Dr. Richard Stern, MD

Rheumatology ·  Male · Age 66

Dr. Stern

Rheumatology Associates

1643 Lancaster Dr Ste 202 Grapevine, TX 76051

Dr. Richard Stern, MD is a rheumatology specialist in Grapevine, TX and has been practicing for 16 years. He graduated from University Of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas in 1998 and specializes in rheumatology.

Dr. Stern accepts

Dr. Stern accepts the following insurance:

Assurant Health
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice
Commercial Insurance Company
CoreSource
Coventry Health Care
Preferred PPO
Kaiser Permanente
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
MedHealthInsurance
Medical Mutual of Ohio
Meritain Health
Molina Healthcare
Molina
Principal Life

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Stern's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Stern's conditions and procedures:

• Acute Gout
  • Adult-Onset Still's Disease
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Arteritis
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polyarteritis
  • Polyarteritis Nodosa
  • Polyarthropathy
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wear and Tear Arthritis
  • Wegener's Granulomatosis
  • X-Ray

Dr. Stern has been in private practice at Rheumatology Associates since July 2003. He is a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas. Dr. Stern primarily ...

• Rheumatology

4.1

Dr. Stern?
Dr. Stern's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Richard Stern, MD
Poor excuse for a doctor (not up to date, argumentative, condescending & saw us < 5 min) He operates a billing scam. He's a provider w our insurance but still required twice the contracted rate paid up front before being seen. After getting EOB from insurance & seeing he knowingly charged twice the contracted amount, after multiple calls, his office has failed to refund the over payment, and for weeks won't answer or return calls. As have others, we also have filed a fraud claim with insurance.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Stern, MD?
I've always had very positive experiences with Dr. Stern. His office and procedures have been very efficient and I very much appreciate the ease in getting appointments and access to care. Even when I have been out of town on business and needed immediate care, I found Dr. Stern to be responsive and attentive to my needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Stern, MD?
While this doctor is friendly, his range of knowledge is somewhat limited to the most common autoimmune disorders. If you have something that presents atypically, Dr. Stern is dismissive and refuses to read up on current medical literature that is beyond his realm of clinical acumen. If you are smart, you will get a second opinion and or avoid this doctor altogether. I went years untreated for a disorder he dismissed. Finally, I am under proper care. Hopefully, it's not too late.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Stern, MD?
Dr Stern has been very proactive in dealing and treating my A.S. He works hard to give me the highest level of care, including in support of the ongoing issues with my insurance provider for prescription drug benefits. He takes extra precaution in working with other doctors that I've used for non-A.S. procedures (ordering various x-rays to lower my risk with anesthesia prior to procedures). He does a great job of explaining my situation. His phlebotomist is the best I've ever encountered.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Stern, MD?
I needed a new rheumatologist after moving and had a 9-year history of UCTD. My labwork came back totally normal, so after one visit he said I had no rheumatic issues. However, he ignored my verbal and written records of years of positive ANA and other markers. He had even called my recent photosensitive rash photos of severe. In the two weeks since my appointment, I've developed a malar rash, mouth sores and worsening joint pain. If you're not a textbook case, I don't advise going to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Stern, MD?
Always enjoy visiting and learning at all my appointments. Dr. Stern is wonderful, detail and always has helpful suggestions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Stern, MD?
Dr Stern is a very knowledgeable physician. He has treated by Autoimmune disease since 2008 and was not afraid to have his diagnosis verified by others before treatment as my autoimmune case was one he knew of but had yet to actually encounter. He was very helpful in coordination with other doctors as I has multiple health issues going on at the same time. He greets every patient with a smile and he has an excellent staff to assist him. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Stern, MD?
Dr. Stern is very prompt with his appointments. You don't have to wait first in the waiting room then in the exam room. He values your time!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Stern, MD?
I have been going to Dr. Stern for 10 years. I have had nothing but positive experiences with him and his entire staff. His demeanor and manner are calm and positive; His approach is thorough, attentive, flexible, and personal. Dr. Stern provides personalized service and goes out of his way to “problem solve” using all of his contacts and knowledge to offer multiple solutions. Dr. Stern is far and away one of the best doctors I have ever met and nothing I can say really does justice to the man.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Stern, MD?
Worst doctor I have ever been to. Provided me with no help with my condition and showed very little concern. I went to him based on other reviews and was very disappointed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Stern, MD?
I would give Dr. Stern 10 stars if I could. He is everything other doctors are not. Excellent knowledge of ra. He has kept me on my feet for over 11 years and I highly recommend Dr Stern. Simply the best. Becky Alexander
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Stern, MD?
I have been very impressed with the care and treatment I have received from Dr. Stern. After my initial diagnosis, he took all the time necessary to thoroughly explain my treatment options and address my questions and concerns. He and his entire staff have been extremely responsive to any issues that I have experienced while under his care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Stern, MD?
After much research, I realized I had an orphan disease called Erythromelalgia which causes extreme neuropathy. Fire! Burning! Over the course of 2 years, I had been to 6 other doctors including two nerve specialists. I finally found Dr Stern, who recognizes the syndrome and was well versed in its treatment. I call him " my Hero." His demeanor is warm, kind and never officious and condescending as are many in the medical world. He looks patients in the eye. I really, really am fortunate.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Stern, MD?
Been going to him for over 7 years, very caring and concerned for my overall well being. The only problem I have had is with scheduling appointments.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Stern, MD?
Dr. Stern is one of the most caring and compassionate doctors I have known. He has a large knowledge base and is willing to spend time sharing that knowledge and explaining details. He is willing to work with other doctors to ensure the best care is provided. I am entirely comfortable recommending him to family, friends and coworkers. He is an excellent doctor and an excellent human being.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Stern, MD?
I have referred multiple people to Dr. Stern, I cannot say enough about what a wonderful physician he is. He has phenomenal clinical skills and a wonderful caring bedside manner. He has been my rheumatologist for the past 8 years and I drive 1 1/2 hours to see him because he is worth it. Dr. Stern always takes time and listens to any concerns. He is absolutely the best doctor ever!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Stern, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Stern for about 7 years. i love the fact he is straight forward, yet he is caring and educated me about what is happening with my RA and the meds that I need to take. He also takes the time to interact with my kids and if they aren't with me he still asks and send me with a few little toys/treasures to give to them. His nursing staff listens and gets with him when I have been in a flare or when I have become ill and i need to talk with him. I highly recommend him!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Stern, MD?
Dr. Stern is old school. This means he is like the old fashioned doctor who used to make home visits and spend a lot of time with his patients. He may not go to my home, but he certainly spends quality time with me. He explains everything with with me and makes sure that my other doctors understand my condition in order to make sure that I am taken care of in the best way. He truly cares about me. In this day and time this is rare. I enjoy seeing him and am glad that I have him as my RA doctor
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Stern, MD?
I consider myself fortunate to have found Dr. Stern and his staff at the Grapevine office shortly after moving back to the DFW area. The past few years I have been coming to his office Dr. Stern has been so knowledgeable, helpful and attentive to my treatment. All of his staff listened to my questions and addressed my concerns with compassion and in a timely manner. I will continue to recommend him to anyone who needs a great rheumatologist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Stern, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Stern for 11 years. If you need a Rheumatologist in the Grapevine area, he is the best. I was diagnosed with Vasculitis 11 years ago and he saved my life! He always takes the time to listen to anything you have to say. He always explains treatment options and risks. He?s one of my favorite doctors and I a see a few. He has a great bedside manner. He?s great with communication to the other doctors I see as well. The Nursing staff is friendly and great too!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Stern?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Stern treats patients.

Compare Providers