Dr. Richard Schram, MD

Dr. Richard Schram, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Richard Schram, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Austin, TX. He is 61 years old and has been practicing for 36 years. Dr. Schram is affiliated with Arise Austin Medical Center.

Dr. Schram's Experience

See how Dr. Schram's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Schram

Dr. Schram accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Schram has admitting privileges.

Dr. Schram's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schram to family and friends
    3.9
    Dr. Schram's Performance
    in Austin, TX |
    I tore my left ACL 8 years ago and then tore my right one just 6 months ago. I had such a great result with my first surgery that I had great confidence in returning to Dr. Schram again, he replaced them with a patellar graft both times. Both had tremendous results and I would highly recommend him for any sports related injury.
    in Driftwood, Tx |
    I recently had shoulder surgery by Dr. Schram. Recovery is going great. If you have any concerns he takes the time to explain the answers so you understand. I would have no problem recommending Dr. Schram to any friends or relatives for their orthopedic needs. Dr. Schram is a very competent and friendly orthopedic surgeon. Greg McCord.
    in Austin, TX |
    This was the second time for my knee, Dr. Schram patched it up 8 years ago and this time did a partial replacement. Everything went very well and was back on my feet in a couple of weeks. Would highly recommend him for Orthopedic needs.
    in La Grange, TX |
    My experience with Dr. Schram dates back many years ago until just recently. Ten years ago Dr. Schram did a total knee replacement on my right knee and this past December did a total knee replacement of my left knee. Success was achieved on both replacements. I couldn't be happier! Dr. Schram is a very professional surgeon and a very caring person who has his patients best interest at heart. He comes with a strong recommendation from me!!
    in Austin, TX |
    Terrific doctor! Had both knees replaced by him in the last 3 months. I highly recommend Dr. Schram to anyone who is needing total knee replacement surgery.
    Austin, TX |
    Dr. Schram is arrogant, dismissive and rude. His huge ego gets in the way of his compassion and ability listen to his patient. There is no doubt that he has a very high opinion of himself by his cocky demeanor. His defensiveness does not exude confidence but rather fear. Please be assured that this review is neither exaggerated or hysterical. He left me speechless after he examined my 85 year old mother. I could not believe how condescending and accusatory he was towards us. Awful person!
    in Austin, TX |
    Did a great job on rotator cuff surgery and follow up care which is vital to sucess
    in Austin, TX |
    Dr. Schram was honest open and transparent. I went to him fo a second opinion on my full knee replacements. He was very clear about his recommendation and showed me my X-rays and explained how they supported his recommendation. I have had my first full knee relacement and it turned out great! I highly recommend Dr. Schram if you are in need of full knee relacement.
    in Austin, TX |
    I'm a 45 year old male that went to Dr. Schram for pain in my left knee from a soccer injury. MRI was negative but Dr. Schram identified the issue through a physical exam (tear in articular cartilage with possible meniscus tear). Surgery a week later went great. He repaired the articular cartilage but meniscus was ok on inspection. The day after surgery I was weight bearing. Two weeks later I was able to run again. Now, three months later it is like it never happened. Great overall expe
    in Austin, TX |
    He is the best orthopedic dr we have ever encountered! He has operated on my husband and myself...knees and shoulders and he is truly a magician! We would recommend him to anyone!
    in Austin, TX |
    Phenomenal! Highly Recommend Dr. Schram. I had a torn meniscus and Dr. Schram repaired it quickly. I am back playing tennis again! It was not readily apparent that I had torn my meniscus. The MRI report was inconclusive.Dr. Schram discussed the report and took the time to review the underlying scans with me.It was apparent that there was something wrong with my knee that did not ?show? on the report. During the surgery, the tear was found and repaired. Professional and attention to detail !!
    in Austin, TX |
    Highly recommend - the service and professionalism from Dr Schram and his entire team was exceptional. Knee pain was a torn meniscus! Surgery on Friday, walking on Saturday evening and playing golf on Tuesday says it all. There is no doubt he is one of the best, capable and competent doctors and would highly recommend.
    Amazing ! Caring and friendly
    Have you seen Dr. Richard Schram, MD?
    Are you Dr. Schram?

Dr. Schram's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board actions found

Board Action

Dr. Schram has 1 board action

• Professional Misconduct (2/7/2014)
      • Action Taken: Agreed Order with Terms and Conditions
      • Summary: Please reference the following Document
      • Documentation: Download here (PDF)
      • State: Texas

• Internal Derangement of Knee
    • Knee Dislocation
    • Knee Fracture
    • Knee Sprain
    • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
    • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
    • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

BAYLOR COLL OF MED

Graduated in 1981

Baylor College Of Med
      University Tx Med Branch Hosps

Dr. Schram does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schram and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery