Dr. Richard Ryu, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 66

Dr. Ryu

Ryu/Hurvitz Orthopedics Clinic

2936 De La Vina St Ste 100 Santa Barbara, CA 93105

Dr. Richard Ryu, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Santa Barbara, CA and has been practicing for 39 years. He graduated from University Of California, San Francisco, School Of Medicine in 1980 and specializes in orthopedic surgery.

Dr. Ryu's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ryu

4.4

Dr. Ryu?
Dr. Ryu's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Richard Ryu, MD
50 year old guy with a full torn acl. With a new technique, Dr. Ryu repaired vs replaced my acl. Recovery, rehab, and pain-free was much faster. Running & biking a few months later; strong knee. Awesome Surgeon !!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Ryu, MD?
I am absolutely satisfied (amazed, actually) with the bone-graft + soft tissue stabilization performed on my shoulder by Dr. Ryu. Every single aspect of my experience was pleasant, from the weeks leading up to the procedure, to the pre- and post-op processes, to the aftercare and follow up visits. The staff is both warm and helpful. I HIGHLY recommend seeing Dr. Ryu for shoulder issues, especially complicated ones such as mine. Thanks again Dr. Ryu!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Ryu, MD?
Dr Ryu is a miracle man. At 65 years of age, I wasn't ready to give up swimming 4000 yards every other day. But, every stroke hurt. After shoulder surgery with Dr Ryu to remove a very large bone spur and physical therapy with Hayashida, I am on my way back up to my usual yardage. My shoulder feels great. I recommend Dr Ryu to anyone who wants the best results in shoulder surgery. (I laugh about the "?" about wait time at Dr Ryu's office. Dr Ryu is always on time! He respects my time!)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Ryu, MD?
Dr. Ryu is a very skilled orthopedic surgeon. I went to him with a complicated shoulder issue that another surgeon didn't feel comfortable handling. He performed an arthroscopic surgery and with physical therapy I have complete range of motion without pain. An additional surgery for my rotator cuff tears will not be necessary. I have full faith and confidence in Dr. Ryu's skill and knowledge and love the fact that he did the least amount of surgery necessary.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Ryu, MD?
Fortunately I was able to get in to see Dr. Ryu for an evaluation of my shoulder pain. Following an exam and MRI it was determined that I had a complex tear of my rotator cuff. I opted for the rotator cuff surgical procedure, as I am fully aware that Dr. Ryu is a highly skilled and gifted orthopedic surgeon. After 7 months of his instructional guidance through the post-op period, I am now fully recovered, pain free with full range of motion. I would recommend Dr. Ryu without reservations.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Ryu, MD?
Dr. Ryu provided me with excellent counsel and service before, during, and after my rotator cuff surgery. Great communicator.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Ryu, MD?
I have been under the care of Dr Ryu for 1.5 years due to a major knee injury. During my 1st surgery he found damage that did no show on the Xray's or MRI. He explained in great detail what my options where to get me back on my feet. A very new process (Denovo of Patella) Juvenile Tissue stem cell implant to the patella was best. Before the implant I had a very limited range of motion and chronic pain. I am still recovering but have minimal pain with full range of motion. Dr Ryu is AMAZING!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Ryu, MD?
Over a period of 9 years, Dr. Ryu has performed surgery on my right shoulder, my left shoulder and my left knee, and all 3 surgeries were tremendous successes in fully eliminating the severe pain I was suffering in those problem joints. The reason I originally went to Dr. Ryu was I kept hearing his name mentioned as an excellent surgeon in the men's locker room at Santa Barbara Athletic Club, where many of his patients are members. I highly recommend Dr. Ryu for any shoulder or knee problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Ryu, MD?
Dr. Ryu repaired my torn Rotator Cuff & torn Bicep Tendon in December 2016. I am 7 months post surgery and about 80% recovered with no pain and 100% range of motion. He is very knowledgeable, professional and an excellent surgeon. Listen carefully to his recovery and rehabilitation instructions and do exactly what he says. Dr. Ryu is adamant about continued strength conditioning to ensure 100% recovery. He is a leader in his field and I would highly recommend him...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Ryu, MD?
Outstanding in the orthopedic field,tells it like it is! Office staff very professional and friendly and PT personnel that he works with are excellant !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Ryu, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ryu?

1980
University Of California, San Francisco, School Of Medicine
1980

Dr. Ryu accepts

Dr. Ryu accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Advantage Preferred DirectAccess Plus PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of California PPO
Select Plus HMO
Select PPO

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Ryu's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Knee Arthroscopy
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain