Dr. Richard Pearce, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 61

Dr. Pearce

Spine Surgery Associates

1736 Gunbarrel Rd Chattanooga, TN 37421

Dr. Richard Pearce, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Chattanooga, TN and has been practicing for 28 years. He graduated from University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine in 1984 and specializes in orthopedic surgery.

Dr. Pearce accepts

Dr. Pearce accepts the following insurance:

1 board action Found
  • Failure to complete continuing education requirements (6/4/2019)View details
No malpractice claims found for Tennessee

Check Dr. Pearce's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Trigger Finger

Richard Pearce, MD is an orthopaedic surgeon at Spine Surgery Associates located in the Spine Center off Gunbarrel Road. He earned his undergraduate degree at Tennessee Technological University and later received his medical degree at the University ...

1991

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Pearce

Dr. Pearce?
Dr. Pearce's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Richard Pearce, MD
Did not see Dr. Pearce, but meet with his NP Caitlin Kerley. Very impressed with Caitlin, excellent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Pearce, MD?
Dr Richard Pearce is an outstanding physician as well as a wonderful individual with the best bedside manor. I have been a patient of Dr Pearce's for more than 15 years and not once has he OR HIS STAFF ever disappointed me. The staff is very compassionate and even give out hugs when they see you are need. The back office staff even goes out of their way to help!!! Dr Pearce and his entire staff are an elite team who take the very best care of you and your needs. They understand those who are there are in pain but do not pity you, just acts of kindness and I for one am very grateful!! Sincerely, Wendy
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Pearce, MD?
I was supposed to see Dr.Pearce last year, after suffering 18years with my Spine, an seeing different Drs, I was sent to see Dr. Pearce, only got to see his PA, PA ordered MRI an released me. ( PA seen me crying, sitting on a child's swim ring, said he would help me) he didn't. My hubby fractured his back in 2 places an has bone protruding out, this was June 2018 he was supposed to see Dr. Pearce, couldn't get past PA, he ordered MRI, an after several calls to them, the PA said go back to your Primary Care Dr. to see what she wants to do. I'm very dissatisfied with the Spine Surgery Associates, we have Ins., an we're treated poorly, we can't hardly get around,we really wanted to see Dr. Pearce,, even the Dr. at Memorial Hospital,they said Pearce is a great Dr. an we should have been able to see Dr. Pearce, we are tired of hurting,tired of suffering an tired of the Medical Profession bouncing us around to different Drs, we just want to be well, WE NEED HELP!!
Thank you for reaching out and please know we...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Pearce, MD?
I just finished my fourth back surgery with Dr. Pearce. All have been extremely successful and improved my quality of life. As a 30 year US Army veteran with many service-connected medical conditions including my lumbar & cervical problems, I could not have asked for a better spine surgeon than Dr. Pearce. Thank you VERY much. I have been a patient of Dr. Pearce for close to 20 years and I plan on staying for the next 20 years. Hopefully, he will not retire.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Pearce, MD?
Caring and thorough in his patient care. He takes time to explain and answer all questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Pearce, MD?
Dr Pearce is nothing short of amazing . It felt so good and reassuring before my surgery to hear so many people say “ your in great hands “ . The whole hospital staff as well . Everyone has always spoke so highly of him and I know why now . His care for me was top notch ! Spine surgery associates Is the best decision I ever made .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Pearce, MD?
My visits to the doctor’s Office were pleasant and enjoyable. I was taken to an exam room within a few minutes of my appointment. The staff was courteous and efficient. They took vital information for the doctor who came in shortly after. The doctor spent ample time with me examining and discussing my problems and recommended a treatment program requiring surgery. Details were discussed and I was allowed to think this over and let the doctor know if I was ready to proceed with his recommendations. I discussed this with my family and agreed to undergo surgery. Arrangements were made with the hospital by the doctor’s office and I performed the surgery. I am now going to rehab and it looks like the surgery is successful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Pearce, MD?
Dr. Pearce is very thorough and professional. He talked about all of my options and showed genuine concern. The week after my visit, he performed my surgery (L5S1 fusion). I highly recommend Dr. Pearce.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Pearce, MD?
Had to wait 11 weeks for an appointment but was very happy with my time at the practice. Reception friendly and efficient. The assistant taking my information was very professional and friendly. The PA was very nice and made the review of all history and exam very easy. Dr Pearce was friendly and to the point. He explained what he felt should be done and was easy to talk to. Appreciate a direct approach rather than dancing around.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Pearce, MD?
Dr. Pearce was very nice and polite when I met him, he gave me all the information I needed to know before I have to have my surgery and what is going to take place after. The wait in his office was very short .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Pearce, MD?
Dr Pearce had to do surgery on my back a year ago. It has been a great success. I have been a patient of his since 2006. He is a very talented surgeon and is very reserved. Only does what is absolutely necessary He has given me my life back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Pearce, MD?
Dr. Pearce is an exceptional surgeon. I highly recommend him to anyone seeking a remedy to cervical and or lumber stenosis.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Pearce, MD?
My visit 3/26/19 with Dr. Richard Pearce was a post op appointment following a cervical fusion of C5-6 and C6-7. Immediately after the surgery on 3/4/19 I was pain free for the first time in 4 months. This surgery is a 100% success story.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Pearce, MD?
At the age of 52, I underwent 2 level cervical disc replacement. Dr. Pearce explained my options, explained the potential negatives, and was forthright and honest every step of the way. He came to me with the highest recommendations from people I respect, and he did not disappoint. Looking forward to a future that includes continued healing and mobility, thanks in large part to Dr. Pearce. Highest recommendation A+++
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Pearce, MD?
My visit was basically a follow up for cervical surgery a year ago and it all went off in a very timely manner. Everyone there , including the receptionist, nurse, x-ray tech, Caitlin the NP and Dr. Pearce treated me with respect and courtesy. I wish that all medical offices were more like them and Dr Pearce, whom I really didn’t expect to see on this visit, because I had already met with Caitlin, came in and spent several minutes with me and as always, listened patiently. He’s the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Pearce, MD?
Everyone was kind, helpful, made me feel at ease, and answered my questions. It made me feel good when, after a waiting time for me to make up my mind about having the procedure done, welcomed me back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Pearce, MD?
Based on Dr. Pearce's recommendation, I received 2 facet shots in November. This treatment provided relief from the back/leg pains that I have been experiencing for the past year. I was so relieved to learn that I could avoid back surgery and still be able to go about my daily activities with little or no pain. I found Dr. Pearce and his staff to be very professional, informative, and willing to hear my concerns. I would highly recommend Dr. Pearce and his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Pearce, MD?
I had a number of people recommend Dr. Pearce and this office, and they were correct to do so Everyone is the office is kind and helpful, and Dr Pearce was attentive to everything I said. I have painful back issues and I trust this office and this Dr. to try to remedy my problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Pearce, MD?
I recommend Dr. Pearce and all the others in the firm with whom I have come in contact. Have been treated with great respect and received excellent care from all - from Dr. Pearce, nurses, Dr. Roberts, Don Duff, DCP, receptionists etc. and highly recommend this firm to anyone with spine problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Pearce, MD?
Office staff very disrespectful and break hippa laws. He sees patients based on insurance and income instead based on need of care.
Thank you for sharing this feedback. We take...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Pearce, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Pearce?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Pearce treats patients.