Dr. Richard Salazar, MD

Dr. Richard Salazar, MD

Neurology  ·
Dr. Richard Salazar, MD is a neurology specialist in Montgomery, AL and has been practicing for 5 years. He graduated from Cayetano Heredia University in 2005 and specializes in neurology and neurological movement disorders.

1801 Pine St Ste 202

Montgomery, AL 36106

• Kaiser Permanente
  • Medicare

Learn about Dr. Salazar

See how frequently Dr. Salazar performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Brain Disorders
Gait Abnormality

Dr. Salazar's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Salazar "My main interests include parkinson's disease and parkinsonism, essential tremor, dystonia, dementias, huntington's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, epilepsy, encephalopathies, autoimmune disorders (e.g. myasthenia gravis), among others. "

• Neurology
  • Neurological Movement Disorders

• Neurology
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• Peruvian University Cayetano Heredia / Academic Program Of Medicine
  • Henry Ford Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012
  • University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Salazar does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Salazar and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Salazar's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Salazar to family and friends

Dr. Salazar's Performance

Dr Salazar is an excellent doctor that truly cares about his patients. He is very professional and has the most wonderful bedside manners. I highly recommend Dr Salazar.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Salazar is a great! He is very knowledgeable and has a wonderful bedside manner. I would highly recommend seeing Dr. Salazar.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
The worst "Doctor" I have ever come in contact with. He basically told a patient that she was crazy for having odd symptoms. I would not recommend him to my worst enemy. Very bad bedside manner and arrogant as they get. Probably will not give you a diagnosis.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I am 41 years old and was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2011. I felt ill and could not get out of bed some days. Dr. Salazar gave me quality of life back. He was new to Colorado and accepted me as a new patient. The 2 years he was my neurologist were the best I had felt in years. He...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
In my first 30 minutes with Dr. Salazar he announced an opinion that conflicted with 20 years of diagnosis then sent me away for 2 months. Upon my next visit he, again, said the previous diagnosis was wrong and that he couldn't help me. When a conclusive procedure confirming the original...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

I regret to hear that you suffer from a chronic neurological disorder for which other physicians haven't been able to provide much assistance. I always spend great amount of time with my patients (30-45 min) and don't take prior diagnosis for granted. Whenever I encounter a conflicting diagnosis, I recomend a sooner follow up appointment (6-8 weeks). I apologize if I couldn't be of much assistance. I sincerely hope your health gets better.