Dr. Richard Joseph Restifo, MD

Dr. Richard Joseph Restifo, MD

Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery  ·

Dr. Richard Joseph Restifo, MD is a plastic & reconstructive surgery specialist in Orange, CT and has been practicing for 25 years. He specializes in plastic & reconstructive surgery, plastic surgery, and more.Read his story

Restifo Plastic Surgery

• Oxford Health Plans
  • POMCO Group

Learn about Dr. Restifo

Dr. Restifo's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Restifo "Dr. Richard Joseph Restifo MD is a thoughtful,compassionate, and exceptionally talented specialty plastic surgeon. He initially trained at Harvard Medical School then went on to serve on the faculty of the Yale University School of Medicine. Practicing plastic and aesthetic surgery of the breast and body for well over two decades, he has been appointed to numerous national plastic surgery committees, authored many publications and book chapters on the latest surgical techniques, and given scores of presentations in national and international settings. Dr. Restifo is perennially included in "Best Doctors in America" and 'Top Docs NY/Metro", and has received numerous awards for compassion and professionalism.He is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons as well as a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, the Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons and the Connecticut Society of Plastic Surgeons. For 10 years he served as Chief of Plastic Surgery atSt. Vincent's Medical Center. One of his favorite activities is donating his time and skills in serving disadvantaged patients overseas. His patients come from all over the United States as well as from abroad. His practice is limited to plastic and aesthetic surgery of the breast and body and he has devoted his career to the mastery of this area of plastic surgery. His philosophy is that successful outcomes in plastic surgery depend upon patient satisfaction, and meeting or exceeding each patient's expectations is his unrelenting goal."

This content was provided by Dr. Restifo "Restifo Plastic Surgery is a unique, well-established practice committed to patient care, safety, and expectations. We offer:

Individualized Care: We strive to give each and every patient the time and attention that they deserve, whether on the phone, in the office, or during a procedure.

Ultra-specialization:  Dr. Restifo specializes in plastic surgery of the breast and body. For over two decades Dr. Restifo has been a leader in this field and maintains his commitment to the latest techniques and practices. The goal is always the best result, delivered in a safe and compassionate manner.

Safety: We take your health and well-being extremely seriously. Dr. Restifo will perform a thorough evaluation and work in conjunction with your personal physician alongside any specialists that have cared for you in the past. Depending upon the type of surgery and your overall health profile, certain lab tests and other studies may be required. Your procedure will take place in the setting of a fully-accredited facility and your anesthesia administered by a board-certified anesthesiologist. "

• Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

Accredited by: American Board of Plastic Surgery*

• Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant
  • Gynecomastia
  • Hidradenitis

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993

• Top Doctors New York Metro Area, 2006-2012
  • Best Doctors in America, 1996-2012
  • US News/World Report Top Doctor, 2012-2016

Dr. Restifo has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Restifo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Restifo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Restifo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Restifo to family and friends

Dr. Restifo's Performance

Dr. Restifo Says:
"

The majority of our patients come to us via word-of-mouth from our prior patients. We develop deep bonds and a high level of trust with the people we serve; they in turn frequently recommend us to their family and friends.

We listen carefully to what each person wants to change without making assumptions. Then we assess how we can restore, refine and enhance what is already beautiful and authentic about each patient

...

I had sagging breasts. I met with a lot of Drs. Dr. Restifo seemed to be the most knowledgable and experienced. I came out better than I had hoped.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
My mother had a breast reduction years ago with Dr. Restifo and I needed the same thing. Although it was hard to convince my insurance(we had to appeal), finally it got approved. I was surprised at how easy the recovery was. After the surgery my back pain went away and I feel much better. I look...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option1
I have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Restifo. I had spoken to several surgeons about my MM procedure but dr r inspired the most confidence. Although the recovery was a little morethan I expected(I know I was told but I think I chose not to hear), I am feeling great now. What is as...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
I had the most spectacular mommy makeover EVER. Many thanks to Dr. Restifo and his awesome team.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I had too much going on in my lower back and my butt was pretty flat. Also I had a lot of fat in my stomach. Dr. Restifo took the fat and lifted my butt. My clothes fit much better now and I'm very happy with my new shape. He and his staff were really great and the surgicenter people in Trumbul...more
Are you Dr. Restifo?