Dr. Richard Sweet, MD

Practices Orthopedic Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 5 after 84 reviews.
Author:
Would highly recommend. Very courteous and took time to explain everything.
Extremely knowledgeable.
Author:
Everything was handled in a very professional manner and all questions were answered in an easy way to understand
Author:
I was seen quickly. Dr Sweet performed a thorough examination. Explained the disease process and provided me with treatment option.
Author:
Dr. Sweet has replaced both of my knees over the past 3 years. I am completely satisfied and certainly rate him as a five star doctor.
Author:
Great , He is very respectful, listens, answers questions and communicates effectively. I would highly recommend him. I have had zero complications, rapid and complete recovery. I can run, climb, and squat for yard work and am 75 years old.
Author:
Pleasant staff; wait time was very brief; Dr. Sweet took the time to answer all of my questions.
Author:
Dr. Sweet was quick to assess the problem, efficiently explained it, answered my questions, and provided valuable options available for treating and managing. He was very thorough and pleasant to converse with. The staff were friendly and top notch. I was in and out in a flash. Previously seeing my husband through two extremely successful knee replacements, I wouldn’t trust mine to anyone else. He has a gift for knowing what works best and is an expert in his field.
Author:
Dr Sweet answered all my questions. The only issue is I waited over one hour in the waiting room .
Author:
Both knees replaced! Doing great! Dr Sweet and his staff are great!!
Author:
Very pleased i would him 4 stars. His prescribed medicine really helped for condition
Author:
Satisfied in all areas. Extremely qualified. Answered all questions completely and was sensitive to my concerns.
Author:
Dr sweet the best very personable and explains your problem that is easy to understand. I have gotten 2 cortisone shots in knee helped so much.
Very helpful and informative
Author:
Both hips replaced and was given tremendous care and was confident through the entire process.
Author:
Dr. Sweet looked at my history and scans and was able to accurately diagnose my pain. He scheduled a revision surgery and indeed found that my original TKR from another surgeon was loose. I’m so impressed with his knowledge, experience and thoroughness. He is the best.
Author:
Dr Richard Sweet did a fantastic job on replacing my knee. He was great at explaining everything both before I decided to have the surgery and after my surgery. My recovery has been going great, in part due to the expert job Dr. Sweet did with the surgery.
Author:
Absolutely no one any better. I had many of my own patients as well as friends who have been treated by Dr. Sweet and all have had exceptional outcomes. My left knee replacement is doing great and I got back to playing golf within 5 months.
Author:
Dr Sweet his name says it all. I had one knee replacement in August the other in November both doing good. Great office staff.
Author:
I had my left knee replacement in late Dec. 2017. Dr Sweet was easy to talk to and I followed his recommendations. I had 3 weeks of PT at my home and the therapist (Rob from Kort) was also 5*. At the end of 3 weeks I was off of the prescription pain killers and only using over the counter Motrin for pain. After 8 weeks of PT I can walk miles and use stairs normally. 12/5/18 I am still taking Motrin but I have full use of my knee. My healing is not quite complete but I am glad I did this.
Author:
Very professional and competent. Intend to have him replace the other knee when necessary.
Author:
Dr. Sweet is the best in his field. I worked with him for 30 1/2 years on the ortho floors at Baptist. I recommend him to anyone seeking a joint replacement. Hope he doesn't retire before my other knee has to be done.
Author:
Everything about surgery went well. Only complaint was due to pain medication upon discharge. Discharge was on Friday afternoon and an alternative pain med was not available due to weekend. Knee healing really well. Hospital was amazing!
Great job ??
Author:
The office staff was awesome, but Dr. Sweet is self centered, and through the whole appointment, made me feel like I was wasting his time.
Author:
He has been my doctor for 14 years. He is wonderful. Always listens to my concerns takes his time explaining thing so I understand them. I wouldn't trade him for the world.
Author:
Team approach. Positive staff always helpful And your partner in care. Dr Sweet is genuinely invested in you having a successful outcome.
Author:
Dr. Sweet has a good bedside manner and listened to my complaints. After a through examination he told me my hip is worn out. I believe he is the best doctor to do my replacement.
Author:
I would recommend Dr Sweet to everyone. He is most kind, totally professional, and quite proficient at his trade. He is the most dedicated in his profession. Dr Sweet helped relieve my knee pain and my anxiety about another possible surgery. He has the most authentic way, and I am so happy to have Dr Sweet on my team of the best doctors in the United States.
Author:
Two perfect knee replacement surgeries testify to his excellent skill and knowledge. He is the best!
Author:
Fast in processing info and coming up with plan. Dr. Sweet is clearly an expert and gets to the point! Highly recommend. Several friends who have worked with him in OR say they wouldn’t let anyone but him do their knee replacements! Hope I don’t need one but if I do...Dr Sweet! And what a great name!!
Author:
Top-notch explanations and willingness to answer questions. I feel confident about my care . Dr Sweet responds quickly to my messages or phone calls.
Author:
About 11 years ago I severely dislocated my right ankle...He was on call for the ER at Baptist E in Louisville. Then 7 years ago I had both knee replaced and they were excellent. They felt so natural that in my foolishness I went out in snow and severely damaged my knee. It would not heal. After deliberation, he did a third knee surgery ....installing rods in my 'shin' and femur and a hinge type knee.....I have been 'vertical ever sense. He is brilliant. Trustworthy. Compassionate.
Author:
Dr Sweet is an excellent physician and surgeon. He exhibits his knowledge and experience, along with his sincere concern for your well being, both before and after your surgery. His positive outlook for a patient’s recovery and physical therapy progress is encouraging. In addition to being a good “doctor”, Dr Sweet is also a good person. Confidence in him as my doctor, meant so much to my full recovery!
Author:
He listens! He is honest about options as well as concerns in considering treatment. I have great confidence in his ability
Author:
Just had my yearly checkup and everything looks great. I can highly recommend Dr Sweet.
Author:
Charles from Louisville, used Dr. Sweet four different times and was very pleased with all my surgery’s. Highly recommend.
Author:
Dr. Sweet replaced my knee and my husbands hip within months of one another, Recovery was rapid, the care was wonderful and there are no long waits in the office. Did an amazing job.
Author:
I think Dr Seet is the best there is. He has excellent bedside manners as well as being a great surgeon.
Author:
I felt totally in charge of deciding when I was ready for surgery. . He explained the procedure to me so I understood what to expect. I believe him to be a very skilled surgeon. His PA, Kate Hamilton has been so helpful to me in the years that I have struggled with knee pain, I was ready!
Author:
Super nice and straight forward. Surgery is LAST option instead of first option.
Author:
Thanks to Dr. Sweet and his team, I am now pain-free after having both of my knees replaced. I experienced zero complications after both surgeries and received excellent care.
Author:
I had a great experience both with my knee surgery and his staff. Lots of compliments on how good and minimal my incision is! Only complaint is wait time in follow office visits. Minimal time was 45 min. Dr Sweet answered thoroughly any and all questions I had
Author:
Just had my 6 month check-up on my left knee TKR. Everything looks great and Dr Sweet always takes his time explaining my recovery. I have already referred my friends that need knee surgery to Dr Sweet.
Author:
Straight and to the point in his finding and recommendations. Listens to patients. Went to him based on his research papers and reviews on line.
Author:
Dr. Sweet and his entire team are professional, knowledgeable and caring. Takes the time with patients to properly diagnose and treat each individuals needs. Unusually good treatment in today's healthcare environment. "Old school" care in the best manner.
Author:
I would not have knee surgery with anyone else! Professional, experienced and personable ... And I have had nothing but a great experience throughout the entire process. I am delighted with the results of my surgery and recovery.
Author:
Seen by Dr Sweet many months. Had a left TKR in 2009 (age 55), and a right TKR in 2011 (age 57). Dr. Sweet did not "push" the surgery--we tried everything else before the decision. Dr Sweet was fantastic throughout the whole process. Very knowledgeable, very professional, and a very nice, caring, and understanding man. I've moved to Florida, and due to genetics, am seeing one, or two, hip replacements possibly, down the road. I will do everything I can to have them done by Dr. Sweet.
Author:
Dr. Sweet is the best! He did 2 total knee replacements, 4 weeks apart in 2016. My recovery was fairly easy, his office was very responsive when I had trouble with pain medications. I could do everything I wanted in less than 6 months after the 2nd surgery. Then, I broke my hip, Dr. Sweet thoroughly explained my options & I chose a hip replacement, now 3 weeks after surgery, recovery is progressing very well. Absolutely happy with Dr. Sweet, his explanations, follow up, & his surgical skills.
Author:
Dr. Sweet is very professional, explains what he will be doing, expectations. I would recommend him to anyone for knee replacement surgery.