Dr. Richard Rochester, MD

Dr. Richard Rochester, MD

Psychiatry  |
Dr. Richard Rochester, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Brentwood, TN. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 33 years. Dr. Rochester is affiliated with Vanderbilt University Medical Center.

5123 Virginia Way Ste C11

Brentwood, TN 37027

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee

Learn about Dr. Rochester

See how frequently Dr. Rochester performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

ADHD and-or ADD
Anxiety
Major Depressive Disorder

Dr. Rochester's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Mood Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness

• Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Clemson University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1980
  • Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1984
  • Naval Hospital San Diego
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1985
  • Vanderbilt University Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991

Dr. Rochester has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rochester does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rochester and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rochester's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rochester to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Rochester's Performance
I just would like to say Dr. Rochester and his staff are amazing!!! They gave us hope for my daughter who has suffered from depression for several years. I was able to see a smile come back to her eyes and as a mother that feeling was overwhelming. Dr. Rochester, Michelle and Melody were always very attentive to her during her treatment. I would highly recommend Dr. Rochester and his staff and TMS treatment. Thank you Dr. Rochester for giving us hope and a brighter future.
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Rochester has been my physician since 2001. He has consistently been excellent in any and all aspects of my treatment. I tried several medications until he found the one that worked best for me. He always takes the time to listen and has a true concern and interest in his patients. Dr. Rochester is a gentleman and a scholar. I highly recommend him.
Brentwood, TN |
Dr. Rochester and his team have gone above and beyond their call of duty to assure that my treatment and medications are working for me and that I continue to improve. Even when I gave up, they didn't. He and his team are easy to deal with, friendly and confident. They instill confidence in me that they know what they are doing and are doing all they can for me. deciding to come to him is the best decision I've ever made.
in Brentwood |
Thought he was a godsend. Worked in tweaking my medication until we had it just right. Saw him for a couple of years - always impressed with his professionalism and memories of my specific situation. Then, my life fell apart when my Mom and Dad died within three months of each other - All aspects of my life, including paying bills or even opening mail. Unbeknownst to me, I had a past due balance of $125. Once I finally opened the bill, I paid immediately. He refused to see me again. Devastating
It would be highly unusual for the office to terminate care based upon payment (or lack of payment) on an account. There are always other factors that should have been clarified for you. I am sorry if that failed to happen. Hopefully you have connected with a new physician and are healing from the loss of your parents.
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Rochester is very cool. He really listens and remembers, and it's like a pleasant visit with an old friend. He doesn't talk down to me, and he has this consistently calm, intelligent, gentlemanly professional manner that inspires my confidence and trust. He explains things in a useful way that allows me to make sense of my experiences, he allows me input into my treatment decisions by giving me options to choose, and he's NEVER impatient. He has a great reputation with other docs, too.
in Franklin Tn |
Dr. Rochester is very caring and has been very accurate in assessing my medical issues and recommending changes to my current medications. I would definetely recommend him.
in Eagle's Point TN |
Very patient-oriented beyond all the other Dr.s I have seen over my long and treacherous life. He listens intently, asks pertinent questions, lets me express my concerns and them makes studied, and helpful suggestions and diagnosis.
Have you seen Dr. Richard Rochester, MD?

Visit Dr. Rochester

Dr. Rochester accepts 17 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    Aetna PPO
    Preferred Care Blue PPO
    State Employees Program
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
  • CoreSource
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • POMCO Group