEKS. I DONE SO WELL THAT THE REHAB UNIT DID'NT WANT TO LET ME DO REHAB SAID I DID'NT NEED IT . DR TOPPING SHOWS GREAT INTEREST IN HIS PATIENTS
We appreciate all the great feedback. Caring for the orthopedic needs of this area is truly the best job imaginable. I am truly blessed and reading all of these comments makes it all worthwhile. Thank you.
in Cowen Wv. |
I have been a patient of Dr. Topping since 2005, he performed two total hip replacements. I have not had any pain since the surgery. He has also doctored our son and daughter, and is now treating my Husband, i would highly recommend Dr. topping to any one he is an amazing Doctor and his staff is outstanding.
in Ellamore, WV |
Took his time to explain my condition and discuss treatment options for now and in the future.
in Mabie, WV |
I had total knee replacements in both knees at the same time. Dr. Topping sat down with me and went over everything. He was excited to discuss my knee replacements with me. He is always friendly whether you are in the office or you see him in the public. He is always asking you how you are doing. He cares about his patients.
in Elkins, WV |
He is an excellent orthopedist who sincerely cares about his patients. My wife and I have had 5 surgeries and have had 100% cures with 100% function. It is exciting to know that you can have perfect knees and hips without the pain we had previously experienced.
in Purgitsville, WV |
Very good personality, caring and all the people I have talked to have had only good things to say about their experiences with him. I can scheduled to have knee surgery in Elkins, Wv. soon and he is my surgeon.
in Junior, WV |
Dr topping is an excellent surgon very polite and takes the time to talk with you and explain the procedure. Before and after the surgery. I'm very pleased with him and his staff. He has done a hip revision and knee scoping. I would recommend him to everyone.
in Elkins, WV |
Excellent bedside manner and very knowledgeable concerning my situation.
in Buckhannon, WV |
I have had 2 surgeries by Dr. Topping (a knee replacement and hand repair) and could not be more pleased. Both he and his staff treated me with respect and answered all my questions. They scheduled my appointments and surgery to fit my schedule. The follow up attention after both of my surgeries was excellent. I would highly recommend him and his staff to anyone considering any surgery.
in Beverly, WV |
Dr. Topping comes highly recommended each time I am ask about him doing my hip replacement and my rotator cuff repair. Dr. Topping is one of the most professional and caring orthopedic surgeons I have ever known. He is there for you before, during, and after the surgery. Always takes the time to listen to his patients. Has you follow up with him so he can watch for wearing on your replacements and hopefully prevent you from having it done again. Dr. Topping is top notch in his line of work!
in Elkins, WV |
I would recommend Dr.Topping to any and/or everyone because I was crippled for 8 -10 years with steel leg braces on both legs, could not drive, in bed most of the time. I found Dr. Topping and his staff, as they began to treat me over the years I became strong enough for physical therapy and eventually both my left and right total knee replacements were done. I credit Dr. Topping for giving me the ability to walk again like a normal person because my new knees. Dr. Topping gave me my life back.
in Cowen, w.v. 26206 |
I have been a patient of Dr. Toppings since 2001. He has replaced both my knees, did trigger finger on right hand and orthoscopic surgery on my right shoulder. He is getting ready to do a shoulder replacement on my right shoulder in Mat 2016. He is the best orthopedist that I know.
Elkins, WV |
Excellent surgeon. Very caring, concerned and professional. Has a very good bedside manner.
in Belington, WV |
Very reliable and professional...top-notch surgical skills.
in Philippi, WV 26416 |
Dr. Topping has always been very honest, nice and professional to me. Knows his job and is a very good surgeon. Also he has a great sense of humor, funny at times. I really like him, always smiling.
in COWEN, WV 26206 |
I WOULD DEFINITELY HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR. TOPPING TO MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS. DR. TOPPING HAS DONE 3 SURGERIES FOR ME AND WITH EXCELLENT RESULTS; NO COMPLAINTS FROM ME. HE IS A CARING PERSON AND MAKES YOU FEEL RIGHT AT HOME. I THANK GOD FOR DR. TOPPING.
in Daytona Beach, FL |
Dr. Topping and his staff, are the best. He performed Carpal Tunnel surgery on my right hand , and I have been very pleased with the outcome. He did an excellent job and I would highly recommend him.
in Buckhannon, WV 26201 |
My procedure went perfect. I had a speedy recovery with excellent care. I am now able to resume a normal live. I do recommend Dr. Topping to all the people I talk to considering any joint surgery. I am very Thankful to Dr. Topping. Thomas F. Sears
in elkins wv |
Very good experience wonderful staff very clean he is a wonderful dr he has been my moms dr for years an has done her knee operations he truly is a great dr
Have you seen Dr. Richard Topping Jr, MD?

Visit Dr. Topping Jr