Dr. Richard Naimark, MD

Dr. Naimark
Telehealth services available

Chestnut Hill Counseling Assocs

16 Fifth St Dover, NH 03820

Dr. Richard Naimark, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Dover, NH and has over 32 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Naimark has more experience with General Mental Health than other specialists in his area. He graduated from University Of Massachusetts Medical School medical school in 1989. He has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Naimark to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for New Hampshire

Frequently Treated by Dr. Naimark

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Naimark treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Naimark treats other conditions, please contact the office at (603) 749-4462.

General Mental Health

General mental health includes management, treatment and prevention of mental illness through risk factor screenings, counseling, group therapy, and wellness support.Compare with other General Mental Health specialists.

Dr. Naimark typically treats 65% more often than similar doctors

Check Dr. Naimark's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Naimark's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anorexia
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

Dr. Naimark accepts

Dr. Naimark accepts the following insurance:

Access Blue New England Network-NH

3.5

12.195121951219512%

Dr. Naimark?
  • Wait times (74)
  • Staff friendliness (61)
  • Office environment (56)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (29)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (23)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (23)
Dr. Naimark has been patient, kind and caring to a family member. I’m a lawyer and am familiar with all “bad“ doctors; he isn’t one. Those who complain so much should leave. He is a highly qualified doctor and his contract is laid out ahead of time. Many practices are standard. He’s done wonders for many and has a lot of experience. You are lucky to be his patient. He saved our family’s collective sanity during difficult times. Medication is often a trial and error experience and even the right meds can take a while to show results. Unless you are seeing him as a therapist, you are there for medication management only. Insurance companies allow a few minutes billing. It’s up to you to get therapists records to him. He is great in my experience.
Mary Ann – Aug 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Naimark, MD?
Dr. Naimark helped me through a very difficult time in my life. He enabled me to get through panic attacks with medication which then gave me the chance to work on the underlying problem. I am no longer taking any medication and I can manage my anxiety, thanks to him.
Joan in MA, MA – Nov 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Naimark, MD?
First and foremost, he was quite rude. Yes, I do sometimes speak too much and talk very fast due to my thoughts often racing in my head (either due to whatever diagnosis I have, still uncertain, or a medication i'm on); however, he would often interrupt me, indicating to me he was trying to get "things over with" or didn't have the time to listen to what I have to say. Secondly, he tried to suggest I have ADHD because I have restless leg syndrome (like my father) and tried to put me on concerta.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Mar 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Naimark, MD?
One of the most unethical , condescending, money grubbing man our family has ever encountered. We don’t even consider him a doctor. Stay away from him!
Jan 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Naimark, MD?
Dr. Naimark sees dollar signs when he should be seeing patients. He has too many patients to offer adequate care to anyone. He often makes mistakes with medications, doesn't follow up with insurance companies, doesn't listen, and misdiagnosed me after a 45 min psych eval where he kept cutting me off and then just started to ignore me. My diagnosis came at the very end of the visit when he had me answer several yes or no questions, and he said, "Yup that must be it" and threw meds at me. Waste
Portsmouth, NH – Dec 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Naimark, MD?
I have been very satisfied with my experience with Dr. Naimark. He is very proficient adjusting my meds to head off impending mood extremes related to my bipolar disorder. He has been treating me for five years. Don't expect casual conversation. He is direct and to the point. He does not substitute for a therapist. His role is solely to evaluate and prescribe. Warm and fuzzy is not what you need nor should you expect. However, he is expertly proficient at managing the brain chemistry.
Sep 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Naimark, MD?
I have been treated by Dr. Naimark for several years. He acknowledges and accepts my opinions empowering me in assisting in my ongoing course of treatment. He is extremely knowledgeable and I thoroughly trust him!
Dover, NH – Sep 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Naimark, MD?
Dr. Richard Naimark has been treating me for several years’ and it’s been very helpful. He’s a good listener and tries potential treatments until seeing a positive result(s). He perseveres and helps guide me to obtain a better quality of life. I’m not an easygoing person so his persistent nature shows he’s a patient and tenacious professional.
Rochester, NH – Sep 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Naimark, MD?
Thorough, kind, thoughtful, easy to talk with. Helps me see things from a different perspective, that always helps me out. I have gone to see him for years and I would highly recommend him!
Nancy W. in NH – Aug 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Naimark, MD?
I am so grateful for the care I've received from Dr. Naimark. I've been seeing Dr. Naimark for many years and he has been instrumental in guiding the progress of my mental health care. He's available to me via regular appointments, as well as leaving a simple question for him on his voicemail - he calls me back the same day within a very reasonable amount of time. I trust his judgment.
Rochester, NH – Aug 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Naimark, MD?
Dr, Naimark has been for the most part a caring and efficient provider. He takes the time to listen and explain things. I have been seeing him for many years and only have had one incidence where I thought he dropped the ball. He carefully regulates my meds and I have been on an even keel for quite a while. I would recommend him to family and friends.
Barnstead, NH – Aug 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Naimark, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Richard Naimark for at least 10 years. He listens to my concerns and works with me to get my meds right.
Belmont, NH – Aug 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Naimark, MD?
Dr.Naimark is only concerned about money.He's so quick with his appts that every time,he has made a mistake on a dose, the type or how long my child has been on it.At the end of this last apt,that he had mistaken the time my child has been on a dose by 3 MONTHS, he asked me to remind him of the scheduling of when he would be seeing my son again. At the end he pulled out a $115 bill saying we missed an appointment that I never made & said we are charged $10 every time we call in a script!Scammer!
Dawn Jenkins in Maine – Aug 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Naimark, MD?
Horrible man.. has no clue what he is doing on that computer. Uped one of my meds 200 more mg with out even knowing. Right as I was going through a hysterectomy. I thought I was losing my mind. Ended up in the hospital. to much to even go in to.... if your looking for a five min appointment and sent out the door new pill that's him.
Farmington, NH – Mar 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Naimark, MD?
This "doctor" could not care less about patients. Charges $90 for a 15 minute appointment that he will end after 3 minutes except to ask if you have paid all of your bills. He is definitely checked-out, doing this for $$ and I have not seen any evidence that he cares for patient well-being. I have tried to talk to him about experiences relating to why I am seeing him and he could not care less.
John in Portsmouth, NH – Sep 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Naimark, MD?
If you are looking for a doctor to see you for 5-10 minutes before handing you prescription without explanation and dor what may not even be appropriate or helpful medication then Dr. Naimark is your guy. But if you're seeking compassionate care by Doctor with empathy, who is willing to spend time listening to you, do not stop here.
Sophie E. in Durham, NH – Aug 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Naimark, MD?
Straight forward, current knowledge, and professional.
DONNA PAYNE in Lebanon, ME – Jun 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Naimark, MD?
He does not care about his patients. He put me on 6 medications and he asks what med do you think is work best I don't know...you're the doctor. Every session he asks about the bill, the only thing he cares about. I am going through some financial problems at the moment and set up a payment plan and that did not satisfy the man.He is now going to drop me as a patient b/c he wants the money ASAP. How can you just drop a patient while they are on so many medications? Greedy man.
Durham, NH – Apr 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Naimark, MD?
I find Dr. Naimark to be very greedy! He charges $10 if you call and need a refill for your prescription. I had a $30 balance due to a deductible and he asked me if I was going to take care of my bill before I left! I have NEVER had a doctor talk to me about my bill. It was not even overdue or sent to me in the mail.
Dover, NH – Mar 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Naimark, MD?
Bad experience. Took my teenage daughter to see him, but left within six months due to his inattentive attitude. His practice is a real assembly line - one patient after another, in and out ievery 15 minutes with script. At one point my daughter told him she was feeling much more depressed on a new medication and he responded let's give it a few more weeks without investigating whether she was having a bad reaction. Office is run down and in sketchy part of town.
Sophie – Mar 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Naimark, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Naimark?

• Psychiatry