Dr. Richard Nachwalter, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 50

Dr. Nachwalter

Atlantic Spine Specialists

131 Madison Ave Ste 110 Morristown, NJ 07960

Dr. Richard Nachwalter, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Morristown, NJ and has been practicing for 20 years. He graduated from UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH SCHOOL OF MEDICINE in 1994 and specializes in orthopedic surgery.

Dr. Nachwalter accepts

Dr. Nachwalter accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)

Dr. Nachwalter's Top Procedures and Conditions

Herniated Disc Surgery

Dr. Nachwalter performs Herniated Disc Surgery more than 59% of his peers

Dr. Nachwalter performs this procedure more than 59% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Anterior Cervical Discectomy With Fusion

• Bunion
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Spondylosis
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

Away from his practice, he maintains ties to current research and practices through his memberships in the North American Spine Society, The American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery, The New Jersey Orthopedic Society and the Medical Society of New Jersey.  Dr. Nachwalter has also been the recipient of numerous Healing Hand Awards and ACE awards.

Thomas Jefferson University

4.2

Dr. Nachwalter?
Dr. Nachwalter's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Richard Nachwalter, MD
It has been 1 year since my back surgery (Laminectomy L4-5). Immediate improvement after surgery, post 6 months was great and post 12 months even better! Can't thank Dr. Nachwalter enough - - his "less is more" philosophy demonstrates his commitment to improve your well being and not to unnecessary procedures or techniques. Thank you! scott
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Nachwalter, MD?
Doctor Nachwalter performed my back surgery in April. I am very pleased with the surgery. I would definitely recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Nachwalter, MD?
Dr. Nachwalter first performed surgery for me in 2014 (Cervical Fusion). Extremely successful procedure. Recently required a spinal fusion. Throughout both of these events Dr. Nachwalter provided the highest quality of care/attention. He answered all questions, was always responsive and patient. Not to mention confident and supportive to me and my family. If I need future spinal care, I would 100% engage Dr. Nachwalter. I highly recommend being in his care!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Nachwalter, MD?
I had back surgery with Dr. Nachwalter in February. It's now 5 months later and I am pain free. He was very attentive to my concerns, answered all of my many questions and offered me options for treatment. After trying physical therapy and back injections, I opted for the surgery. The very next day I was able to get out of bed like a normal human being. I am so grateful for Dr. Nachwalter's ability to pinpoint my condition and through surgery give me relief. Everyone was courteous and professional and I highly recommend Dr. Nachwalter and his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Nachwalter, MD?
I met with Dr. Nachwalter after having issues with back and leg pain. I had a previous surgery five years earlier done by another surgeon. Dr. Nachwalter listened to my concerns, anticipated and answered all the questions I had. He explained thoroughly what should be done to alleviate my pain and why he was suggesting his plan of action. Although this surgery was more extensive than my first, my recovery was quicker and easier which I attribute to Dr. Nachwalter’s skill and expertise in his field. I am thrilled with my results, and have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Dr. Nachwalter.
100% recommend
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Nachwalter, MD?
Dr Nachwalter operated on my back for my herniated disc. I now feel amazing a month after my surgery. He and his staff were fantastic, it could not of gone any better. I highly recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Nachwalter, MD?
Dr. Nachwalter is extremely knowledgeable, courteous and confident. I am so pleased with the whole process, I will refer friends and family to your practice! After meeting Dr. Nachwalter, I knew immediately I was going to be feeling better after discussing the procedure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Nachwalter, MD?
Very attentive to concerns, spent time explaining my condition & what treatment was best. Allayed my fears regarding the surgery I needed, explained in detail what was going to be done. Staff was very friendly & professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Nachwalter, MD?
I had a super experience with Dr. Nachwalter. He explained the reason for the extreme pain my leg/knee/calf pain and patiently answered all my questions. He tried non-surgical remedies first... but when I had no relief, he was sympathetic to my pain and did not delay moving to disc surgery. Post surgery, I still had pain but the doctor urged me to be patient as the nerve repaired itself. He was absolutely correct... and now I am pain free! I loved his style... and his work!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Nachwalter, MD?
Dr Nachwalter was amazing and took the time to answer all my questions. He was thorough with his treatment plan and I would highly recommend him and his staff
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Nachwalter, MD?
I am very fortunate and relieved that I decided to see Dr. Nachwalter for a third opinion after seeing two neurosurgeons who insisted I needed surgery. A serious car accident in September of 2018 left me with a fracture of the C2 vertebra and other cervical vertebrae issues. Dr. Nachwalter spared me unnecessary surgery as he explained my situation thoroughly and did not see the need for surgical repair to my neck. He is completely trustworthy and I would recommend him to anyone. -Lori in NJ
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Nachwalter, MD?
Dr. Nachwalter is knowledgeable , professional , caring, and listened to what I had to say . He was able to diagnose the problem help me get the correct treatment so I can start heal properly. I would without a doubt recommend Dr. Nachwalter he is definitely one of the best in his field .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Nachwalter, MD?
Worst experience I ever had. I Went to Dr. Nachwalter through workman’s comp. I had a disc that was sitting on top of my nerve so he removed a part of my disc to release the nerve. After surgery the pain was very bad I was told it was surgery pain that it’s going to take some time to heal so I waited and waited for my pain to go away and I’m still waiting every time I would go see him and till him that I still had pain He dismissed me and told me it’s all in my head. I know what pain feels like.
We take our patient's symptoms very seriously. ...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Nachwalter, MD?
My name is Steven Andiorio, I was injured on the job 1/5/2017. Due to the red tape / shear lack of concern & absolute power the insurance company , my company is insured by , I went thru no less than 7 different doctors of their choice , all who did absolutely nothing . Finally after 2yrs & a court order , I got blessed Dr. Nachwalter who is competent, fair , knowledgeable, & is a true credit to his profession. Their is not enough room to express how , grateful for his entire service. Thx Dr.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Nachwalter, MD?
Dr. Nachwalter was great. Very detailed oriented. What i liked the most is that at a time when many doctors will simply perform surgery on you because it may the easiest or sometimes more lucrative option for them, he never pushed for surgery. he looked for options, explained them to me and after a few months of therapy and the right medicines i was able to avoid surgery and make a total recovery. He was always honest and direct. Great experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Nachwalter, MD?
Dr Nachwalter did an excellent job detecting a problem that other doctors missed for over 2 years. Surgery went smoothly and recover was much easier than I expected. I highly recommend Dr Nachwalter.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Nachwalter, MD?
I'm a 50 year old active man who injured my neck and was in constant pain 24/7 for 4 months and needed surgery to fix cervical 5-6 6-7 injury rather than a fusion I had the mobi-c disc implants to have more movement and flex. I went to the hospital at pain level 10 and when I woke up after surgery I had thought I was "Touched by the hands of god!" My pain in my right arm was gone, that night I slept the longest i had in 4 months. I recommend Dr. Nackwalter he gave me back my life!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Nachwalter, MD?
Dr. Nachwalter is amazing. He is great at what he does. He makes you feel comfortable and he is with you every step of the way from the first appointment to the last. I would recommend people to give him a try.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Nachwalter, MD?
Dr. Nachwalter is a great doctor. I am pain free for the first time in years. I highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for a spine specialist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Nachwalter, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Nachwalter?