Dr. Richard Ruskin, MD

Dr. Richard Ruskin, MD

Pain Medicine | Male

Desert Pain Institute 6309 E Baywood Ave, Mesa, AZ 85206 Get Directions

Dr. Ruskin specializes in Pain Medicine and practices in Mesa, AZ. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Ruskin? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Ruskin's Experience

See how Dr. Ruskin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ruskin

Dr. Ruskin accepts 18 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Ruskin has admitting privileges.

Dr. Ruskin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ruskin to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Ruskin's Performance
in Yuma Az. |
I drive 3 hr. to see Dr Ruskin because he is that GOOD. Desert Pain Institute was recommended by a relative several years ago. His staff from the front office to recovery is outstanding. I don't know what else to say he has done me good.
in Mesa, AZ |
A week before Christmas, I contacted Dr. Ruskin's office when my 96 yr old mother was in terrible pain from a fractured vertebra. He went out of his way to get her in, saw her in his office, personally contacted other doctors to coordinate complicated tests she needed, called me at home on Christmas weekend (!) and relieved her pain with a Kyphoplasty the week after Christmas. He was very caring and professional and we could not be more pleased with her care. He and his staff were amazing!
in Mesa, AZ |
After a recent fall resulting in a compression fracture of vertebra, Dr. Ruskin made time for me, helped me evaluate treatment options and expedited required tests, Medicare clearance and did Kyphoplasty just a week after first appointment. Not only is he knowledgeable and skilled; he is also kind and has a sense of humor. It is a pleasure to go to appointments at Desert Pain. The nurses and other staff where procedures are performed are very professional, skilled and friendly.
in Mesa, AZ |
He has managed my back pain for over five years: performed numerous procedures including the placement of cement in two fractured vertebras - seven denervations - many lumbar epidural steroid injections and lumbar medial branch blocks. He counseled against another procedure for a fractured vertebra that was healing satisfactory. He is pleasant and personable; technical and office staff respect him; and, complicated material is presented understandably. I highly recommend Dr Ruskin.
in Tempe, AZ |
Very experienced with pain management. He is very professional and keeps up to date on new pain management treatments. His staff provides excellent medical care. He has treated me since 1997 and every treatment has had excellent results. I strained my back one weekend and was in a a lot of pain. I contacted his office on Monday morning and they made room for me on there schedule to see him and have a procedure by 2:30 P.M. that same day.
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr. Ruskin explained everything regarding my treatment options in terms I could understand. I had great relief from the injections he gave me. I would highly recommend him.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Ruskin was referred to me from a very close friend of mine. He too had severe back pain for which he had been prescribed pain medication for years. He actually became addicted to them and ended up going to treatment. I do not recall how he heard about Dr. Ruskin but he recommended that I go and see him. I found Dr. Ruskin to be extremely well versed in his field of pain management. He was not like any of the Doctors I had seen in the past, who were always too quick to prescribe pain meds.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
I have been seeing Dr. Ruskin for back and leg pain. He has been able to diagnose the cause of my issue and significantly reduce my pain. He has also referred me to other specialists to help address other issues contributing to my pain. He was very thorough in answering my questions.
in Chandler, AZ |
I have seen Dr. Ruskin for years and he has always been very knowledgable and helpful. He took the time to answer my questions and made sure I was comfortable with my plan of care.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Ruskin is very knowledgeable, professional and personable. He has always explained things to me in a way that I could understand and my calls have always been returned very timely.
Very Professional!
Mesa, AZ |
I felt rushed thru my appointment, to the point I couldn't ask questions and when I asked to see the doctor I couldn't. He gave me many injections of the years but the last one was the final one. Horrible bedside manner, didn't check on me afterwards in the recovery room.
in Mesa, AZ |
This is my first time asking for help with my back. He ordered x rays, said he would call me with the results. Two weeks later no call. I had to leave a message for him to call me. Not a good first impression. I will be going to a different doctor that keeps his word.
Have you seen Dr. Richard Ruskin, MD?
Are you Dr. Ruskin?

Compare Dr. Ruskin

Dr. Ruskin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pain Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Autonomic Disorders

Shands Hospital 1600 Southwest Archer Rd Gainesville Fl 32610

Completed in 1985

Med College Of Wisconsin Milwaukee Wi

Completed in 1991

Dr. Ruskin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ruskin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pain Medicine