Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Richard Tipperman, MD
Richard Tipperman, MD is a graduate of the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York. He completed a residency at Wills Eye Hospital and served as Chief Resident in 1991. Since completing his residency, he has maintained an active practice at Wills Eye Hospital as well as at multiple area hospitals. Dr. Tipperman was certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology in 1992. He is a member of several local and national professional societies. His practice specializes in refractive surgery, cataract surgery, and management of complications of cataract surgery. He has authored numerous publications and has been awarded the prestigious "Best Paper of Session" award twice at the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery annual meeting. The first was for the study of clear corneal wound healing and the second for the first paper presented on intravitreal kenalog injections at the time of cataract surgery. He has performed live surgery at the AICCER OSN Congress in Rome, Italy. Dr. Tipperman was one of only 14 ophthalmic surgeons selected to participate in and perform the surgery for the FDA core study of Alcon multifocal intraocular lens implant. This lens received FDA approval in the spring of 2005 and was released as the AcrySof® ReStor intraocular lens. Dr. Tipperman lectures frequently locally, nationally, and internationally on topics involving complex and advanced technology cataract surgery. He has been listed as one of the Top Doctors in both Philadelphia Magazine and Main Line Today, and also listed as one of the "34 Best Ophthalmologists in America" by Becker's ASC Review. He was also featured in the March/April 2011 Issue of Premier Surgeon.

100 Presidential Blvd Ste 200

• CoreSource
  • Coventry Health Care of Delaware
  • EmblemHealth
  • Evolutions Healthcare Systems
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)

Learn about Dr. Tipperman

See how frequently Dr. Tipperman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Senile Cataracts
Cataract
Cataract Removal Surgery
high

Dr. Tipperman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Chalazion
  • Senile Cataracts

• Cataract Removal Surgery
  • Refractive Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Hamilton College
  • Strong Memorial Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1985
  • Wills Eye Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991

Dr. Tipperman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Tipperman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tipperman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Tipperman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tipperman to family and friends
Dr. Tipperman's Performance
Haverford, pa |
I won’t go into details, but the bottom line based on at least three conversations and office visits, Dr. tipperman inserted the wrong lens for reading, as requested, and failed to use an astigmatic lens. Following surgery his technician gave me the wrong prescription for glasses, the scrip approved and signed by dr. Tipperman.
Gettysburg, PA |
Was there for a very serious eye problem that before 3 other drs. Messed up my vision. He kept talking and did not give me the time of day for my concerns, just have to live with it was his answer. I said about another dr.s possible solution and he him awed that he could to then changed his mind. I came there for hope and got brushed off! He was also so busy, in and out of the room. Do theses guys go to school and have a course for how to side step a patient's issues with a lot of excuses! ,
Dr. Tipperman far exceeds the title of Dr. with phenomenal skill; he is also the most patient, kind and understanding person you could ever imagine possible. He corrected my very bad situation, which resulted from cataract surgery I'd had 9 months prior performed by my former doctor of 20+ years. An IOL exchange was required to fix it (more risk involved). His remarkable patience dealing with my fear, coupled with incredible talent and expertise, resulted in a very successful outcome for me!
in North Wales Pa |
Had cataract surgery yesterday with Dr Tipperman. Piece of cake! The entire procedure took under 10 minutes, the doctor ran exactly on time, and my result was perfect! No pain, no complications, only vibrant colors and relief that it done. Dr Tipperman is the only doctor you should consider using for cataract surgery. My husband used someone else a year ago and had all kinds of Complications. Dr Tipperman is the BEST
in Edison, NJ |
April 27, 2017 I recently had my pre-op evaluation by Dr. Tipperman. Being in medical profession, I can easily see the difference in the services his office provides. Besides being a gentleman, he is intelligent and thorough; he listens to patients’ questions/concerns and answers them all without rushing you out. His staff is also very helpful and well organized. I am going to have my cataract operation soon and have full confidence in Dr. Tipperman.
in Edison, NJ |
in Wyomissing, pa |
Dr. Tipperman is the best doctor I can recommend for cataract surgery. He changed a previous condition from another eye doctor to a very good results in regards to vision. He is a very caring doctor who understands his patients needs and gives honest advice and care. For being such a skilled surgeon he is the most humble doctor I have ever met.
in Chicago, il |
Dr. Tipperman is brilliant. He did cataract surgery on my right eye. It was perfectly done. Ahead of time I was expecting some discharge or discomfort for a few days, but besides a tiny bit of scratchiness for an hour after surgery there was no discomfort at all (no discharge, nothing!). I think this is a testament to his surgical skill. He is also a VERY nice fellow. His office staff was also very helpful (Danielle rocks!). Now I can see the world again and it is beautiful indeed!
in Morton, Pa |
Dr. Tipperman's office is easy to get to, and his staff is good at what they do. Dr. Tipperman is thorough and considerate. I like working with him.
in Wayne, PA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Tipperman's for 16 years for myriad eye issue complexities. There is no one who I would trust my eyesight to with greater confidence than Dr. Tipperman. He has performed lasik and cataract surgery on both my eyes with terrific results. He coordinated my vitrectomy with Mid-Atlantic Retinae with equally terrific results. Not only is he THE most talented surgeon, he is thoughtful, accessible, understanding and dedicated to my eyesight. I highly recommend him.
in Holmdel, NJ |
The doctor is brilliant. His patients are very lucky to have him as their doctor. My experience with Dr. Tipperman was excellent. I came to him following search for the best ophtalmologist in the country. My NY doctor botched my cataract surgery and I had lots of serious problems. I traveled two hours to see Dr. Tipperman. He fixed the problems with ease and I enjoyed the process. The surgery Dr. Tipperman performed was superb, with literally no pain and perfect result. .
in Philadelphia, PA |
A previous doctor diagnosed me as having narrow angle glaucoma. Seeking another opinion two other doctors said I did not have the condition. but recommended I have surgery to remove cataracts. For this year's annual check up I saw Dr. Tipperman. He explained how my cataracts were having some deteriorating effect on my eyes but that generally my eyes were healthy and did not require surgery at this time. I felt confident I had finally received the most reliable diagnosis.
Philadelphia, PA |
Great doctor. Very happy.
Have you seen Dr. Richard Tipperman, MD?
Are you Dr. Tipperman?

Coventry Health Care of Delaware PPO
  • EmblemHealth
    GHI PPO
  • Evolutions Healthcare Systems
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Health Net
    Tricare
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
    Community Blue PPO
    Tricare
  • Keystone Health Plan East
    Keystone Health Plan East HMO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Mutual of Omaha