Dr. Richard Paulson, MD

Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility | Male

USC Fertility 1127 Wilshire Blvd Ste 1400 Los Angeles, CA 90017 Get Directions
Dr. Richard Paulson, MD

I am the Director of USC Fertility, a practice which I started in 1986. I am also the Director of the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the Keck School of Medicine at USC. Since 1986, I have been involved in the training of over 50 fertility specialists; if your doctor did fertility subspecialty training in Southern California, there is a 50% chance they trained at USC, and I was one of their mentors. I am a clinician, but also conduct clinical research in infertility; I have authored over 150 publications in the field and have delivered over 200 invited lectures and seminars all over the United States and the world. The treatment of infertility is my passion and my life.

...See Less

Dr. Paulson's Care Philosophy

I'm passionate about infertility and about patient care. Infertility is a devastating condition. To me, every patient's journey to fertility is a journey we take together. If we persevere, and make the right decisions, success will be ours. My approach is to review all the details of the case, and come up with a plan as well as alternatives and options. The patient gets to make the decision of how we proceed, but the patient needs to have the latest information and data interpreted in order to make an informed decision. Once we decide on a course of action, I guide the patient through the various steps to make sure everything goes as well as is humanly possible. And we succeed where others fail. Many patients come after failing elsewhere; I like the challenge.

Dr. Paulson's Experience

See how Dr. Paulson's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Paulson

Dr. Paulson accepts 1 insurance carrier

Dr. Paulson is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Paulson has admitting privileges.

Dr. Paulson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Paulson to family and friends
    4.0
    based on 4 total reviews
    Dr. Paulson's Performance
    Have you seen Dr. Richard Paulson, MD?
    Are you Dr. Paulson?

Dr. Paulson's Care Philosophy

I'm passionate about infertility and about patient care. Infertility is a devastating condition. To me, every patient's journey to fertility is a journey we take together. If we persevere, and make the right decisions, success will be ours. My approach is to review all the details of the case, and come up with a plan as well as alternatives and options. The patient gets to make the decision of how we proceed, but the patient needs to have the latest information and data interpreted in order to make an informed decision. Once we decide on a course of action, I guide the patient through the various steps to make sure everything goes as well as is humanly possible. And we succeed where others fail. Many patients come after failing elsewhere; I like the challenge.

Dr. Paulson says...

We started egg donation on the West Coast, and published all of the early studies on older women conceiving with this treatment option. We then became experts in natural cycle IVF, which continues to be a personal area of interest. And we were the first program on the West Coast to incorporate oocyte cryopreservation into our practice. We perform over 100 egg freezing procedures annually.

Dr. Paulson says...

I started USC Fertility in 1986. All of our early egg retrievals were done by laparoscopy. Ultrasound guided egg retrievals started in 1987! I have personally performed over 3000 egg retrieval procedures and embryo transfer procedures since then.

Dr. Paulson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
    •  Board certified in Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology and Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Paulson has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Paulson's Board Certifications

University Of Southern California School Of Medicine

Completed in 1998

• Czech
    • German

Dr. Paulson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Paulson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
    • Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Donor Egg Collection
    • In Vitro Fertilization
    • Infertility Treatment
    • Intra Uterine Insemination
    • Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
    • Ovulation Induction
    • Preimplantion Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)