Dr. Richard Persino, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Male

Mercy Crystal Lake OB/GYN 750 E Terra Cotta Ave Ste B Crystal Lake, IL 60014 Get Directions
Dr. Richard Persino, MD
Dr. Richard Persino, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in Crystal Lake, IL. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 33 years. Dr. Persino is affiliated with Centegra Hospital - McHenry.

Dr. Persino's Care Philosophy

To provide state of the art womens reproductive health care using non-invasive or minimally invasive techniques whenever possible.

Dr. Persino's Experience

See how Dr. Persino's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Persino

Dr. Persino accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. Persino is now accepting new patients
Mercy Crystal Lake OB/GYN750 E Terra Cotta Ave Ste B
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
(815) 459-1212Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Persino has admitting privileges.

Dr. Persino's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Persino to family and friends
Dr. Persino Says:

A patient s recommendation is the highest compliment. Thank you for your recommendations and for trusting your health and the health of your family or friends to our practice.

Dr. Persino's Performance
in Cary, IL |
My daughters and I have been seeing Dr Persino for many years. He is patient, understanding, compassionate and caring. We never feel rushed and he explains any issues or procedures completely. We highly recommend him.
in Huntley, IL |
Dr. Persino is the best!!! I had a robotic laparoscopic hysterectomy. This was the first major surgery I have ever had, and I can't even start to tell you how nervous I was! Dr Persino put me completely at ease. He explained the procedure throughly and answered any questions I had. He is not only down to earth and funny, but also treats you as a person, not just another patient. I completely trusted him going into surgery and knew everything would go well!!
in Richmond IL |
I had been having a lot of troubles in the past 7 months concerning my symptoms and condition. When all the preliminary testing was done and it came down to actually deciding what to do for my condition Dr. Persino explained all my options to me in detail. He gave me my choices and all the background I needed to understand the long term effect each of the options would mean to me. He was extremely compassionate with all my concerns and helped with my decision. I am very happy with him.
in Ringwood, IL |
I had a laparoscopic robotic hysterectomy for pre-cervical cancer cells. I was freaked out. I never have had any health issues before. So needless to say I was in panic mode. Dr. Persino always took the time to chat with me, ease me, and help me through my rough moments. He was professional, caring and thorough. He treated me as a person, not just a patient. I always say he is my angel here on earth!
in Mchenry, IL |
I have been a patient with Dr Persino for almost 15 years, and have never had a problem, he takes the time to listen and assist with any problem I have. Recently I had my annual exam and told Dr. Persino I had vertigo, I also told him that I have at least 3 or more episodes of vertigo a day and I am constantly ill. Dr Persino took the time to listen and prescribed a motion sickness pill. I feel great compared to six months ago. Thank you Dr Persino.
in LITH, IL |
During my first prenatal appt. w/ Dr. Persino, I began to miscarry. He made me feel safe & at ease during a devastating time. When serious complications arose 20w into my next pregnancy, again, he was able to put me & my husband at ease in the midst of it all. He gives you all your options (& makes sure you understand them) & his recommendation, but is not condescending. He really seems to care deeply for his patients & it shows. I have never trusted another doctor more than I trust Dr. Persino.
in Mchenry, IL |
Dr. Persino is a friendly, caring, down to earth Physician. He puts the needs of the patient and their concerns first. Although he is friendly in the office/hospital atmosphere, he is also professional with again the patient's needs coming first. He is well educated with many years of experience. I worked with Dr. Persino in Surgery for many years and I can say his surgical technique is awesome. Again with putting the patient's needs first.
in Lakemoor, IL |
Dr. Persino is always thorough and cares genuinely about my health. He has been my doctor for over 15 years. I absolutely wouldn't trade him for anyone else.
Have you seen Dr. Richard Persino, MD?
Are you Dr. Persino?

Compare Dr. Persino

Dr. Persino's Care Philosophy

Dr. Persino says...

Dr. Persino's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  •  Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Outstanding Service Award American Cancer Society, 1996
    • McHenry County Public Health Service Award, 1989
    • Divalent cation dependent resistance In E Coli -LMR 26 to the broad spectrum antimicrobial agent Irgasan, 1982

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Persino's Board Certifications

• Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
  • Intrauterine Growth Restriction
  • Mastodynia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Ovarian Diseases
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
  • Pelvic Pain
  • Perimenopause
  • Post-Menopausal Problems
  • Preeclampsia
  • Premenstrual Syndrome
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

University Ill College Med

Completed in 1988

Northern Illinois University

Graduated in 1980

Dr. Persino does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Persino and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Colpopexy With Robotic Assistance
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions