Dr. Richard Stern, DDS

Dr. Richard Stern, DDS

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery | Male

I always try to make my patients feel comfortable and relaxed. Whether we are reviewing the details of your treatment plan or listening to your favorite music during your surgery to put you at ease, it is important for me to go the extra mile to provide the best possible experience for my patients.

Dr. Richard Stern was born and raised in Brooklyn, where his childhood dentist inspired him to pursue dentistry. Eventually, during dental school, he was exposed to the oral and maxillofacial surgery specialty. After seeing the interesting procedures and challenges that oral surgeons encounter, he decided to expand his skillset and complete an oral and maxillofacial residency program.

Dr. Stern has over 18 years of oral and maxillofacial surgery experience, specializing in all areas of oral surgery, including dental implants, wisdom teeth, corrective jaw surgery, facial injury treatment, and more. Dr. Stern is the chairman of the Department of Dentistry at St. Peter's University Hospital and is on staff at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital. These hospital affiliations help patients in need of hospital or emergency room care.

Dr. Stern's Experience

See how Dr. Stern's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Stern

Dr. Stern accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Stern has admitting privileges.

Dr. Stern's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stern to family and friends
Dr. Stern's Performance
in Monroe Township, NJ |
An excellent surgeon very passionate experienced couldn't ask for better Thanks
Our pleasure! Glad to hear you had a 5-star experience. If you need anything in the future, we'd be happy to assist.
in South River, NJ |
I was looking into getting (3) Implants for my upper teeth and my regular dentist Dr. Mark Lawson suggested I go to see Dr. Richard Stern. I was nervous about the procedures and whether of not I was a candidate for this procedure. Dr. Stern took the time to explain the procedures that we would do from the removal of the two teeth I needed to have extracted to the actual implants. I was completely comfortable and satisfied with his care. He answered all my questions.
It means the world to us that you had a great experience. Thank you for the review! Please tell your friends and family!
in Piscataway, NJ |
Dr. Stern performed my implant on 2/6/16 with amazing skill, flawless efficiency and optimal comfort level. None of my pre-surgery anxiety about imminent dental ordeal ever occurred. Instead, it was a wonderful experience end to end. They even offered to play any background music that I wish. Dr. Stern told me what he was about to do prior to each step, so I knew what to expect. Staff are nice. Equipment are new and advanced. bleeding was minimum. I didn't even need pain killer to recover.
It is our pleasure to make your experience as pleasant as possible. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Please tell your friends and family!
in springfield, NJ |
I had 2 dental implants put in my mouth on 01/23/17 late afternoon. Dr Stern and his staff was amazing. If could rate the performance between 1 and 10 and 10 being the best , I would give Dr. Stern and his supporting staff 11. I am truly going to recommend people to this amazing group to perform dental implants in the Middlesex office.
Thank you for the wonderful review. It was our pleasure to take care of you! Please feel free to contact us if we can assist you in the future.
in Bridgewater, NJ |
I had Dr. Stern as my doctor for my wisdom teeth surgery and i couldn't have had a better experience. Dr. Stern was very informative and straight forward providing all of the information that i needed to know. After the surgery he called me to make sure i was feeling okay and answered the questions i had. He is a great Doctor and an excellent surgeon and i would recommend him to anyone i know.
We are pleased to hear that your procedure went well. Thank you for the 5-star review! Please tell your friends and family!
in higland park, NJ |
I had four implants placed by Dr Richard Stern this year. All these procedures were completely painless,; nor, to my surprise, did I have any pain after the procedures. And, besides his technical perfection, Dr. Stern is very friendly, and very humorous---which I particularly appreciate. I will, and did, recommend Dr. Stern, and this office more generally, to my friends.
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review. We truly appreciate the kind words. Please tell your friends and family!
in Pennington, NJ |
I was an emergency patient on a Saturday , suffering an agonizing toothache. Dr. Stern saw me and performed a tooth extraction. I am not a patient of this dental group and was nervous about seeing someone new. However, from the moment I stepped into the office I knew that I was at the right place! Every member of the staff was so kind and made me feel like I was part of the family. Dr. Stern was awesome. He has a pleasant demeanor that made me feel at ease. I highly recommend Dr. Stern!
Thank you for the wonderful review. We strive to give our patients the best possible outcome and we are happy that you had such a great experience.
in Freehold New York |
I had Dr. Richard Stern pull my wisdom tooth that was in my mouth for 50 years. I had absolutely no pain throughout the proseedure.Dr. Stern explained everything as he worked and made me feel so comfortable. I would highly recommend Dr Richard Stern for all oral surgery needs. Deffinately a five star Doctor. The whole staff were amazin and so friendly. ????????????????????
in Bridgewater, NJ |
From the moment we walked in the office I felt as though everyone did their best to make sure my son and I felt comfortable. The front office staff were very friendly and after a very short wait we saw Dr. Stern. My 9 year old son was completely at ease. Dr. Stern made him laugh and explained the procedure in a way he could understand. The procedure was quick and painless. Dr. Stern and his nurses took great care with my son. I would highly recommend Dr. Stern and The Oral Surgery Group!
We are glad we were able to fit you into the schedule. We do our very best to accommodate patients' needs. Thank you for sharing your positive experience and leaving us a review.
in West Orange, NJ |
I had three implants placed with Dr Richard Stern. The procedure was painless. The staff was kind and very helpful. My dentist told me the implants were in a perfect position . I would highly recommend this office.
in Monroe Township, NJ |
I was referred to Dr.Stern for an extraction by my local dentist, and knew nothing about this surgical practice. When my procedure was completed, Dr. Stern prescribed an antibiotic and pain meds, which I filled at the drug store on my way home. Expecting to experience some pain, I took the pain pill as soon as I came home. To my great surprise, I never experienced ANY pain and never took another pain pill during the entire recovery period. My family and I thought that was remarkable.
in Edison, NJ |
I was taken in as an emergency patient on a Saturday for an extraction.....office staff was very accommodating from the phone to in person interaction. Dr stern was so calm and encouraging I will be using him moving forward as I have a dental phobia that he has eased. Would def. recommend this dr to anyone considering using this practice and I don't typically write reviews however not feeling judged by a dentist is always a major concern for me and he made me feel very comfortable.
in Piscataway, NJ |
?Was referred to by my Primary Dentist. The front office staff was pleasant, professional and really helped me to get an appointment as soon as possible. I was very pleased. They are the model for how a medical office should be run. I had Dr. Richard Stern, who took care of my procedure. He was very friendly, and best of all totally painless. I highly recommend him. The recovery nurse explained everything to me in detail regarding aftercare from my procedure. She was terrific. I never had to go
in Parlin, NJ |
Everyone was polite and friendly. The dentist, Richard Stern, was his usual pleasant self. He explained how my implant would be and showed me a live model. His actions are why I ALWAYS want and ask for him. In all the extractions, etc. I never had to take any pain pills after getting home. He is the BEST!
in Bound Brook, NJ |
Outstanding surgeon. The staff are wonderful and treat their patients with such care and respect. Anyone looking for an oral surgeon, I would recommend Dr. Stern. The entire staff is accommodating and so respectful of their patients.
Have you seen Dr. Richard Stern, DDS?

Compare Dr. Stern

}

Dr. Stern's Care Philosophy

Dr. Stern says...

Eventually, Dr. Stern decided to pursue a full oral and maxillofacial surgery residency program. He completed a four-year residency program at Bellevue Hospital in the NYU Medical Center. Through this program, he gained experience treating patients for a variety of oral and facial conditions.

Dr. Stern says...

After completing his residency training, Dr. Stern knew he wanted to provide the highest qualified treatment to his patients. He chose to complete the requirements necessary to become board certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. To do so, he had to take a comprehensive exam testing his knowledge regarding the complex biological practices of the oral and maxillofacial specialty. Dr. Stern is certified with the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology. As a board-certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Stern is the highest qualified dental professional to treat your oral and facial needs.

Dr. Stern's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Facial Fracture
  • Tempormandibular Joint Pain

Binghamton City Hosp
    New York University / College Of Dentistry
    Bellevue Hospital Center Nyu

Dr. Stern does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stern and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery