Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Richard Sachson, MD
Richard Sachson, M.D., received his Bachelor of Science Degree from Brooklyn College, Brooklyn, New York in 1964, and his M.D. (summa cum laude) in 1968 from the State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York. In 1967, he was inducted into Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. He completed a year as a guest investigator at Rockefeller University in New York City. Dr. Sachson then did his internship and residency from 1968-1970 with the Department of Internal Medicine, University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, Illinois and received the Hilger Perry Jenkins Award in 1970. In 1972 he completed two years of fellowship with a Clinical Association with the National Institutes of Health, NIAMDD, Bethesda, Maryland followed by an additional two years as a Clinical Research Fellow, Endocrine Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts.

10260 N Central Expy Ste 100

Dallas, TX 75231

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Sachson

The medical specialty of Endocrinology focuses on endocrine and metabolic disorders. The endocrine system is composed of organs (glands) that produce hormones which regulate certain body functions. Metabolism consists of the biochemical processes in the body that cause the breaking down of some substances (e.g. food) and the building up of others (e.g., fat, muscle or bone).

Dr. Sachson's Experience

Dr. Sachson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Adrenal Gland Diseases
  • Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Diabetes Type 1
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant

• U Chicago Hosps
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1970
  • Massachusetts General Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1974

Dr. Sachson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sachson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sachson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sachson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sachson to family and friends
Dr. Sachson's Performance
Dallas, TX |
Smart guy, knows his stuff. Helps me keep my illness well controlled.
in Mckinney, TX |
Dr. Sachson and staff are simply the best. I cannot say enough great things about my ongoing positive experiences with Dr Sachson.
in Plano, TX |
I would recommend Dr. Sachson very highly . He is professional and thorough in his explanation of the diagnosis and treatment . I appreciate the time he takes to answer questions and to demonstrate with visuals so as to ensure clarity. Also, he is personable, friendly, and easy to talk to.
Mckinney, TX |
Dr Sachson treats several members of my family. I recommend him without hesitation!
in Dallas, TX |
Yes, I would recommend Dr. Sachson to my family and friends. It was may cousin that recommended Dr. Sachson to me.
in Dallas, TX |
Grouchy and did not explain test results or address concerns well. My referring physician was disappointed as well with support regarding concerns and needs. I would most likely go see different doctors than at Dr. Sachson's office.
Dallas, TX |
His customer service is aweful. He spoke to me like I was an idiot when he was answering questions. He seemed like he was rushing the appointment to get onto the next after he was already late to mine. After the appointment there was no contact from the front desk about a fallow up on the bloodwork that was drawn, just an email saying to call and make and appointment. One experience was enough for me.
Dallas, TX |
My visit to Dr. Sachson's office was excellent. I was able to get an appointment quickly. The staff was courteous and pleasant. They accepted my insurance. Informed me about the results of my tests.
in Dallas, TX |
First of all, Dr Sachson is a nice caring person. I am a relatively new patient and my former Endocrinologist, while a nice enough guy, just did not seem engaged wit me when he was treating me. Dr Sachson is not that way, I feel I am getting all of his attention when he is in the room with me. He explains things thoroughly and makes sure I understand it. I m happy I am now seeing Dr Sachson.
in Dallas, TX |
Horrible. Had none of my tests from GP. Used outdated methods, said hair loss was due to age. Didn't even look at my pattern baldness. Total waste of time and money. Needs to retire
in Crandall Tx |
I have been seeing Dr Sachson since December I'm very pleased with the care that I am receiving from this office. Dr Sachson And his staff are an Awsome group would highly recommend them
Dallas, TX |
I am a grateful and happy patient of Dr. Richard Sachson for about 20 years. It is a privilege to be a patient of Dr. Sachson, who is a caring, nice and brilliant physician. His talented staff have strong medical knowledge and skills. Friends we have recommended say they were treated with respect and kindness. My personal experience regarding wait time is usually less than five minutes. Dr. Sachson's staff love and respect him, which illustrates what a great guy to have as your physician.
Dallas, TX |
I find Dr. Sachson knowledgeable, attentive and responsive.
Dallas, TX |
I am very happy. I have had only good impressions from everyone I have dealt with. It is very easy to contact them through their patient portal and they always respond promptly.
in Big Spring, TX |
Dr Sachson is the consummate professional. I could not feel more at ease knowing my future health is in his hands.
in Plano, TX |
Dr. Sachson demonstrates expertise in his field and I feel confident that I am in great hands under his care.
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Sachson is a great Dr. but to many times I had a long wait in the wait room when I showed up early for my appt. When trying to get prescriptions for my insulin pump supplies, I was held hostage until I made an appointment and saw the Diabetic Educator, poor customer service. I was a consistent every 3 month visitor, why hold me hostage like that? It had the feeling that they have forgotten that we are customers, not just patients. These are the reasons I decided to switch doctors.
in Dallas, TX |
I have loved having Dr. Sachson as my endocrinologist. Every part of his practice is wonderful - EXCEPT for the long wait times in their waiting room.
Lafayette, LA |
Tremendous knowledge and experienced professional. No nonsense approach and tells it like it is. Very fortunate to have connected with Dr. Sachson for my endocrine care.
Rockwall, TX |
I first began seeing Dr. Sachson in 1976; we have grown up together! I came to Dr. Sachson after having pituitary surgery and radiation in San Francisco. Since I was settling in Dallas, Dr.Sachson was highly recommended to me, and he handles the greatest part of my condition; hypopituitarism. If I have a problem out of his area, he refers me to another physician. Dr. Sachson always spends enough time with me to discuss whatever is necessary.....a new condition, medication, whatever.
Irving, TX |
Absolutely! I have already recommended Dr. Sachson to a couple of my buddies.
in Plano, TX |
No question about it, Dr. Sachson and his staff have been just great in helping my wife and me in overcoming our osteoporosis.
in Frost, TX |
I have been seeing Dr.Sachson for 30+ years. He is thorough , keeps abreast lastest medical, treats me with respect and compassion. Couldn't think of seeing anyone else unless he recommended it.
Garland, TX |
Dr. Sachson is extremely competent, has great bedside manners, and is very responsive to questions and prescription needs. He's a great endocrinologist!
Waxahachie, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr. Sachson for more than 15 years. He is easy to talk with and always available if needed.
in Keller, TX |
I have been under Dr. Sachson's care for nearly 20 years. He was recommended to me by a friend and my research on his practice indicated he was one of the preeminent endocrinology doctors in Dallas which remains true today. I had been struggling with a lot of problems related to diabetes and other conditions. Dr. Sachson's first words to me were "let's get the diabetes under control then we can talk about the other conditions". From that point on my condition improved then stabilized.
Irving, TX |
Dr. Sachson is extremely personable and makes you feel at ease immediately. He actively listens to your concerns and makes solid easy to follow recommendations.
Keller, TX |
I've been seeing Dr. Sachson since I was 11 years old. He's wonderful!!
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Sachson is one of the best doctors I've ever had the pleasure of seeing. My health issue was difficult to diagnose due to my medications. He stuck with it, got me the help I needed, and succeeded in determining the underlying issue. Without his excellent care and considerable expertise, I might not be alive today. I'm very grateful for his ongoing medical care.
in Garland, TX |
for my personal care ... very good.
Mckinney, TX |
I've been seeing Dr. Sachson for 10 years now. I appreciate the quality of care I am provided. I find him very thorough.
in San Antonio, TX |
While I appreciate Dr. Sachson and his NPs attempt to help me over 2.5 years I finally had to move to another office; not because of the Dr's care but because of the pathetic quality of the back office. Multiple scheduling issues on their part, every Fax I sent failed to make it to my doctor or into my chart. Every refill request took a week or more to get through and in a couple emergent instances I was met with disdain and contempt IF i was actually able to get someone live. Disappointed.
Dallas, TX |
I would recommend Dr, Sachson and his staff.
in dallas, tx |
Very good caring doctor.
in Gladewater, TX |
Just wondered about side effects of medication prescribed by my Primary and Dr. Schason came in and immediately assured me that I needed the med and they were watching out for me with tests showing critical levels important to my health and no bad effects were showing up from the med. He explained he was slightly increasing a different med based on test results. He keeps you informed.
Richardson, Texas |
Dr Sachson listened to my concerns and then explained effectively a plan of care. He is thorough and put me at ease.
Richardson, TX |
I have been seeing Dr Sachson for over 33 years. I liked the visit better when he would introduce a medical student.
in Richardson, TX |
Excellent doctor. Have gone to him for many years. Would highly recommend him.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Sachson is thorough and kind, but very business-like--exactly what I want in a doctor.
in Dallas, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr. Sachson for about 30 years. That should tell you how satisfied I am with his physician services for the treatment of my Diabetes. He is very attentive, asks questions during my visits, and is always willing to answer my questions and explain the science of the disease. I feel very comfortable with him as my Endocrinologist.
Allen, TX |
Dr Sachson attention to details and his explanation of issue make us clear understanding of problem. The way he interacts with patients feel well connected and patient feel comfortable to ask more questions to get clarifications.
Dr. Sachson is a superb endocrinologist, very caring, empathetic, willing to listen.
in Plano, TX |
Very thoughtful always listening.
Dr Sachson ie one of the best Dr in Dallas
in Collinsville, TX |
Great Doctor and Staff. Always available to answer my questions. I feel my life medical condition is under control since I started with Dr. Sachson.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Sachson is a great physician with a wonderful bedside manner. His examinations are performed with care and completeness, and most of all he takes the time to listen and does not come across as if he is in a hurry for his next appointment. I would highly recommend Dr. Sachson to anyone looking for an Endocrinologist.
Highly
Richardson, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr. Sachson for a number of years. He has always been very professional and I have great confidence in his care. I would certainly recommend him to all my friends and family.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr Sachson is excellent. He is knowledgeable and experienced and answers questions patiently and thoroughly. If you ask him questions via the patient portal, he responds promptly. The staff members are courteous and efficient.
in Plano, TX |
Dr Sachson has been providing care for my Diabetes for almost 25 years. The results have been very good over that long period of time. Thanks
Have you seen Dr. Richard Sachson, MD?

Visit Dr. Sachson