Dr. Richard Santore, MD

Dr. Santore
Telehealth services available

Orthopedic Medical Group

3750 Convoy St Ste 201 San Diego, CA 92111

Dr. Richard Santore, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in San Diego, CA and has over 47 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine medical school in 1975. He is affiliated with Sharp Memorial Hospital. He has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Santore to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Santore with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Palomar Health.

Make an appointment at Palomar Health today at (442) 274-0585.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Palomar Health.

Dr. Santore's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Santore

4.5

11.904761904761905%

Dr. Santore

As a Registered Nurse, I have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly in medicine, especially when it comes to patient care. Dr. Santore ranks in the top 1% of all MDs that I have ever dealt with. Besides his years of expertise, his bedside manner exceeds all expectations. I saw him for a second opinion of my need for hip replacement. He took the time to explain everything and calm my nerves. He did not sit in front of a computer and type away while I spoke. He actually listened to what I was saying and I felt "heard", not being just another "number". He went above & beyond and gave me a thorough evaluation. This how MDs used to treat patients as his actions reflects his values. I would also like comment about Henry, his Administrative Assistant. Henry is "on the ball", anticipating all patients needs, is super-organized and very personable. Overall, a very professional experience with Dr. Santore and Henry! I will use this team for my hip replacement instead of my HMO!
Aug 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Santore, MD?
Dr. Santore’s surgical consultation clarified complex hip replacement surgery that put my mind at ease. I now have the confidence to make informed decisions about an important surgery to return my mobility and quality of life. Dr. Santore and his assistant Henry communicate well and went above and beyond what I expected. I can highly recommend him.
Chris E. McGoey – Aug 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Santore, MD?
My experience has been outstanding with the knee replacement surgery. I am now at three weeks post surgery and the PT people tell me I am at the point that most of their patients take six weeks to get to. I am sure it is because of the talent and care of Dr Santore.
Feb 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Santore, MD?
I’ve never met a more kind and caring surgeon. He spends whatever time necessary to help get his patients. Every single patient tells of how he’s changed their life and I can 100% confirm that he does exactly that.
Feb 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Santore, MD?
I have had 4 major surgeries on my hips and of all of my doctors, Dr. Santore is in a league of his own. He was the only one who was able to properly diagnose me and perform the specialized surgery I needed. Not only is he incredibly knowledgable, he is kind and thoughtful. He takes the time to listen and treats patients with a level of respect I have never had before. He told me that my pain was real, my condition was specialized and others did not understand it, and that my underlying structural issues had never been addressed. He also told me he could fix my problems. Not only is Dr Santore nothing short of the best doctor I've ever worked with, but his staff is expectational. His Clinical Administrator, Henry Tchaglassian, is thorough, intelligent, and completely committed to helping patients. He has answered hundreds of questions from me and has even emailed me in the middle of the night to help. Because of Henry and Dr Santore, I am learning to walk again without pain.
Emma Jensen – Nov 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Santore, MD?
I had my first PAO in 2015 and the second in 2016 under the care of Dr. Santore. I'll have to say that I was very fortunate to have been referred to him. He genuinely cares about his patients, is thorough in his explanations, never rushed and a funny guy. I feel great and thankful that I had a top notch doctor with a sense of humor.
Laura in Mission Viejo, CA – Jun 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Santore, MD?
I had two periacetabular osteotomies done (one on each hip) with Dr. Santore nearly two years ago after 7 prior hip surgeries with other doctors. I am now 28 years old, and finally able to start living a normal life. Not only is Dr. Santore an incredible surgeon, he genuinely cares about his patients. He never seemed rushed and was always genuine in the care he provided. I am so grateful to have found Dr. Santore.
Desiree in Phoenix, AZ – Dec 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Santore, MD?
I had a periacetabelur osteotomy on my left hip nearly 10 years ago after a lifetime of pain and multiple other procedures and surgeries. Dr Santore save my quality of life and I thank him and his team every day.
Kasey Higbee in Oregon – Nov 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Santore, MD?
In October, 2017, I found myself privileged to be under the care of the world-renowned orthopaedic surgeon Dr. Richard F. Santore and his excellent Clinical Assistant, Henry Tchaghlassian, via the Orthopaedic Medical Group. Evidence to the exceptional skill of Dr. Santore, I was able to walk pain free 3 hours after my THA surgery. I will always hold Dr. Santore in highest regard for the supreme level of care and superlative medical expertise provided to me.
Gabrielle Steinau in Yuma, AZ – Oct 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Santore, MD?
I can not write enough wonderful things about Dr. Santore and his assistant, Henry. They are very genuine people who care a lot about their patients. Dr. Santore is supportive, knowledgable and compassionate. I completely trust him in his decisions and diagnoses. He's operated on me once and I have another one in a week and he helps keep me calm and as stress free as possible. He's truly an expert in his field and I would recommend him for anyone!
Stockton, CA – Oct 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Santore, MD?
UPDATE: nearly 5 months out from surgery... feeling GREAT! Dr. Santore is a fantastic surgeon and beyond that he is a great guy. Makes you feel very comfortable throughout the entire process. All follow ups are pleasant. He, and his assistant, Henry are a great duo and do great work! Extremely happy with the results and would highly recommend him to anyone!
Dylan Montefusco in North Hollywood, CA – Oct 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Santore, MD?
I cannot speak highly enough of Dr. Santore. I can sum up my experience(s) with him as life-changing. I was born with a form of hip dysplasia that plagued my entire life with pain/discomfort. Over the course of 18 months, Dr. Santore performed pelvic osteotomies on my left and right hip, followed by hardware removal from both. While the surgery/recovery itself wasn't easy, having him as my surgeon was. He was consistently caring, professional, informative, encouraging and exceptional overall.
Kiara Davis in San Diego, CA – Jun 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Santore, MD?
Dr. Santore has great bedside manner, and is extremely easy to communicate with. I did not meet him until the day before my scheduled surgery since I had to travel a ways to get to San Diego, and I was immediately comfortable with him and knew I was in good hands. I had a PAO done on my hip and I am currently eleven weeks out, and I feel amazing. He is exceptional at what he does, and he has great staff accompanying him.
Claire in Wichita, KS – May 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Santore, MD?
Dr. Santore explains everything in easy to understand terms. He delivers great quality of care and compassion. The procedure and recovery went exactly as Dr. Santore said it would. I will be back playing golf before I know it but not before I am supposed to!
Bennett in Philadelphia, PA – Apr 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Santore, MD?
If you're looking for a doctor that goes above and beyond the normal protocol to ensure you are the number one priority, he's your man. I was told by Several other doctors that a hip replacement was the only option...Dr. Sanford proved everyone wrong. I walk again, thanks to him ?
Queen Creek, AZ – Mar 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Santore, MD?
Dr. Santore literally saved my life, and I am forever grateful for him. Prior to meeting him, I was a 23-year-old in constant pain due to my congenital hip dysplasia. Dr. Santore performed my PAO in 2005, and my life has been active and healthy ever since. I reconnected with him in Nov. 2016 and x-rays showed my hip is still in terrific shape. Dr. Santore will address nutrition and fitness in addition to surgical procedures, he is truly a rare find and has my highest recommendation and respect.
Kim D. in Phoenix, AZ – Dec 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Santore, MD?
Dr Santore is the best Dr we have ever seen. My daughter has Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and needed a PAO. He is the most caring doctor we have met. Plus he is constantly doing research to improve the PAO and making it better for his patients. My daughter has seen many doctors in her life and he is truly the only one I have ever trusted with her health. I can't say enough about him.
Monique Stewart in yorba linda, ca – Dec 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Santore, MD?
I've heard great things about Dr.Santore but my experience went over & beyond anything I could have imagined. I've been to ALOT of Drs and Dr.Santore is by far the BEST that I've ever been to. He is so passionate about what he does. EXTREMLY knowledgeable & thorough. He is also such a humble man with a generous heart. I'm beyond ecstatic & blessed that I was able to meet this great Doctor. Stephanie his assistant was also helpful & a sweetheart. I highly suggest Dr.Santore :)
Christy Ortiz in Temecula, CA – Sep 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Santore, MD?
My experience with Dr. Santore was literally life changing! The complex surgery he performed on my hip (at only 43) has given me the ability to be active and pain free again where I was once on track for an early hip replacement. Dr. Santore takes the time to answer questions and explain all that will happen in surgery and recovery. He is the rare physician who is personable, professional, and great at his job. I could not have been in better hands and I would recommend him to everyone!
Jenny in San Diego, CA – Aug 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Santore, MD?
Underwent a major surgical operation to restore function to hip joint. Required my pelvis to be broken, re-oriented, then held in place for 6 months by four, eight-inch titanium screws. Was a very anxious time for me. I was worried I might never get to ride my bike again. Dr Santore put me at ease and took excellent care of my needs through this ordeal. Came highly recommended and did not disappoint- my screws are out and I can ride again! Would see Santore again for any hip orthopedic issues.
M in San Diego, CA – Jun 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Santore, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Santore?
Provider explaining information to patient