Dr. Richard Restifo, MD

Dr. Richard Restifo, MD

Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery | Male

Restifo Plastic Surgery 200 S Orange Center Rd Orange, CT 06477 Get Directions

Restifo Plastic Surgery is a unique, well-established practice committed to patient care, safety, and expectations. We offer:

Individualized Care: We strive to give each and every patient the time and attention that they deserve, whether on the phone, in the office, or during a procedure.

Ultra-specialization:  Dr. Restifo specializes in plastic surgery of the breast and body. For over two decades Dr. Restifo has been a leader in this field and maintains his commitment to the latest techniques and practices. The goal is always the best result, delivered in a safe and compassionate manner.

Safety: We take your health and well-being extremely seriously. Dr. Restifo will perform a thorough evaluation and work in conjunction with your personal physician alongside any specialists that have cared for you in the past. Depending upon the type of surgery and your overall health profile, certain lab tests and other studies may be required. Your procedure will take place in the setting of a fully-accredited facility and your anesthesia administered by a board-certified anesthesiologist.

Dr. Restifo is a thoughtful,compassionate, and exceptionally talented specialty plastic surgeon. He initially trained at Harvard Medical School then went on to serve on the faculty of the Yale University School of Medicine. Practicing plastic and aesthetic surgery of the breast and body for well over two decades, he has been appointed to numerous national plastic surgery committees, authored many publications and book chapters on the latest surgical techniques, and given scores of presentations in national and international settings. Dr. Restifo is perennially included in "Best Doctors in America" and 'Top Docs NY/Metro", and has received numerous awards for compassion and professionalism.He is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons as well as a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, the Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons and the Connecticut Society of Plastic Surgeons. For 10 years he served as Chief of Plastic Surgery atSt. Vincent's Medical Center. One of his favorite activities is donating his time and skills in serving disadvantaged patients overseas. His patients come from all over the United States as well as from abroad. His practice is limited to plastic and aesthetic surgery of the breast and body and he has devoted his career to the mastery of this area of plastic surgery. His philosophy is that successful outcomes in plastic surgery depend upon patient satisfaction, and meeting or exceeding each patient's expectations is his unrelenting goal.

Dr. Restifo's Experience

See how Dr. Restifo's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Restifo

Dr. Restifo accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Restifo has admitting privileges.

Dr. Restifo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Restifo to family and friends
Dr. Restifo Says:

The majority of our patients come to us via word-of-mouth from our prior patients. We develop deep bonds and a high level of trust with the people we serve; they in turn frequently recommend us to their family and friends.

Dr. Restifo's Performance
in Bethany, CT |
I had sagging breasts. I met with a lot of Drs. Dr. Restifo seemed to be the most knowledgable and experienced. I came out better than I had hoped.
in Lenox, MA |
My mother had a breast reduction years ago with Dr. Restifo and I needed the same thing. Although it was hard to convince my insurance(we had to appeal), finally it got approved. I was surprised at how easy the recovery was. After the surgery my back pain went away and I feel much better. I look much better, too. The incisions have healed really nicely. I recommend him to all my friends.
in Orange,CT |
I have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Restifo. I had spoken to several surgeons about my MM procedure but dr r inspired the most confidence. Although the recovery was a little morethan I expected(I know I was told but I think I chose not to hear), I am feeling great now. What is as important is that I look really really great.
in Monroe, CT |
I had the most spectacular mommy makeover EVER. Many thanks to Dr. Restifo and his awesome team.
in Meriden, CT |
I had too much going on in my lower back and my butt was pretty flat. Also I had a lot of fat in my stomach. Dr. Restifo took the fat and lifted my butt. My clothes fit much better now and I'm very happy with my new shape. He and his staff were really great and the surgicenter people in Trumbul were great too. Very great all around.
in Milford, CT |
My expectations of my Mommy Makeover were far exceeded. I look and feel bette than ever. The staff, especially Dr. Restifo and Jackie, were awesome.
in Rye, NY |
Had a labioplasty. Have to say it hurt for a couple of weeks, but things came out great. Dr. R was very cool and put me at ease
in Woostock, CT |
After my weight loss I had skin everywhere, and I had problems keeping it all clean. My insurance only covered my stomach, but I also had my arms and buttocks and breasts done, all at the same time. I had to spent the night in the hospital, Dr. Restifo said it was for my safety. Now that I an healed and recovered, I feel like a new human being. I think like 15 pounds of skin were removed. The scars have healed fine. I very happy with my doctor and his team.
in Fairfield, CT |
My MommyMakeover was the highlight of my thirties
in Woodbridge, CT |
Since I have the breast cancer gene I decided to have a preventive double nipple sparing mastectomy with reconstruction at the same time by Dr. Restifo. Now that I am healed I look as though I had a breast augment and not a double mastectomy. I am froo of worry and I look and feel whole.
in Hamden, CT |
For a long time I had wanted implants because I was not in proportion to my hips and butt. I trusted Dr. Restifo and he didn't let me down. Now I think I am perfectly proportioned.
in Milford, CT |
I really needed help after the kids, so I did the mommy makeover thing. I was treated with respect and compassion, and I am quite delighted in my new shape. Clothes fit and look so much better now. I am back in the game.
in Ridgefield, CT |
My Brazillian was something I waited for a long time. it was def worth it.
in Branford, CT |
I needed a lift and implants. I really liked the 3d computer sim before surgery. Dr. and staff were kind, patient and very very good. so pleased
in Fairfield, CT |
The mommymakeover went very well. I am still sore after about a month, but it gets better all the time. I am also still a little swollen but I guess that is normal at this point. Overall I look better than I had even hoped.
in Stratford, CT |
I was overwhelmed by all of the implant options. The Dr. took a long time to explain everything to me, and I came out perfectly.
in Milford, CT |
I had a Brazillian Buttock Lift and I am now Phat and Phabulous. I love it. Thank you.
in Shelton,CT |
I had wanted the surgery for about 20 years and finally I had saved enough. I was very thorough in terms of finding the right plastic surgeon. I am really satisfied with my whole experience. I look great, my confidence is restored. Dr. Restifo was worth the wait.
in Hartford, CT |
After bariatric surgery I had a hanging gut that was unreal. Dr. was cool, friendly, and did a great job of flattening and tightening me.
in Meriden, CT |
I am told that many pl surgeons wont do a thigh lift because it is tricky operation. But I love how I look. my thighs don't rub together anymore.
in East Hartford, CT |
I lost a lot of weight and had a breast reduction and an abdominoplasty. I was treated very well by everyone. The people at the hospital were so-so, but Dr. R was great. I am realy happy with how I look.
in West Haven, CT |
I saw a lot of other doctors before I had my implants with a lift. Dr. R was the one who really seemed to know what he was talking about. I turned out great.
in Greenwich, CT |
Great experience all around with my MM
in North Haven, CT |
He was calm and kind and I got a very good result
in Westport, CT |
I heard of him through friends, about 4 of them, who were all very happy and I am very happy too
in Wallingford, CT |
After losing weight(the hard way, diet and exercise) I had excess skin in several areas. Dr. Restifo removes it all beautifully. My confidence has soared. A great experience.
in East Hartford, CT |
Even though I was young I had drooped quite a lot. I was lifted up beatifully. Very happy with the outcome.
in albany,NY |
It was great start to finish and my reduction turned out beautifully
in Orange, CT |
i'm very please with the result of my reconstruction.
in South Kent CT |
Dr. Restifo Didn't deliver! Now left with Revision Mastopexy with scar and still no lift.
in Meriden, CT |
I met with a few doctors but he was the one I felt the best about. Several friends went to him and were very pleased and so was I.
in Fairfield, CT |
I think hes the best around
in Trumbull, CT |
he really knows his stuff
in Orange, CT |
He is very experienced in breast surgery
in Branford, CT |
He is the breast expert
Have you seen Dr. Richard Restifo, MD?
Are you Dr. Restifo?

Compare Dr. Restifo

Dr. Restifo's Care Philosophy

Dr. Restifo says...

I specialize in plastic surgery of the breast and body.  Many patients seek out my expertise for the following conditions:

• Fortunate to have children, but pregnancy or pregnancies have caused loss of breast shape and volume as well as laxity of abdominal skin and muscle
  • Able to achieve weight loss but now dealing with skin excess and residual fat in one or several body areas
  • Diligent with diet and exercise, but finding that certain trouble areas will not respond adequately or satisfactorily
  • Dissatisfied with breast development; too little, or too much, or to an uneven degree, or for men, any breast development at all
  • Dealing with breast cancer, wishing to reestablish the feeling of well-being that comes with being balanced and whole.

In any of these situations one's confidence may be diminished, wardrobe options limited, or body image troublesome. Plastic surgery can be extremely helpful by leading to increased confidence, a greater overall sense of well-being, and an improved quality of life.

Dr. Restifo says...

Plastic Surgery is a surgical specialty, but a very diverse one, encompassing a variety of disciplines, such as facial surgery, hand surgery, pediatric surgery, trauma reconstruction, etc.

I chose to specialize in plastic surgery of the breast and body and by concentrating on a single area of focus was able to develop greater degrees of expertise and best practices that address the subtle nuances of my specialty, thereby leading to the best possible outcomes.

I've been in this field for over two decades and maintain my commitment to the latest techniques and practices. The goal is always the best result, delivered in a safe and compassionate manner.

Dr. Restifo says...

We listen carefully to what each person wants to change without making assumptions. Then we assess how we can restore, refine and enhance what is already beautiful and authentic about each patient

Restifo Plastic Surgery provides a safe and confidential environment in which people can talk openly about the changes they want to make. We understand the vulnerability involved in showing a stranger your perceived flaws.  It takes courage to talk openly. Our desire is to reciprocate with honesty, understanding, and exceptional service. We strive for perfection and complete patient satisfaction.

Dr. Restifo's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
  •  Board certified in Plastic Surgery

• Top Doctors New York Metro Area, 2006-2012
    • Best Doctors in America, 1996-2012
    • US News/World Report Top Doctor, 2012-2016

Dr. Restifo has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

Why It Matters: Dr. Restifo's Board Certifications

University Of Pittsburgh / Main Campus

Completed in 1993

Perelman School Of Medicine University Of Pennsylvania

Graduated in 1982

Dr. Restifo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Restifo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
  • Breast Reconstruction Surgery
  • Breast Surgery
  • Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery
  • Cosmetic Surgery
  • Plastic Surgery

• Abdominoplasty
  • Body Contouring (After Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Breast Augmentation