Dr. Richard L. Stern, MD

Dr. Richard L. Stern, MD

Rheumatology | Male

Rheumatology Associates 901 W Wall St Ste 103, Grapevine, TX 76051 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Stern specializes in Rheumatology and practices in Grapevine, TX. He practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Stern? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Stern's Experience

96Experience
Match

See how Dr. Stern's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Stern

Dr. Stern accepts 19 insurance carriers

19 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Stern has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Stern

Dr. Stern's Review Details
4.3 based on 51 responses
Experience with Dr. Stern
Dr. Stern's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (47)
in Grapevine, TX |
I have been very impressed with the care and treatment I have received from Dr. Stern. After my initial diagnosis, he took all the time necessary to thoroughly explain my treatment options and address my questions and concerns. He and his entire staff have been extremely responsive to any issues that I have experienced while under his care.
in Allen, TX |
After much research, I realized I had an orphan disease called Erythromelalgia which causes extreme neuropathy. Fire! Burning! Over the course of 2 years, I had been to 6 other doctors including two nerve specialists. I finally found Dr Stern, who recognizes the syndrome and was well versed in its treatment. I call him " my Hero." His demeanor is warm, kind and never officious and condescending as are many in the medical world. He looks patients in the eye. I really, really am fortunate.
in Keller, TX |
Been going to him for over 7 years, very caring and concerned for my overall well being. The only problem I have had is with scheduling appointments.
in Frisco, TX |
Dr. Stern is one of the most caring and compassionate doctors I have known. He has a large knowledge base and is willing to spend time sharing that knowledge and explaining details. He is willing to work with other doctors to ensure the best care is provided. I am entirely comfortable recommending him to family, friends and coworkers. He is an excellent doctor and an excellent human being.
in Millsap, TX |
I have referred multiple people to Dr. Stern, I cannot say enough about what a wonderful physician he is. He has phenomenal clinical skills and a wonderful caring bedside manner. He has been my rheumatologist for the past 8 years and I drive 1 1/2 hours to see him because he is worth it. Dr. Stern always takes time and listens to any concerns. He is absolutely the best doctor ever!!!
Fort Worth, TX |
I have been seeing Dr. Stern for about 7 years. i love the fact he is straight forward, yet he is caring and educated me about what is happening with my RA and the meds that I need to take. He also takes the time to interact with my kids and if they aren't with me he still asks and send me with a few little toys/treasures to give to them. His nursing staff listens and gets with him when I have been in a flare or when I have become ill and i need to talk with him. I highly recommend him!!
in Grapevine, TX |
Dr. Stern is old school. This means he is like the old fashioned doctor who used to make home visits and spend a lot of time with his patients. He may not go to my home, but he certainly spends quality time with me. He explains everything with with me and makes sure that my other doctors understand my condition in order to make sure that I am taken care of in the best way. He truly cares about me. In this day and time this is rare. I enjoy seeing him and am glad that I have him as my RA doctor
in Flower Mound, TX |
I consider myself fortunate to have found Dr. Stern and his staff at the Grapevine office shortly after moving back to the DFW area. The past few years I have been coming to his office Dr. Stern has been so knowledgeable, helpful and attentive to my treatment. All of his staff listened to my questions and addressed my concerns with compassion and in a timely manner. I will continue to recommend him to anyone who needs a great rheumatologist.
in Flower Mound, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr. Stern for 11 years. If you need a Rheumatologist in the Grapevine area, he is the best. I was diagnosed with Vasculitis 11 years ago and he saved my life! He always takes the time to listen to anything you have to say. He always explains treatment options and risks. He?s one of my favorite doctors and I a see a few. He has a great bedside manner. He?s great with communication to the other doctors I see as well. The Nursing staff is friendly and great too!
in Keller, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr. Stern for almost 9 years. I was diagnosed with RA 17 years ago at the age of 35. He always takes the time to answer questions, explain treatment options/risks, and just generally treats patients with a caring and compassionate demeanor. I liked him so much I asked my mother (who lives in OK and has crippling RA) to try him and she and my father were so impressed with him, she decided to switch from her OK rheumatologist to Dr. Stern. Nursing staff great too!
in Grapevine, TX |
Dr. Stern takes the time to listen to anything you have to say. He is very knowledgeable and will go the extra mile to explain everything and will give you printed information if needed to your knowledge. He has a great bedside manner. You really can't go wrong with him. He is my favorite Doctor and I see many. He will get to the root of the problem. He also stays on top of you labs and appointments.
Colleyville, TX |
Dr. Stern is a very good physician. He looks closely with patients for the cause of their individual pains, and looks for the best remedies available to them.
in Southlake, TX |
Dr. Stern is a very knowlegable and conscientious RA doctor. I would highly recommend him to my friends. He answers all of my questions and recommends other doctors for my medical needs. Every doctor he has recommended is excellent. If you need a RA doctor in the Grapevine area, he is the best.
in Gilmer, TX |
Diagnosed with Scleroderma in 2003. Dr. Stern saved two of my fingers on my first visit by sending me directly to the hand surgeon. Dr. Stern has been my quarterback for the past 13yrs. We moved to Gilmer 2 yrs ago and we still drive 2.5 + hrs. to see him. Thanks Dr. Stern for having my back. B Bowden
in Dallas, TX |
I have been seeing Dr. Stern for many years and he has helped me immensely with my rheumatoid arthritis. He is attentive and easy to talk with. He keeps up to date on the latest medications and has helped me find the right combination of medications to help. I would recommend him to my family and friends!
in Irving, Texas |
Dr. Stern is always great. Answers any questions that I may have. He is also helping me get into another specialist.
in Bedford, TX |
Dr.Stern picked up on my rheumatoid arthritis immediately.He put me on remicade and i get by very well.
in Ft Worth, TX |
Dr. Stern was a very thorough and caring physician. office staff was friendly and efficient.
in Royse City, TX |
Dr. Stern is an excellent doctor. From my very first visit I felt very confident with him. He examined me asked a lot of questions, ordered all necessary lab work & x rays and from all of this he diagnosed Psoriatic Arthritis & prescribed a treatment & medication which has helped me greatly. I think Dr. Stern is an excellent doctor who is very professional & caring for his patient.
in Haslet, TX |
Dr Stern and his staff are the absolute best around the DFW area and beyond. I was diagnosed with Lupus in late 2015, and went to Dr Stern immediately. His knowledge, bedside manner, and attentiveness to his patience is simply amazing. He takes the time to help with ANY questions, concerns or comments you have- even if it's late in the evening or on the weekend. His team and other professional recommendations are truly a blessing to anyone who is able to see them.
in Justin, TX |
Dr. Stern has been my Rheumatologist for about 5 years and I consider myself lucky to have him managing my care!! He is friendly, caring, thoughtful, and really takes the time to get to know his patients. His office is fast and efficient and I never spend much time waiting while in the office. During our appointments he is thorough and explains all of my options to me in detail, and also gives me material to read. I would strongly recommend him to anyone looking for a new provider!!
in Keller, TX |
I don't even know where to begin with a review regarding Dr. Stern. He was the one Dr. who was able to control my RA with a combination of meds. He was able to do this by listening to me, taking an actual interest to figure out the problem and figuring out what worked best for me. I am not just a patient or a file with this practice. They treat everyone as an individual and it shows every time I see him. Whether you are not happy with your current treatment or are newly diagnosed- make an appt.
in Keller, TX |
I've been treated for a form of arthritis by Dr. Stern for over a dozen years. I have been extremely happy with his consultative approach to my course(s) of therapy and have found him to be unfailingly kind, attentive to my concerns and requests for information, and quick to see me if the need for an unscheduled consultation arises. I've refered 3-4 prospective patients to Dr. Stern, and have received sincere thanks and glowing reports from each. He's earned all 5 stars I awarded him and more.
in Grapevine TX. |
I would highly recommend Dr. Stern and His assistant Janet. They are the most thorough, finding a solution with necessary tests for the cause, reason, of my pain, and they are continuing to perfect ways to make me healthy again. I respect him because he treats me with great respect to educate me, and treat me, caring about my suffering. He doesn't ignore a thing I complain about, but takes it seriously.
Grapevine, TX |
I would definitely recommend Dr Stern!
in Euless, TX |
I have been seeing Dr. Stern for a couple of years now. He is a very good doctor. He is very empathetic and really listens to what I have to say. His staff is also very good at returning calls and helping me when I really need them.
in Keller, TX |
I have seen Dr. Stern for eight years and really appreciate his care. He is knowledgeable and kind and has made this journey a little less grueling. Thank you Dr. Stern!
in Lantana, TX |
I just love this doctor!!! 12 years ago, my fingers started locking in a closed position. I had several surgeries to unlock them. In addition, if I sat down for more then a few moments, my joints would stiffen and make it almost unbearable to move. Doctors treated my symptoms, but no one gave me a diagnosis until I saw Dr. Stern. He really listened to me, ran the labs based on my symptoms and diagnosed me with Rheumatoid Arthritis. With a good treatment plan from Dr. Stern, I feel great!
in Grand Prairie, TX |
I am so grateful that my primary care doctor referred me to Dr. Richard Stern when I started experiencing swelling in my right hand and wrist. It turned out that I was going into full-blown rheumatoid arthritis. Dr. Stern has given me a practically pain-free life. My mother was crippled badly with arthritis, so I know what arthritis can do to a person. Because of his care for me, I recommended him to two dear friends who feel the same as I. He is the best!
in Roanoke, TX |
Today's visit was a periodic follow up to review medications and labs. Saw doctor at schedule appointment time and was given plenty of time for questions. We even reviewed my current insurance situation.
in Irving, TX |
He has been my Dr. for over 9 years and I would trust no one else with my health. He is direct and clear in his instructions. He has is warm and has a fun sense of humor. He is serious about helping you to get and stay healthy. He expects you to do your best to follow his instructions. He is a good listener and can come up with an idea to help with almost any problem.
in Keller, TX |
Have been seeing Dr. Stern for 10 years. Always spends the time I need and I never feel rushed. top notch doctor in his field. I highly recommend. His office staff is great and this alone tells a lot about a medical practice.
Have you seen Dr. Richard L. Stern, MD?
Are you Dr. Richard L. Stern, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Stern

• Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polyarteritis
  • Polyarteritis Nodosa
  • Polyarthropathy
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis

University Of Tex Sw/parkland

Completed in 2003

University of North Texas

Graduated in 2016

Dr. Stern has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Stern does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stern and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Stern's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Rheumatology
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Stern

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Stern's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Stern

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients