Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Richard Santore, MD
Dr. Richard Santore, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in San Diego, CA. He is 68 years old and has been practicing for 42 years. Dr. Santore is affiliated with Sharp Memorial Hospital.

3750 Convoy St Ste 201

San Diego, CA 92111

Learn about Dr. Santore

See how frequently Dr. Santore performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hip Resurfacing
Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
Osteoarthritis of Hip

Dr. Santore's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment
  • Synovial Biopsy

No malpractice history found for California.

• Univ Of Pa Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1975
  • Mass Gen Hospital
  • Queen's Med Center
  • UCLA Med Center

Dr. Santore has no media or publications listed.

• California Orthopaedic Association, Member

Dr. Santore's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Santore to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Santore's Performance
in Yuma, AZ |
In October, 2017, I found myself privileged to be under the care of the world-renowned orthopaedic surgeon Dr. Richard F. Santore and his excellent Clinical Assistant, Henry Tchaghlassian, via the Orthopaedic Medical Group. Evidence to the exceptional skill of Dr. Santore, I was able to walk pain free 3 hours after my THA surgery. I will always hold Dr. Santore in highest regard for the supreme level of care and superlative medical expertise provided to me.
Stockton, CA |
I can not write enough wonderful things about Dr. Santore and his assistant, Henry. They are very genuine people who care a lot about their patients. Dr. Santore is supportive, knowledgable and compassionate. I completely trust him in his decisions and diagnoses. He's operated on me once and I have another one in a week and he helps keep me calm and as stress free as possible. He's truly an expert in his field and I would recommend him for anyone!
in North Hollywood, CA |
UPDATE: nearly 5 months out from surgery... feeling GREAT! Dr. Santore is a fantastic surgeon and beyond that he is a great guy. Makes you feel very comfortable throughout the entire process. All follow ups are pleasant. He, and his assistant, Henry are a great duo and do great work! Extremely happy with the results and would highly recommend him to anyone!
in San Diego, CA |
I cannot speak highly enough of Dr. Santore. I can sum up my experience(s) with him as life-changing. I was born with a form of hip dysplasia that plagued my entire life with pain/discomfort. Over the course of 18 months, Dr. Santore performed pelvic osteotomies on my left and right hip, followed by hardware removal from both. While the surgery/recovery itself wasn't easy, having him as my surgeon was. He was consistently caring, professional, informative, encouraging and exceptional overall.
in Wichita, KS |
Dr. Santore has great bedside manner, and is extremely easy to communicate with. I did not meet him until the day before my scheduled surgery since I had to travel a ways to get to San Diego, and I was immediately comfortable with him and knew I was in good hands. I had a PAO done on my hip and I am currently eleven weeks out, and I feel amazing. He is exceptional at what he does, and he has great staff accompanying him.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Santore explains everything in easy to understand terms. He delivers great quality of care and compassion. The procedure and recovery went exactly as Dr. Santore said it would. I will be back playing golf before I know it but not before I am supposed to!
Queen Creek, AZ |
If you're looking for a doctor that goes above and beyond the normal protocol to ensure you are the number one priority, he's your man. I was told by Several other doctors that a hip replacement was the only option...Dr. Sanford proved everyone wrong. I walk again, thanks to him ?
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Santore literally saved my life, and I am forever grateful for him. Prior to meeting him, I was a 23-year-old in constant pain due to my congenital hip dysplasia. Dr. Santore performed my PAO in 2005, and my life has been active and healthy ever since. I reconnected with him in Nov. 2016 and x-rays showed my hip is still in terrific shape. Dr. Santore will address nutrition and fitness in addition to surgical procedures, he is truly a rare find and has my highest recommendation and respect.
in yorba linda, ca |
Dr Santore is the best Dr we have ever seen. My daughter has Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and needed a PAO. He is the most caring doctor we have met. Plus he is constantly doing research to improve the PAO and making it better for his patients. My daughter has seen many doctors in her life and he is truly the only one I have ever trusted with her health. I can't say enough about him.
in Temecula, CA |
I've heard great things about Dr.Santore but my experience went over & beyond anything I could have imagined. I've been to ALOT of Drs and Dr.Santore is by far the BEST that I've ever been to. He is so passionate about what he does. EXTREMLY knowledgeable & thorough. He is also such a humble man with a generous heart. I'm beyond ecstatic & blessed that I was able to meet this great Doctor. Stephanie his assistant was also helpful & a sweetheart. I highly suggest Dr.Santore :)
in San Diego, CA |
My experience with Dr. Santore was literally life changing! The complex surgery he performed on my hip (at only 43) has given me the ability to be active and pain free again where I was once on track for an early hip replacement. Dr. Santore takes the time to answer questions and explain all that will happen in surgery and recovery. He is the rare physician who is personable, professional, and great at his job. I could not have been in better hands and I would recommend him to everyone!
in San Diego, CA |
Underwent a major surgical operation to restore function to hip joint. Required my pelvis to be broken, re-oriented, then held in place for 6 months by four, eight-inch titanium screws. Was a very anxious time for me. I was worried I might never get to ride my bike again. Dr Santore put me at ease and took excellent care of my needs through this ordeal. Came highly recommended and did not disappoint- my screws are out and I can ride again! Would see Santore again for any hip orthopedic issues.
in San Diego, CA |
Lost ALL trust with Dr. Santore! After 3 major Hip surgeries, & came out of surgery with plates & screws unexpected, he couldn't put my bone back into the socket. Before the first surgery a bone density test was taken which came out normal, and then after surgery I am told I have brittle bones and cannot be fixed!! He scared me by stating that he has to operate on the hip immediately! I would have been better off without any surgery! Fear & trust presented, but now I'm left to deal w/this 4ever!
in San Diego, CA |
Dr. Santore rescued me from Coronado Hospital in 1996 and gave me a hip replacement. Six months later he did a hip replacement on my other hip and six months after that he did a total knee replacement on my left knee. This is 2016 and my hips and knees are still working fine. Never have I had a problem. I have been working as a Director of Social Services and hardly ever missed a days work. I just recently retired. I am so grateful for Dr. Santore. He gave me a whole new life.
in Poway, CA |
Dr. Santore is a phenomenal surgeon. Prior to surgery, he answered all my questions and fully discussed my options to resolve my issues. My initial exam was the most thorough exam any doctor had provided to determine exactly what was wrong with my hip. After surgery, Dr. Santore visited me every day in the hospital and answered whatever questions I had. He made sure my pain was managed and that I was taken care of. I am very pleased with the level of care and expertise Dr. Santore provides.
Have you seen Dr. Richard Santore, MD?
Are you Dr. Santore?