Dr. Richard E. Topping Jr., MD

Dr. Richard E. Topping Jr., MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 53 years old

Dr. Topping Jr. specializes in Orthopedic Surgery and practices in Elkins, WV. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Topping Jr.? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Topping Jr.'s Experience

See how Dr. Topping Jr.'s experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Topping Jr.

Dr. Topping Jr. accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Topping Jr. has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Topping Jr.'s Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Topping Jr. to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Topping Jr.
Dr. Topping Jr.'s Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (70)
in Elkins, WV |
I would highly recommend this doc to all my friends and family. When interacting explains in terms that I can understand. Really approachable and down on patient level.
in Elkins, WV |
I would highly recommend DR. Topping as surgeon, he does a very good job. He has operated on me several times,
in slatyfork wv |
dr. topping operated on by Godzilla bunion. Very happy with the results. Never thought my foot could be this straight again. He is without a doubt awesome!!
in Valley Bend, WV |
Dr. Topping replaced my left hip joint in March 2011 and my right hip joint 3 months ago in July 2016. Both times I got along really well and, after the recommended therapy, can get around so much better! I'm very happy with his expertise, and his care before and after the surgery. Not only is Dr. Topping a very highly skilled surgeon, he's also a down-to-earth really nice guy that I really like very much, and we've had some good conversations about our families, pets, and life in general!
Elkins, WV |
Dr Topping is a very skilled and educated physician. He spends a lot of time with his patients and seems to sincerely care about their wellbeing. I would have given his office a higher overall rating had my experience with his office staff been more pleasant. While Dr. Topping and all of the nurses I interacted with were very helpful and kind, his receptionist and referral specialists are deeply lacking in compassion and courtesy.
in Buckhannon, WV |
Total knee replacement in 2015. I got along great. I am pain free and can get on the floor and play with my 23 month old grandson. Dr. Topping was very caring and took good care of me before and after surgery.
in Philippi, WV |
WHEN I HAD MY FIRST KNEE DONE IN 2013 I WAS BACK TO BOWLING WITHIN TWO WEEKS AND WHEN I HAD MY SECOND KNEE DONE IN 2014 I WAS BOWLING WITHIN THREE WEEKS. I DONE SO WELL THAT THE REHAB UNIT DID'NT WANT TO LET ME DO REHAB SAID I DID'NT NEED IT . DR TOPPING SHOWS GREAT INTEREST IN HIS PATIENTS
We appreciate all the great feedback. Caring for the orthopedic needs of this area is truly the best job imaginable. I am truly blessed and reading all of these comments makes it all worthwhile. Thank you.
in Cowen Wv. |
I have been a patient of Dr. Topping since 2005, he performed two total hip replacements. I have not had any pain since the surgery. He has also doctored our son and daughter, and is now treating my Husband, i would highly recommend Dr. topping to any one he is an amazing Doctor and his staff is outstanding.
in Ellamore, WV |
Took his time to explain my condition and discuss treatment options for now and in the future.
in Mabie, WV |
I had total knee replacements in both knees at the same time. Dr. Topping sat down with me and went over everything. He was excited to discuss my knee replacements with me. He is always friendly whether you are in the office or you see him in the public. He is always asking you how you are doing. He cares about his patients.
in Elkins, WV |
He is an excellent orthopedist who sincerely cares about his patients. My wife and I have had 5 surgeries and have had 100% cures with 100% function. It is exciting to know that you can have perfect knees and hips without the pain we had previously experienced.
in Purgitsville, WV |
Very good personality, caring and all the people I have talked to have had only good things to say about their experiences with him. I can scheduled to have knee surgery in Elkins, Wv. soon and he is my surgeon.
in Junior, WV |
Dr topping is an excellent surgon very polite and takes the time to talk with you and explain the procedure. Before and after the surgery. I'm very pleased with him and his staff. He has done a hip revision and knee scoping. I would recommend him to everyone.
in Elkins, WV |
Excellent bedside manner and very knowledgeable concerning my situation.
in Buckhannon, WV |
I have had 2 surgeries by Dr. Topping (a knee replacement and hand repair) and could not be more pleased. Both he and his staff treated me with respect and answered all my questions. They scheduled my appointments and surgery to fit my schedule. The follow up attention after both of my surgeries was excellent. I would highly recommend him and his staff to anyone considering any surgery.
in Beverly, WV |
Dr. Topping comes highly recommended each time I am ask about him doing my hip replacement and my rotator cuff repair. Dr. Topping is one of the most professional and caring orthopedic surgeons I have ever known. He is there for you before, during, and after the surgery. Always takes the time to listen to his patients. Has you follow up with him so he can watch for wearing on your replacements and hopefully prevent you from having it done again. Dr. Topping is top notch in his line of work!
in Elkins, WV |
I would recommend Dr.Topping to any and/or everyone because I was crippled for 8 -10 years with steel leg braces on both legs, could not drive, in bed most of the time. I found Dr. Topping and his staff, as they began to treat me over the years I became strong enough for physical therapy and eventually both my left and right total knee replacements were done. I credit Dr. Topping for giving me the ability to walk again like a normal person because my new knees. Dr. Topping gave me my life back.
in Cowen, w.v. 26206 |
I have been a patient of Dr. Toppings since 2001. He has replaced both my knees, did trigger finger on right hand and orthoscopic surgery on my right shoulder. He is getting ready to do a shoulder replacement on my right shoulder in Mat 2016. He is the best orthopedist that I know.
Elkins, WV |
Excellent surgeon. Very caring, concerned and professional. Has a very good bedside manner.
in Belington, WV |
Very reliable and professional...top-notch surgical skills.
in Philippi, WV 26416 |
Dr. Topping has always been very honest, nice and professional to me. Knows his job and is a very good surgeon. Also he has a great sense of humor, funny at times. I really like him, always smiling.
in COWEN, WV 26206 |
I WOULD DEFINITELY HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR. TOPPING TO MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS. DR. TOPPING HAS DONE 3 SURGERIES FOR ME AND WITH EXCELLENT RESULTS; NO COMPLAINTS FROM ME. HE IS A CARING PERSON AND MAKES YOU FEEL RIGHT AT HOME. I THANK GOD FOR DR. TOPPING.
in Daytona Beach, FL |
Dr. Topping and his staff, are the best. He performed Carpal Tunnel surgery on my right hand , and I have been very pleased with the outcome. He did an excellent job and I would highly recommend him.
in Buckhannon, WV 26201 |
My procedure went perfect. I had a speedy recovery with excellent care. I am now able to resume a normal live. I do recommend Dr. Topping to all the people I talk to considering any joint surgery. I am very Thankful to Dr. Topping. Thomas F. Sears
in elkins wv |
Very good experience wonderful staff very clean he is a wonderful dr he has been my moms dr for years an has done her knee operations he truly is a great dr
Have you seen Dr. Richard E. Topping Jr., MD?

Compare Dr. Topping Jr.

Dr. Topping Jr. says...

My favorite condition to treat is the arthritic knee and hip. There are many treatment options including injections, physical therapy and surgery. The happy patient return visits describing their return to active lifestyles and great improvement in their pain makes our day.

Dr. Topping Jr. says...

I perform minimally invasive knee replacements and all arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs to speed recovery and decrease pain. Hip and knee replacements are done under regional anaesthesia and receive multimodal pain management to make your experience as easy as possible and get you home to your comfort zone quickly and safely. Most other procedures can be done outpatient.

Dr. Topping Jr.'s experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Topping Jr. has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for West Virginia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Topping Jr.'s Board Certifications

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

University Of Va Med Center

Completed in 1996

University Of Virginia / Main Campus

Graduated in 1985

Dr. Topping Jr. does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Topping Jr. and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• ACL Surgery
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.