Dr. Richard Olson, MD

Dr. Richard Olson, MD

Rheumatology  ·
Dr. Richard Olson, MD is a rheumatology specialist in Rockford, IL and has been practicing for 33 years. He graduated from University Of Michigan Medical School in 1982 and specializes in rheumatology, autoimmune diseases, and more.Read his story

324 Roxbury Rd

Rockford, IL 61107

• CorVel
  • ECOH
  • First Choice Health
  • HFN
  • The Alliance

Learn about Dr. Olson

See how frequently Dr. Olson performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoporosis
Fibromyalgia
Arthritis

Dr. Olson's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Olson's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Olson "I would like to take this opportunity to tell you more about myself and my experience in healthcare. I am originally from Rockford, Illinois, and I earned my undergraduate degree at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. I continued my studies at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, obtaining my medical degree. Following my graduation, I pursued training in internal medicine as part of my residency at Boston City Hospital. In addition, I completed a subspecialty training program, or fellowship, in rheumatology at Boston University in Boston, Massachusetts. My practice is focused on rheumatology. I have special interest in osteoporosis and the evaluation and management of musculoskeletal disorders and autoimmune diseases, including Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus. It is my mission to provide you excellent service, as well as compassionate care. I always strive to provide you the same high quality of medical care that I would offer to a member of my family. I am actively involved in continuing medical education, and I am the Rheumatology Course Director for medical students at the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Rockford. I am actively involved in Rockford community activities and frequently give informational lectures on osteoporosis, alternative medicine, and other topics related to rheumatology. In addition to my extensive medical commitments, I enjoy managing the church softball team and youth basketball team and singing bass-baritone with local choral groups like the Bach Chamber Choir and the Mendelssohn Club. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to further improve your experience at OrthoIllinois. My goal is to provide you the best medical care available."

• Rheumatology
  • Musculoskeletal Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
  • Rheumatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign
  • Boston City Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1985
  • Boston University School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Olson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Olson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Olson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Olson's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Olson

3.9

Dr. Olson?
Dr. Olson's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Richard Olson, MD
I brought my mom in to a script but it wasn’t available. After more than an hour of delay and excused, she finally got the script. Dr. Olson was out of town and Heather, his nurse, was “in a meeting” and unavailable. My mom is considering a new doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Olson, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Olson for many years. He is very kind and listens to what I have to say about my health concerns. He also checks into other medical issues from the information I give him and tests he runs. Dr. Olson got me into a kidney doctor when tests results were not what they...Read More
He is the best
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Olson, MD?
I'm in the medical field as well, and Dr. Olson exemplifies how I strive to be for my own clients/patients. He is knowledgeable, caring, and empathetic. He patiently answers my numerous questions and takes my concerns seriously. He is up-to-date on new developments in his field and always provides...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Olson, MD?
he is wonderfully kind and knowledgeable about my conditions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Olson, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Olson?