Dr. Richard Rosenthal, MD

Dr. Richard Rosenthal, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  ·
Dr. Richard Rosenthal, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Birmingham, AL and has been practicing for 23 years. He graduated from University of Alabama At Birmingham in 1992 and specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism.

619 19th St S

Birmingham, AL 35233

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California

Learn about Dr. Rosenthal

See how frequently Dr. Rosenthal performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Thyroid Cancer
Diabetes Counseling
Thyroid Disease

Dr. Rosenthal's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Diabetes Counseling

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• University of Alabama At Birmingham
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Carolinas Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Carolinas Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
  • University Ala Birmingham
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Rosenthal has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rosenthal does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rosenthal and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rosenthal's Reviews

2.8
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rosenthal to family and friends

Dr. Rosenthal's Performance

GOOD

Always extremely kind, personable, knowledgeable and a straight shooter. Actually reviews blood work and makes adjustments to my prescription as needed. Never any problems getting prescription refills, rescheduling appointments or communication on patient portal.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Rosenthal was very personable with my husband & myself. He made you feel welcome & comfortable. He asked many questions, took his time , & listened to what we had to say. He also answered all our questions & Made sure before we walked out that we understood everything & we were satisfied. This...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
Still waiting on my test results ( for a month or so ) after he called me himself and said he wants to see what my test results confirmed. I didn't even get answers to anything. Totally confused by my first visit with him. Awkward to say the least. Was referred to him from my surgeon, this was a...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
He evaluated my symptoms and offered multiple treatment plans. As a nice note, he always thanked me for coming in for the visit.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option1
Referred to him by my family practice doctor because my Hashimotos wasn't improving. He said I didn't Hashimotos, said was overmedicated by my family practice CRNP and never to believe what I read online. After an ultrasound and 4 tubes of blood, he emails me to confirm that I do indeed have...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option5thumbs down icon option0