Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Richard Schulze Jr, MD
I specialize in anterior segment surgery, including cataract surgery, LASIK, PRK, ICL, and corneal transplant surgery (DSEK, DMEK, and PK). My practice was established by my father, Dr. Richard Schulze, Sr., over 40 years ago. As a fourth generation physician, I am fortunate to be able to carry on a tradition of compassionate care and surgical excellence.

728 E 67th St

• Kaiser Permanente
  • Medico
  • Meritain Health

Learn about Dr. Schulze Jr

As a fourth generation physician, I am fortunate to have many wonderful role models within my family.  Our goal is to pursue care that puts the best interests of the patient before all other concerns.  In my practice, I like to think that I don't treat eyes, I treat people, which is another way of saying that for every eye I treat, our plan of care is customized to the individual.

Dr. Schulze Jr's Experience

Dr. Schulze Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Cornea Transplant
  • Eye Surgery
  • Intraocular Lens Implant Surgery
  • LASIK
  • No-Stitch Corneal Transplantation (DLEK)
  • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
  • Refractive Lens Exchange
  • Visian Impantable Collamer Lens (ICL)

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Oxford University
  • Ochsner Clin
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994
  • Ky Eye Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Schulze Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schulze Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schulze Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Schulze Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schulze Jr to family and friends
Dr. Schulze Jr Says:

I appreciate your taking the time to review our practice on Healthgrades.  Our goal is to achieve excellence in medical and surgical eye care.  If you have received great service, please let your family and friends know.  If for any reason you are unhappy about any aspect of your care, please let me and/or my staff know and we will do our best to help you.

Please take the...

Dr. Schulze Jr's Performance
in Savannah, GA |
Dr Schulze is an excellent doctor. He is very soft spoken and very polite. His office staff is also very kind.
Savannah, GA |
Dr Schulze was very through explaining my options and probable results. He never made me feel rushed. His staff were very pleasant and attentive Every one and every thing went went exactly as expected and my results are great. I am doing my other eye next week.
in Iron mountain mi |
Awesome doc. Smart competent compassionate.
in Savannah, GA |
Dr. Schulze is a wonderful doctor. I had 2 cataracts removed, and I am highly pleased with his work. He and his team create an excellent atmosphere for his patients. I highly recommend him and his services.
in Metter, GA |
I have just had eye surgery done with Dr. Schulze at the eye center. The whole staff was outstanding, professional and personable. Couldn't asked for better care from the staff and Dr. Schulze. I would recommend this group to anyone who is experiencing vision problems. Thank you Dr. Schulze and staff. May the Lord bless you as you help others with vision problems.
Bluffton, SC |
Dr. Schulze was recommended by a friend who had excellent results with cataract surgery. Am somewhat of a perfectionist and was thrilled with my results. Had cataract surgery on both eyes and got multi focal lens. Within 24 hours of each surgery could see beautifully both near and far vision. Dr. Schulze and team are friendly, welcoming, efficient. Surgeries are quick, painless. Nurses are very caring and calming. Dr. Schulze is very reassuring and makes sure you are happy with the results!
in Savannah, GA |
Having cataract surgery on both eyes I was so nervous, but the staff there are amazing and I had a wonderful experience. They are warm-hearted and very kind, very professional and are on top of everything--so organized! Being able to have everything done right there at their facility was a big plus, instead of scheduling a hospital for the surgery. Their surgery center made it convenient and it cut down costs. I was fortunate to have been recommended to Dr. Schultz!
in Savannah, GA |
Dr. Richard Schultze is an excellent and caring eye surgeon. His entire office staff is extremely helpful. Thank you Richard for helping me and my husband to see better!
in Savannah, GA |
Dr. Schulze is knowledgeable and a pleasure to visit. The office staff treats everyone with patience and kindness. On the day of surgery everything went smoothly and my husband was home in no time. His vision is better then ever. Dr. Schulze is an excellent surgeon with wonderful results. We highly recommend him.
in Savannah, GA |
I recently had Cataract Surgery from Dr. Schulze and staff! I cannot express how satisfied I'am with the Surgery and his wonderful staff!! This is one of the smoothest Physician operations I have ever encountered as a patient!!! Keep up the great work and compassion y'all show for your patients! Love my new eye site and it's great to not need glasses for driving or reading!!
in Statesboro, GA |
I was referred to the Schulze Eye & surgery Center by my wife whose mother had used Dr. Schulz Sr. for cataract surgery many years ago. This was a good indicator to me that the Center had a long standing service of eye care and this was the only service that was performed at the Center. I did further research on Dr. Schulze Jr. and found his education and experience level to be without question. Thank you Dr. Schulze and staff for a most remarkable experience and a great end result.
in Metter, GA |
After being diagnosed as legally blind for nearsightedness, Dr. Schulze performed a very successful operation, both he and his staff were very professional and friendly. After the surgery, I was amazed with the results. It opened up a whole new world for me. I would highly recommend Dr. Schulze and his staff. God bless Dr. Schulze and his staff.
in Savannah, GA |
Dr. Schultze and his staff are very professional, friendly, and helpful.
in Savannah, GA |
Dr. Schulze is very professional, highly skilled, compassionate, & personableis. I have great confidence in him and would recommend him without hesitation.
in Statesboro, GA |
Dr. Schulze is a wonderful and caring doctor! I recently had cataracts removed from both of my eyes by Dr. Schulze and I have absolutely no regrets. I couldn't be more pleased, as I now see clearly where before the surgery, my whole world looked fuzzy. He and his entire staff are such caring and lovely people. I was treated with kindness by everyone that I came in contact with. Thank you all so very much for restoring my sight. I love you all !!
in Vidalia, GA |
Dr. Schulze, Jr. is the most skilled, knowledgeable eye surgeon anywhere around. He has always been ahead of the curve with new technologies and treatments, and I trust his judgement implicitly. When a procedure is not wise, he clearly explains why. When a procedure may be helpful, he is quick to help me understand it well. He has literally saved my husband's eye sight, and he has recently completed cataract surgery for me. He and his staff are professional, responsive, and friendly.
in bluffton, sc |
He is an exceptional surgeon and has the newest equipment to examine your eyes. He spends a lot of time explaining your options and listens to your needs. The entire staff is very caring and professional. I had both eyes treated for cataract surgery one week apart. Very easy procedure. My eyesight is great and I can see good in night driving as well. Would tell everyone to feel confidant in his services.
in Hilton Head Island, SC |
I had Dr. Schultz for cataract surgery on both eyes and I love my new eyes. He was very professional, helpful and supportive in my choice to have custom monovision surgery. I now have perfect vision in both eyes. The experience was easy, fast and the recovery was great. I would highly recommend Dr. Schultz to anyone considering cataract surgery.
in Brooklet,Georgia |
Excellent Doctor .Very caring and knowledgeable.Excellent Staff and Excellent Surgery Center on site.
in Bloomingdale, Georgia |
Staff is very friendly and professional Dr Schulze performed cataract surgery on my right eye, wow I was a little nervous but let me tell you there was no pain or discomfort at all I will not hesitate when it comes time to do the left eye. He is great.
in Savannah, GA |
The first interaction happens with the staff which are incredible both on the phone and in person. A collection of sympathetic, capable people who put your needs first and work with you to make scheduling the experience and getting everything teed up easy. Dr. Schulze is amazing. His bedside manner is the best I’ve experienced with any doctor and it is obvious after talking with him you are in good hands. He is personable and makes time to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
in Springfield, GA |
I HAD THE BEST EXPERIENCE I HAVE HAD HAVING SURGERY.HE EXPLAINED EVERTHING THAT I NEEDED TO KNOW AND WHAT WAS BEST FOR ME..I HAD CARATACTS REMOVED FROM BOTH EYES WITH NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. NOW I CAN SEE BETTER THAN EVER WITH NO GLASSES.HE HAS A WONDERFUL STAFF WHO ARE VERY CURTIOUS AND KIND AND THEY EVEN CALL TO CHECK ON YOU.HE IS A VERY KNOWEDEGABLE AND EXPERIENCE PHYSCIAN.WILL NOT GO TO ANY OTHER EYE DOCTOR
in Glennville, GA |
I have used Dr. Schulze with Lasix approx. 15 years ago and recently had cataract surgery with refractive lens. I can now see up close without the use of reading glasses. I had complete trust in Dr. Schulze and his staff and did not even consider going anywhere else.
in Claxton, GA |
Very professional, first class staff & facilities.
in Statesboro, GA |
Dr. Schulze is simply The BEST. I recently had cataract surgery and the improvement in my vision and the overall care I received were simply excellent. Dr. Schulze took time to explain my entire procedure and patiently answer all my questions. I felt that he actually cared about me as a patient, not just another eye surgery to be completed. He appears to have a high standard of excellence for himself, as well as his entire staff. As a patient I appreciated that and found it very reassuring.
in Savannah, GA |
Dr. Schulze did cataract surgery on both eyes two years ago with excellent results. I have found Schulze Vision & Surgery Center to provide excellent service to those in need of his services, and while the staff are very professional, they are equally friendly and quick to make a patent at ease. Dr. Schulze goes into great detail what to expect with and after, eye surgery and quick to answer any concerns a patient might have. Excellent Dr. and staff. Highly recommended. J. Pomeroy
Savannah, GA |
Dr.Schulze takes time to listen & explain fully his findings. The wait time is minimal.
in Savannah, GA |
I have had several procedures performed by Dr. Schulze Jr. and couldn't be more pleased. Unlike some physicians, Dr. Schulze is very easy to speak to and is genuinely interested in your vision health. He also makes an effort to maximize your comfort and welfare on procedure day. His staff is friendly and efficient. On your second visit you will feel as if you are visiting friends.
in Brooklet, GA |
Dr. Richard Schulze, Jr. is as good as they come. I researched lasik eye surgeons online and found him and his staff to be of the up most friendliest and professional group around town. I made my Husband and I both appointments to see if we were candidates for surgery. I have never had such a thorough series of eye exams. I was very impressed by that alone. Then my Husband and I met Dr. Shulze, Jr. and he was so explicit about the results of each of our exams and the surgery that he recomme
in Savannah, GA |
I had cataract removals with intraocular lens implantation performed by Dr. Schulze a few weeks ago (second eye done one week after the first). As a registered nurse who has worked in local hospitals, I found the skill and care I received from Dr. Schulze and his staff to be excellent. He is a surgeon of outstanding clinical skill whose first priority is excellent patient care and outcomes. I also noted that his office and surgery center were well staffed with competent, helpful personnel.
in Savannah, GA |
I had cataract surgery in one eye elsewhere and had some problems. We were referred to Dr. Schulze by a physician friend for a second opinion as to the best way to resolve the problem in the eye. Dr Schultze did a more complete and thorough eye exam than I have ever had. I have complete confidence in Dr Schultze and had him repair the initial cataract and do cataract surgery on my other eye. I appreciate the care I received from Dr Schultze and his staff and my vision is now great again.
in Savannah, GA |
I would highly recommend Dr. Schulze to anyone interested in getting the best possible care for themselves or a loved one. Dr. Schulze is wonderful and has staffed his practice with kind and professional people. Our experience in this office has been excellent.
Have you seen Dr. Richard Schulze Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Schulze Jr?