Dr. Richard Persino, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology •  Male • Age 65

Dr. Persino

Mercy Crystal Lake OB/GYN

750 E Terra Cotta Ave Ste B Crystal Lake, IL 60014

Dr. Richard Persino, MD is a Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist in Crystal Lake, IL and has over 36 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago medical school in 1984. He is affiliated with Northwestern Medicine McHenry Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Persino to book an appointment.

Compare with other Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists

Compare Dr. Persino with our nearby Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists at Northwestern Medicine Woodstock Hospital.

Make an appointment at Northwestern Medicine Woodstock Hospital today at (815) 310-3420.

provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of Northwestern Medicine Woodstock Hospital.

Dr. Persino's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Persino

4.761904761904762%

Dr. Persino?
Dr Persino is my favorite doctor! He is always so happy and nice and a great listener! I have been going to Dr. Persino for over 20 years. He delivered both of my children and most recently performed my robotic laparoscopic hysterectomy. Everything went exactly as planned, and the recovery has been amazing. He is very experienced, but more importantly a doctor that I completely trust. Thank you, Dr. Persino and your staff for everything!
Julie – Sep 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Persino, MD?
Dr. Persino is the kindest most compassionate doctor I have ever had. I have been with him for about 20 years now and he has taken such good care of me. I have had 2 surgeries with him and he has always been wonderful about answering any questions or easing my fears. Dr. Persino is truly a wonderful doctor and I would highly recommend him.
WI, WI – Jun 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Persino, MD?
Where do I start . WONDERFUL!!!! Had a laparoscopic Hysterectomy. It was just like what Dr. Persino described. Well actually better. I'm 5 days post op and I feel great! Dr. Persino is amazing! He truly cares about his patients . He listens and talks to you. Is really dedicated in helping you . I can't say enough about this wonderful man. Thank you Dr. Persino and your wonderful staff for such great care. Sharon Naumiec
May 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Persino, MD?
Dr. Persino is totally the best doctor around! His demeanor is so friendly and reassuring and he has great humor! His expertise is second to none! He has delivered 2 of my kids and he recently performed my hysterectomy. I feel great 4 weeks out and am so happy with the way things turned out! A superior doctor in every way!
Mary Beth Mullen in McHenry, IL – Nov 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Persino, MD?
Dr. Persino is an amazing doctor. Kind, compassionate and very personable. He takes his time with patients and answers any and all questions they may have. He even called me after hours with my post-surgery pathology results. I wish I had transferred to his practice sooner as I was having issues for years. I had a robotic laparoscopic hysterectomy five days ago and feel awesome. The procedure and recovery was exactly as he described. I am very glad Dr. Persino has kept up with the newest
Denise – Aug 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Persino, MD?
Dr. Persino is absolutely the best! I am so lucky I was referred to him. I was having serious medical issues and he kept me well informed on what to expect and truly cared and took the time to listen. He has a great bedside manner and the office staff is truly amazing as well!
Robin W. – Feb 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Persino, MD?
Very nice and personable doctor takes time to listens to your concerns and explains procedures
Hildie – Jan 22, 2018
Dr. Persino's Reply – Flag
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Persino, MD?
I've been going to Dr. Persino for 10 years now and I would highly recommend his practice. He delivered two of my children and just recently, I had to have a robotic hysterectomy. The surgery went great and without any complications. In no time, I was feeling back to normal! Everything progressed as he described. He has a wonderful bedside manner and really makes you feel at ease. Dr. Persino always has a smile on his face and answers all your questions - never makes you feel rushed. A++!
Dec 26, 2017
Thank you for reviewing me. Wishing you...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Persino, MD?
Dr Persino is the Best. I came from another Dr who I was with for 10 years and Dr Persino maybe feel more comfortable about myself. I found I needed a hysterectomy and my other Dr said that it could not be laparoscopic. I went and saw Dr Persino and he said yes it could and this is my first major surgery and I was not nervous and I ended up having the robotic laparoscopic hysterectomy. He made me and my family so at ease in the hospital and answered all of our more unanswered questions. He is ju
Huntley, IL – Sep 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Persino, MD?
My daughters and I have been seeing Dr Persino for many years. He is patient, understanding, compassionate and caring. We never feel rushed and he explains any issues or procedures completely. We highly recommend him.
Mari Meyer in Cary, IL – Jul 25, 2017
Thanks for your review. It is a privilege to...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Persino, MD?
Dr. Persino is the best!!! I had a robotic laparoscopic hysterectomy. This was the first major surgery I have ever had, and I can't even start to tell you how nervous I was! Dr Persino put me completely at ease. He explained the procedure throughly and answered any questions I had. He is not only down to earth and funny, but also treats you as a person, not just another patient. I completely trusted him going into surgery and knew everything would go well!!
Rebecca in Huntley, IL – Jun 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Persino, MD?
I had been having a lot of troubles in the past 7 months concerning my symptoms and condition. When all the preliminary testing was done and it came down to actually deciding what to do for my condition Dr. Persino explained all my options to me in detail. He gave me my choices and all the background I needed to understand the long term effect each of the options would mean to me. He was extremely compassionate with all my concerns and helped with my decision. I am very happy with him.
Kimberly in Richmond IL – Jan 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Persino, MD?
I had a laparoscopic robotic hysterectomy for pre-cervical cancer cells. I was freaked out. I never have had any health issues before. So needless to say I was in panic mode. Dr. Persino always took the time to chat with me, ease me, and help me through my rough moments. He was professional, caring and thorough. He treated me as a person, not just a patient. I always say he is my angel here on earth!
Isabella Hose in Ringwood, IL – Dec 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Persino, MD?
I have been a patient with Dr Persino for almost 15 years, and have never had a problem, he takes the time to listen and assist with any problem I have. Recently I had my annual exam and told Dr. Persino I had vertigo, I also told him that I have at least 3 or more episodes of vertigo a day and I am constantly ill. Dr Persino took the time to listen and prescribed a motion sickness pill. I feel great compared to six months ago. Thank you Dr Persino.
Peggy M in Mchenry, IL – Aug 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Persino, MD?
During my first prenatal appt. w/ Dr. Persino, I began to miscarry. He made me feel safe & at ease during a devastating time. When serious complications arose 20w into my next pregnancy, again, he was able to put me & my husband at ease in the midst of it all. He gives you all your options (& makes sure you understand them) & his recommendation, but is not condescending. He really seems to care deeply for his patients & it shows. I have never trusted another doctor more than I trust Dr. Persino.
Chelle in LITH, IL – Feb 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Persino, MD?
Dr. Persino is a friendly, caring, down to earth Physician. He puts the needs of the patient and their concerns first. Although he is friendly in the office/hospital atmosphere, he is also professional with again the patient's needs coming first. He is well educated with many years of experience. I worked with Dr. Persino in Surgery for many years and I can say his surgical technique is awesome. Again with putting the patient's needs first.
Anita in Mchenry, IL – Feb 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Persino, MD?
Dr. Persino is always thorough and cares genuinely about my health. He has been my doctor for over 15 years. I absolutely wouldn't trade him for anyone else.
Joyce in Lakemoor, IL – Feb 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Persino, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Persino?

To provide state of the art womens reproductive health care using non-invasive or minimally invasive techniques whenever possible.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

1980
Northern Illinois University

• Outstanding Service Award American Cancer Society, 1996
  • McHenry County Public Health Service Award, 1989

• Divalent cation dependent resistance In E Coli -LMR 26 to the broad spectrum antimicrobial agent Irgasan, 1982