Cardiology  |
Dr. Richard Olstein, MD
Dr. Richard Olstein, MD is a cardiology doctor who practices in Harker Heights, TX. He is 37 years old and has been practicing for 11 years. Dr. Olstein is affiliated with Seton Medical Center Harker Heights, St. David's Medical Center and Heart Hospital of Austin.

800 W Central Texas Expy Ste 355

Harker Heights, TX 76548

(254) 526-2085

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Olstein

See how frequently Dr. Olstein performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Chest Pain
Hypertension
Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)

Dr. Olstein's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Olstein "Dr. Richard Olstein is an interventional cardiologist, specializing in coronary artery and peripheral artery interventions.  He believes in a patient centered approach to providing evidence based cardiovascular care.  He strives to apply the most up to date treatments to each patient’s individual needs.  In addition to treating advanced cardiac conditions, he also focuses on preventing cardiovascular diseases and promoting a healthy lifestyle.  Dr. Olstein believes in the importance of the doctor patient relationship and making medical decisions together with his patients."

• Cardiology

• Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Claudication
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Septal Defect
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease

• Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) of Heart or Chest
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angiogram
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
  • Coronary Stenting
  • Non-Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy, and Stenting
  • Pacemaker Insertion or Replacement
  • Peripheral Angioplasty
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
  • Peripheral Vascular Stenting
  • Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)
  • Transthoracic Echocardiography (TTE)
  • Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography

• Case Western Reserve Univ Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2006

Dr. Olstein has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Olstein does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Olstein and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

View Video

Dr. Olstein's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Olstein to family and friends
Dr. Olstein's Performance
Killeen, TX |
If you are looking for a new doctor look no further, Dr. Olstein is the best. He explains everything, he never rushes you out, he does everything right there. He is professional, friendly and just awesome all the way around. He has a wonderful friendly efficient staff, they are the best as well....Everything is always on paper for you , the appt. are made ahead, your prescriptions are sent in, it is an amazing place to go and feel at ease..
Harker Heights, TX |
Helpful and friendly staff.
in Lampasas, Texas |
We, as in our entire family that sees Dr Holstein, all love him. He is kind, gentle, very caring, takes all the time needed to ask questions, listen and make sure you are 100% happy and healthy. He has successfully got my husbands and mother in laws blood pressure under control. I highly recommend Dr Holstein and would never question his decisions. We are very happy and satisfied.
in Temple, TX |
I was very nervous and anxious when i went for my first appointment, but Dr, Olstein's nurse was very nice and understanding, and Dr, Olstein made me feel at ease and explained everything that was going on with me. Thank you for all the good care you gave me, I am very glad to have Dr. Olstein as my Cardiologist now.
in Kempner, TX |
Dr Olstein is a good doctor he helps me with medications and gives me updates on my heart condition I would recommend him and Austin Heart to friends and famlily thank you for your support and professional advice.
Killeen, TX |
Dr. Olstein has been my cardiologist for at least the last 5 years. He is always attentive to my needs and provides information concerning my heart in a manner that I can understand. He is very professional.
in Copperas Cove, TX |
I have been under the care of Dr. Holstein for three years now every visit I receive personal care and attention . I appreciate ihis straight forwardness and thorough examination of me through multiple tests in order to receive an accurate diagnosis for me. An aortic aneurysm sounds very scary but under the care of Dr. Olstein and fervent prayers to God , I know I'm in good hands. ??
in Kempner, TX |
I was sent to Austin Heart HH, to get a stress test.This test was done by wonderful & professional people. To my unknown delight, this was just a prerequisite to the start of my current journey. The test results came in, I was contacted for a follow up to discuss what the test indicated. During this visit everything was explained and a plan of care was discussed. I was surprised at how at ease all of the staff made me feel and the level of comfort. Dr. Olstein now has me as a new patient.
Copperas Cove, TX |
I would highly recommend Dr. Richard Olstein, a cardiologist at Austin Heart in Harker Heights. He is very personable, happily answers all questions asked, LISTENS intently, does NOT rush your scheduled visit with him, & truly cares about his patients. Also, Dr. Olstein is open to discussing (& learning) any new information researched & presented to him by a patient...A rarity nowadays. GREAT doctor!
in Killeen, TX |
My visit with Dr Olstein was in regards to blood pressure meds, and also a echo cardiogram checkup. I found Dr Olstein very patient and knowledgeable. I had a lot of questions, but never felt pressured about taking too much time. He explained things clearly, drawing quick pictures of how things work, making it easy for a layperson to understand! I look forward to my next visit!!
in Harker Heights, TX |
just a few words,i was scared about going for this appt.fear of the unknown not knowing what to expect.Dr Olstein was easy to talk to an he explained things to me,he ordered the tests,an i did the test,afterwards a plan was made for me,I am thankful that he is my Dr.an that he is watchful for my health,i would recomend him for your care.A little extra info he has done a stent on a sister,an also a heart chath, on my older sister,my family is so blessed to have Dr.Olstein in our corner.
in Killeen |
Very committed and caring physician! He listens to the patient's concerns and answers all questions very thoroughly!
in Copperas Cove, TX |
Dr. Olstein is an outstanding cardiologist. He is very thorough and takes the time to listen to his patients concerns. He patiently explains medical conditions and test results, or why he is scheduling certain procedures or tests.
in Killeen, TX |
Dr. Olstein is an excellent Doctor who made me feel comfortable and well taken care of on every visit to his office. He has a wonderful, friendly and warm staff also. I was very afraid when I was first referred to him, but after all of the tests and consults he was able to assure me I am going to be fine and as he has such an excellent manner dealing with his patients and is a very knowledgeable Cardiologist. I would trust him with all of my family and friends.
in Harker Heights, TX |
From the first moment I met and spoke with Dr. Olstein I felt relieved and well informed on my options. His explanations of my condition and recommendations for treatment choices provided me with confidence in my choices and his skills. Dr. Olstein is very personable and compassionate and he demonstrated all those same traits during follow up visits at his office. His staff were very friendly and helpful over the next few days and patiently walked me through setting up my chart. Thank you.
in Killeen, TX |
Dr Olstein is wonderful with my 88 yr old mother. Very attentive and listens patiently to her. Could not ask for a better doctor. His staff is also always very polite
in Lampasas, Texas |
Easy to talk to, seems to always be positive about any situation
Have you seen Dr. Richard Olstein, MD?
Are you Dr. Olstein?