Dr. Richard Strabbing, DO

Ear, Nose, and Throat •  Male • Age 47

Telehealth services available

Michigan ENT & Allergy Specialists

205 Broadway St South Haven, MI 49090

Dr. Richard Strabbing, DO is a Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist in South Haven, MI and has over 20 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Strabbing has more experience with Upper Respiratory Conditions, Otologic Care, and Sleep-disordered Breathing than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Mi State Univ Coll Of Osteo Med medical school in 2000. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Holland Hospital and North Ottawa Community Health System. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Strabbing to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Michigan

Frequently Treated by Dr. Strabbing

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Strabbing treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Strabbing treats other conditions, please contact the office at (616) 994-2770.

Upper Respiratory Conditions

Upper respiratory specialists diagnose and treat conditions such as infections, sinusitis, allergic rhinitis, and whooping cough (pertussis) that affect the upper part of the respiratory system, including the nasal passages, larynx, and lungs.Compare with other Upper Respiratory Conditions specialists.

Dr. Strabbing typically treats 92% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 4 conditions and procedures

Allergic Rhinitis
Sinusitis
Chronic Sinusitis
Acute Sinusitis

Otologic Care

Otolgic care is s subspecialty of otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat) that focuses on symptoms and conditions of the ear, including hearing loss, tinnitus, dizziness and infections.Compare with other Otologic Care specialists.

Dr. Strabbing typically treats 98% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 9 conditions and procedures

Deafness
Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
Otitis Media
Vertigo

Sleep-disordered Breathing

Sleep-disordered breathing specialists diagnose and treat conditions, such as snoring or obstructive sleep apnea, in which breathing is interrupted during sleep, resulting in symptoms of fatigue, irritability and high blood pressure.Compare with other Sleep-disordered Breathing specialists.

Dr. Strabbing typically treats 87% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 1 condition or procedure

Sleep Disorders
Sleep Apnea

Ear, Nose, and Throat Surgery

Ear, nose and throat care surgeons treat conditions affecting those areas through procedures such as tonsilectomy, adenoidectomy, myringotomy (ear tubes), and sinus surgery.Compare with other Ear, Nose, and Throat Surgery specialists.

Dr. Strabbing typically treats 62% more often than similar doctors

• Allergy Shots
  • Allergy Skin Testing
  • Allergy Testing
  • Allergy Treatment
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Down Syndrome
  • Dysphagia
  • Ear Ache
  • Ear Disorders
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Ear Procedure
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • Endoscopy
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Excision or Destruction of Tongue Lesion
  • Eyelid Disorders
  • Facial Fracture
  • Facial Reconstruction
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Geographic Tongue
  • Gum Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head and Neck Reconstruction Surgery
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss Due to Noise
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hyperacusis
  • Meniere's Disease
  • Nasal Disorder Endoscopy
  • Nasal Obstruction
  • Nasal Polyp
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nasal Surgery
  • Outer Ear Infection
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Perforated Eardrum
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Peritonsillar Abscess
  • Snoring
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma of Head, Face, and Neck
  • Sore Throat
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Strep Test
  • Sublingual Immunotherapy
  • Swimmer's Ear
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Culture
  • Vocal Cord Polyp
  • Wheezing
  • Wound Repair

Dr. Strabbing accepts

Dr. Strabbing accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Cofinity
Cofinity PPO
Commercial Insurance Company
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA

Dr. Strabbing's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Strabbing

87.28813559322033%

Dr. Strabbing?
I bit the inside of my cheek and ended up with a skin tab that was annoying for years. Dr. Strabbing took care of it in about 15 seconds. I wish I had gotten it done so much earlier. Easy, simple, professional, well done. Thanks
Oct 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Strabbing, DO?
Lovely, clean office that is COVID conscientious. Friendly and professional. Ultrasound tech Katie T. is highly skilled and friendly, putting me at ease. Very impressed with this office.
Lisa W. – Oct 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Strabbing, DO?
I had a fungal ball in one of my sphenoid sinus cavities and Dr Strabbing was able to remove it for me eliminating the terrible headaches I was having on a daily basis. He was very professional and explained everything to me in a way that made it easy to understand and alleviated any concerns I had going into the surgery. Furthermore, he did such an excellent job that the post-surgery healing process was easier than I thought it would be. His staff was also able to schedule me quickly, which I really appreciated. I would definitely recommend Dr. Strabbing to anybody needing sinus surgery!
Kate W – Jul 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Strabbing, DO?
I had balloon sinuplasty and a tube put in my ear. I have not been the same since, and that was Oct. 2019. I still have an echo in my ear and was told by Dr. Strabbing it would go away in a couple days. At the f/u w/a PA that had the worst bed side manner said that should have been gone within 24hrs after surgery. I still have yet to get an exact explanation as to why I still have an echo every time I talk in my ear and other side effect from the surgery. Dr. Strabbing pushed me off to another Dr. in the office I feel to avoid admitting that the surgery did not go as planned. Maybe reading this he will evaluate how he treats his patients and be more truthful. Now I am living w/a whole new set of issues I did not have before. It has changed my quality of life. It's sad when you put all your trust in someone and they tell you what the outcome will be 100% changed and it's something totally different. It's been truly heart breaking.
Christina – May 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Strabbing, DO?
My primary care doctor referred me to Dr. Strabbing for thyroid nodules detected by an ultrasound. Dr. Strabbing reviewed results, suggested a fine needle aspiration, and prepared me for the procedure. He and his top-notch ultrasound technician worked hand in hand to gather cells for a competent radiologist. His skilled technique, her thorough explanations, and the radiologist's high standards comforted me. Teamwork between surgeon, technologist, and radiologist is what we all expect, but for it to be done at a time like this is true sacrifice and dedication to the profession/patients. In a time of crisis, they did everything to protect all involved and find much needed answers for me. No one can top this. What a tribute to them all as professionals and caring people. No matter what the outcome, I know they will be there to tackle it with me.
Mar 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Strabbing, DO?
I was diagnosed with allergies a year ago and Dr. Richard Strabbing helped me tremendously. Dr Strabbing also performed a balloon sinuplasty for my sinus/breathing issues - and I truly appreciated Dr. Strabbing informing me of what I would feel during each step of the sinuplasty !!! This helped me stay calm during the procedure. With my great results from the sinuplasty and allergy medication I am feeling great. I would certainly recommend Dr. Strabbing !
A. Brady – Mar 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Strabbing, DO?
Over the past year I've been under the care of Dr. Strabbing for thyroid issues. During that time, I've had four ultrasounds performed in his office. His ultrasound technician is the BEST I've ever had. She is professional, knowledgeable, and PERSONABLE! During my appointments, she explained everything that she was doing and why. The relationship between technologist, radiologist, and surgeon makes for seamless care. I'm extremely happy she is part of the team!
Kimberly – Nov 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Strabbing, DO?
Patient of Dr Strabbing. He did surgery on my deviated September. Great job. Can really breathe now
Sharon D – Oct 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Strabbing, DO?
I went to Dr. Strabbing for followup on some nodules in my neck. The ultrasound technician was very kind and explained what she was doing. The radiologist was concerned the nodules were growing and irregular and should be checked out further. Dr. Strabbing performed the needle aspiration procedure with very little discomfort, (which was way better than the physician I had approximately 7 years ago.) His technique was almost painless, with no black and blue marks. He coordinated it with the lab, they called several days later to give me the results. The office was also very easy to work with. I would highly recommend Dr. Strabbing.
Donna Hamberg – Sep 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Strabbing, DO?
Dr Strabbing performed Balloon sinuplasty a couple months ago for my breathing issues. I appreciated him telling me what I would feel as he performed each step of the procedure. It was a 1 day recovery and made my breathing much better! He is very kind and professional. He is my children and grandchildren’s ENT as well.
Valerie – Aug 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Strabbing, DO?
Dr Strabbing has served each person in our family. He is so knowledgeable, down to earth and will always refer to another specialist if needed. Love this practice!!
May 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Strabbing, DO?
I trust him with our children. He is patient honest and genuinely cares
Mar 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Strabbing, DO?
Extremely knowledgeable and was able to connect with my son and explain things at his level. Very attentive to my sons needs at the time of surgery. We highly recommend!
Sara in Holland, MI – Mar 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Strabbing, DO?
My daughter was a Hope College student from Ohio. She found a nodule on her neck and was referred by Hope Health Services to Dr. Strabbing. He was immediately concerned that the nodule was irregular, and within 2 weeks she had an ultrasound, needle aspiration tests and a biopsy, which determined that she had Hodkins Lymphoma.Throughout the ordeal, Dr. Strabbing and his staff were professional, caring and prompt in their treatment and diagnosis. I cannot recommend him highly enough!
Beth Hurst in Zanesville, OH – Aug 07, 2018
Beth, thank you for leaving such a kind review....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Strabbing, DO?
Very competent doctors. Office staff needs training in patient confidentiality. During one visit I had a clerical staff tell me what the nurse wrote in my file all while I was standing in the lobby! Not the place to share that information. And, why is clerical staff reading my file? A few minutes later the same clerical staff called across the waiting area asking me questions about my preferences with my emergency contacts. Inappropriate!
Jul 26, 2018
Privacy is very important to us at Michigan ENT...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Strabbing, DO?
Unfortunately, I visited this office with a sinus infection. Dr Strabbing began discussing surgery almost immediately after entering the room. He explained a couple hoops he had to jump though for insurance reasons (CT scan, and writing a prescription for Flonase I was already on). The quote I was given was a fraction for the actual cost! My septum (that was NOT deviated) was cut and now has a large hole. Breathing, talking sound different and their billing department is rude and unorganized.
Jay B in Hudsonville, MI – Jul 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Strabbing, DO?
After struggling for 20 years with extreme sinus issues, Dr. Strabbing was recommended to me. I deal with P.T.S.D. and not being able to breathe my nose during post surgery made me very apprehensive to go through with surgery. Yet Dr. Strabbing worked with me, took the time to explain, talking me through the problems that I faced, along with pre and post surgery. He was very detailed, thorough and compassionate with my needs and concerns. I would not trust any other ENT Doctor.
matt murray in West Olive – May 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Strabbing, DO?
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Strabbing. I have had incredible treatment for a hearing loss that led to me getting a tube in my ear at 55 years old. I immediately felt relief from the pain and was able to hear again. Dr. Strabbing is kind, considerate and thorough in his approach to medicine. Excellent doctor.
Chris Murphy in Caledonia, MI – Apr 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Strabbing, DO?
My daughter just had her tonsils and adenoids removed by dr Strabbing. He was great with my daughter and the staff was helpful too. I would recommend him to anyone looking for an ENT.
Mar 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Strabbing, DO?
He took the time to listen and recommend a path to determine what could be causing symptoms.
Tom Hoffman in Fennville, MI – Feb 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Strabbing, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Strabbing?

Giving patients the best care, one at a time.

Dr. Strabbing is an Otolaryngologist Head and Neck surgeon, also known as an ENT. He was born and raised in West Michigan.

Rich is a 1996 Calvin...

2000
Mi State Univ Coll Of Osteo Med
1996
Calvin College

• >Is Sinus Disease the Cause of my Headaches? An Update on Sinus Disease and Headache, 04/24/2014