Dr. Richard Santore, MD

Dr. Richard Santore, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Orthopedic Medical Group 3750 Convoy St Ste 201 San Diego, CA 92111 Get Directions

Dr. Richard Santore, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in San Diego, CA. He is 68 years old and has been practicing for 42 years. Dr. Santore is affiliated with Sharp Memorial Hospital.

Dr. Santore's Experience

See how Dr. Santore's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Santore

Dr. Santore accepts 4 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Santore has admitting privileges.

Dr. Santore's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Santore to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Santore's Performance
in San Diego, CA |
I cannot speak highly enough of Dr. Santore. I can sum up my experience(s) with him as life-changing. I was born with a form of hip dysplasia that plagued my entire life with pain/discomfort. Over the course of 18 months, Dr. Santore performed pelvic osteotomies on my left and right hip, followed by hardware removal from both. While the surgery/recovery itself wasn't easy, having him as my surgeon was. He was consistently caring, professional, informative, encouraging and exceptional overall.
in Wichita, KS |
Dr. Santore has great bedside manner, and is extremely easy to communicate with. I did not meet him until the day before my scheduled surgery since I had to travel a ways to get to San Diego, and I was immediately comfortable with him and knew I was in good hands. I had a PAO done on my hip and I am currently eleven weeks out, and I feel amazing. He is exceptional at what he does, and he has great staff accompanying him.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Santore explains everything in easy to understand terms. He delivers great quality of care and compassion. The procedure and recovery went exactly as Dr. Santore said it would. I will be back playing golf before I know it but not before I am supposed to!
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Santore is a life saver! I had Legg Calve Perthes and it caused major hip deformities. Many doctors told me my only option was a replacement. That was my diagnosis for years, but Dr. Santore proved everyone wrong. I was out of the hospital in 2 1/2 days w minimal pain. Also, his personality is top notch. He makes you feel so comfortable through the whole process. I would recommend him w the highest regard to anyone w hip problems. He's your man! All about the patient. Doesn't get better
Queen Creek, AZ |
If you're looking for a doctor that goes above and beyond the normal protocol to ensure you are the number one priority, he's your man. I was told by Several other doctors that a hip replacement was the only option...Dr. Sanford proved everyone wrong. I walk again, thanks to him ?
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Santore literally saved my life, and I am forever grateful for him. Prior to meeting him, I was a 23-year-old in constant pain due to my congenital hip dysplasia. Dr. Santore performed my PAO in 2005, and my life has been active and healthy ever since. I reconnected with him in Nov. 2016 and x-rays showed my hip is still in terrific shape. Dr. Santore will address nutrition and fitness in addition to surgical procedures, he is truly a rare find and has my highest recommendation and respect.
in yorba linda, ca |
Dr Santore is the best Dr we have ever seen. My daughter has Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and needed a PAO. He is the most caring doctor we have met. Plus he is constantly doing research to improve the PAO and making it better for his patients. My daughter has seen many doctors in her life and he is truly the only one I have ever trusted with her health. I can't say enough about him.
in Temecula, CA |
I've heard great things about Dr.Santore but my experience went over & beyond anything I could have imagined. I've been to ALOT of Drs and Dr.Santore is by far the BEST that I've ever been to. He is so passionate about what he does. EXTREMLY knowledgeable & thorough. He is also such a humble man with a generous heart. I'm beyond ecstatic & blessed that I was able to meet this great Doctor. Stephanie his assistant was also helpful & a sweetheart. I highly suggest Dr.Santore :)
in San Diego, CA |
My experience with Dr. Santore was literally life changing! The complex surgery he performed on my hip (at only 43) has given me the ability to be active and pain free again where I was once on track for an early hip replacement. Dr. Santore takes the time to answer questions and explain all that will happen in surgery and recovery. He is the rare physician who is personable, professional, and great at his job. I could not have been in better hands and I would recommend him to everyone!
in San Diego, CA |
Underwent a major surgical operation to restore function to hip joint. Required my pelvis to be broken, re-oriented, then held in place for 6 months by four, eight-inch titanium screws. Was a very anxious time for me. I was worried I might never get to ride my bike again. Dr Santore put me at ease and took excellent care of my needs through this ordeal. Came highly recommended and did not disappoint- my screws are out and I can ride again! Would see Santore again for any hip orthopedic issues.
in San Diego, CA |
Lost ALL trust with Dr. Santore! After 3 major Hip surgeries, & came out of surgery with plates & screws unexpected, he couldn't put my bone back into the socket. Before the first surgery a bone density test was taken which came out normal, and then after surgery I am told I have brittle bones and cannot be fixed!! He scared me by stating that he has to operate on the hip immediately! I would have been better off without any surgery! Fear & trust presented, but now I'm left to deal w/this 4ever!
in San Diego, CA |
Dr. Santore rescued me from Coronado Hospital in 1996 and gave me a hip replacement. Six months later he did a hip replacement on my other hip and six months after that he did a total knee replacement on my left knee. This is 2016 and my hips and knees are still working fine. Never have I had a problem. I have been working as a Director of Social Services and hardly ever missed a days work. I just recently retired. I am so grateful for Dr. Santore. He gave me a whole new life.
in Poway, CA |
Dr. Santore is a phenomenal surgeon. Prior to surgery, he answered all my questions and fully discussed my options to resolve my issues. My initial exam was the most thorough exam any doctor had provided to determine exactly what was wrong with my hip. After surgery, Dr. Santore visited me every day in the hospital and answered whatever questions I had. He made sure my pain was managed and that I was taken care of. I am very pleased with the level of care and expertise Dr. Santore provides.
Have you seen Dr. Richard Santore, MD?
Are you Dr. Santore?

Compare Dr. Santore

Dr. Santore's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Santore has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Santore's Board Certifications

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Hip Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot