Dr. Richard Olson, MD

Dr. Richard Olson, MD

Rheumatology | Male

OrthoIllinois 5875 E Riverside Blvd Rockford, IL 61114 Get Directions

I would like to take this opportunity to tell you more about myself and my experience in healthcare. I am originally from Rockford, Illinois, and I earned my undergraduate degree at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. I continued my studies at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, obtaining my medical degree. Following my graduation, I pursued training in internal medicine as part of my residency at Boston City Hospital. In addition, I completed a subspecialty training program, or fellowship, in rheumatology at Boston University in Boston, Massachusetts.

My practice is focused on rheumatology. I have special interest in osteoporosis and the evaluation and management of musculoskeletal disorders and autoimmune diseases, including Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus. It is my mission to provide you excellent service, as well as compassionate care. I always strive to provide you the same high quality of medical care that I would offer to a member of my family.

I am actively involved in continuing medical education, and I am the Rheumatology Course Director for medical students at the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Rockford. I am actively involved in Rockford community activities and frequently give informational lectures on osteoporosis, alternative medicine, and other topics related to rheumatology.

In addition to my extensive medical commitments, I enjoy managing the church softball team and youth basketball team and singing bass-baritone with local choral groups like the Bach Chamber Choir and the Mendelssohn Club.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to further improve your experience at OrthoIllinois. My goal is to provide you the best medical care available.

Dr. Olson's Experience

See how Dr. Olson's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Olson

Dr. Olson accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Olson has admitting privileges.

Dr. Olson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Olson to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Olson's Performance
in Rockford, IL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Olson for many years. He is very kind and listens to what I have to say about my health concerns. He also checks into other medical issues from the information I give him and tests he runs. Dr. Olson got me into a kidney doctor when tests results were not what they should be. My husband and I appreciate the excellent care we receive from Dr. Olson.
He is the best
in Rockford, IL |
I'm in the medical field as well, and Dr. Olson exemplifies how I strive to be for my own clients/patients. He is knowledgeable, caring, and empathetic. He patiently answers my numerous questions and takes my concerns seriously. He is up-to-date on new developments in his field and always provides me with pertinent information on my condition. His nursing staff is extraordinary as well, and I can't imagine getting through the past six months since my diagnosis without this team of professionals.
Peoria, IL |
he is wonderfully kind and knowledgeable about my conditions.
Have you seen Dr. Richard Olson, MD?
Are you Dr. Olson?

Compare Dr. Olson

}

Dr. Olson says...

Dr. Olson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Rheumatology
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology

Dr. Olson has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Olson's Board Certifications

• Lupus
  • Lyme Disease
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Muscle Weakness
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Psoriatic Arthritis
  • Pyogenic Arthritis
  • Raynaud's Disease
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Systemic Vasculitis

Completed in 1985

Boston University School Of Medicine
    University Of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign

Graduated in 1978

Dr. Olson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Olson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Rheumatology